View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Well, the easy answer is to say it has been going up and down for years. We shoot up or down based on BlackBerry. When they're up, we're up. When they're down, we're down. 10 years ago things were obviously on the rise and it kept going from there, but once things started to get wishy washy with hardware there was a decline. Priv was a high point, DTEK60 was a high point, DTEK50, not so much of a pop there.

With the new devices out there, things were up for a bit as people were interested in seeing where things were going and KEYone ended up being a high point, as it was a new fresh take on things, Motion caught some attention and kept things high but some of that is now tapering off and we're rolling into KEY2 and KEY2 LE traffic now. Remains to be seen there.

The thing is, while BlackBerry is doing a TON of different things and got their hands into many pies, CrackBerry readers are largely hardware focused and seemingly always will be. You can see it in the comments. If we post 'BlackBerry Limited' stuff, such as Enterprise/QNX, AtHoc, it gets very little interaction. But if we post 'BlackBerry Mobile' stuff, such as a new device or whatever, people get engaged because it's what they want to see and what they care about.

Long story short, I'm not going to break out charts and graphs for the past 10 years, you don't need those to see that traffic isn't what it once was, that's obvious lol. But we're certainly not shutting the doors at any point soon either. I've said it before and I'll say it again, we were one of the first BlackBerry sites to make it big and look around... there's not many left now. We'll be here long after the others have shut down and been forgotten about.
    I'm still rooting for you guys, out of everyone of the BlackBerry entourage, crackberry is king!
    09-13-18 04:07 PM
    So when consumers were asking for high specs, slab phones, BlackBerry chose instead, John Chen in particular mentioned that customers don't know what they want and BlackBerry needs to decide what they want. Then staggering releases worldwide months apart, unfinished devices, QC issues, for few devices even showing he barely knew how to use it. One fail, fine, two fails, sure, fifty fails my patience gets tested, fail after fail since he came onboard, time to walk him out - oh wait I forgot can't even do that anymore with the new termination clause, not only does Watsa get paid out so does Chen, his entire package.

BOD has been the biggest problem, they all needed to be changed before Chen even came onboard.

This stock is dead money, any goodwill/interest from the market that could have helped with the rebound is gone. And we have a CEO who all but disappeared, instead he's busy golfing. One last point to consider, since he came onboard to date, BlackBerry never finished the buyback and zero insider buying so that itself shows even management has zero confidence in the company.

All this is now is a penny stock with a slightly higher market cap, chen's complete lack of focus on SP helped destroy hw and perception of the company, why he would have done this you'd ask - there was a ton of cash, he figured if he could stabilize SP an equity package could turn him into a billionaire. People on here praise Chen as if BlackBerry was that dire, I've seen plenty other companies that have turned around in much harsher conditions. BlackBerry was a goldmine, Chen blew up the entrance, started selling lemonade instead.
    HW was dead before Chen got there and he was hired to close down hardware while satisfying all components POs that were committed to before his arrival. There was no saving hardware with BB10 and the shift to BBAndroid should have been started in 2008-2009. By 2012-2013 BBAndroid would have been where it’s now just 5 years earlier. BB10 should have never happened.
    09-13-18 04:10 PM
    Fun fact about BlackBerry stock:

Attachment 440048

W Hoa already knows this but some of you aren't aware that an RSI below 30 or near that mark, has paid off well in the past couple of months for BB. If you had bought the dips each time someone like FaceBlog or FaceDah or FaceHaHa came along and dropped the stock price you could have enjoyed a bounce on that nonsense and made a fast 10% on your money each time. So follow the green highlighted line and buy it everytime for some good gains. You don't have to announce last years technology to make money on a safe bet like BlackBerry. Good luck.
    Hey Morgan quick newbie question . This rsi is based on what period ? 14 ? And how do I get the green line on my chart ? Thank you !
    morganplus8 likes this.
    09-13-18 04:57 PM
    Hey Morgan quick newbie question . This rsi is based on what period ? 14 ? And how do I get the green line on my chart ? Thank you !
    Thanks for the question!

