View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Nice pop up 4‰ today, any idea what's driving it up?
    I was just gonna post the same thing....not complaining, just curious... I couldn't find anything announcement related.
    05-09-18 05:43 PM
    Could it perhaps be related to Avaya reporting earnings tomorrow?

We already know there will most probably be some money coming in but I would not hold my hopes up too high.
    rarsen and morganplus8 like this.
    05-09-18 06:10 PM
    My conspiracy theory is that Morgan is buying all the shares just to win the bet. Lol
    05-09-18 07:59 PM
    Hey! Everyone get their hands out of the popcorn bucket and say something.

Nice run up(!)
    rarsen, Corbu, morganplus8 and 1 others like this.
    05-10-18 10:02 AM
    This is just the Preview right! Feature film to start soon.
    rarsen, Corbu, morganplus8 and 2 others like this.
    05-10-18 10:34 AM
  6. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar

Nice run up(!)
    Ok..been adding to my bbry position last few days ...

Posted via CB10
    rarsen, Corbu, morganplus8 and 1 others like this.
    05-10-18 10:40 AM

Nice run up(!)
    Really? Come on!! You're probably going to come back here when it hits $ 12.00 and later screaming at us when it hits $ 13.25!!!

I bet you wear a cheerleaders skirt too! "Look at me, I'm making big money investing in BlackBerry ....... !! Really? Next time tell the rest of us when you're buying so we can make some money too.

That's my rant for today ................
    05-10-18 11:35 AM
    This is just the Preview right! Feature film to start soon.
    No, not yet. We still have a few ads coming up. Some roasted bears and burned shorts themed commercials. I see Khan brothers in their seats now. Just waiting for a few more institutionals filling the few empty seats and we're on our way. :-)
    05-10-18 12:54 PM
    Really? Come on!! You're probably going to come back here when it hits $ 12.00 and later screaming at us when it hits $ 13.25!!!

I bet you wear a cheerleaders skirt too! "Look at me, I'm making big money investing in BlackBerry ....... !! Really? Next time tell the rest of us when you're buying so we can make some money too.

That's my rant for today ................
    Man, I wish it were so.
    I won't bore everyone with details, but actually, I am in damage correction mode due to a jackass at TD that sold my last postion at 13:13. Problem is that I bought at 15:49!! It was a ton of stock too, so I doubled-down at the bottom, and am still under water. There was some discrepancy with 'funds available' and I was aparently partially leveraged on margin(?). They didn't give me enough time to make a simple transfer because I was away on the Easter long weekend!!

Pay attention fellas, lest that happens to anyone else.

PS - i much prefer a Sarong over a skirt, as skirts are too revealing (enough said).
    When I am in Hawaii for vacation, I go for the pāʻū.
    05-10-18 01:14 PM
    Man, I wish it were so.
    I won't bore everyone with details, but actually, I am in damage correction mode due to a jackass at TD that sold my last postion at 13:13. Problem is that I bought at 15:49!! It was a ton of stock too, so I doubled-down at the bottom, and am still under water. There was some discrepancy with 'funds available' and I was aparently partially leveraged on margin(?). They didn't give me enough time to make a simple transfer because I was away on the Easter long weekend!!

Pay attention fellas, lest that happens to anyone else.

PS - i much prefer a Sarong over a skirt, as skirts are too revealing (enough said).
    When I am in Hawaii for vacation, I go for the pāʻū.
    Sorry to hear that. If I read your statement correctly, you need about $ 2.35/shr to get back to even? What target do you need? That sucks for sure.

I'm looking for the stock to get to $ 12.40 - $ 12.60/shr/US in the short-term. We blew through the 200-dma and then the 50-dma with ease. There is some overhead at $ 2.50/shr but most of those holders have likely covered. Let us know when you are celebrating a profit man!

As for the Sarong thing, I don't want to know about that right now thanks.
    05-10-18 01:23 PM
    https://crackberry.com/upcoming-bbm-...m-desktop-beta
    Upcoming BBM update will officially introduce BBM Desktop in beta!

05-10-18 03:12 PM
    It is, so I decided finally to start shorting BlackBerry shares given how arrogant and ignorant John Chen is behaving as CEO and how many blind followers/ admirers he still has no matter how much damage he causes to shareholders.

I learned that there is no free lunch, but that is not true: shorting BlackBerry shares is free lunch.
    How's the short working out from early April after the last pullback? At least it serves as a nice cautionary tale about chasing returns. While I'm not as brave as Morgan to jump in an out fearing a huge unexpected positive move, staying put is at least a better strategy than complaining about Chen all the way down, selling close to the recent bottom, then clamouring about how shorting it is the only profitable move before watching it jump 20%.

