View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    But the Romans managed to build a meaningful part of Rome within five years, while John Chen was only able to shrink BB in that time, destroying shareholder value on his way
    ... Reminds me of an old SNL skit featuring Debbie-Downer....

So anybody holding into ER?
    Last edited by Bacon Munchers; 09-23-18 at 01:31 PM.
    farmwersteve and RigoMonster like this.
    09-23-18 01:20 PM
    09-23-18 03:16 PM
    September 20, 2018
    https://blog.checkpoint.com/2018/09/...-cyberattacks/
    Check Point and BlackBerry Partner to Prevent Mobile Cyberattacks
    By Brian Gleeson, Head of Threat Prevention Product Marketing, Check Point
    09-23-18 08:13 PM

Yep, been here for a lot of vintages, whats a couple more, if that's what it takes.
    09-23-18 08:13 PM

http://images.google.com/imgres?imgu...source=sh/x/im
    09-23-18 08:14 PM

Held into ER for past five years, will continue to do so.
    09-24-18 01:12 AM
    [QUOTE=smithm565;13284183][url]https://www.msn.com/en

Yes just wait for the 20% dip on Friday delivered by the arrogant and ignorant CEO of BlackBerry, mighty John Chen himself
    09-24-18 04:54 AM
    [QUOTE=Bacon Munchers;13284129]... Reminds me of an old SNL skit featuring Debbie

John Chen will play the Debbie Downer on Friday for all his cheerful fans when he delivers the next round of meh-numbers followed by a huge drop (at least this time he could not blame a fund selling to cash in big gains since he killed almost all gains by himself)
    techvisor likes this.
    09-24-18 04:56 AM
    Somehow he managed to beat the consensus the last 4 or 5 quarters.

Posted via CB10
    Greened and dusdal like this.
    09-24-18 06:10 AM

Posted via CB10
    And somehow he managed to cause a big drop to the share price every quarter. It is no use to present a headline beat, if you guide down in the same second
    Last edited by muhlan001; 09-24-18 at 12:53 PM.
    techvisor likes this.
    09-24-18 06:31 AM
    And somehow he managed to cause a big drop to the share price every quarter. It is no use to present a headline beat, you guide down in the same second
    Lock in your short position and post your trade confirmation. Would quiet your critics.
    09-24-18 06:44 AM
    Lock in your short position and post your trade confirmation. Would quiet your critics.
    The best thing to quiet me would be a real beat on friday combined with an increased outlook sending the shares soaring to 20$. But John Chen will not deliver
    techvisor likes this.
    09-24-18 07:32 AM

Posted via CB10
    He beat a consensus which was significantly lowered to reflect the poor state of BB's business situation. While I am a fan of JC, I do think the current financial performance of the company is quite deplorable and needs to vastly improve.

This coming ER will once again give a further indication of the effectiveness of the company's current direction. So far, we have not seen the kind of growth other companies are producing or what long-suffering shareholders are expecting. JC enjoys the support of the major stakeholders, but that support will inevitably erode or quickly evaporate if the earnings continue to disappoint.
    09-24-18 08:36 AM
    09-24-18 01:20 PM
    [QUOTE=muhlan001;13284381]
    ... Reminds me of an old SNL skit featuring Debbie

John Chen will play the Debbie Downer on Friday for all his cheerful fans when he delivers the next round of meh-numbers followed by a huge drop (at least this time he could not blame a fund selling to cash in big gains since he killed almost all gains by himself)
    Hope you are wrong about that.
    Regarding the drop though, even if numbers beat, there will be a drop. I figure it is one of the most manipulated stocks out there. I feel that BlackBerry would benefit if we don't hear Chen. Instead, just let the good news fly. If you have noticed over the years, this stock seems to have a natural way to creep up on it's own when Chen is relatively silent and we just see positive news.

BTW - A common Conspiracy theory is that 'They' don't want BlackBerry securing the common-folk.
    (good thing I ain't common).

09-24-18 04:42 PM
    09-24-18 05:39 PM
    [QUOTE=Bacon Munchers;13284701]

Hope you are wrong about that.
    Regarding the drop though, even if numbers beat, there will be a drop. I figure it is one of the most manipulated stocks out there. I feel that BlackBerry would benefit if we don't hear Chen. Instead, just let the good news fly. If you have noticed over the years, this stock seems to have a natural way to creep up on it's own when Chen is relatively silent and we just see positive news.

BTW - A common Conspiracy theory is that 'They' don't want BlackBerry securing the common-folk.
    (good thing I ain't common).

