View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    https://www.reuters.com/article/us-u...-idUSKCN1Q00A3

The White House said investment in AI is “critical to creating the industries of the future, like autonomous cars, industrial robots, algorithms for disease diagnosis, and more.”

I like how closely this may reflect on BlackBerry, spanning AI and disease diagnosis (read: Health care).

Let's wait to see if the POTUS puts his cheeseburger aside for a minute and picks up a BlackBerry. Wouldn't that be something!
    rarsen, smithm565, Corbu and 1 others like this.
    02-11-19 11:29 PM
    So, think I may have stumbled across a significant piece of info today in the BB v SNAP lawsuit.
    IMHO, this change is a material warning to SNAP shareholders of a negative outcome heading their way, either through a judgement for BB or settlement with a licensing agreement....

- No change yet to any of FB litigation notes.

Speaking of the next challenge with Facebook, a good refresher from back in March (from Corbu?) written by Rob Enderle:

https://www.itbusinessedge.com/blogs...t-goliath.html

I imagine the BlackBerry legal department is burning the candle at both ends these days with all this dynamite to juggle!
    What an exciting time to be in this play!!
    rarsen, smithm565, Corbu and 3 others like this.
    02-11-19 11:50 PM
    02-12-19 07:10 AM
    morganplus8 and Greened like this.
    02-12-19 07:14 AM
    Some numbers from Zacks typically remaining positive and prudent with a Strong Buy rating:

BlackBerry (BB) Outpaces Stock Market Gains: What You Should Know
    https://www.nasdaq.com/article/black...now1-cm1097528
    "Investors should also note any recent changes to analyst estimates for BB. These recent revisions tend to reflect the evolving nature of short-term business trends. With this in mind, we can consider positive estimate revisions a sign of optimism about the company's business outlook."
    02-12-19 09:11 AM
    Any insight into the sentiment shift for BlackBerry over the past few days? Fundamentals have not really changed. Cylance deal should be closing soon.
    morganplus8, rarsen and Greened like this.
    02-12-19 10:21 AM
    Any insight into the sentiment shift for BlackBerry over the past few days? Fundamentals have not really changed. Cylance deal should be closing soon.
    The general market has turned bullish now, we broke out of a downtrend on the Dow Jones. Further, The BB chart looks great too. Finally, this deal looks good on paper and its much closer to being finished. Many factors.
    02-12-19 11:13 AM
    From today's G&M:

Recent meetings with BlackBerry Ltd. (BB-N) executives have kept CIBC positive on the company and its prospects.

“CIBC hosted BlackBerry’s VP Finance Christopher Lee on a non-deal roadshow (NDR) through Canada last week. We left the meetings encouraged by Blackberry’s confidence in its ability to return to growth in F2020. We expect growth of 27 per cent in F2020, driven by Cylance and growth in QNX through new design wins. The Street (FactSet) expects about 24 per cent growth in F2020,” said analyst Todd Coupland.

“Post our NDR, we continue to believe that BlackBerry’s shares should be bought, as, in our view, they represent excellent risk/reward. Our price target is US$14 and we rate the shares Outperformer. The next potential catalyst will be BlackBerry’s Investor Day on April 23, when the company will provide its outlook for F2020.”

The median price target is US$9.

“During our meetings, much investor focus was on Cylance, the end-point cybersecurity market, and how Cylance will be leveraged into BlackBerry’s Spark platform. The deal is expected to close in late February or early March. We expect $217MM in Cylance sales for F2020E,” he said.

“Management’s three growth vectors are: securing vehicles with QNX, securing devices for the Enterprise of Things (EoT), and managing and securing the end-points with its new platform, Spark. Cylance will operate as a standalone business securing desktop PCs and add to Blackberry’s EoT and Spark platforms over time. The goal is for Cylance to integrate with the Blackberry mobile offering within the next year.”