In other news, anyone know what's going up with EYPT? Guess since it's off 20% today, and 30% from its recent highs, Muhlan would recommend it as a strong short?
    05-10-18 03:23 PM
    We're nearing the (daily chart) RSI=70 moment. I'm seeing a caution flag. Cheers
    morganplus8 and La Emperor like this.
    05-10-18 03:31 PM
    JC on Bloomberg TV at 5 PM.
    05-10-18 03:53 PM
    For those BlackBerry investors who weren't able to watch John Chen on Bloomberg with Emily Chang here is a very brief summary of his comments.

1 ) BlackBerry continues to invest in their driverless car technology
    2) John Chen believes that the automotive and technology industry needs to develop and self regulate their technology and safety standards and than proceed to work with government agencies for minimum standards

3) He continues to believe that the widespread adoption of driverless cars will not be in year 2020, 2021 as a lot speculate. He favors an approach where if additional time is needed in order to make sure safety, security and machine learning is required, than take it. He does not believe that a stop gap solution to just getting some aspect of driverless tech onto the market is desirable, he feels that the tech needs to be ready and minimize the amount of human driver interaction occurs. Most road fatalities are human error and the hope is that tech will reduce those deaths significantly, perhaps 50% or so.

4) When asked by Bloomberg to provide an update on the lawsuits for Facebook, Snap etc for patent infringement, he commented that no update he can provide and that these lawsuits take a long time to resolve.

Happy investing and go Blackberry go!

Posted via CB10
    05-10-18 04:28 PM
    Sorry to hear that. If I read your statement correctly, you need about $ 2.35/shr to get back to even? What target do you need? That sucks for sure...
    Well, I only play TSX so I bought @ 15.49. This pop may not last, as you know much better than I.

Having my bollocks fully out right now is a tad breezy for me, but I may ride this back to 15.70ish before shedding some.

BTW - Glad to hear that you and a couple others have somewhat adopted ACB. I think it's a good one to ride into the legalization. A friend told me that in the 'healthy stoner community' Aurora should pull ahead when others find out that the weed is aparently grown with pristine mountain water. Let's see what goes down...

Also, I was just thinking how great it is to hide away from the Status Quo and join up time to time for a chat with some like minded BlackBerry enthusiasts. Seems to be getting more and more rare.

Congrats gang. A virtual Cohiba cigar to you all!
    05-10-18 07:35 PM
    https://www.bloomberg.com/news/video...ccidents-video

BlackBerry CEO Says Self-Driving Cars Will Reduce Accidents
    Bloomberg Technology
    May 10th, 2018, 5:53 PM EDT

BlackBerry is in the midst of its second act, moving away from hardware and into software. A big part of its future is now in automotive tech. John Chen, BlackBerry's chief executive officer, discusses the company's position in car tech and why he thinks new safety discussions around self-driving cars is irrational. (Source: Bloomberg)
    morganplus8, La Emperor and W Hoa like this.
    05-10-18 08:20 PM
    BTW - Glad to hear that you and a couple others have somewhat adopted ACB. I think it's a good one to ride into the legalization. A friend told me that in the 'healthy stoner community' Aurora should pull ahead when others find out that the weed is aparently grown with pristine mountain water. Let's see what goes down...
    If the weed is grown with some premium Canadian beer, it would taste a lot better. Lol
    05-10-18 08:25 PM
    How's the short working out from early April after the last pullback? At least it serves as a nice cautionary tale about chasing returns. While I'm not as brave as Morgan to jump in an out fearing a huge unexpected positive move, staying put is at least a better strategy than complaining about Chen all the way down, selling close to the recent bottom, then clamouring about how shorting it is the only profitable move before watching it jump 20%.

In other news, anyone know what's going up with EYPT? Guess since it's off 20% today, and 30% from its recent highs, Muhlan would recommend it as a strong short?
    After being a shareholder since 2013 with John Chen a CEO I learned one thing: no matter how nice a run up might look like, it will always be killed by John Chen talking BS. So I keep shorting all the way up to 13$ since the stock never manages to sustain a run up and instead drops hard back down every time. I am sure at least in June after John Chen will ruin the next ER we are back at 10$ again.
    05-10-18 11:43 PM
    From another site:

Here’s everything we know about the Blackberry KeyTwo - Breaking News & Weather - Birmingham and Central AL - WBRC FOX6 News - Birmingham, AL
    "With this being 2018, we fully expect that the phone will launch with Android 8.0 Oreo, but it’s possible that the KeyTwo could launch with Android 7.0 Nougat and a promise of updates. The next Blackberry flagship will be called the Blackberry KeyTwo. Since the upcoming phone takes a lot of design cues from last year’s KeyOne, the name makes sense."
    morganplus8 and La Emperor like this.
    05-11-18 06:11 AM
    Well, I only play TSX so I bought @ 15.49. This pop may not last, as you know much better than I.

Having my bollocks fully out right now is a tad breezy for me, but I may ride this back to 15.70ish before shedding some.

Also, I was just thinking how great it is to hide away from the Status Quo and join up time to time for a chat with some like minded BlackBerry enthusiasts. Seems to be getting more and more rare.