I also hope that I am dead wrong and that this ER John Chen will finally deliver.
    Bacon Munchers and techvisor like this.
    09-25-18 04:43 AM
    09-25-18 07:57 AM
    09-25-18 06:55 PM
    I didn't read anything in that purchase, it isn't a material amount. The focus is still on waiting to hear 2nd dose data. He is one unusual guy, not many CEO's like him and this play wouldn't be where it is today without his crazy decision to continue the Phase III study after the investing community told him to save the money and shut it down. These plays move when all of the players are in them and not until then. Look at EYPT, they hire a team, hold the stock back, issue stock options and as soon as it looks like everyone is on board they release it. Hardly trading today despite massive volumes around $ 1.00/shr, and now, no selling up here at $ 2.50/shr. SPHS will do the same thing as they approach the end of the year. To me, 10,000 shares is a very small amount to purchase, let's not blow it all out of proportion.

BlackBerry is holding up well the past few weeks even though FB is talking trash, no one cares. Next week we get some data and the market is strong right now so it should be interesting. I'm looking forward to this Q report from BB, they have been quiet for too long. Hopefully that means they are doing their job and not wasting shareholders time! I have learned to like quiet over Elon Musk. GL
    Hey Morgan

Your EYPT is looking great.
    Good luck to you on that it seems to be following exactly what you previously laid out for us.
    Corbu, morganplus8 and FeitaInc like this.
    09-25-18 09:26 PM
    "..BlackBerry‘s stock has underperformed the broader technology sector, and the overall market, of late. While the NASDAQ has rallied by about 16% year to date and by about 120% over the last five years, BlackBerry’s stock is down by about 11% year to date and has remained almost flat since 2013..."

https://www.forbes.com/sites/greatsp.../#29156ba76d98

At least the compensation package for John Chen has been growing over 100% and Prem Watsa was able to collect a cool hundred million $ in interest for useless debt. Two win while shareholders lose.
    techvisor likes this.
    09-26-18 01:53 AM
    Hey Morgan

Your EYPT is looking great.
    Good luck to you on that it seems to be following exactly what you previously laid out for us.
    Hi farmwersteve!!

Nice to see you back here! Yes, the hype train is in full speed now, a whole new group of pro pumpers showed up at social trading sites like Stocktwits, Stockhouse etc., and kicked regulars to the curb to do their thing. All the ducks are in a row to make it sound like the best investment that after happened too. I only need $ 3.75/shr to run away with a record pile of cash on this one.

I can tell you that the same thing is happening with SPHS now too. The regulars there have been attached and pushed to the side much like they use to do on Yahoo boards. The only issue with pro pumpers is that you need to know that once they achieve their price they are gone leaving the stock to drop.

Using the same analogy, BlackBerry has some new followers too who are pumping it but the numbers of pumpers aren't nearly as high as they are for something like EYPT. I can't wait to hear from John Chen, the most polarizing guy that ever lived on CB! Hoping this week sees us continue to improve on that chart pattern.

Best of luck and keep an eye on SPHS too.
    09-26-18 08:24 AM
    Morgan,
    that's amazing news for EYPT and your $3.75

and yeah, for SPHS, I would love to see it go down the same path.
    I still have a big number of shares, and only regret not realizing that pump to $8 in summer 2016, was just that, a pump.

that's my fear with the way SPHS is right now, I would like to take a profit on it at some point, but don't know when... then at the same time FOMO kicks in to my head and I start to worry.

so, that's why I stick with it.

Friday should be a fun day regardless with BB, one thing about BB, there has been a ton a amazing money making opportunities on it for the past 5 years.

nice to hear from you and as always, thank you for sharing your insights.
    09-26-18 08:40 AM
    Morgan,
    that's amazing news for EYPT and your $3.75

and yeah, for SPHS, I would love to see it go down the same path.
    I still have a big number of shares, and only regret not realizing that pump to $8 in summer 2016, was just that, a pump.

that's my fear with the way SPHS is right now, I would like to take a profit on it at some point, but don't know when... then at the same time FOMO kicks in to my head and I start to worry.

so, that's why I stick with it.

Friday should be a fun day regardless with BB, one thing about BB, there has been a ton a amazing money making opportunities on it for the past 5 years.

nice to hear from you and as always, thank you for sharing your insights.
    EYPT is popping nicely this week so watch it for a "how to" on SPHS. I think SPHS is a week behind EYPT. My wife owns a big position in SPHS and I don't, I never got what I wanted so the stock is hers really. As for BB, I can't wait to see what they have been up to. I know Chen sells a large block of stock automatically as part of his tax program but I do hope the news is positive on all fronts and that sets us up for the classic end of year rally.
    09-26-18 08:45 AM
    EYPT is popping nicely this week so watch it for a "how to" on SPHS. I think SPHS is a week behind EYPT. My wife owns a big position in SPHS and I don't, I never got what I wanted so the stock is hers really. As for BB, I can't wait to see what they have been up to. I know Chen sells a large block of stock automatically as part of his tax program but I do hope the news is positive on all fronts and that sets us up for the classic end of year rally.
    Great advice on the SPHS and EYPT similarities.
    And I know I speak for alot of us here, I hope your wife makes bank on SPHS!

Can you tell it's raining!
    09-26-18 08:55 AM
113,250 ... 42714272427342744275 ...