Our BlackBerry thesis is based on three points:

1. Double-digit growth to continue in F2020E;

2. Path to EPS of $0.50 is more attainable (refer to our tear sheet); and,

3. BlackBerry's value is attractive and below peers at ~3.6x next year's revenue. CEO John Chen's revised compensation package is also aligned with higher share prices of at least US$16.
    02-12-19 12:36 PM
    From today's G&M:

Recent meetings with BlackBerry Ltd. (BB-N) executives have kept CIBC positive on the company and its prospects.

...BlackBerry's value is attractive and below peers at ~3.6x next year's revenue. CEO John Chen's revised compensation package is also aligned with higher share prices of at least US$16.
    That really chaps my hide!
    If Mobil Iron offered what BlackBerry does, the SP would be in the 40's by now.
    it's the brand name. It just doesn't sit well with some folks. Too many people got burned way back.

Chen needs a scandal to revive this brand name. Maybe he should make a sex ta...

... nevermind.
    rarsen, morganplus8, Hazo and 1 others like this.
    02-12-19 01:08 PM
    I guess this chap hasn't seen your sexy girlfriends holding a Blackberry phone, because if he did, he would be saying how sexy BlackBerry looks.

Cheers mates!!!!
    02-12-19 05:54 PM
    I guess this chap hasn't seen your sexy girlfriends holding a Blackberry phone, because if he did, he would be saying how sexy BlackBerry looks.

Cheers mates!!!!
    rarsen and morganplus8 like this.
    02-12-19 05:56 PM
    Chen needs a scandal to revive this brand name. Maybe he should make a sex ta...

... nevermind.
    Now I'll have that unfortunate picture in my mind all day !!

Thanks Bacon.
    02-13-19 09:02 AM
    BB short numbers continue to drop. Down an additional 2.1% from Jan 15 to Jan 31

BlackBerry Limited BB 22,180,631 22,651,063 -470,432 -2.1
    rarsen, Corbu, FeitaInc and 3 others like this.
    02-13-19 09:28 AM
    not sure if it's a good or bad when it continues to drop. Over the years I hope to own a stock that gets a nice short squeeze and was betting it would be BlackBerry...
    morganplus8 likes this.
    02-13-19 10:24 AM
    We haven't had a chart posted in sometime so I thought I would provide one:

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-bb-chart.png

We have been in a rally for sometime now, quietly heading higher on no news. Its a long way back to $ 10/US but we are getting there. We are actually tracking the Bollinger Bands, at the top of them, so larger gains aren't in the cards here. But the support looks great and we should finish out the month at $9/US. Let's close that deal and move higher from here.
    Last edited by morganplus8; 02-13-19 at 01:06 PM.
    02-13-19 12:49 PM
    Thanks Morgan. How about that RSI? Aren't we close to overbought territory, at close to 70?
    02-13-19 01:57 PM
    Thanks Morgan. How about that RSI? Aren't we close to overbought territory, at close to 70?
    That's why I chose $9.00 as it places us in the RSI>70 area but it will be somewhat less as the slow pace keeps the RSI levels in check. I believe we can hit $9.00 and a RSI=70 by the end of this month.
    02-13-19 04:34 PM
    Hi Morgan, article in case you missed it. Beautiful cars:

Last blast: a fiery farewell to the Morgan Plus 8
    https://www.msn.com/en-ca/autos/auto...cid=spartandhp
    02-13-19 07:00 PM
    We haven't had a chart posted in sometime so I thought I would provide one:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	BB Chart.png 
Views:	69 
Size:	239.8 KB 
ID:	442978
    Thank you for your chart, Morgan. I also like the steady-enough volume trend in the parallel channel, instead of a decreasing volume. It would be nice for this setup to have a breakout, and put the SP back in $10 range.
    rarsen, kellyweng88, Corbu and 3 others like this.
    02-14-19 10:16 AM
    Hi Morgan, article in case you missed it. Beautiful cars:

Last blast: a fiery farewell to the Morgan Plus 8
    https://www.msn.com/en-ca/autos/auto...cid=spartandhp
    Thanks Rarsen!

