View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1110. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

694 62.52%
  • No

416 37.48%
    trying to connect dots here, Uber was hacked a year ago and kept quiet. Uber was using Twilio before and then switched in house or BlackBerry possibly since. Twilio's share price has dropped significantly since security flaw exposed this month. I am speculating BlackBerry is gaining messaging market share now.
    11-21-17 04:26 PM
    Wow, Uber pays the hackers to delete the bites they have! Is there a lawsuit coming? I am happy that I don't use Uber.
    morganplus8, rarsen and Corbu like this.
    11-21-17 05:16 PM
    trying to connect dots here, Uber was hacked a year ago and kept quiet. Uber was using Twilio before and then switched in house or BlackBerry possibly since. Twilio's share price has dropped significantly since security flaw exposed this month. I am speculating BlackBerry is gaining messaging market share now.
    Are you referring to this :

https://www.google.ca/amp/s/nypost.c...re-hacked/amp/
    bbjdog, rarsen, Corbu and 1 others like this.
    11-21-17 05:24 PM
    I truly hope Lyft is paying attention!
    Corbu likes this.
    11-21-17 05:35 PM
    Yes, quite right!
    Corbu and rarsen like this.
    11-21-17 06:31 PM
    https://m.gsmarena.com/alleged_black...news-28359.php
    Alleged BlackBerry KEYone successor appears on GeekBench

11-21-17 08:07 PM
    Long term recurring revenue on the horizon?

BlackBerry’s seven recommendations for a more secure smart car

According to BlackBerry, however, the real challenge is securing the supply chain manufacturing these smart vehicles. With so many actors in the supply chain space individually contributing hardware or software, there is a higher risk of one of them accidentally introducing something harmful or not fully securing a part, which could result in the entire vehicle being compromised...

....How do you keep them safe and how do you make sure critical pieces aren’t affected even if some of the others go down? And how do you protect them over 10-12 years? Security needs to be maintained for the entire life of the car, this isn’t a one-stop fix.”
    https://www.itworldcanada.com/articl...art-car/399130
    Corbu, sidhuk, morganplus8 and 3 others like this.
    11-22-17 07:31 AM
    Porsche Dealers To Begin Using Smart Glasses To Speed Up Vehicle Repairs

Following a successful pilot program at eight dealerships, Porsche will begin using lightweight smart glasses at dealerships in Canada and the United States.

The smart glasses offer more than just a video conferencing capability as Porsche also notes they can be used to take screenshots and display service information - such as technical bulletins or instructions - on the projection surface of the glasses.

The glasses will be used at dealerships beginning next year and Porsche Cars North America CEO Klaus Zellmer said "Tech Live Look allows us to be more efficient and helps get vehicles back in the hands of our customers faster, all while still delivering exceptional service quality."
    Porsche will us Air Enterprise but there is a tie in with Vuzix which is partnered with BlackBerry

• Vuzix M300 support – AiR Enterprise now supports the popular M300 smart glasses from Vuzix, giving AiR Enterprise users even greater hardware choices to find the best possible device for their individual use cases
    Last edited by W Hoa; 11-22-17 at 09:56 AM.
    Corbu, morganplus8, rarsen and 4 others like this.
    11-22-17 09:41 AM
    NYSE:
    Thursday, November 23 Thanksgiving Day Closed
    sidhuk, bbjdog and rarsen like this.
    11-22-17 08:27 PM
    https://mobileidworld.com/aimbrain-a...tplace-011233/
    AimBrain Authenticator Comes to BlackBerry Marketplace

bbjdog, rarsen and morganplus8 like this.
    11-23-17 09:46 PM
    Pretty cool, imo:
    https://crackberry.com/blackberry-co...4O8geeCvBcG.97
    The 'BlackBerry Concept' is a concept BlackBerry design that looks amazing!

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares]-01dbf559112125.5a158eb5f01da.jpg
    bbjdog and rarsen like this.
    11-24-17 03:26 PM
    Anyone recall a post that I posted about Blackberry should build the MJ11? Well it looks like other's are trying to build it!

Apple might be working on an iPhone like Samsung’s foldable Galaxy X – BGR
    Corbu and morganplus8 like this.
    11-24-17 04:22 PM
    I'd buy that! Very cool.

Sent from my Awesome Z30
    Corbu, bbjdog and dalinxz like this.
    11-25-17 02:21 AM
    11-26-17 08:46 PM
    Q&A: The benefits of ‘intelligent trailers’ for fleets

Making trailers ‘smarter’ via telematics can improve cargo security and food safety during transport, according to Blackberry Radar.

The benefits of intelligent trailers to fleets | Fleet Owner
    11-27-17 07:13 AM
    Fast Future | Inside BlackBerry
    John Chen

BlackBerry is proud of its heritage, proudly Canadian, and honored to be inducted into Canada’s Technology Fast 50 Hall of Fame. A reflection of our employees’ dedication and passion, the Technology Fast 50 is a celebration of Canada’s best, brightest, and fastest-growing tech companies that has for twenty years recognized forward-thinking companies that stand at the cutting edge of innovation.

