1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Long from 2013! So it is 11 at least
    12th Man here.
    01-20-21 09:45 AM
    Count me as 13, as I've held since July 2012, with occasional partial selling on highs, buying back on dips. One consistent feature with this stock - significant seemingly inexplicable run ups in price followed by equally inexplicable collapses.
    FeitaInc and dusdal like this.
    01-20-21 09:51 AM
    Hey, did you count me? I've been following you guys for 10 years but only signed up last month. IVY gave me hope and everything was starting to come together but the longs were going extinct. I had to sign up to spread the Gospel of the Beastberry.
    I have only counted the loves given to my previous post yesterday. You should be in as I believe many watching this thread for years but mostly been quiet like me. There might be a better way to track. Who is going to organize 20 share price party if it hit?
    La Emperor, RicoG1, Corbu and 2 others like this.
    01-20-21 09:59 AM
    To recap how we got here:

I can see now how the Cylance purchase was huge. BB did not have AI and was behind competitors tech such as CRWD. BB needed the technology to catch up or be left in the dust.

IVY of course gives potential for outsized growth.

FB settlement could mean many years of handsome royalties.

The pending patent sale could be a sizable cash infusion. Wonder what they plan to do with it ?

WSB influence is similar to having a powerful activist hedge fund in your corner. With the kinds of volume we are having, the big guys are heavily trading the stock too. Are they accumulating or just trading?

The last ingredient we need to wait for that can rocket this stock to $30 and Chen's big Fat bonus is the Q4 2021 ER. I have no doubt that it will look good as it will show growth Q over Q and year over year. When was the last time that happened? The question is after such a stock appreciation, would a slight beat be good enough? I think the stock would pull back and consolidate in that scenario.

A strong beat however and we will be seeing rockets.
    JLagoon likes this.
    01-20-21 10:25 AM
    High volumes, and the SP is holding up. Have to say I like this new BB.

#knockOnWood
    JLagoon likes this.
    01-20-21 01:49 PM
    01-20-21 05:18 PM
    To recap how we got here:

I can see now how the Cylance purchase was huge. BB did not have AI and was behind competitors tech such as CRWD. BB needed the technology to catch up or be left in the dust.

IVY of course gives potential for outsized growth.

FB settlement could mean many years of handsome royalties.

The pending patent sale could be a sizable cash infusion. Wonder what they plan to do with it ?

WSB influence is similar to having a powerful activist hedge fund in your corner. With the kinds of volume we are having, the big guys are heavily trading the stock too. Are they accumulating or just trading?

The last ingredient we need to wait for that can rocket this stock to $30 and Chen's big Fat bonus is the Q4 2021 ER. I have no doubt that it will look good as it will show growth Q over Q and year over year. When was the last time that happened? The question is after such a stock appreciation, would a slight beat be good enough? I think the stock would pull back and consolidate in that scenario.

A strong beat however and we will be seeing rockets.
    Thanks for the recap!

Would only add that the FB and Huawei deals perhaps also help investors better appreciate the non-zero value of BB's extensive IP portfolio.

Can't wait to watch this rollercoaster (rocket?) ride between now and the end-March Q4 earnings report!
    dusdal and La Emperor like this.
    01-20-21 09:12 PM
    01-21-21 02:32 PM
    I think my perspective on this is that, this is where I would have reasonably expected the SP to be at this point, a bit higher even.

But we have been held down despite positive events over the past few years, so we are simply making up ground due to the new buyers as a catalyst.

Once we move into revenue multiple comparable to competitors, and see continuation of the software growth then I might look to be more cautious and sell if it gets excessive.

With that though, the SP has a long way to run to catch up to the industry it seems. Though direct comparison is a little difficult given the many different lines of business BB is in and none of those getting reported independently.

Nice swing back to green today! GLTA
    La Emperor, Corbu, RicoG1 and 1 others like this.
    01-21-21 02:40 PM
    With WSB supporting BlackBerry, the stock is unstoppable. Look at GME. Epic battle today between WSB and Citron Research. Andrew Left had to live stream today to give out 5 reasons why Reddit is wrong and he called them out. Guess which side won?🙂

Oh count me as 14!
    Andy_bb_king and RicoG1 like this.
    01-21-21 05:27 PM
    Thanks for the recap!

Would only add that the FB and Huawei deals perhaps also help investors better appreciate the non-zero value of BB's extensive IP portfolio.

Can't wait to watch this rollercoaster (rocket?) ride between now and the end-March Q4 earnings report!
    When BlackBerry Limited won it’s last settlement while also announcing “partnerships” in primary lines of business, it used that cash to essentially purchase Cylance at time. While the cash is nice to win, does anyone have any idea how much it’s actually bottom line amount?

The company silence and speculation that I’ve read without any real explanation seems odd. Enjoy the run but this reminds me of the VSE back in the day.
    01-21-21 06:26 PM
    It's true.

Chen's track record seems to suggest he would favour a long term licensing deal.

But I would think Facebook's aim would be to do whatever they need to change to ensure they aren't liable for royalties going forward. Which would just leave past offenses to pay for. Presumably as a lump sum?
    RicoG1, howarmat and Corbu like this.
    01-21-21 08:30 PM
    When BlackBerry Limited won it’s last settlement while also announcing “partnerships” in primary lines of business, it used that cash to essentially purchase Cylance at time. While the cash is nice to win, does anyone have any idea how much it’s actually bottom line amount?

The company silence and speculation that I’ve read without any real explanation seems odd. Enjoy the run but this reminds me of the VSE back in the day.
    I imagine we'll hear about it during the next earnings call (assuming the case closes by quarter end).

