1122. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

701 62.48%
  • No

421 37.52%
    PR:
    https://www.prnewswire.com/news-rele...301175811.html
    BlackBerry Achieves NSA Approval for BlackBerry UEM
    W Hoa, tdovey, Redzinaldas and 6 others like this.
    11-18-20 08:33 AM
    Thanks Corbu, very interesting and excited for news again. So BlackBerry is not going to part with patents related to, or currently in use on the cyber security side of things. This looks to be more so our older "social" patents which is a space we are no longer involved. I would imagine this could lead to Facebook "settling" with BlackBerry.
    Corbu, rarsen and rampagingpanda like this.
    11-18-20 11:13 AM
    https://financialpost.com/news/econo...uld-be-as-well

If pipelines, automakers, ketchup plants are worthy of public backing, so should BlackBerry's patents be
    Corbu, Rice Dawg and rarsen like this.
    11-19-20 07:21 AM
    Since we're in a climate of handing out millions to anyone who asks for it, why doesn't Trudeau spend $450M to keep these patients in Canada and continue to receive the licensing revenues. How is this worse than paying out $125,266,500 to 2,304 female RCMP officers who received disparaging comments or felt uncomfortable on occasion during their careers.
    11-19-20 01:24 PM
    Since we're in a climate of handing out millions to anyone who asks for it, why doesn't Trudeau spend $450M to keep these patients in Canada and continue to receive the licensing revenues. How is this worse than paying out $125,266,500 to 2,304 female RCMP officers who received disparaging comments or felt uncomfortable on occasion during their careers.
    But is BlackBerry selling the ones that generate the revenue... or the ones that they (BlackBerry and the firms they have hired) haven't found a way to monetize these last eight years of trying?

No way the value is only $450 with the amount of revenue being generated.... so it's not the revenue generating patents .
    11-20-20 09:08 AM
    BB's SP is on quite the tear these past few days. Wonder what is going on behind the scenes to drive the price action. is the Cylance for cloud offering coming along nicely?

or are there any rumours circulating that somebody is set to acquire them? somebody like a Cisco, Citrix or Microsoft perhaps?
    11-20-20 02:12 PM
    BB's SP is on quite the tear these past few days. Wonder what is going on behind the scenes to drive the price action. is the Cylance for cloud offering coming along nicely?

or are there any rumours circulating that somebody is set to acquire them? somebody like a Cisco, Citrix or Microsoft perhaps?
    Got a bump last week with the first report of the sale of the IP, and again this week with the more reliable rumor.

But what's it really mean for long term value of the stock...
    11-20-20 02:29 PM
    If they do sell their patents off, there will be a one-time bump in quarterly earnings along with significant goodwill write downs. Long term, this will only serve to reduce the overall street value of the company and trigger a corresponding share price adjustment. Since Blackberry can make a $1.4 Billion acquisition simply vanish into thin air, another $500M will in all probability not make any material difference to the financial health of the company.
    John Tomasson1 likes this.
    11-21-20 01:03 PM
    If they do sell their patents off, there will be a one-time bump in quarterly earnings along with significant goodwill write downs. Long term, this will only serve to reduce the overall street value of the company and trigger a corresponding share price adjustment. Since Blackberry can make a $1.4 Billion acquisition simply vanish into thin air, another $500M will in all probability not make any material difference to the financial health of the company.
    BlackBerry Limited isn’t making the Cylance acquisition disappear as much as just show true value of the other assets not included as part of the Cylance acquisition.

It also doesn’t change the fact that Fairfax ownership and control structure of BlackBerry discourages anyone else from pursuing the acquisition of BlackBerry while still publicly traded.
    11-21-20 02:58 PM
    It would appear this PR (from June 2020) is beginning to materialize itself:
    https://www.blackberry.com/us/en/com...0and%20provide

https://business.bell.ca/shop/medium...threat-defense
    11-23-20 07:43 AM
    BlackBerry Limited isn’t making the Cylance acquisition disappear as much as just show true value of the other assets not included as part of the Cylance acquisition.

It also doesn’t change the fact that Fairfax ownership and control structure of BlackBerry discourages anyone else from pursuing the acquisition of BlackBerry while still publicly traded.
    I didn't get the sell of the patents as too me it would seem a valuable part of taking over BlackBerry.

But in the end it was an unknown, that minority shareholders would have pointed too and said "they are potentially worth billions". But sell them off for "real" street value and what's left is.... what there is. If Cylance doesn't turn things around... it will be much harder to argue the "value" of the company going forward.
    11-23-20 08:02 AM
    Sold a little under 40% of my BB holdings at these levels. Trying to minimize my losses.

Hopefully BB can continue to make a run. If this happens to hit $6+ I may just unload the rest of my shares at a loss (albeit at a much reduced loss than earlier this year)
    Last edited by kellyweng88; Yesterday at 11:55 AM.
    Yesterday 11:01 AM
    Sold a little under 40% of my BB holdings are these levels. Trying to minimize my losses.

Hopefully BB can continue to make a run. If this happens to hit $6+ I may just unload the rest of my shares at a loss (albeit at a much reduced loss than earlier this year)
    Welcome to the crazy perverse world of Blackberry investing !
    kellyweng88 and FeitaInc like this.
    Yesterday 11:45 AM
111,613 ... 446344644465