View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Trump used his words again and the Dow Jones dropped 800 pts closing at the low of the day and the NASD closed down almost 4% with bond yields inverting. This was a very bad day for the market as the DOW blew through its 200-dma and its 50-dma and closed at the low. It is rare that a stock is up on a day like today and there is little confidence that we have hit bottom. Thanks goes to DT.
    I didn't catch the news today, so I wasn't aware of DT's comments. It makes sense, if that's the case. Thanks for that M8!
    morganplus8 likes this.
    12-04-18 07:07 PM
    Kyocera Enters U.S. Cybersecurity Endpoint Management Market - Integrates with (BlackBerry) Cylance

Through its group company, Interfocus, Kyocera offers LanScope Cat, a unified endpoint management and security solution

Interfocus’ LanScope Cat has been available in many markets internationally since 1990 and is deployed at more than 10,000 companies, protecting the digital data and assets of 8.6 million users while also ensuring their compliance with both internal policies and external regulations.

LanScope Cat centralizes and streamlines endpoint management by automatically taking inventory of all PCs, laptops, peripherals, and software licenses to provide visibility into how users interact with proprietary data. LanScope Cat alerts when events are discovered at the endpoint by integrating with Cylance’s CylancePROTECT™ solution.

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/kyoce...133000715.html
    12-05-18 09:20 AM
    Indeed.... interestingly sphs was green today....

Posted via CB10
    Quite the buzz going on at SPHS, the CEO, Randy, mentioned during a Jefferies Conference interview that Tops "works when you make a direct hit on the cancer cells &/or use enough of the product". He went onto mention that some clinics that administered the drug missed the target but others made a direct hit suggesting that the Phase IIB results could be much better than stated along with second dose data possibly unlocking the true power of Tops. The data drops any day now and it might have some high ratio ablations in it. He is finally excited about his product and knows those results.

The conclusion for me is that there might be some huge news coming regarding the Ph2B second dosage patients data, tempered with a PHIII study around the corner. Can't wait for the news on those 10 patients. GL
    12-05-18 10:32 AM
  4. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    Quite the buzz going on at SPHS, the CEO, Randy, mentioned during a Jefferies Conference interview that Tops "works when you make a direct hit on the cancer cells &/or use enough of the product". He went onto mention that some clinics that administered the drug missed the target but others made a direct hit suggesting that the Phase IIB results could be much better than stated along with second dose data possibly unlocking the true power of Tops. The data drops any day now and it might have some high ratio ablations in it. He is finally excited about his product and knows those results.

The conclusion for me is that there might be some huge news coming regarding the Ph2B second dosage patients data, tempered with a PHIII study around the corner. Can't wait for the news on those 10 patients. GL
    Thank you, yes! GL, too, on all fronts!

Posted via CB10
    morganplus8, Corbu and rarsen like this.
    12-05-18 12:31 PM
    Thank you, yes! GL, too, on all fronts!

Posted via CB10
    Thanks WT&FC !!!

You know, Randy went against everyone back in the Phase I era with TOPS. He spent $ 31 MM, the full, slated amount on that study when it appeared that TOPS was a bust based upon the mid-term data. He turned out to be right and made one of the biggest decisions a company could make for their future. The stock ran hard on the data and then fell back when he wanted more studies done. He is one smart cookie and I believe he knows much more than he can ever say right now. But even the most careful CEOs can't hold back on all the info when pressed. He seems to be in that zone, where he was at the end of the Phase I study. There is so much interest in a drug/treatment that can ablate cancer and this one effects one of the worlds largest patient footprints. Its exciting to be a part of this event.

As for BlackBerry, I can't help but want to buy a rediculous amount of this stock in the weeks and months ahead. I have hated the fact that BB sat on so much money for so long. I couldn't have done that at all so maybe I'm not CEO material. Now we have something with meat on it and we're assured of growth in Revs and can dream about EPS positive going forward.
    12-05-18 03:21 PM
    Facebook v. BlackBerry update:

12/3/18 - FB responds to BB counterclaim from 11/12 & no surprise, they denied all claims by BB.

