View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Market up huge, but BBRY not really. Seems like it wants to break support and head down?
    09-12-16 04:39 PM
    Debentures:
    We now know who the purchasers of BlackBerry's 3.75% unsecured subordinated convertible debentures (U.S.$605,000,000) are:

Well... But for one!
    The purchasor redacted is likely Prem Watsa, personally

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    09-12-16 08:30 PM
    09-12-16 09:34 PM
    Corbu, you're a time traveler! This article is from the future! Amazing!

Posted via CB10
    Corbu, La Emperor, ZayDub and 6 others like this.
    09-12-16 09:44 PM
    Corbu, you're a time traveler! This article is from the future! Amazing!
    Can't say you haven't read it here first!

Tomorrow's news...today!
    09-12-16 10:07 PM
    BlackBerry Ltd.: BBRY Stock is on the Verge of Something Huge

BBRY Stock: The Fuse is Lit

BlackBerry Ltd.(NASDAQ:BBRY) stock may not be the best-run company, and I am not sure why it still has such a large base of followers, but I know why I am watching BBRY stock. I am completely enamored with this company�s stock chart. Something is brewing beneath the headlines and this has resulted in a constructive stock chart. *I am currently watching BlackBerry stock like a hawk, The pattern has been many years in the making and I am expecting a major move to develop when the pattern finally breaks free.

I am a firm believer of matching fundamental analysis and technical analysis to come to one conclusion with regards to an investment. I do not weigh each analysis equally; I actually put more credence into the stock chart than into fundamentals. The reason for this disparity is that financial statements are backwards-looking data, and not time-sensitive. I also believe that there are many people much smarter than I am. These savvy individuals have done their due diligence with regards to the value of this investment, and their money being put to work reflects the value and effects the trend.

The following chart illustrated the pattern in BBRY stock that has piqued my interest.

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-bbry-chart-sep-1.png

BBRY stock has spent the last four years creating a descending triangle.*Descending triangle patterns often have five points of contact before the pattern breaks in either an upward or downward direction. On average, a breakout usually occurs when the pattern has completed 70% of the triangle, and BBRY stock has fulfilled these objectives. A breakout is imminent and I am eagerly awaiting that outcome.

These patterns are especially powerful when resulting from the confinement of the price within the pattern. The price bounces from each respective resistance level and builds momentum each time that it is rejected by the trend line. The longer it takes for such patterns to play out, the larger the reaction when the pattern is finally complete.

On average, triangles mark continuation patterns, but it is not uncommon for triangles to appear at the end of a trend. These patterns are known as �ending triangles� and are significant trend reversal indicators.

The following chart illustrates other positive developments in BlackBerry stock:

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-bbry-chart-sep-2.png

On September 12, 2016, Blackberry stock generated a golden cross, a bullish signal that is produced when a 50-day moving average (highlighted in blue) crosses above a 200-day moving average (highlighted in red). Traders use this signal to confirm a bull market is on the horizon. History has proven that trading against this signal is never wise.

BBRY stock would need to continue to trade above both moving averages in order to avoid averting this bullish signal. The current short-term trend within the triangle is illustrated on the*intraday chart of BlackBerry stock chart using a one-hour scale.

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-bbry-chart-sep-3.png

The downtrend *line (highlighted in blue) is created by connecting the peaks on a price chart. A downtrend, defined by lower lows and confirmed by lower highs, can easily be identified as the price moves from the upper left to the lower right. This is a clear example of a bearish price action, and shares will continue to trade with a bearish bias for as long as this trend remains intact.

In order for this trend to reverse, the downtrend line needs to be broken. This price action will also coincide with a higher high as the level of resistance (highlighted in green) will also be broken to the upside.*This event would open the door for another attempt at a bullish breakout of the descending triangle.

Bottom Line

BBRY stock continues to trade within the large descending triangle. The convergence of the moving averages serves to sway my bias bullish, as a possible breakout in the upward direction is not only plausible, but possible. I am watching BlackBerry Stock carefully while awaiting an outcome.

BlackBerry Ltd.: BBRY Stock is on the Verge of Something Huge
    09-13-16 09:50 AM
    09-13-16 10:45 AM
    OT reading material on Security, with so many hacks several very important ones are surely not being listed because of potential lost of credibility and real possibility of being sued:

How not to verify a data breach (and why some really want you to get 'pwned') | ZDNet
    This year, we've seen dozens of hacks, breaches, and leaks of billions of records. And it's still only September. "A Reuters exclusive earlier this year cited one security expert who said "hundreds of millions of hacked usernames and passwords" for email accounts were being traded online."

Exclusive: Big data breaches found at major email services - expert | Reuters
    Such large-scale data breaches can be used to engineer further break-ins or phishing attacks by reaching the universe of contacts tied to each compromised account, multiplying the risks of financial theft or reputational damage across the web. Hackers know users cling to favourite passwords, resisting admonitions to change credentials regularly and make them more complex. It's why attackers reuse old passwords found on one account to try to break into other accounts of the same user.
    morganplus8 and masterful like this.
    09-13-16 12:06 PM
    Bbry taking a beating today, down 5%.... can someone explain why, when there hasn't been any "bad" news????? As a shareholder it's frustrating AF to see this, when there doesn't appear to be a valid reason. ...Argh!!!