Congrats gang. A virtual Cohiba cigar to you all!
    I think you have some upside in the stock. The broader market looks good for the first time in months and BB crashed its 200-dma and its 50-dma without pausing at either of them. The normal course for the stock is to drop back and test its 50-dma at $ 11.48/shr/US and then it clear sailing to around $ 12.50/shr which translates into $ 16.00/cdn.

As for ACB, I needed to get some distance away from its high flying levels in stock price so I made one trade while it was on a run. Now I have a cushion while owning it just below these levels so I feel good about the investment. The trade goes against my "debt free" requirement for sure but I see this one as the next Amazon. The Nasdaq listing alone should drag the stock price higher and once the air clears, there aren't many ways to play the pot sector so this one will be in the mix for worldwide ownership. They have a nice problem, and that is capacity, the demand is huge but the supply is not even close. I see that balancing out towards the end of this year. In short, it looks like a decent trade for me now.

Good luck but I don't think you'll need it this time as BB is on a run on no news too. The best part of coming to this thread is seeing others making some money, whether its in BB or something else. Making gains in "other" investments allows us to own more BB in the end. When you are making money in BB, you can afford to trade it more and take profits like W Hoa suggests, when it hits TA milestones like it RSI.

That cigar idea sounds good and I have some kicking around too! Peace.
    05-11-18 10:46 AM
    for some strange reason the water circulation pump on our Volvo penta decided to start leaking on the second trip of the season. so while wait for the motor to cool down, I kind of have to decide if I want to change the lip seal at anchor or drive home at the minimum speed. right now I'm glad I bought an extra set of spares and keep most of the tools I need in the boat. the logical thing is to drive home, but it is better for the engine if I fix it here. what to decide..?
    what better way to pass that time than to stop by here.
    EYPT is very volatile which I guess makes sense in a way, but can't really explain why.
    05-11-18 10:55 AM
  23. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    I think you have some upside in the stock. The broader market looks good for the first time in months and BB crashed its 200-dma and its 50-dma without pausing at either of them. The normal course for the stock is to drop back and test its 50-dma at $ 11.48/shr/US and then it clear sailing to around $ 12.50/shr which translates into $ 16.00/cdn.

As for ACB, I needed to get some distance away from its high flying levels in stock price so I made one trade while it was on a run. Now I have a cushion while owning it just below these levels so I feel good about the investment. The trade goes against my "debt free" requirement for sure but I see this one as the next Amazon. The Nasdaq listing alone should drag the stock price higher and once the air clears, there aren't many ways to play the pot sector so this one will be in the mix for worldwide ownership. They have a nice problem, and that is capacity, the demand is huge but the supply is not even close. I see that balancing out towards the end of this year. In short, it looks like a decent trade for me now.

Good luck but I don't think you'll need it this time as BB is on a run on no news too. The best part of coming to this thread is seeing others making some money, whether its in BB or something else. Making gains in "other" investments allows us to own more BB in the end. When you are making money in BB, you can afford to trade it more and take profits like W Hoa suggests, when it hits TA milestones like it RSI.

That cigar idea sounds good and I have some kicking around too! Peace.
    I can only speak for myself but your input here has definitely helped significantly with me making better decisions and winning with some of your suggestions... helping offset the ten plus years with bbry lol... I think I speak for many here that you, more than any other contributor, have brought a lot of "successful decisionmaking" , outside of our interest in BlackBerry. Cheers and many, many thanks!! ...bpd.

Posted via CB10
    05-11-18 11:05 AM
    for some strange reason the water circulation pump on our Volvo penta decided to start leaking on the second trip of the season. so while wait for the motor to cool down, I kind of have to decide if I want to change the lip seal at anchor or drive home at the minimum speed. right now I'm glad I bought an extra set of spares and keep most of the tools I need in the boat. the logical thing is to drive home, but it is better for the engine if I fix it here. what to decide..?
    EYPT is very volatile which I guess makes sense in a way, but can't really explain why.
    That suck's for sure, but I would just fix it at anchor since you have the parts and tools. Far less frustrating than chugging along at just a few knots all the while monitoring and stressing about the engine temp and risking other potential damage to harder to reach seals.

As for EYPT, they're trying to get approval to grant options and dilution at almost half the sp of a couple of days ago.

But.... SPHS has woken up a bit in the last couple of hours so that's helping offset the decline. Lol
    La Emperor, rarsen, Corbu and 2 others like this.
    05-11-18 12:44 PM
    It pays to carry the right tools and some instant gasket! Hope you made it to the dock okay.

As for EYPT, it had a huge pop, after their ER its apparent that we merely have to wait it out to get to some excellent revenues etc., but if you owned more than 2 - 3 MM shares, you might want to sell some of them and take the "average price of the stock". If they start selling at $ 2.60/shr and take it down to $ 1.80/shr their average is still very good. You are seeing that kind of selling now. It will pop as soon as that pressure comes off the stock.
    cjcampbell likes this.
    05-11-18 12:58 PM
113,256 ... 42154216421742184219 ...