Wonder if it had anything to do with stock movement?

Posted via CB10
    morganplus8 and rarsen like this.
    12-05-18 05:58 PM
    Did you actually think Facebook would say anything but what they said? I have never touched a beer in my life!!!
    morganplus8 and FeitaInc like this.
    12-05-18 06:50 PM
    Nice find! That was interesting, it seems that everyone was caught off guard when their fav phone bombed. Then the excuses rolled out purely as a form of embarassment control on the part of those dreamers, sorry, experts. The blond doesn't count because she can say anything she wants and I'm not listening. But the guys gathered up their self-esteem and tried to make sense of it all. In the end, votes are what matters and with all of the controls in place you have your results. Respect.

So now they need to apply a subjective control via brightness & colour adjustments to test the theory
    The outcome was predictable (not necessarily the brands that won, but rather the characteristics of the pictures that won). It's exactly the same reason why TVs in stores are set super bright and super oversaturated and contrasty: because most people don't really understand what is important in an image, so they default back to "more is better", with "more" being represented here by more brightness, contrast, and saturation.

The true best-in-class cameras are tuned for more accuracy in those areas, but folks without any training or experience with high-quality photography or photo editing, color correction, etc. usually aren't going to appreciate that in this kind of comparison. The iPhone and Galaxys and LG V-series could easily be tuned to be overly-contrasty and over-saturated, but that would just be "gaming" this kind of comparison and would ultimately be worse for everyone.
    12-05-18 07:33 PM
    OT longer finance article for general weekend reading about Warren Buffet and intrinsic value. Interesting ideas with some memorable quotes:
    "An investor needs to do very few things right as long as he or she avoids big mistakes."
    "You don't find out who has been swimming naked until the tide goes out."
    "The question really is how to make your assumptions sensible and grounded in fundamentals."
    "There is no one easy method that could be simply mechanically applied by, say, a computer and make anybody who could punch the buttons rich. By definition, this is going to be a game which you play with multiple techniques and multiple models, and a lot of experience is very helpful,"
    "What counts for most people in investing is not how much they know, but rather how realistically they define what they don't know."

Amid market turmoil, Buffett addresses biggest puzzle for investors
    https://www.msn.com/en-ca/money/tops...cid=spartanntp
    morganplus8 and Corbu like this.
    12-06-18 09:03 AM
    The outcome was predictable (not necessarily the brands that won, but rather the characteristics of the pictures that won). It's exactly the same reason why TVs in stores are set super bright and super oversaturated and contrasty: because most people don't really understand what is important in an image, so they default back to "more is better", with "more" being represented here by more brightness, contrast, and saturation.

The true best-in-class cameras are tuned for more accuracy in those areas, but folks without any training or experience with high-quality photography or photo editing, color correction, etc. usually aren't going to appreciate that in this kind of comparison. The iPhone and Galaxys and LG V-series could easily be tuned to be overly-contrasty and over-saturated, but that would just be "gaming" this kind of comparison and would ultimately be worse for everyone.
    Ha! Really? They spent 2/3's of that video trying to save iPhone! They were all stunned that iPhone got bumped in round one. There is nothing in that video that suggested the phones they really like did predictably well. Fully 2/3's of the video was full of shock and regrouping.

I totally agree with you, contrast and bright colours sold America on other brands. But a study is a study and judging by the reaction, this test was not rigged to produce a desired outcome in any way. Hilarious to say, the reaction to BlackBerry summed it all up. Looking back, little effort was made to divert the post-traumatic results here and that's a good thing.

Funny thing, we have an 8 Plus here and I always hate the picture quality that comes out of that phone. Its my wives and she loves it, but those out of the box settings suck. My new Black Edition BB takes a far better, out of the box experience. Our household lives in an out of the box life when it comes to phones but I spent long hours tuning up our TV/s.