In fact, BlackBerry has made the Technology Fast 50 list for 16 of the past 20 years, more than twice the placements of any other company.

As storied as our history has been, we are only just getting started and have even more important work ahead of us. Today we are fulfilling our mission to secure and mobilize the Enterprise of Things by protecting all of the endpoints so that we can help to safeguard our connected future.

Here’s to the past, present and future!

John
    rarsen, W Hoa, morganplus8 and 5 others like this.
    11-27-17 01:27 PM
    BlackBerry Motion review: Long battery life, strong build quality will leave you pleasantly surprised | Financial Post

This phone may not be the super-shiny status symbol many customers crave – a lot of people are surprised that the BlackBerry brand is even still around. But be assured that it’s alive and well, and the partnership of TCL Communication and BlackBerry Ltd is producing excellent phones at reasonable prices. Take a look. You’ll be pleasantly surprised by the Motion’s features and functionality, impressed by its security, and blown away by the battery life.

11-27-17 01:51 PM
    Very positive review. I've had a chance to play with the Motion for a bit. It feels nicer than the Detek 60, but still doesn't feel like what I would say is premium. I'm wondering if the plan for the Motion is to be a fleet phone and there will be a Motion II that has a better camera, newer chip and a more premium look/feel for business execs? Would be a winner in my opinion. Like the fact that BlackBerry continues to add new software features that are practical and makes their branded devices more complete.

Sent from my Awesome Z30
    11-28-17 10:48 AM
    11-28-17 04:20 PM
    https://www.avaya.com/en/about-avaya.../pr-us-171128/
    Avaya Announces Court Approval of Restructuring Plan
    28 Nov 2017
    11-28-17 07:00 PM
    https://www.avaya.com/en/about-avaya.../pr-us-171128/
    Avaya Announces Court Approval of Restructuring Plan
    28 Nov 2017
    So does this mean BlackBerry Is closer to getting a settlement?
    Sorry, I am a bit out of the loop on this one.
    Corbu likes this.
    11-29-17 07:20 AM
    Part of increasing positive general information on our favorite brand, fully aware that SA reporting credibility remains a hit and miss effort totally depended on the individual reporters:

BlackBerry Deals Should Boost Profits, Stock
    https://seekingalpha.com/article/412...-profits-stock
    “the deals provide yet more evidence that there is high demand for BlackBerry’s technologies from significant players in the marketplace.
    Given that BlackBerry, according to Reuters, obtains high margins from its professional services and software deals, much of the revenue from the Hitachi and Fujisoft deals should flow directly to BlackBerry’s bottom line, giving its profits and BlackBerry stock a lift in the process. Additionally, the deals should help keep BlackBerry’s overall margins elevated, pleasing Wall Street and providing another catalyst for BB stock.
    Finally, the deals - like BlackBerry’s previous announced contracts with FedEx (FDX), Delphi (DLPH), Ford (NYSE:F), Tata Elxsi and other major enterprises – indicate that, contrary to the assertions of bears, major enterprises around the world see real, significant value in BlackBerry’s technologies. As more investors internalize this fact, BB stock should and will rally to much higher levels. “
    W Hoa, Corbu, morganplus8 and 4 others like this.
    11-29-17 07:37 AM
    So does this mean BlackBerry Is closer to getting a settlement?
    Sorry, I am a bit out of the loop on this one.
    You may have a better answer come December 12th when BlackBerry will be in court to argue relief from the stay put in place with Avaya calling Chapter 11 bankruptcy. If Avaya is coming out of Chapter 11 seeking relief will not be necessary, I would think. And that would put BlackBerry closer to a settlement, or at least to a resolution of the dispute.

The stay that is in place and which BlackBerry will be arguing against on Dec 12:

The automatic stay provides a period of time in which all judgments, collection activities, foreclosures, and repossessions of property are suspended and may not be pursued by the creditors on any debt or claim that arose before the filing of the bankruptcy petition.
    11-29-17 07:44 AM
    When you thought that it couldn't get worse, confirming plans to kill net neutrality:

Trump's FCC announces plans to kill net neutrality | ZDNet
    W Hoa, morganplus8, dusdal and 1 others like this.
    11-29-17 09:55 AM
    When you thought that it couldn't get worse, confirming plans to kill net neutrality:
    We regret to inform you that Mobile Nations and it's sub brand CrackBerry are not in compliance with our traffic shaping policies and as such your response to the quoted post above will be delayed. Possibly for a very long time.

For your information:

Traffic shaping (also known as packet shaping) is a computer network traffic management technique which delays some or all datagrams to bring them into compliance with a desired traffic profile.

We appreciate your understanding in this matter.
    morganplus8, Corbu, dusdal and 3 others like this.
    11-29-17 12:49 PM
107,046 ... 41694170417141724173 ...