View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Nokia, BlackBerry to mark return with Rs 200-crore bets - The Economic Times

FYI:
    2000 crores (or 200000 lakhs) is equal to 20000 million (20 billion). 20,000,000,000 INR is equal to 311,774,151 USD @ 64.15 Indian rupees to 1 US dollar.

Rs40,000 = +/- USD 622
    Rs20,000 = +/- USD 311

BTW, their fiscal year starts on April 1st.
    Corbu,

Thanks for simplifying this for us. One thing I note is the news mentioning 200 Crore but you have used 2000 crore in the calculation?
    Corbu likes this.
    05-05-17 10:33 AM
    Corbu,

Thanks for simplifying this for us. One thing I note is the news mentioning 200 Crore but you have used 2000 crore in the calculation?
    You are welcome.

I have used 2,000 crore in reference to: “We are expecting Rs2,000 crore sales in this fiscal”

They also mention this: "Optiemus Group, will spend Rs200 crore to relaunch the brand"

Unless I am mistaken, it means that they intend to invest approx. $30M USD to relaunch the brand and generate approx. $300M USD sales over this fiscal year (which started on April 1st).

Given that "The company will launch one model at sub-Rs40,000 next month and another at sub-Rs20,000 in July", and - perhaps - an average $400 USD price, that would mean +/- 750,000 units from July on, more or less, i.e. 9 months.

Let me know if my math makes sense...
    morganplus8, rarsen, W Hoa and 3 others like this.
    05-05-17 10:46 AM
    You are welcome.

I have used 2,000 crore in reference to: “We are expecting Rs2,000 crore sales in this fiscal”

They also mention this: "Optiemus Group, will spend Rs200 crore to relaunch the brand"

Unless I am mistaken, it means that they intend to invest approx. $30M USD to relaunch the brand and generate approx. $300M USD sales over this fiscal year (which started on April 1st).

Given that "The company will launch one model at sub-Rs40,000 next month and another at sub-Rs20,000 in July", and - perhaps - an average $400 USD price, that would mean +/- 750,000 units.

Let me know if my math makes sense...
    Aaah that makes sense now. Thank you
    Corbu, W Hoa and Greened like this.
    05-05-17 10:47 AM
    Anyone have access to this article?

News just trickling in have brought forward the revelation that most of the BlackBerry enthusiasts located in the US will as a matter of fact need to wait until somewhere around May 31 in order to make their upcoming smartphone orders, and it is ...
    >>>Related articles:
    https://www.journaltranscript.com/20...one-preorders/

from Android Stocks App
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...g.dayup.stocks
    05-05-17 10:54 AM
    Let's look at a 3-year chart to demonstrate where we are heading:

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-ice_screenshot_20170505-132240.png

We spent far too long trapped below $ 8.00/shr. In the days ahead, if we can rally above our current high, we are signaling that we want to trade inside the 2014/2015 levels of the past. The TA is very strong here so it is only a matter of time before we rally through and well into the next channel. We made a 16 month high today and we are pennies away from a 22 month high. This means that everyone who purchased BBRY within the last 22 month holds a profit or at least is breaking even. It also means that the shorts have it wrong over the same period.

It took us some time to break to new 52 week highs today, we dropped back to successfully test that level, and now, we have taken out of the $ 9.45/shr level and are just going through the process of back testing that breakout so that we can resume our rally. A close at new highs today's will signal that we are heading much higher in the weeks ahead.

The great news is the volume, we are able to not only take out important resistance, we are doing it on moderate volume which includes profit-taking along the way. This is a very comfortable pace that has legs. The trading day is 6 1/2 hours long so let's pace ourselves for a strong finish even on a Friday.

Fun to watch.
    W Hoa, rarsen, rytwjyx and 7 others like this.
    05-05-17 12:36 PM
    Let's look at a 3-year chart to demonstrate where we are heading:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ice_screenshot_20170505-132240.png 
Views:	574 
Size:	337.5 KB 
ID:	422563

We spent far too long trapped below $ 8.00/shr. In the days ahead, if we can rally above our current high, we are signaling that we want to trade inside the 2014/2015 levels of the past. The TA is very strong here so it is only a matter of time before we rally through and well into the next channel. We made a 16 month high today and we are pennies away from a 22 month high. This means that everyone who purchased BBRY within the last 22 month holds a profit or at least is breaking even. It also means that the shorts have it wrong over the same period.

It took us some time to break to new 52 week highs today, we dropped back to successfully test that level, and now, we have taken out of the $ 9.45/shr level and are just going through the process of back testing that breakout so that we can resume our rally. A close at new highs today's will signal that we are heading much higher in the weeks ahead.

