View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1110. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

694 62.52%
  • No

416 37.48%
    Not quite that big of an upgrade. Just 1GB more of ram with dual Sim.

And only sold in India because of the Optiemus licensing deal.

Posted via CB10
    Personally I'd love dual sim. Been wishing BlackBerry would do that for a few years now.
    06-01-17 01:52 AM
    While blackberry stock is going up and down. I just purchased the new 1 just letting the gang know, it was worth the wait what a treat this phone is. any one who has used Bold keyboard, would enjoy this phone in my opinion.
    Last edited by sidhuk; 06-01-17 at 11:32 AM.
    Corbu, bbjdog, Mr BBRY and 4 others like this.
    06-01-17 08:44 AM
    Citron compares BlackBerry to Nvidia, sets $20 target 01 Jun 09 Jun BBRY

Citron Out Positive On Blackberrry, Believes It Could Be The Next NVIDIA

06-01-17 08:52 AM
    Citron compares BlackBerry to Nvidia, sets $20 target 01 Jun 09 Jun BBRY

Citron Out Positive On Blackberrry, Believes It Could Be The Next NVIDIA
    With the link - http://citronresearch.com/wp-content...17-final-b.pdf
    06-01-17 08:54 AM
    I'm in love with John Chen
    06-01-17 09:15 AM
    I'm in love with John Chen
    TMI.... lol
    Corbu and Greened like this.
    06-01-17 09:29 AM
    whoa, super action today. Is it just because of the $20 price target report?
    06-01-17 09:34 AM
    This sets us up for tomorrow, a new Quarter, we just need to have a higher low tomorrow (and a positive close would be nice!), then, we are off to the races having completed a typical 10% correction.
    Damn M8.. You're good.
    06-01-17 09:40 AM
    06-01-17 09:58 AM
    Also want to thank Corbu for all his contributions as well. Bravo!
    Greened, andyk350, Corbu and 7 others like this.
    06-01-17 10:14 AM
    Look at it fly! Spot on M8+!
    Corbu and morganplus8 like this.
    06-01-17 10:20 AM
    I guess they make some good observations, but it would've looked better if they hadn't written "Blackberry" throughout the note.
    Corbu likes this.
    06-01-17 10:21 AM
    Congrats to all the longs! I've been out of the stock for a year now but glad it's finally recovering.

Also thanks m8 for your earlier reply to my post! I loaded up on Acad options. I'm traveling Asia at the moment so checking in when I can.

Have a great green day all!
    06-01-17 10:53 AM
    @kellyweng88

Thanks, man!
    Greened and Superfly_FR like this.
    06-01-17 10:53 AM
    https://www.ft.com/content/0998e7a2-...9-9f94ee97d996

JPMorgan to pay $35m in conflict of interest settlement

Bank allegedly gave compromised advice in sale of Good Technology to BlackBerry

JPMorgan Chase has agreed to pay $35m to shareholders of the former software “unicorn” Good Technology, to settle conflict of interest claims over Good’s $425m sale to BlackBerry in late 2015.

Good had been valued at over $1bn in the months before the BlackBerry transaction but was sold hastily because of a cash crunch that developed over the summer of 2015. Some shareholders sued JPMorgan, alleging it pushed Good into a sale because it wanted to win future investment banking business from BlackBerry.

Common shareholders, mostly employees of Good, received less than 50 cents per share after Good stock had been valued at more than $3 per share weeks earlier.

JPMorgan did not respond immediately to requests for comment.

The case had been closely watched both on Wall Street and in Silicon Valley. Investment bankers have faced a series of large judgments and settlements in recent years over accusations of providing self-interested M&A advice.

In 2015, the Delaware Supreme Court affirmed a near $100m against Royal Bank of Canada, which was found to have steered the sale of ambulance company Rural/Metro to a preferred bidder in the hopes of securing lucrative financing fees. Goldman Sachs and Barclays also each paid tens of millions in recent years over charges of tainted deal work.

Plaintiff shareholders had alleged that JPMorgan had first concealed its true feelings about a spring 2015 IPO for Good. Then later that summer, they allege the firm’s technology bankers steered a sweetheart transaction to BlackBerry.

Under chief executive John Chen, BlackBerry has been moving out of smartphones to focus on software.

After the deal was signed, Jennifer Nason, JPMorgan’s global chair of technology, media, and telecom banking, wrote to colleague Curt Sigfstead: “Fantastic result! Glad bberry didn’t use [a banker]. Curt — we should have Jamie [Dimon, JPMorgan chief executive] call/email Chen,” according to the lawsuit.

