View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    I would like to see a .75 cent gain on BB tomorrow.
    This is worth a re-post , because what i want never happens! lol
    Corbu likes this.
    12-21-17 05:11 PM
    Thanks Superfly! I like the previous posters' sentiment. This forum you created is truly a gift. Thank you and best wishes to you and your family for 2018.

Sent from my Awesome Z30
    Corbu, rarsen, Superfly_FR and 1 others like this.
    12-21-17 08:46 PM
    Don't be a stranger, Superfly_FR! We wouldn't be here if it were not for you.

Joyeux Noël et bonne année!
    12-21-17 09:56 PM
    Thanks Corbu I'll be there; can't be "do or die "
    rarsen, Corbu, morganplus8 and 2 others like this.
    12-22-17 01:36 AM
    From J Gold Associates:

Autonomous vehicles is a great expansion point for BlackBerry as it already has
    relationships with many auto manufactures, like Ford where QNX displaced
    Microsoft technology, Audi, etc. And it has relationships with the primary compute
    platform vendors, running on both Intel x86 and ARM based architectures (e.g.
    Harmon). But in the next 2-3 years, we expect BlackBerry to extend well beyond its
    current focus in auto to other safety conscious markets. Indeed, we expect similar
    security concerns to lead BlackBerry into markets such as large machines/tools,
    aerospace, medical equipment, and delivery/transportation (where it’s already
    established a foot hold with its radar products). When complex systems fail in these
    markets, it not only causes inconvenience, but can cause property and human
    casualties and/or major economic loss. In such cases, security capability morphs
    into a safety capability where failures are not an option.

The above is not to say that BlackBerry is moving away from its focus on systems
    management. Indeed, BlackBerry has a strong play currently in EMM, and will
    continue to do so, as it moves into the world of the Enterprise of Things (EoT). This
    is a major opportunity as EoT must also have managed systems that can be safely
    operated and easily upgraded. In fact, the lessons learned in mobile EMM will serve
    BlackBerry well as it extends its reach into mission critical markets where an ability
    to secure, manage and control is paramount.

Bottom Line: Now that it’s stabilized its markets and begun to create profits again,
    Blackberry is in a prime position to take advantage of its pivot from device maker, to
    a security and safety company. We expect to see Blackberry expand into many
    vertical markets over the next 2-3 years, and to see it become a dominant player in
    the Enterprise of Things (EoT) world. Companies that still think of BlackBerry as a
    vendor of devices should seriously look at the new BlackBerry as a purveyor of
    safety and security in the world of EoT that will affect nearly every enterprise over
    the next few years

PDF file:

http://www.jgoldassociates.com/Techn...f_Dec_2017.pdf

Web site:

J.Gold Associates Technology Brief Research Reports
    12-22-17 08:22 AM
    OT Security

Nissan Canada has revealed that personal information of customers that used its financing services may have been compromised in a possible data breach.

The automaker was made aware of “unauthorized access to personal information” that occurred on December 11, reportedly targeting those that have financed a car through Nissan Canada Finance and Infiniti Financial Services Canada.

A statement released by Nissan says that the unauthorized access could have impacted information including customer names, addresses, vehicle make and model, vehicle identification number, credit score, loan amount, and monthly payment.

Nissan doesn’t yet know how many of its 1.13 million finance customers could have been affected but says it is notifying all customers
    Corbu, morganplus8, rarsen and 2 others like this.
    12-22-17 09:42 AM
    Interesting musings on StockTwits regarding Certicom and it's patents related to block chain technology and bit coin encryption. Anyone have any thoughts on how that may play into BlackBerry 's future? Embedded into BBM?