You have it right, the RSI is developed based on the 14 day interval. When I'm in the office for the day and we have a live stock, for instance ER days, I watch much closer RSI levels like the 1 minute, 3, 5,15 min., etc.. It all depends on what you are looking to do with a trade. The default time line is 14 for our purposes here.

As for the green line, it is a combination of what you see, i.e. it is subjective in nature. I look at a historical time period (let's say 6-months) and try to find the clearest trend line there. So for BB, it occurs when we draw the line touching the tops or peaks in trading price. My upper blue line is the tops of the trade, and then, its a case of finding a pattern that is parallel with that line if possible. A channel is created from the turning points of higher highs and higher lows or the reverse.

The green line is the bottom on sell-offs where RSI is often equal to 30 or less. Once you find that exhaustion level you have a place to start a green line. Then you watch it to confirm its purpose and you are set to trade. This is the simple version of how it all comes together. Please note that not everyone agrees with the process but many do and that does cause some imperfections in the lines themselves as everyone is trying to trade slightly ahead of their peers.

Hope this helps!
    Corbu, FeitaInc, andyk350 and 5 others like this.
    09-13-18 06:34 PM

BlackBerry Mobile
    Published on Sep 13, 2018

A dedicated physical keyboard on a smartphone can seem daunting. It’s purpose-built for power users who want to unlock increased productivity and save time. Master your mobile messaging and have the confidence to get the job done wherever life takes you. Here’s how you master the intelligent keyboard on the BlackBerry KEY2.
    09-13-18 06:37 PM
    Thanks for the question!

You have it right, the RSI is developed based on the 14 day interval. When I'm in the office for the day and we have a live stock, for instance ER days, I watch much closer RSI levels like the 1 minute, 3, 5,15 min., etc.. It all depends on what you are looking to do with a trade. The default time line is 14 for our purposes here.

As for the green line, it is a combination of what you see, i.e. it is subjective in nature. I look at a historical time period (let's say 6-months) and try to find the clearest trend line there. So for BB, it occurs when we draw the line touching the tops or peaks in trading price. My upper blue line is the tops of the trade, and then, its a case of finding a pattern that is parallel with that line if possible. A channel is created from the turning points of higher highs and higher lows or the reverse.

The green line is the bottom on sell-offs where RSI is often equal to 30 or less. Once you find that exhaustion level you have a place to start a green line. Then you watch it to confirm its purpose and you are set to trade. This is the simple version of how it all comes together. Please note that not everyone agrees with the process but many do and that does cause some imperfections in the lines themselves as everyone is trying to trade slightly ahead of their peers.

Hope this helps!
    Thank you Morgan, learnt something new again today! =) .
    Corbu, FeitaInc, rarsen and 3 others like this.
    09-13-18 06:43 PM
    So you decided to add to it by insulting the mods instead of reporting it? Good plan. Maybe instead of complaining about the lack of moderation, you can take the time to help out by reporting posts that might be out of line in the future.
    It's about time! Lol!
    Corbu, rarsen, La Emperor and 2 others like this.
    09-13-18 07:52 PM
    Sorry, not going to waste anymore time.
    I think that should be this threads new mantra.

Well said Plasmid
    09-13-18 08:31 PM
    HW was dead before Chen got there and he was hired to close down hardware [SNIP] There was no saving hardware with BB10 and the shift to BBAndroid should have been started in 2008-2009. [SNIP] BB10 should have never happened.
    And yet, I still miss BB10. *sniff* A LOT. *sniff*
    rarsen, La Emperor, Hazo and 4 others like this.
    09-14-18 12:27 AM
    So when consumers were asking for high specs, slab phones, BlackBerry chose instead, John Chen in particular mentioned that customers don't know what they want and BlackBerry needs to decide what they want. Then staggering releases worldwide months apart, unfinished devices, QC issues, for few devices even showing he barely knew how to use it. One fail, fine, two fails, sure, fifty fails my patience gets tested, fail after fail since he came onboard, time to walk him out - oh wait I forgot can't even do that anymore with the new termination clause, not only does Watsa get paid out so does Chen, his entire package.