The VC capital firms behind Good — Oak Investment Partners, Draper Fisher Jurvetson, and Riverwood Capital — along with Good board members were also accused of wrongdoing in approving the BlackBerry sale. Plaintiffs alleged the financial backers of Good had favoured the interests of their preferred stock instead of looking out for common stockholders to whom they owed fiduciary duties.

The Delaware corporate court has recently become more vigilant in protecting the rights of common shareholders over preferred stock owners, who are typically sophisticated financial firms.

The VCs and board defendants settled the respective claims against them last week and the amount of that settlement, $17m, was revealed alongside the JPMorgan deal on Thursday.

JPMorgan had tried to block the settlement struck between the Good shareholders and the VCs and board defendants. It unsuccessfully argued that its contract with Good prevented other parties settling without its permission.
    06-01-17 11:25 AM
    Is Toyota dropping QNX as this article implies?
    https://seekingalpha.com/article/407...gest-automaker

Posted via CB10
    06-01-17 11:30 AM
    Is Toyota dropping QNX as this article implies?
    https://seekingalpha.com/article/407...gest-automaker

Posted via CB10
    The same author who thought comparing 'Guess' to 'BlackBerry' in an earlier article made sense. He has very limited or no experience as an analyst and seems to be at Seeking Alpha just to provocate (1 article per week, always doom and gloom).

Posted via CB10
    06-01-17 11:47 AM
    Ya did it again, Morgan.

25 million shares so far traded. Big day.
    Corbu likes this.
    06-01-17 11:55 AM
    06-01-17 12:24 PM
    Video:
    Why Andrew Left Says BlackBerry Shares Could Double

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/video...d-double-video

Andrew Left, Citron Research founder, explains why he thinks BlackBerry Ltd. shares could double in the next two years. He speaks with Bloomberg's Vonnie Quinn on "Bloomberg Markets." (Source: Bloomberg)
    06-01-17 12:40 PM
    Thanks for the links!

I did not know that Audi MMI was based on QNX; that is one slick interface and one that all car manufacturers should strive to emulate.

Tough loss with Toyota but we don't even know how many vehicles actually had QNX right? From my experiences with a couple newish Toyotas, their interfaces were adequate at best.
    kellyweng88 likes this.
    06-01-17 12:46 PM
    Mobileye was acquired 7 months after Tesla dropped them as their supplier.

Edit: I mentioned the above to Paulo. He said Mobileye has nothing to do with BBRY... but Guess has?!

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by _dimi_; 06-01-17 at 01:34 PM.
    06-01-17 01:13 PM
    Of course QNX still dominates the market. Having said that, it will be interesting to follow what Toyota does here. Tesla is a notable manufacturer who uses their own Linux stack (not AGL) instead of QNX. Toyota is a lot bigger than Tesla.

Toyota just gave AGL its first big break. We'll have to see how well it does compared to QNX.

I think BBRY\QNX's problem over the past few years was that it was working with auto makers via the auto makers' Tier1 OEM suppliers, rather than directly. So although QNX supplied all the tools and frameworks, they couldn't push all their Tesla-like capabilities. The Ford deal hopefully changes that for them.

QNX may hold its own against AGL if auto makers or regulators demand auto makers to certify their code. Dan Dodge used to say that QNX could certify their code while it's competitors couldn't.

Anyway, let's hope Toyota did a poor job implementing AGL and makes it look like MS Windows CE for Auto (or whatever system was used by Ford for it's Sync platform.) That would give BBRY\QNX more time to get deeper into automakers entire ecosystem and technology stack.
    06-01-17 02:42 PM
    Thanks Stormie

How is open source ever considered safe? Isn't that the most unsafe type of code?
    Open source can generally be considered safe since the source code is open for anyone to download, review, recompile and execute. Assuming enough eyes (especially from competiting companies/interests) look at the code it's harder to sneak malicious code through. However, as the *major and long-undetected* SSL-related security flaws discovered over the past two years demonstrated, just because it's open, doesn't mean they're bug/flaw free. To the open source movement's credit though, once severe bugs/flaws are identified, they tend to be fixed faster than proprietary code.

You can't necessarily say the same about proprietary code.
    Superfly_FR and rarsen like this.
    06-01-17 02:43 PM
    Here's my thought on Linux. It may be FREE and open source but it has its own issues.

https://arstechnica.com/gadgets/2017...tes-and-linux/

Google kind of have to support and unsupported version of Linux with Android.

I see that with QNX at least there is a vendor providing the security patches and support which is pretty important for a car manufacturer. With AGL, it is just an association which less is at risk for the vendor to be part of it since they don't shoulder all the responsibility.
    FeitaInc, morganplus8 and rarsen like this.
    06-01-17 03:00 PM
106,800 ... 40844085408640874088 ...