Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    https://www.youtube.com/shared?ci=aN7uvruo77g

Interesting
    sidhuk, rarsen, fanBBRY and 4 others like this.
    12-08-16 10:50 AM
    Not sure about putting so much focus on the BlackBerry name....
    12-08-16 11:40 AM
    Sold some stock on todays run up. Now just hoping it goes down again before the next ER so I can buy back cheaper lol.
    12-08-16 11:53 AM
    If the products are great, the brand could benefit. They need to build back brand equity, Good a place as any. No pun intended

Corbu, morganplus8, dusdal and 4 others like this.
    12-08-16 03:04 PM
    BlackBerry Announces Upgrade to Mobile-Security Software - WSJ

Move is latest attempt to win more business from traditional government and business customer base

TORONTO� BlackBerry Ltd. announced Thursday an upgrade of its mobile-security software in its latest move to win more business from its traditional government and business customer base.

Chief Executive John Chen said the new release, available Thursday, will consolidate BlackBerry mobile security software in one product, a shift from selling a lineup of individual products.

Mr. Chen said the new platform will simplify BlackBerry�s offering for customers by integrating BES12, the company�s device management tool, with products from the five niche software companies BlackBerry acquired throughout the past two years, including Good Technology, AtHoc, and WatchDox into one package.

Under Mr. Chen, BlackBerry has put increasing emphasis on its software business, as its once-dominant share of the smartphone market dwindled to less than 1%. In September, the company said it would outsource the making of its iconic handsets.

BlackBerry�s mobile-security software business is built on the strength of its data encryption, which makes it harder to hackers to breach. The company has previously struck partnerships with companies ranging from Microsoft Corp., Salesforce.com Inc. and Samsung Electronics Co. to boost the security of their cloud-based platforms.

BlackBerry generated $494 million in software and services revenue in its last fiscal year, nearly double what it made in its fiscal 2015 year. The company continues to lose money, posting a net loss of $208 million in its most recent fiscal year due to steep restructuring costs and declining handset sales.

The company remains on track to grow its software business by 30% this year, Mr. Chen said.

Mr. Chen also said that BlackBerry plans to release one more keyboard-equipped smartphone before fully ceding handset development to third-party manufacturers. Images of the device�code-named �Mercury��were leaked online in recent days.

Mr. Chen said the device is going through internal checks ahead of its anticipated release in the next few months.

The company is close to announcing new partners for those types of handsets from manufacturers based in China and India, Mr. Chen added.
    12-08-16 03:21 PM
    12-08-16 03:25 PM
    John's goal from the time BlackBerry acquired Good Technology was to integrate it all into one platform and we're finally seeing the fruits of this.

The platform seems to work fairly fluidly and well thoughtout in this video.
    12-08-16 03:36 PM
    At last !
    An understandable, single branded, scalable and secured Cross Device Management (CDM, you read it here first! Lol) solution. Bravo.

Now, hit the road, Jack, and never come back unless you sell,you sell, you sold like hell !
    Cheers gang !
    12-08-16 04:35 PM
  9. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    John's goal from the time BlackBerry acquired Good Technology was to integrate it all into one platform and we're finally seeing the fruits of this.

The platform seems to work fairly fluidly and well thoughtout in this video.
    Now that these companies and their product offerings have been integrated into a cohesive BlackBerry service, could we be ripe for another strategic acquisition in early 2017?

Posted via CB10
    morganplus8, rarsen, Corbu and 2 others like this.
    12-08-16 07:57 PM
    12-08-16 10:08 PM
    Is this even true? Maybe only in Australia, right?

I was under the impression two different companies were negotiating to use the brand name in India and China, besides the Indonesian JV securing Indonesia.
    12-08-16 10:41 PM
    12-08-16 11:01 PM
    Is this even true? Maybe only in Australia, right?

I was under the impression two different companies were negotiating to use the brand name in India and China, besides the Indonesian JV securing Indonesia.
    Don't know. Remember... "FWIW". Was not able to find another source to confirm or infirm. So, a bit of salt might be in order, as Superfly_FR would say...
    12-08-16 11:07 PM
    Don't know. Remember... "FWIW". Was not able to find another source to confirm or infirm. So, a bit of salt might be in order, as Superfly_FR would say...
    Another dedicated thread related to this. Bla1ze shared his opinion on it too.