The case hasn't closed just yet, it doesn't seem appropriate to make announcements until the decision is final.
    01-21-21 09:41 PM
    I imagine we'll hear about it during the next earnings call (assuming the case closes by quarter end).

The case hasn't closed just yet, it doesn't seem appropriate to make announcements until the decision is final.
    One thing we can take from the past is that Chen is very bad and mostly silent when it comes to announcing great wins. Definitely no money amount and probably a few second vague mention.
    01-22-21 09:28 AM
    BB holding up pretty well the last couple days trying to hold onto the gain of earlier in the week.

The other WSB darlings GME and PLTR are going on a tear.

I have been looking at GME lately, but cautious as they had a 1 day 40% jump just a couple weeks ago. Plus a well known shorter, Citron Research who was actually a bull on BB, was advocating shorting GME.
    01-22-21 11:22 AM
    GME up 35%. PLTR up 10%. 2 of the 3 current favorites at WSB.

The other favorite, our own BB. Our turn next week?
    La Emperor likes this.
    01-22-21 11:27 AM
    GME up 35%. PLTR up 10%. 2 of the 3 current favorites at WSB.

The other favorite, our own BB. Our turn next week?
    I may be today, up another 4%
    01-22-21 11:56 AM
    I may be today, up another 4%
    Odd... was trending downward most of the day, then big pop about 15 minutes ago... ?
    01-22-21 12:04 PM
    Holy Robin Hood Batman, these WSB people must be all millenials cause they can't even wait till next week for our fave stock to rocket.
    01-22-21 12:43 PM
    The 5 year high has been knocked out. What's next.
    dusdal likes this.
    01-22-21 12:45 PM
    I've been accumulating BB by averaging up almost every week since the IVY announcement so the truck is full. However, I don't want to sell any stock until at least $20. If it doesn't reach that level by earnings, I will sell some before just in case the market is not satisfied.

Thus, I tried some day trading today. I bought some this morning at the dip and put a sell on it for .40 cents higher. Then I saw the stock start to shoot up and I tried to put my sell at a higher level but was too late. It shot up a dollar in about a minute.
    THIS WAS MY FIRST SELL OF BB WHERE I ACTUALLY MADE MONEY. ONLY TOOK 8 YEARS PLUS. IT'S AN IMPORTANT DAY FOR ME LIKE AN ANNIVERSARY.
    01-22-21 12:57 PM
    I've been accumulating BB by averaging up almost every week since the IVY announcement so the truck is full. However, I don't want to sell any stock until at least $20. If it doesn't reach that level by earnings, I will sell some before just in case the market is not satisfied.

Thus, I tried some day trading today. I bought some this morning at the dip and put a sell on it for .40 cents higher. Then I saw the stock start to shoot up and I tried to put my sell at a higher level but was too late. It shot up a dollar in about a minute.
    THIS WAS MY FIRST SELL OF BB WHERE I ACTUALLY MADE MONEY. ONLY TOOK 8 YEARS PLUS. IT'S AN IMPORTANT DAY FOR ME LIKE AN ANNIVERSARY.
    Congratulations!

This WSB group is something else, I wouldn't rule out $20 at all.

Fundamentally and long term, nothing has changed... but for awhile investors have a chance to see some green. But always a good chance that SPARK starts to sell, that IVY picks up some leading manufacture later in the year... combined with this group.
    RicoG1 likes this.
    01-22-21 01:10 PM
    Congratulations!

This WSB group is something else, I wouldn't rule out $20 at all.

Fundamentally and long term, nothing has changed... but for awhile investors have a chance to see some green. But always a good chance that SPARK starts to sell, that IVY picks up some leading manufacture later in the year... combined with this group.
    Thanks. I appreciate the level headed opinion that you, App Developer, and Chuck Finlay provides.

A shout out also to Corbu for keeping us connected to BB news and Rarsen with his security updates.

From the hundreds of longs that use to post here, we are down to only 14 or so and finally making money.

It's ironic, cause the guys over at WSB making money on our BB are mostly millennials and have never used a BlackBerry phone.

I'm a diehard who still uses a silver and a black Passport. I've stuck with this investment cause I'm stubborn, I go against the crowd, I root for the underdog and love a Cinderella story.
    rarsen, Corbu and Andy_bb_king like this.
    01-22-21 01:45 PM
    BlackBerry Insiders Unload Shares Amid Biggest Rally in 21 Years

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/black...182906003.html
    01-22-21 02:05 PM
    Thanks. I appreciate the level headed opinion that you, App Developer, and Chuck Finlay provides.

A shout out also to Corbu for keeping us connected to BB news and Rarsen with his security updates.

From the hundreds of longs that use to post here, we are down to only 14 or so and finally making money.

It's ironic, cause the guys over at WSB making money on our BB are mostly millennials and have never used a BlackBerry phone.

I'm a diehard who still uses a silver and a black Passport. I've stuck with this investment cause I'm stubborn, I go against the crowd, I root for the underdog and love a Cinderella story.
    Just don't be too stubborn....

Did see a story where BlackBerry insiders are using this to sell shares, so they aren't believing it's going to be worth much more in the long term.

Chief Marketing Officer Mark Wilson sold more than $990,000 of BlackBerry stock, 60% of what he owned.
    Chief Financial Officer Steve Rai sold nearly $430,000 of the stock, liquidating all his directly owned shares.
    01-22-21 02:07 PM
113,256 ... 44824483448444854486 ...