Great article, sad for me to see the Plus 8 go but I'm a traditionalist and like the older versions (def. not the Aero or a Plus 8 with an Lt1 in it) so there are plenty of good vehicles out there to keep me traveling to car shows and on the road. I take plenty of friends and neigbourhood kids out for rides, it never gets old taking a run down to the lake in a Morgan.

Thanks again!
    rarsen likes this.
    02-14-19 12:45 PM
    Thank you for your chart, Morgan. I also like the steady-enough volume trend in the parallel channel, instead of a decreasing volume. It would be nice for this setup to have a breakout, and put the SP back in $10 range.
    Hi JLagoon!!

We should be looking at your chart! Glad to see you are still around. I too like the idea of a slow, steady raise with modest volume. I believe its happening proportionally with the arrival of the closing date for this deal. Looking forward to Chen talking about this deal in the weeks ahead. Since you are a TA guy, have a look at how the price is moving up against the Bollinger Bands on a daily basis. The bands are actually tightening as we rally, not heard of in my many years of doing this. No one is watching this stock lately and it is getting great support right now. I think the second half of this year will surprise many. Take care!
    Corbu, Greened, La Emperor and 1 others like this.
    02-14-19 12:51 PM
    Though I never post anything from SA, I make an exception for this guy.

How Can BlackBerry Get To $35 By FY 2021? Let Us Count The Ways

Gio Danisi
    morganplus8, rarsen and La Emperor like this.
    02-14-19 01:05 PM
    02/14/0219 GS Research Note

BB – GS: GS Tech and Internet Conference 2019 - Key Takeaways

Key Highlights:

· Demand: While BlackBerry acknowledged that its unit numbers in any given quarter would be impacted by volatility in the SAAR, it also noted that its customers are committed to next-gen technology investment irrespective of medium-term macro. The pace of innovation in the connected car ecosystem has accelerated in the last 5 years, in part due to new entrants such as Tesla.

· Growth: Autonomous functionality and electrification are expanding the footprint for QNX given its heritage as a real time operating system and functional safety certifications. BlackBerry has good visibility into medium-term growth given the timing of design wins and its broad reach across the auto sector. In prior cycles, BlackBerry would have interacted primarily with the infotainment team. Today, BlackBerry interacts with centralized software design teams that plan technology roadmaps across infotainment, digital cockpit, autonomous, and other applications. BlackBerry sees the potential for automotive vendors to standardize software development on a single platform like QNX. Given this visibility and the opportunity ahead, R&D investment internally could pick up.

· Content and ASPs: QNX has expanded beyond infotainment to cover functionality including digital instrument clusters, telematics, Level 2+ ADAS systems, gateways, chassis controllers, and engine controllers. Wins today can be as many as 5 – 10 modules, compared to 1-2 modules historically. BlackBerry believes ASPs can expand many multiples above what they are seeing today. Its hypervisor remains differentiated in the marketplace, commanding a higher dollar value relative to other pieces of the platform.

· Competition: BlackBerry believes its safety certifications are highly differentiated relative to competitors such as Automotive Grade Linux and Android Auto. BlackBerry believes that barriers to entry remain high; for example, its ISO 26262 safety certification requires years of investment and work to become certified.

· Our 12-month price target is $8.00 for BB and C$11.00 for BB.TO based on 1.35 USD:CAD. Our BB price target is based on 1) 85% fundamental value of $7.50 (2.5x 2019 revenue) and 2) 15% M&A value of $11 (4.5x 2019E sales). Key risks include: timing of new design wins in QNX and IP, and M&A optionality.
    02-14-19 01:20 PM
    BlackBerry going after Facebook on patents in Germany too:

http://www.fosspatents.com/2019/02/b...atent.html?m=1

Posted via CB10
    Corbu, kellyweng88, Hazo and 7 others like this.
    02-14-19 03:44 PM
    02-14-19 07:34 PM
113,256 ... 43114312431343144315 ...