Sent from my Awesome Z30
    rarsen likes this.
    12-22-17 12:48 PM
    Well whoever would be a potential buyer (CDN Gov't would knock many out of the line), would have to either use, or spin off separately all the arms of this new BlackBerry-octopus-beast.
    Name one other company with so many new directions in launch?? When I think of WHAT BlackBerry is today, it makes my grey matter twitch.
    I thought for a bit about Tesla, because they could use much of what is on the offering plate and Radar would benefit Tesla's new monster tractor rig that is in the works. I do wonder what Chen is really thinking though.
    I'll bet a box of Maple-glazed doughnuts that he glances this thread from time to time. Perhaps user 'BLACKBerry-OPs123' will appear around here one of these days just to drop a few clues(?)

Anyway, too much Egg-Nog too early for me guys. The sugar rush has my mind racing.
    Peace-out.

PS - Hey fellas. To make it official, now that Nasdaq has been fired, should the mods scratch BBRY-Cafe in lieu of 'BB-Cafe...'?
    Perhaps rename it to --->The flying B's
    Thanks for getting back. Yes, I agree with the Canadian govt stuff and that rules out alot of potentials.

I definitely want to see them kept mostly whole if it ever happens. So that doesn't leave a lot of companies to buy them.

The only nice thing with having potential buyers is to get the stock price up and keep it up.

But in the meantime, BB is looking pretty damn good on their own merits.
    12-22-17 12:55 PM
    Caveat emptor:
    https://seekingalpha.com/article/413...nse-deal-avaya
    BlackBerry May Have Signed A Patent License Deal With Avaya
    12-22-17 03:42 PM
    Caveat emptor:
    https://seekingalpha.com/article/413...nse-deal-avaya
    BlackBerry May Have Signed A Patent License Deal With Avaya
    Unfortunately Jabber and other soft phones are taking over from Avaya
    12-22-17 04:53 PM
    Unfortunately Jabber and other soft phones are taking over from Avaya
    Who cares as long as BlackBerry gets its money?

Posted via CB10
    Bacon Munchers likes this.
    12-22-17 11:57 PM
    Fully aware that there are lots of volatility in degree of analysis quality (pun intended) as talent is not equally distributed coming out of SA, though it is pleasant to see progressively turning to more balanced and positive views from increasing sources:

BlackBerry's Businesses Look Poised To Surge
    https://seekingalpha.com/article/413...k-poised-surge
    BlackBerry's (BB) third quarter results show that its cybersecurity business is growing by leaps and bounds, while its auto business is surging and its Radar business is showing signs of becoming a meaningful growth catalyst. It should become clear to everyone that BlackBerry has become a world-class IT company and its stock price should be at least $25.
    12-23-17 05:10 PM
    Merry Christmas to you all!

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-holiday3.jpg
    kadakn01, W Hoa, rarsen and 4 others like this.
    12-24-17 12:45 PM
    And to you Corbu!

Sent from my Awesome Z30
    Corbu, morganplus8, rarsen and 1 others like this.
    12-24-17 08:15 PM
    Merry Christmas to you Corbu and many thanks!

Merry Christmas to everyone and it surely does feel like Christmas in southern Ontario.
    12-24-17 08:42 PM
    Wishing everyone here a Merry Christmas, and a safe and happy New Year!
    morganplus8, rarsen, Corbu and 1 others like this.
    12-24-17 09:17 PM
    https://www.theguardian.com/technolo...nd-to-software
    Green shoots at BlackBerry? Fallen phone giant turns its hand to software

rarsen, Greened and morganplus8 like this.
    12-25-17 07:23 AM
    John Chen said he has never read a positive view of BlackBerry from the Globe and Mail since he bacame CEO. Well, here's a Christmas present John from the G&M Stars and Dogs column:

BlackBerry (STAR)

BLACKBERRY LIMITED 14.74+0.79 (5.66%)

Your BlackBerry device may have gone to smartphone heaven long ago. But BlackBerry the company isn't dead yet – far from it, based on its third-quarter results. The shares surged to a 52-week high after the company – which has refocused its business on software and services – reported an unexpected adjusted net profit and posted revenue above estimates. With BlackBerry winning business from automotive suppliers, in particular, the stock's back in the fast lane.
    12-25-17 11:44 AM
    John Chen said he has never read a positive view of BlackBerry from the Globe and Mail since he bacame CEO. Well, here's a Christmas present John from the G&M Stars and Dogs column:

