View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    You know what, muhlan?

As much as I welcome all opinions on any matter, if you were the only one on this board, I would stop using my precious time to try to enlighten others and share information.

So, if you want to do me and others a favor, go light on the personal comments and dig out some real solid information for us all to benefit from.

No one here has any time for any form of pontificating.
    Do you mean I am not allowed to post my personal opinion since I am not pro Chen? Did not know this was a North Corean message board
    techvisor likes this.
    08-15-18 08:34 AM
    Enough wasted time already. Sorry.
    08-15-18 08:35 AM
    Do you mean I am not allowed to post my personal opinion since I am not pro Chen? Did not know this was a North Corean message board
    The point is there weren’t any Pro-Chen type comments. Your information was interesting without the your personal commentary. It negates your contributions which then just sound like you’re disgruntled former employee.
    La Emperor, Corbu, rarsen and 2 others like this.
    08-15-18 09:17 AM
    Our chances would be quite high since then we would see real revenue growth instead of shrinking revenues every quarter since 2013. Since there is no real revenue growth, it seems BlackBerry so far did not a good job in assisting customers, but what to expect when the CEO is more concerned about cracking joke, talking about NAFTA and his big compensation package while sitting in California instead of Waterloo
    Ironically, your example of the ideal CEO, Elon Musk, with his enthusiastic tweets last week, has just earned himself and Tesla a formal SEC investigation.
    rarsen, La Emperor, Corbu and 2 others like this.
    08-15-18 09:49 AM
    Ironically, your example of the ideal CEO, Elon Musk, with his enthusiastic tweets last week, has just earned himself and Tesla a formal SEC investigation.
    Indeed. Plus this:
    https://electrek.co/2018/08/15/tesla...tors-divested/
    Tesla’s two biggest institutional investors significantly divested last quarter
    08-15-18 09:52 AM
    Halfway around the world, it seems like DANA payment system running on BBM is going full steam ahead.

Translation courtesy of Big G.

"Digital wallet service, DANA, presents a new program for its users.

This surprise was present while welcoming the 73rd anniversary of the Republic of Indonesia independence.

In this program, the digital wallet will distribute DANA Kaget vouchers with a total of IDR 17 billion for DANA users in the BBM application.

The voucher can be used again to share DANA Shocked to another theme in the BBM group.

For your information, DANA Kaget is a feature that allows DANA users to share balances with peers in their BBM group. The amount of funds and recipients can be determined by the user.."

https://www.liputan6.com/tekno/read/...e-pengguna-bbm
    08-15-18 12:51 PM
    I would seem to think that the upcoming Asian Games, would involve a number of countries. Emtek, BB's BBM licensee is the official broadcaster of the Games and is spreading contents thru BBM, etc.

Translate courtesy of Big G.

"Liputan6.com, Jakarta - 2018 Asian Games have been rolling since August 10, 2018. Emtek Group as Official Broadcaster has prepared various actual and interactive content that can be enjoyed by all Indonesian people.

Not only through Free to Air television broadcasts, but Emtek Group also presents 2018 Asian Games content through pay TV, super apps (BBM), live streaming, and interesting reviews from various Emtek Group dotcoms.

The opening of the new 2018 Asian Games will be held on August 18 2018. However, the escalation of the 2018 Asian Games program on SCTV and Indosiar continues to increase.

Starting August 1, 2018, Indosiar presents a series of programs such as the 2018 Asian Games Euphoria which airs three times a day at 10.00 WIB, 15.30 WIB, and 23.00 WIB.

While the live program "Focus of 2018 Asian Games" is present, complete the latest news every day from August 13-17 2018 at 11.00-11.30 WIB and after the opening of the 2018 Asian Games will be aired at 03.30 WIB, 04.30 WIB, 10.30 WIB.

Then proceed with the live broadcast "Gempita 2018 Asian Games" at 11.30-12.00 WIB and will air at 17.00-20.00 WIB after the opening ceremony.

https://www.liputan6.com/bola/read/3...ma-asian-games
    08-15-18 12:58 PM
    Personal opinions are fine. Personal attacks are not. I'll not comment on it again, I'll simply moderate where necessary.
    morganplus8, Corbu, rarsen and 5 others like this.
    08-15-18 05:15 PM
    08-15-18 10:24 PM
    BlackBerry Slams Class Cert. Bid In Stock-Drop Suit

https://www.law360.com/articles/1072...tock-drop-suit

Posted via CB10
    rarsen and morganplus8 like this.
    08-15-18 10:29 PM
    And he still achieved more for shareholders than John Chen
    techvisor likes this.
    08-16-18 01:36 AM
    Personal opinions are fine. Personal attacks are not. I'll not comment on it again, I'll simply moderate where necessary.
    So finally post a proof for these "personal attacks" you and others are accusing me constantly of.
    techvisor likes this.
    08-16-18 01:37 AM
    Nothing more to add:

https://seekingalpha.com/article/419...s-losing-faith

Without his buddy Watsa's protection, John Chen would have been fired already
    techvisor likes this.
    08-16-18 01:38 AM
    https://www.prnewswire.com/news-rele...300697663.html
    BlackBerry Again Recognized as a Leader in the 2018 IDC MarketScape EMM Report

08-16-18 06:35 AM
    08-16-18 06:41 AM
    Nothing more to add:

https://seekingalpha.com/article/419...s-losing-faith

Without his buddy Watsa's protection, John Chen would have been fired already
    You did read M8's response last time, right?

