1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    stock price on both my biggies was disappointing today, BB and SPHS
    06-12-17 03:27 PM
    http://blogs.blackberry.com/2017/06/...and-messaging/

This is out today. Did we forget about this?

BlackBerry has so many gems that should go explode any date now. UEM, messaging like this above, Radar, IP, smartphone licensing, other devices licensing, QNX for auto, QNX for other industries. Anything else can you think of? All of this is only worth of 2 to 3 billion? So so so cheap now.
    Corbu, dusdal, morganplus8 and 1 others like this.
    06-12-17 04:45 PM
    MOBL up 14 percent today... any guesses why that happened?

Posted via CB10
    06-12-17 05:05 PM
    Indeed...
    kadakn01, Greened, Mr BBRY and 3 others like this.
    06-12-17 07:07 PM
    PR:
    http://www.marketwired.com/press-release/blackberry-voxsmart-partner-help-financial-services-firms-achieve-mifid-ii-compliance-2221434.htm

June 13, 2017 00:01 ET
    BlackBerry and VoxSmart Partner to Help Financial Services Firms Achieve MiFID II Compliance
    Last edited by Corbu; 06-13-17 at 07:14 AM.
    06-13-17 06:22 AM
    June 13, 2017 00:01 ET
    BlackBerry and VoxSmart Partner to Help Financial Services Firms Achieve MiFID II Compliance
    Seems like a big thing:

MiFID II regulates firms that provide financial services such as shares, bonds, and other investment products to clients in Europe. Not only is it of concern to European banks, but to North American banks that do business with the 28 member states of the EU as well, says Oliver Blower, CEO of VoxSmart.

“Everyone transacting with a European firm also has to consider its own compliance,” he says. “I’m in New York talking about this to U.S. banks about this European directive because of its international reach.”
    06-13-17 07:59 AM
    BlackBerry's BBM Enterprise Software Development Kit (SDK) is now available to all developers

"Since announcing our limited release earlier this year, more than 60 ISV partners are building and embedding apps using our SDK for Android and iOS devices," BlackBerry's Dan Auker said in an official blog post announcing the general availability. The BBM Enterprise SDK is an IP-based solution running on the BlackBerry NOC network

...using the service for just text messaging will cost $29 (approximately per user per year, while developers who want to use voice and video capabilities will have to pay $79 per user per year.

BBM Enterprise SDK Now Available for Android and iOS | NDTV Gadgets360.com
    06-13-17 08:07 AM
    06-13-17 08:08 AM
    I was away for a few days boating and came back to this! I thought we assigned someone to make sure the stock didn't drop below $ 11.00? That was a healthy drop in the NASDAQ, a terrible drop in AAPL and we are part of all of that. This morning, the NAS gapped up, we gapped up, AAPL gapped up, etc., problem was, AAPL is no where near being able to look bullish again, the NAS looked good, got above it's zero standard deviation line in the BB's and BBRY looked to be making its own way to that area. When AAPL failed this morning, I mean miserably, the NAS headed for new lows below its BB zero point and down came BBRY. Yesterday, we found huge support at $ 10.58/shr through to $ 10.61/shr, why I don't know as the weekly BBRY chart shows strong support at $ 10.48/shr and we never got close to that. So someone is buying up the stock down here ahead of TA support. We need the NAS to move back up to a plus zero Standard Deviation (6195) and hold it, (we don't need AAPL to move up here) and then we can recapture our own bullish support above $ 10.90/shr.

That's it for BBRY, I haven't seen charts or all the posts here so I'll do some reading and get caught up again. Thanks for all the great information, it was difficult to read my phone in four foot waves all day!
    W Hoa, Corbu, kellyweng88 and 12 others like this.
    06-13-17 10:15 AM
    I think I'm caught up here. I wasn't going to post a chart today but its easy so here it is:

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-bbry-june-13-2017.jpg

On the weekly chart, we never did get back to support which is bullish. We have plenty of time this week to pull up to even or close positive. When the NAS proves it was "just a correction", I think we'll do the same soon after. We are collecting stock at $ 10.75/shr today, looks good so far. The news has been great too. The one thing that is making me sick to my stomach is any mention of MOBL as a candidate for BB M&A. That stock is so over priced but it also has a small float and they can park it where-ever they wish. As for "other stocks", the IBB Index is trying so hard to remain positive here, mid-tier stocks are coming back, micro-cap stocks are lost in the process. Let's get a good close on BBRY and then pop above the neutral line on the BB's. Note the nice weekly channel and how high it projects in the weeks ahead, come on John Chen!