BlackBerry (STAR)

BLACKBERRY LIMITED 14.74+0.79 (5.66%)

Your BlackBerry device may have gone to smartphone heaven long ago. But BlackBerry the company isn't dead yet – far from it, based on its third-quarter results. The shares surged to a 52-week high after the company – which has refocused its business on software and services – reported an unexpected adjusted net profit and posted revenue above estimates. With BlackBerry winning business from automotive suppliers, in particular, the stock's back in the fast lane.
    Lol

Still not a positive review, but stating the facts after the ER. I have never spend a penny on Global and Mail since inception and will never. Rather read from my favored JC basher then an article from them.

Cheers mates!
    Last edited by bbjdog; 12-25-17 at 02:29 PM.
    rarsen, Corbu and morganplus8 like this.
    12-25-17 02:18 PM
    Has anyone heard of Whats app and are they secure????? LOL

Bye bye Whats app!!

https://www.engadget.com/2017/12/27/...e-by-new-year/
    Last edited by bbjdog; 12-27-17 at 07:19 PM.
    Corbu and morganplus8 like this.
    12-27-17 06:54 PM
    Any ideas what the new product to be announced at CES 2018 will be?
    12-28-17 06:11 AM
    OT opinion article for this slower period of the year :

Opinion: Heed Warren Buffett’s warning: bitcoin is pure FOMO
    https://www.marketwatch.com/story/he...um=MARKETWATCH
    12-28-17 09:43 AM
    Hi everyone! It was especially nice to hear from Superfly this holiday! I guess its time to look at BB again so here is a chart:

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-bb-chart-dec-28-2017.png

On the 3-minute chart we can see the end is here for 2017 related position squaring. We sold off on Tuesday and Wednesday leaving us with today to sell stock on a cash "only basis" in order to record any further 2017 sales. To confirm that the selling pressure the past couple of days was mainly position squaring; we popped well out of the downtrend channel formed this week and we are currently staying out of that negative trading pattern as I post. From here we should find support and move higher on far less volume going forward. This is an excellent time of the year for BB to rally.

We should remember that John Chen sold 1.8 million shares one dollar below this price 3 weeks ago. So we aren't doing too bad at these levels.

Everything looks good for a rally, we know that John is introducing a new product on January 15th so that might be all that is needed to send us higher here. In addition, our average 12-month price target is likely to be in the $ 11.30/shr range today so that should be our new base as long as John Chen doesn't sell another 1.8 million shares. The usual thanks goes out to those who are taking time away from their family to post new info to this thread, thanks for that! Let's work our way to $ 12.00/shr now. GL
    he_x3, KuroKei, Corbu and 14 others like this.
    12-28-17 11:49 AM
    A reminder of some things to look forward to in January:

https://blackberry.qnx.com/en/ces-2018
    BlackBerry QNX at CES 2018

DENSO and BlackBerry Partner to Develop World's First Integrated Automobile HMI Platform

DENSO and BlackBerry will have booths at the Consumer Electronics Show (CES) in Las Vegas held from January 9 - 12, 2018. The companies' integrated HMI platform will be displayed in DENSO's booth located at 1917, North Hall.

https://naias.com/press/news/blackbe...-automobili-d/

The North American International Auto Show (NAIAS) announced today that BlackBerry Executive Chairman & CEO, John Chen, will deliver a keynote at AutoMobili-D. Chen will deliver his company’s announcement at 2:10 – 3:05 p.m. ET, Monday January 15, in Cobo Center’s Atrium.
    Last edited by Corbu; 12-29-17 at 08:44 AM.
    12-29-17 07:51 AM
    Corbu you have been such a great contributor to this thread that I thought I would give you the rest of the year off! Actually every great poster can have the year off!

Cheers mates
    alludba, Corbu, rarsen and 3 others like this.
    12-29-17 05:03 PM
113,250 ... 41804181418241834184 ...