Alcatel secures exclusive rights to BlackBerry?

/blackberry-keyone-f445/alcatel-secures-exclusive-rights-blackberry-1094247/
    12-08-16 11:41 PM
    mobl up 12%. What is driving that? Any new info behind the upgrades?
    12-08-16 11:56 PM
    mobl up 12%. What is driving that? Any new info behind the upgrades?
    Pretty low volume though.. 331k shares traded compared to 558k traded on average these past 3 months

Posted via CB10
    morganplus8, rarsen, Corbu and 1 others like this.
    12-09-16 01:10 AM
    Link to the webinar recording:

Discover What�s New in the Latest Software Releases:

http://us.blackberry.com/enterprise/...ct-update.html
    Corbu, morganplus8, rarsen and 3 others like this.
    12-09-16 07:52 AM
    Big'ish drop in short numbers:

11/30/2016 54,654,729
    11/15/2016 62,045,427
    Last edited by W Hoa; 12-10-16 at 09:37 AM.
    12-09-16 03:53 PM
    Big'ish drop in short numbers:

11/30/2016 54,654,729
    11/15/2016 62,045,427
    Following up on this, I have included a chart with the YTD price and the short interest ratio (the short interest divided by the Float of approx 495M shares). What is interesting is a decrease while the price is increasing when normally we have the opposite. I wrote the on the chart for Price and Short Interest (SI) numbers. Also circled the area where we just saw the recent drop.

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-bbry-short-int-dec-2016.jpg
    Corbu, rarsen, morganplus8 and 8 others like this.
    12-10-16 12:41 PM
    https://berryflow.com/2016/12/blackb...3-3-revisited/
    Passport Silver Edition revisited on BlackBerry 10.3.3

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-wp-1469658797100.jpg

12-10-16 12:54 PM
    OT!!

Just a quick heads up on SPHS, they completed their re-instatement of board members, issued their stock options for 750,000 shares at $ 2.74/shr for the exercise price. All the ducks are in a row now for a rally in the stock.

FYI - When the board wants to issue stock options, they are required to take the past trading section closes in the stock and use that data to generate the average price for the period. They can then use the average to price the option for staff. The stock usually seems to appear to trade sideways when the rest of the universe is going much higher, this was the case for SPHS. Now it is un-encombered to rally with the rest of the market. We should see a nice pop in the stock above its 50-dma despite what Trump has said recently about pharma drug pricing.

BBRY - We continue to set ourselves up for a great rally in the stock heading into the close of 2016. GL
    12-10-16 03:23 PM
    Hey Morgan, I was curious about your opinion on Blackberry long term. Like 5-10 years from now. Do you think Chen can really find alot of growth in IOT and cars or is it a long shot?
    12-10-16 06:52 PM
    OT!!

Just a quick heads up on SPHS, they completed their re-instatement of board members, issued their stock options for 750,000 shares at $ 2.74/shr for the exercise price. All the ducks are in a row now for a rally in the stock.

FYI - When the board wants to issue stock options, they are required to take the past trading section closes in the stock and use that data to generate the average price for the period. They can then use the average to price the option for staff. The stock usually seems to appear to trade sideways when the rest of the universe is going much higher, this was the case for SPHS. Now it is un-encombered to rally with the rest of the market. We should see a nice pop in the stock above its 50-dma despite what Trump has said recently about pharma drug pricing.

BBRY - We continue to set ourselves up for a great rally in the stock heading into the close of 2016. GL
    On the ot note Morgan are you optimistic of the data to be released by acad before years end? I have a small position in that and waiting to get back into halo. Also bought some sphs for my gf Tfsa account, hope it will help her with a down-payment one day

Other trades I've done which is short bac and mfc just purely on an overbought basis. Just don't know how long this trump rally can sustain
    12-11-16 10:33 AM
113,251 ... 40184019402040214022 ...