PS, I should mention that there is literally a vacuum up to $ 11.00/shr and then the problems arise!
    Last edited by morganplus8; 06-13-17 at 02:45 PM.
    06-13-17 02:12 PM
    I think I'm caught up here. I wasn't going to post a chart today but its easy so here it is:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bbry June 13 2017.jpg 
Views:	288 
Size:	206.9 KB 
ID:	425125

On the weekly chart, we never did get back to support which is bullish. We have plenty of time this week to pull up to even or close positive. When the NAS proves it was "just a correction", I think we'll do the same soon after. We are collecting stock at $ 10.75/shr today, looks good so far. The news has been great too. The one thing that is making me sick to my stomach is any mention of MOBL as a candidate for BB M&A. That stock is so over priced but it also has a small float and they can park it where-ever they wish. As for "other stocks", the IBB Index is trying so hard to remain positive here, mid-tier stocks are coming back, micro-cap stocks are lost in the process. Let's get a good close on BBRY and then pop above the neutral line on the BB's. Note the nice weekly channel and how high it projects in the weeks ahead, come on John Chen!

PS, I should mention that there is literally a vacuum up to $ 11.00/shr and then the problems arise!
    thanks for this Morgan. Much appreciated. What do you mean by problems arise once we hit the $11/shr price?
    06-13-17 03:30 PM
    thanks for this Morgan. Much appreciated. What do you mean by problems arise once we hit the $11/shr price?
    Hi kellyweng88 !!

Correct me if I'm wrong but I hopefully wasn't implying "big" problems, just those that occur when you use a number like $ 11.00/shr for support and now you are faced with it as resistance. There is a vacuum to $ 11.00/shr, likely tomorrow we will challenge that level. Sometimes you get lucky when you are under it for only a day or two, you jump right back into higher levels because shorts think TA selling will take place. We had close to 3 solid hours of uninterrupted "buy programs" today (this is where all trades occur on the ask only), I haven't seen that in awhile for BBRY. All the trades occurred on the "Ask" for that period leading up to 3:50 PM when 750,000 shares hit the bid to stop the upward momentum. Despite the large volume dump, all of those shares were cleaned out within 2 cents of the initial occurrence price, very bullish indeed. In addition, we are seeing volume come off which means the theoretical days to cover for the shorts is going up rapidly now. Everything is shaping up for a blowout rally here, but do use some caution here as the general market needs to hold or follow our que. Let's see what happens tomorrow, it looks like a great day coming up and the news keeps flowing too.

As for AAPL, what a poor day, it can't even get back inside its Bollinger Bands when the NAS confirms a strong rally. Ugly stock.
    06-13-17 03:46 PM

Published on Jun 13, 2017
    Together with VoxSmart, BlackBerry has developed a unified partner solution to help financial services firms comply with MiFID II – and any other data discovery regulations they may encounter. Clients can now deploy VoxSmart through our industry-leading BlackBerry UEM platform, enabling a perfect balance between user experience and compliance – and allowing firms around the world to capture voice, text and IM conversations on smartphones, wearables, tablets, and laptops.
    06-13-17 07:50 PM
    06-13-17 08:04 PM
    As for AAPL, what a poor day, it can't even get back inside its Bollinger Bands when the NAS confirms a strong rally. Ugly stock.
    Can we start shorting it?

Posted via CB10
    morganplus8, Mr BBRY and rarsen like this.
    06-13-17 08:40 PM
    Can we start shorting it?

Posted via CB10
    Ha! With our luck, Trump will allow tax free repatriation of their horde of cash! Besides, Tim Cook stated yesterday that IoT will be a mega deal for Apple which means they need to purchase BlackBerry and Intel or wait 50-years to join the party. On top of that, a death wish for AAPL hurts the general market as seen this week with the NAS drop. No, let us just leave AAPL alone to sink on it's own or take the $ 50.00/shr offer for BBRY and move onto bigger things.
    Last edited by morganplus8; 06-14-17 at 08:12 AM.
    Corbu, Mr BBRY, sidhuk and 4 others like this.
    06-14-17 07:37 AM
    . The one thing that is making me sick to my stomach is any mention of MOBL as a candidate for BB M&A.
    Would this even make sense for BB? I'd thought there be a substantial product overlap, and limited synergies. (?)

No, let us just leave AAPL alone to sink on it's own or take the $ 50.00/shr offer for BBRY and move onto bigger things.
    That's probably in the range it would need to be for JC to sign of on it.
    morganplus8, Mr BBRY and rarsen like this.
    06-14-17 07:49 AM
    Would this even make sense for BB? I'd thought there be a substantial product overlap, and limited synergies. (?)