Enough of that, Trump might say something again and we'll have bigger things to worry about today! Good luck.
    rarsen, Corbu, FeitaInc and 2 others like this.
    12-06-18 09:11 AM
    Thanks for your continued comments, and among the many depressing articles about the self-centered and clueless:

Trump On Coming Debt Crisis: ‘I Won’t Be Here’ When It Blows Up
    https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/newsp...cid=spartanntp
    Last edited by rarsen; 12-06-18 at 04:33 PM.
    12-06-18 09:26 AM

Wow. So I guess since camera is such a big reason why people buy phones, we can expect BB to skyrocket their numbers, and Apple to plummet?

Or far more likely, will BB continue to trundle along with a "nice to have but not materially changing anything" numbers while Apple sees lines out the door for its new phones?

If it were a straight up quality vs price contest apple would have lost long ago. Superior phones for lower prices have been available for years.

Why does Coke outsell Pepsi 2:1, despite routinely losing blind taste tests? One thing I've learned over and over again is that people are a slave to their emotions. They start with their emotionally derived conclusion (apple = good), then if the data doesn't fit, they adjust the data (as Morgan pointed out) to either make it fit, or excuse why the data was corrupt.

BB holding up great today all things considered. Still shaking my head that in addition to all the great wins over the past year and a half, we even traded below where we were before the QCOM cash announcement. Debate the value of qualitative announcements like the Baidu announcement if you must, but discounting cash to zero? Annoying how under valued it is here, yet patiently (foolishly?) waiting like a good boy.
    smithm565, morganplus8 and rarsen like this.
    12-06-18 11:22 AM
    BlackBerry QNX bullish on the Chinese market

http://www.chinadaily.com.cn/a/20181...30328f2d8.html

Posted via CB10
    FeitaInc, rarsen, W Hoa and 2 others like this.
    12-06-18 07:32 PM
    I wasn't making an anti-BB commentary here - rather just explaining common evaluation flaws by laymen about photos and cameras. Again, people make the same choices when comparing TVs side-to-side, which is why TVs in stores are all set to "Vivid" which turns the brightness all the way up and WAY over-saturates the colors. It's also why proper "cloudy" anti-glare coatings on TVs have been dropped for "pretty-in-the-store" but completely impractical glossy screens that are horrible for glare.

And while I also understand the rationale for comparing photos shot in ideal conditions, showing the best of what's possible with each camera, that's hardly the whole story. A camera that can't take a decent photo with a non-moving object in daylight sun is a poor camera indeed. But cameras are far more often used in less-than-ideal conditions, and that's what really separates the good from the bad. I think we all know that the iPhone would rate high (not necessarily win, but at the very least score well) in a more comprehensive test - and I am NOT any kind of Apple fan.

I have been a semi-professional photographer and a professional videographer in the past, and I know a few things about digital imagery and where cameras can fail. I've lost shots and had less-than-great outcomes with lots of gear (still and motion) over the years, so I have some experience.

I think the comparison in the link was a fun comparison, but it was hardly a "study" anymore than an Internet poll is a "study". Studies have controls and far more depth and repeatable results. And that's why it's just not going to make much if any difference to the sales of ANY of the phones involved - most people DO realize that this one example doesn't have a lot of meaning overall.
    FeitaInc, rarsen, Corbu and 3 others like this.
    12-07-18 01:48 AM
    Thursday, December 20, 2018 at 8 a.m. ET

BlackBerry Limited (NYSE: BB; TSX: BB) will report results for the third quarter of fiscal year 2019 at 8 a.m. ET on Thursday, December 20, 2018. The conference can be accessed by dialing 866-393-4306 or live streamed on the company's website at http://ca.blackberry.com/company/investors/events.html.
    Corbu, rarsen and morganplus8 like this.
    12-07-18 05:50 AM
    12-07-18 06:23 AM
    OT:
    https://www.bbc.com/news/business-46480457
    Facebook could threaten democracy, says former GCHQ boss

rarsen and morganplus8 like this.
    12-07-18 07:33 AM
    When considered hardware with approaching Xmas season, some thoughts:

Cyber crooks increasingly targeting home devices: report
    https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/canad...cid=spartandhp
    "Cyber criminals are shifting their attention from traditional computers to internet-connected devices in Canadian homes, says the government's cyber security agency.
    Stealing personal and financial information is lucrative for cyber criminals and is very likely to increase." "Cybercrime is now so prevalent and sophisticated that it sustains illegal online marketplaces."
    morganplus8 and La Emperor like this.
    12-07-18 05:15 PM
    OT...