BOD has been the biggest problem, they all needed to be changed before Chen even came onboard.

This stock is dead money, any goodwill/interest from the market that could have helped with the rebound is gone. And we have a CEO who all but disappeared, instead he's busy golfing. One last point to consider, since he came onboard to date, BlackBerry never finished the buyback and zero insider buying so that itself shows even management has zero confidence in the company.

All this is now is a penny stock with a slightly higher market cap, chen's complete lack of focus on SP helped destroy hw and perception of the company, why he would have done this you'd ask - there was a ton of cash, he figured if he could stabilize SP an equity package could turn him into a billionaire. People on here praise Chen as if BlackBerry was that dire, I've seen plenty other companies that have turned around in much harsher conditions. BlackBerry was a goldmine, Chen blew up the entrance, started selling lemonade instead.
    Personally, I think we are a bit spoiled with this 'tech-spec race'. I was ok with each of the device specs, but then I run businesses, not play HD movies on them. My concern was OS fluidity and having a working browser; BlackBerry failed in those areas.
    A lot of what you mentioned about the device launches happen to all new innovations. The problem was that they didn't have the money to keep on top of the blunders. Fast forward to today, BlackBerry gave all this burden away, so problem should be solved for the most part.

Buyback has me confused too, but I think it chalks up more to my ignorance of accounting than to some shenanigan. If you were the billionaire rescuing a sinking ship would you do it differently? Prem took care of Prem et. al, so you can't really fault him.

Goodwill interest from the market you say?
    There isn't such a thing. Lots of the reason for SP volatility stems from those market manipulators that reside in the pit of hell!! (heh).

I am still making money here, but then again half of my position plays short trades....

Regarding sentiment, I see the opposite view of you here. Chen is S-L-O-W-L-Y bringing things into line. Also, his big pay comes when SP rises at staggered levels over years. We shouldn't see a problem with that.
    FeitaInc, morganplus8 and rarsen like this.
    09-14-18 10:27 AM
    HW was dead before Chen got there and he was hired to close down hardware while satisfying all components POs that were committed to before his arrival. There was no saving hardware with BB10 and the shift to BBAndroid should have been started in 2008-2009. By 2012-2013 BBAndroid would have been where it’s now just 5 years earlier. BB10 should have never happened.
    Oh man, Android in 2008/2009 was a huge pos!! Sorry to say so... DDD

Posted via CB10
    09-14-18 12:53 PM
    Oh man, Android in 2008/2009 was a huge pos!! Sorry to say so... DDD