That's probably in the range it would need to be for JC to sign of on it.
    I would purchase the revenue from MOBL on the dollar so there is zero value for BB at current levels. Using $ 160 MM that's $ 2.00/shr plus cash. It's a tight float so they can do whatever they want with it. The same pump program that Martin Shkreli uses on his micro stocks, only on a slightly bigger scale. Let's compete on that one.

You need the two "P"s to agree before BB could ever be sold. Prem and Prime have to be on board a sale and I'll bet you right now, they are seeing much higher levels in their 5-year plan. Chen would take the money and run, in at $ 8.85/shr and out at $ 50.00 plus hero status FOREVER!!!
    Mr BBRY, Corbu, sidhuk and 9 others like this.
    06-14-17 08:07 AM
    I'm glad you guys brought up the "B" word.. Buyout! It's been a while since a juicy M&A rumor has circulated. January 2015 to be exact, which was when there were some nonsense Samsung rumors that were quickly squashed the next day if my memory serves me correctly. That date also happens to be the highest printed SP since June 2013, which was when we all realized that BB10 handsets were a failure. I think we are just about due for the rumor mill to fire back up, specifically because BBRY has some deep roots in many of the buzzing industries of today (i.e. Autonomous driving software, security, secure messaging, IOT to name a few). It's only a matter of time before one of the big boy tech co's are caught showing interest in acquiring BBRY. Nobody can put a time frame on this, but my gut tells me we are not far away due to BBRY's improved perceived stability. All I can say is once the news drops, be ready for the fireworks. GL gang.
    06-14-17 09:25 AM
    06-14-17 09:33 AM
    I would purchase the revenue from MOBL on the dollar so there is zero value for BB at current levels. Using $ 160 MM that's $ 2.00/shr plus cash. It's a tight float so they can do whatever they want with it. The same pump program that Martin Shkreli uses on his micro stocks, only on a slightly bigger scale. Let's compete on that one.
    JC got a GOOD deal last time around, so perhaps he can do it again. (Sorry about the pun.) that said, the situation around that acquisition was very different, with Good running out of cash, but yeah..

You need the two "P"s to agree before BB could ever be sold. Prem and Prime have to be on board a sale and I'll bet you right now, they are seeing much higher levels in their 5-year plan. Chen would take the money and run, in at $ 8.85/shr and out at $ 50.00 plus hero status FOREVER!!!
    When I wrote JC I meant it as "major shareholders" more than as the person, but many thanks for clearing it up.
    The person is definitively on track for the hero status.
    06-14-17 09:38 AM
    That was one fast rally and out! We tried for $ 11.00/shr first thing this morning and looked good above the zero line on the bands and then dropped off fast:

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-bbry-june-14-2017.jpg

We have been trading up here for one month now, bouncing between $ 11.40 and $ 10.40/shr and now we are back at support. Let's find that support at $ 10.58/shr today and start over again.
    06-14-17 09:49 AM
    OT: PSDV

So we got some positive data from another one of this thread's darling stocks yesterday, PSDV:

pSivida’s Durasert™ Three-year Treatment for Posterior Segment Uveitis Successfully Achieves Primary Efficacy Endpoint in Second Phase 3 Study
    http://www.globenewswire.com/news-re...e-3-Study.html

The market reacted to the news with a massive selloff on high volume. Makes perfect sense, right [sarcasm]?? Anyhow, this article did a nice job summarizing why the market reacted this way:

https://www.insiderfinancial.com/psi...tunity/124388/

Morgan, if you have the time, I'd love to know your feelings on these events. I know you're in this trade too, so I hope yesterday's drop doesn't compromise the demanding lead your portfolio is taking over your wife's because of BBRY's success. Personally, I'm using the opportunity to pick up more cheap shares (probably more than I should own, but what the heck).

EDIT: If I may make this a two part question.. would you mind updating us on what's happening with SPHS these days as well? Merci beaucoup!!
    Last edited by Mr BBRY; 06-14-17 at 11:46 AM.
    06-14-17 10:30 AM
    take the $ 50.00/shr offer for BBRY
    lol, a brief moment, my heart went wild. But I told him to relax and NEVER base wins on a single statement over the InterWebz

EDIT : what ? Other agree ??? #$howMeTheMoney !
    06-14-17 11:32 AM
    06-14-17 11:45 AM
113,256 ... 40914092409340944095 ...