The last sentence is pure conjecture.
    morganplus8 and Greened like this.
    08-16-18 08:34 AM
    You did read M8's response last time, right?

The last sentence is pure conjecture.
    I do not know what you want to say. Fact is that institutional investors sold big time and surely not to lock in profits since there are no real profits to lock in. They just got stuck with BB and are fed up with John Chen playing his ignorant and arrogant CEO role without any meaningful results while demanding payment like sucessful CEOs from Silicon Valley
    techvisor likes this.
    08-16-18 08:43 AM
    General article on phone replacement cycles:

Do we really need a new iPhone every year?
    https://www.zdnet.com/article/do-we-...24037827013043
    But do consumers really want yearly refreshes, or is it now just a way for tech companies to remain in the public eye, and squeeze every last dollar from buyers?
    The upgrade cycle these days hovers around the three-year mark. Yes, the average user holds on to their smartphone for that long (maybe even longer). Then, there's the used market, and the way that old smartphones that are handed down the line to family members and friends.
    A $2,000 iPhone: It's coming. It's inevitable
    https://www.zdnet.com/article/a-2000...ts-inevitable/
    morganplus8 likes this.
    08-16-18 08:54 AM
    Fact is that institutional investors sold big time and surely not to lock in profits since there are no real profits to lock in.
    Unclear to me how you knew that. My 14yo son also sold "big time" when BB was above $12 USD to lock in profits (he bought at about $6.50). And then he bought back again when it was below $10. So, are you saying that "there are no real profits" to be had by the institutional investors, but nearly 100% profit was made by my 14yo son who was too young to open a trading account?
    Last edited by plasmid_boy; 08-16-18 at 10:07 AM.
    08-16-18 08:55 AM
    just to repeat what M8 wrote:

Why did institutions sell shares in the 2nd quarter? Because it hit $ 14.50/shr/US that's why!!!! With a huge gain like that, you will see some selling, so difficult to understand by some. There is nothing in this article worth reading, it is a sad demonstration of what we hear of these days coming from those who don't even own the stock or lie about anything to do with it. It is a sad commentary on our societies inability to move onto something more constructive and/or positive in their lives.
    ... institutional investors sold big time and surely not to lock in profits since there are no real profits to lock in.
    Sorry, but you can't have it both ways muhlan. The same drop in SP that in one second appears to have you riled up can't in the next second not be a potential for meaningful profit if somebody sold near the peak. you can't have your cake and eat it too.

the conjecture part was the following:

They just got stuck with BB and are fed up with John Chen playing his ignorant and arrogant CEO role without any meaningful results while demanding payment like sucessful CEOs from Silicon Valley.
    that is your reading of the tea leaves.
    Last edited by FeitaInc; 08-16-18 at 05:12 PM.
    08-16-18 09:01 AM
    For general information, our international organization IEC (some 20,000 experts) with HQ in Geneva, Switzwerland is replacing GoToMeetings tool with ZOOM Meetings. You may remember ZOOM as the former BBM Video, which will permit me to further reference the BlackBerry name.
    We use Zoom and Slack together.... don't know of any BlackBerry relationship with Zoom.

I understood is was something that some engineers from Cisco started. Are you saying it use to be a BlackBerry product or that BlackBerry has something to do with it now? If so that would be great as Slack is a key business tool these day.... and that will probable make Zoom a major product.

I just don't see how Zoom and BlackBerry are related... other than as competitors.
    08-16-18 09:20 AM
    We use Zoom and Slack together.... don't know of any BlackBerry relationship with Zoom.

I understood is was something that some engineers from Cisco started. Are you saying it use to be a BlackBerry product or that BlackBerry has something to do with it now? If so that would be great as Slack is a key business tool these day.... and that will probable make Zoom a major product.

I just don't see how Zoom and BlackBerry are related... other than as competitors.
    https://utbblogs.com/bbm-meetings-powered-by-zoom/
    rarsen likes this.
    08-16-18 09:32 AM
    I see, BlackBerry once used their services... kinda a Six Degrees of Kevin Bacon situation. Really has nothing to do with BlackBerry.
    08-16-18 09:36 AM
    Thanks rytwjyx for the reference, information also available on https://crackberry.com/blackberry-wi...ce-feb-10-2016

Would need to go back in old files, to get documentation on exact implication of BB with ZOOM. Being an important product offering at that time, we would not be surprised of mutual technical exchanges between them. Cheers for technology.
    08-16-18 09:46 AM
    This was during the time when BlackBerry used to develop everything from scratch and wasted billions, and when John Chen came in he advocated for licensing products that already existed on the market. To come to think of it this made 100% sense especially for the situation the company was in at the time, and is very startup thinking - you only have a finite amount of resources, they should be put on what matter the most (core enterprise products) instead of things that may or may not make money.
    rarsen, La Emperor, W Hoa and 4 others like this.
    08-16-18 09:47 AM
113,256 ... 42564257425842594260 ...