$SPHS Sophiris Bio, Inc. SEC Filing: Form 8-K https://t.co/OzV6FwSBOm
    morganplus8, rarsen and La Emperor like this.
    12-07-18 05:20 PM
    https://crackberry.com/american-truc...oduct-provider
    American Trucking Associations recognize BlackBerry as a Featured Product Provider

https://www.prnewswire.com/news-rele...300762055.html
    12-08-18 07:29 AM
    OT...

$SPHS Sophiris Bio, Inc. SEC Filing: Form 8-K https://t.co/OzV6FwSBOm
    Thoughts?
    Their options?
    The data?
    morganplus8 and rarsen like this.
    12-08-18 07:51 AM
    Thoughts?
    Their options?
    The data?
    This happens all the time, every living sole knows they need more funds. Large Funds can't buy the stock now because the float is way to small (30M shrs). Just as AAPl, BB and others have pre-authorized approval to buyback shares in the open makret, SPHS has the legal right to issue new shares at whatever obtainable price they can get totaling $ 20M/US.

I would welcome them increasing that super tight float of stock so that large investors could invest in the play. Selling new shares during or after some extremely important news event like the 10 patients with second dosage results makes a ton of sense. Let's hope they issue those shares at a very high price level!
    12-08-18 02:47 PM
    This happens all the time, every living sole knows they need more funds. Large Funds can't buy the stock now because the float is way to small (30M shrs). Just as AAPl, BB and others have pre-authorized approval to buyback shares in the open makret, SPHS has the legal right to issue new shares at whatever obtainable price they can get totaling $ 20M/US.

I would welcome them increasing that super tight float of stock so that large investors could invest in the play. Selling new shares during or after some extremely important news event like the 10 patients with second dosage results makes a ton of sense. Let's hope they issue those shares at a very high price level!
    Thanks Morgan.
    Makes perfect sense and sort of what I was debating.

It seems like a smart move, and you are right about the share float, it is pretty locked tight with the retailer investors, we ain't selling.

So, it pretty much is impossible for big firms to buy in, unless we get over $4 and warrants get exercised.

And yes, the $20 million gives them somemore runway.

Definitely looking forward to the data on the 10 2nd dosers.

It sounded like in the Jeffries interview that RW was indeed pretty confident in the drug if it hits the target.

They kept saying that info would be released end of the year, I hope they issue their options for the Board and then release the data.

Thanks again Morgan
    12-08-18 06:56 PM
    OT for general weekend reading:

Tech's invasion of our privacy made us more paranoid in 2018
    https://www.cnet.com/news/techs-inva...anoid-in-2018/
    At a time when Facebook, Google and phone companies have exposed how our data is being exploited, many are demanding a shift in how tech giants deal with privacy.
    While Cambridge Analytica was the biggest event, other privacy mistakes throughout the year continued to grow people's concerns. A Pew Research study also found that more than half of Facebook users in the US adjusted their privacy settings after the Cambridge Analytica scandal. Privacy tools have been available online for quite a while, but there's been a spike in traffic over the last year, developers found.
    Privacy isn't an issue that'll just be forgotten, thanks to breaches and data abuse scandals that continue to surface. Once you've seen what companies can do with your data, you can't unsee it
    La Emperor, morganplus8 and W Hoa like this.
    12-09-18 06:49 AM
    Consider we were Around $8 Dec, 2015 when circumstances were very different for this company. In 2015 survival was questionable, letalone an 1bil+ acquisition. Without 9 straight quarters of earnings beats.

Anyone try out the consumer Cylance want to share a quick review?
    Corbu, rarsen, La Emperor and 1 others like this.
    12-09-18 09:24 PM
113,256 ... 42944295429642974298 ...