The great news is the volume, we are able to not only take out important resistance, we are doing it on moderate volume which includes profit-taking along the way. This is a very comfortable pace that has legs. The trading day is 6 1/2 hours long so let's pace ourselves for a strong finish even on a Friday.

Fun to watch.
    Hi M8,

Many of us held and bought more during the past 3 years more or less, we shall not give up the gains until it reaches 20 at least, shall we?

Posted via CB10
    morganplus8, rarsen, Corbu and 2 others like this.
    05-05-17 12:45 PM
    Hi M8,

Many of us held and bought more during the past 3 years more or less, we shall not give up the gains until it reaches 20 at least, shall we?

Posted via CB10
    You know, here is a different perspective, name a stock that is killing AAPL over the past 6-months, that is killing AAPL this year, and is forecasted to kill it for all of 2017?

No one is even talking about BBRY today. Yet John Chen is in the money on his options, he is driven because of this and if you sell when Prem Watsa wants out, you will have more than $ 20.00/shr in the bank. If every Fund decides to add 10% more stock to their holdings this year, you are at $ 20.00/shr. It gets easy from here and John Chen is going to go all out to make himself rich, we are along for the ride. Just enjoy it as you deserve this now.
    05-05-17 12:54 PM
    We made a 16 month high today and we are pennies away from a 22 month high.
    Well we've rolled over that one. Cheers.
    05-05-17 01:24 PM
    Thanks for the unparalleled insight and analysis, Morgan. As always.

And for everyone else's contributions.

Cheers all!
    sidhuk, W Hoa, rarsen and 7 others like this.
    05-05-17 04:44 PM
    Thanks for the unparalleled insight and analysis, Morgan. As always.

And for everyone else's contributions.

Cheers all!
    For my part, I'm just trying to contribute Corbu. I feel guilty stealing all of the information on this thread without at least trying to steer investors to a greater return on their investment.

I thought I would post a link to my chart so that starting Monday morning everyone can follow along on this TA ride:
    https://www.tradingview.com/x/8rAVWRPC/

I hope you end up with the exact same, live chart that I'm using so that you can see it update throughout the day and calculate where we are going next. I also posted a 3-year chart showing what will happen when we close up at these levels. baring a major sell-off on Monday, we should pop into the higher level of trading going forward. We even made $ 9.50/shr in AH and the bids on the stock all afternoon on Friday more than covered the asks. It was a clear case of the bulls supporting the stock into the close and choosing when and where it would close.

As for the chart, we corrected for most of this past week, we tried each day to breakout into a rally and failed until Friday when it confirmed that late Thursday we saw a reversal in the trend at the close. Now we can go higher from here next week. GL
    Corbu, rarsen, he_x3 and 6 others like this.
    05-06-17 11:34 AM
    Sorry morgan i meant to thank you earlier for your input on ACAD, I don't have much time to stop by the board on a regular anymore but none the less thank you for all your input, I've gotten out of BBRY awhile back for a deep loss but will likely put money back in soon. If SPHS does a nice move i'll have the luxury cash to get back into BBRY and PSDV which i need to congratulate you on this one again.

Thank you again good sir! also I do pray your health is much better and on your way to a full recover
    Corbu, rarsen, morganplus8 and 2 others like this.
    05-06-17 08:48 PM
    I wish, I could contribute on this thread like many do. But I have been banned from posting monkey pictures. Lol

Cheers mates!
    Corbu and Mr BBRY like this.
    05-07-17 11:09 AM
    OT with a article for those investors interested in Electrical Vehicles. And hoping all eventually seeing the benefits of QNX.

New battery design for electric cars would stack up to 1,000-km range
    "One of the big stumbling blocks preventing the wide scale acceptance of electric cars is dreaded range anxiety. Now working on a new battery design of a new type of battery that reduces the number of those components in a much simpler design that would free up space that could be used to provide extra electricity storage capacity. The upshot of all this is that electric cars could carry bigger batteries that don't takes up more space or add weight, giving cars a range of 1,000 km (621 mi) in the medium term."
    05-07-17 06:53 PM
    05-08-17 07:08 AM

Published on May 8, 2017
    Highlights from 2016 event
    morganplus8, rarsen and Greened like this.
    05-08-17 01:25 PM
    05-09-17 08:25 AM
    pretty quiet in here last few days. Any thoughts on SP activity?
    05-09-17 09:09 AM
    pretty quiet in here last few days. Any thoughts on SP activity?
    We are trading within another downward trending channel just like the last couple of weeks:The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-bbry-may-9-2017.png