Posted via CB10
    Sure it was though no different for BB10 in 2013 going into 2014. I’ll take a stable ecosystem over new and innovative every time.
    09-14-18 01:11 PM
    Any bankers out there still using BB10? Is it stable?
    09-14-18 01:22 PM
    Any bankers out there still using BB10? Is it stable?
    You’re kidding right?
    09-14-18 01:46 PM
    Not at all. All I see in my shop are Apple and other droids.
    09-14-18 01:49 PM
    Not at all. All I see in my shop are Apple and other droids.
    That’s my point. BB10 is missing critical apps and compatibility because of ART 4.3 limitations. If an organization limits staff to email, calls and texting on phones, you might still be able to use in such an organization.
    09-14-18 02:12 PM
    That’s my point. BB10 is missing critical apps and compatibility because of ART 4.3 limitations. If an organization limits staff to email, calls and texting on phones, you might still be able to use in such an organization.
    BlackBerry being BlackBerry passing off anyone who's even tied down to these devices. Many might make the point, sure BlackBerry can't be hacked, but this might simply be as a result of the limited adoption or interest of these devices. You don't hear about any hacker 'finding fee' anymore. BlackBerry is shear disappointment, and I think Chen let all the loyalists put him in an echochamber, he thinks he's winning because nobody seems to objective his poor performance.
    techvisor likes this.
    09-14-18 02:37 PM
    BlackBerry being BlackBerry passing off anyone who's even tied down to these devices. Many might make the point, sure BlackBerry can't be hacked, but this might simply be as a result of the limited adoption or interest of these devices. You don't hear about any hacker 'finding fee' anymore. BlackBerry is shear disappointment, and I think Chen let all the loyalists put him in an echochamber, he thinks he's winning because nobody seems to objective his poor performance.
    There’s nobody really using BB10 anymore to care. For that matter, there was really never anyone using BB10 to begin with... statistically.... hence the reason it was a giant failure.
    pdr733 likes this.
    09-14-18 03:34 PM
    https://www.prnewswire.com/news-rele...300713074.html
    BlackBerry to Announce Fiscal Year 2019 Second Quarter Results on September 28, 2018

WATERLOO, Ontario, Sept. 14, 2018 /PRNewswire/ -- BlackBerry Limited (NYSE :BB ;TSX :BB ) will report results for the second quarter of fiscal year 2019 at 8 a.m. ET on Friday, September 28, 2018. The conference can be accessed by dialing 866-393-4306 or live streamed on the company's website at http://ca.blackberry.com/company/investors/events.html.

A replay of the conference call will be available at approximately 11 a.m. ET on September 28, 2018by dialing 800-585-8367 and entering Conference ID #7069667 . It will also be available at the link above.
    09-14-18 05:03 PM
    Crooked Chen delivers no value to shareholders. If CEO Musk ran BlackBerry they'd build a new device and make Apple pay for it... or something like that, by the way some people talk here
    masterful likes this.
    09-14-18 09:14 PM
    https://techspective.net/2018/09/14/...-threat-storm/
    BlackBerry Massively Steps Up Security Efforts to Address Threat Storm
    By Rob Enderle
    09-14-18 09:25 PM
    I feel like a total dolt having to state what has been said a thousand times but still seems hard for some to intellectually embrace.

If folks continue to evaluate BB in terms of consumers devices, the perceptions of the company's current health will be distorted, despite that Chen continues to patiently explain that BB is no longer a device manufacturer and only licenses its software. Strangely, there is still a lingering perception that BB has some critical stake in the device game and is still betting the company's future on this sector.

BB today is a very different company than RIM and is participating in many markets which have only tangential links to cellular communications. Can we try to accept that phones are no longer the foundation of the company and all move on ?
    Corbu, morganplus8, Hazo and 2 others like this.
    09-15-18 10:12 AM
    I feel like a total dolt having to state what has been said a thousand times but still seems hard for some to intellectually embrace.

If folks continue to evaluate BB in terms of consumers devices, the perceptions of the company's current health will be distorted, despite that Chen continues to patiently explain that BB is no longer a device manufacturer and only licenses its software. Strangely, there is still a lingering perception that BB has some critical stake in the device game and is still betting the company's future on this sector.

BB today is a very different company than RIM and is participating in many markets which have only tangential links to cellular communications. Can we try to accept that phones are no longer the foundation of the company and all move on ?
    I know that I’ve accepted long ago but comments still get posted that deserve replies. The problem in only exasperated by the fact that BB continues to keep pinky toe in the edge of the line with BBAndroid licensing. This garners publicity with the idea there’s no such thing as bad publicity. Unfortunately, BB can’t have it both ways.
    09-15-18 11:30 AM
    rarsen and morganplus8 like this.
    09-15-18 12:01 PM
    September 28th will tell us if the pivot worked. The stock was punished after the last quarterly.
    09-15-18 09:20 PM
113,256 ... 42684269427042714272 ...