We rallied yesterday, reversed course late in the day and setup this channel. It should look familiar now as we have done this every week since the pop began. At 11:00 AM we tried to power above the channel and ended up back inside it again. I don't think we'll spend much more time trading down here, we are likely to pop out of it and tackle recent highs soon. We seem to go up hard, back up so that the net gain is $ .20/shr and then power up again. The reason for this is that we are over-bought on some indicators now. I believe we will see this pattern until the stock approaches $ 10.00/shr this month. As long as the general market holds up, we are in an up-trending pattern for the first time in years. Watch for the stock to power above the downtrend line very soon. GL
    kellyweng88, rarsen, Corbu and 5 others like this.
    05-09-17 10:46 AM
    Interesting opinions:

Warren Buffett Gives Nod to TSX Stocks
    https://ca.finance.yahoo.com/news/wa...153907184.html
    05-09-17 10:50 AM
    Short numbers: big drop

4/28/2017 47,671,348

4/13/2017 61,720,061
    05-09-17 03:07 PM
    Short numbers: big drop

4/28/2017 47,671,348

4/13/2017 61,720,061
    Then I guess we will get a smaller short squeeze (-_-)
    05-09-17 03:38 PM
    Then I guess we will get a smaller short squeeze (-_-)
    From my perspective, it's good that the shorts are starting to leave us alone.

While it may give us a less explosive 'short squeeze' if it materializes, there's less interested parties in keeping our shares artificially lower.

Hoping to see the gradual appreciation in market value continue.
    05-09-17 03:53 PM
    FWIW:
    Exclusive: Upgraded Blackberry KEYone to Launch in India for Rs. 39,999 » PhoneRadar

Our source has Exclusively confirmed with us at PhoneRadar that the Blackberry KEYone QWERTY smartphone will be launching in India. The device is going to be an upgraded KEYone that would be manufactured in India and the work begins around Mid May while the phones are expected to launch around the 2nd week of June in the country. TCL has no rights to sell the Blackberry KEYone in India, Sri Lanka, Bangladesh, and Nepal. This is reason Optiemus Infracom is expected to work on the device and will sell them in India. As of now, there is no information about the availability of the KEYone in Sri Lanka, Bangladesh, and Nepal where the Optiemus Infracom is the official partner. One interesting point to note is that the Indian variant of the Blackberry KEYone will pack slightly better specifications than the global variant.

It comes with dual SIM dual standby support and offers 4G VoLTE connectivity. The Blackberry Aurora Smartphone that was manufactured by the BB Merah Putih in Indonesia is the first ever Blackberry device to offer dual SIM support. While the KEYone was launched with just 3GB of RAM, the Indian variant will feature an extra gig of RAM. Since the OS is taken care by Blackberry itself, the device will be running on Android 7.1 Nougat out of the box and will receive the monthly security updates as well. The Blackberry KEYone is said to cost Rs. 39,999 in India and will be available in the market from next month.
    05-10-17 06:41 AM
    General projections about BlackBerry-branded handsets in India, Sri Lanka, Nepal and Bangladesh:

BlackBerry's New Pillar Of Success Is Looking Strong
    https://seekingalpha.com/article/407...looking-strong
    05-10-17 06:49 AM
    General projections about BlackBerry-branded handsets in India, Sri Lanka, Nepal and Bangladesh:

BlackBerry's New Pillar Of Success Is Looking Strong
    https://seekingalpha.com/article/407...looking-strong
    Thanks, rarsen!

FWIW, I believe this article could be based on a false assumption.

The SA author states this: "Its exclusive Indian hardware partner, Optiemus Infracom, just announced its plan to generate $350 million revenue and 2 million sales of BlackBerry-branded handsets from its territory this year. "

However, unless I am mistaken, nothing in the article upon which this piece is based refers to the potential sale of 2 million handsets. It does make a reference to “We are expecting Rs2,000 crore sales in this fiscal” and I believe that there might be confusion between the sales and the volume numbers.

According to own calculations (see earlier post), we should expect something closer to 750,000 units in FY1 (which is approximately 3Qs, effectively).

FTR, Rs2,000 crore = 311,041,991 USD
    Other bit of information extracted from that Economic Times piece: "
    The company will launch one model at sub-Rs40,000 next month and another at sub-Rs20,000 in July," (Note: Rs40,000 = +/- 620 USD)
    BTW, this Rs40,000 device might just be the KEYone mentioned by PhoneRadar...

Original article from The Economic Times:
    Nokia, BlackBerry to mark return with Rs 200-crore bets - The Economic Times

Let me know if I am getting this wrong. If not, that SA piece should be taken with a bit of salt...
    Last edited by Corbu; 05-10-17 at 07:39 AM.
    05-10-17 07:21 AM
113,250 ... 40724073407440754076 ...