Posted via CB10
    Corbu and Superfly_FR like this.
    09-13-16 02:27 PM
    Bbry taking a beating today, down 5%.... can someone explain why, when there hasn't been any "bad" news????? As a shareholder it's frustrating AF to see this, when there doesn't appear to be a valid reason. ...Argh!!!

Posted via CB10
    Buying opportunities. 5% Off Sale!

BBM Channel: C002165D3 Tour 9630 > Bold 9650 > Q10 > Playbook > Classic AND Passport SE!!!
    Mr BBRY, huwit, Greened and 4 others like this.
    09-13-16 02:35 PM

Posted via CB10
    Have a look at the overall market, coupled with breaking support. AAPL was green, only because of T-Mobile and Sprint saying that iPhone pre-orders were way higher than last year. Of course, for some reason, the market seems to forget that both companies have seen a fairly large subscriber increase over the last year. This would simply make sense to see an increase. Maybe it doesn't fully account for the entirety of the pre-orders, but it should be taken into account when looking after the % increase being touted.

Posted via CB10
    09-13-16 04:26 PM
    09-13-16 04:32 PM
  13. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20160913_233153.png 
Views:	572 
Size:	154.8 KB 
ID:	408287

Posted via CB10
    SP down $1 in less than one month!!... Shorts / MM's still seem to totally manipulate / control this stock .. short interest up!
    .... what say you Chen?

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by world traveler and former ceo; 09-14-16 at 09:31 AM.
    09-13-16 04:45 PM
    BlackBerry Golden Cross= Market Tank. Check the last cross lol

Posted via CB10
    09-13-16 06:12 PM
    SP down $1 in less than one month... Shorts / MM's still seem to control this stock what say you Chen?

Posted via CB10
    If I could speak for him? I would say thank you for your LOYAL support!!!
    09-13-16 06:15 PM
    BlackBerry Becomes Oversold (BBRY)

Legendary investor Warren Buffett advises to be fearful when others are greedy, and be greedy when others are fearful. One way we can try to measure the level of fear in a given stock is through a technical analysis indicator called the Relative Strength Index, or RSI, which measures momentum on a scale of zero to 100. A stock is considered to be oversold if the RSI reading falls below 30.

In trading on Tuesday, shares of BlackBerry Ltd (NASD: BBRY) entered into oversold territory, hitting an RSI reading of 29.7, after changing hands as low as $7.24 per share. By comparison, the current RSI reading of the S&P 500 ETF (SPY) is 36.9. A bullish investor could look at BBRY�s 29.7 RSI reading today as a sign that the recent heavy selling is in the process of exhausting itself, and begin to look for entry point opportunities on the buy side. The chart below shows the one year performance of BBRY shares:

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-bbry-chart-sep-4.png.gif

Looking at the chart above, BBRY�s low point in its 52 week range is $5.96 per share, with $9.46 as the 52 week high point � that compares with a last trade of $7.26.

According to the ETF Finder at ETFChannel.com, BBRY makes up 3.11% of the First Trust Nasdaq Smartphone Index Fund ETF (NASD: FONE) which is trading lower by about 1.1% on the day Tuesday.

Forbes Welcome
    09-14-16 03:32 AM
    09-14-16 06:33 AM
    http://www.benzinga.com/analyst-rati...petitive-press

Trading at USD 2,73 now..

So PT 7 was initially his best-case scenario and PT 3 now his most conservative price, or how could an analyst otherwise justify such a price cut?

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by _dimi_; 09-14-16 at 09:20 AM.
    09-14-16 09:07 AM
    Competitive Pressures Sideline Wunderlich On MobileIron | Benzinga

Trading at USD 2,73 now..

So PT 7 was initially his best-case scenario and PT 3 now his most conservative price, or how could an analyst otherwise justify such a price cut?

Posted via CB10
    Hey guy,

The $ 7.00/shr target is an M&A target, it isn't based upon company specific metrics, BlackBerry has a 30% sequential growth in software, that's a metric, MOBL has nothing of the same. This analyst has decided to break from the pack and use a "times sales valuation" and that gives him $ 3.00/shr. MOBL should be trading at $ 2.20/shr with an M&A target of $ 3.00/shr. Then BlackBerry can look at it based upon synergies and $ 85 MM in cash on hand.

As for Prem Watsa and their holdings, the article is misleading, they only have 46.7 MM in actual shares and the bond issue.

"The outstanding 6.00% unsecured subordinated convertible debentures of Blackberry that were previously issued (November 13, 2013, and January 16, 2014) on a private placement basis for an aggregate subscription price of $1.00 billion and $250.00 million respectively were redeemed."

As stated above, all the bonds were redeemed, none were exercised and Prem purchased nothing in the open market. He is the largest shareholder and needs to be to get his cost per share down to $ 13.00. I knew he had to do something and I hoped he would buy those shares in the open market but he took the next issue with the effective 5.25% rate of return instead. Now we need to hear from Chen as to why he felt he needed to issue those expensive bonds at this stage. Perhaps the recovery is going too slow or he is shopping for something else? We'll see.

Trade Update: I'm shopping for more SPHS and it is getting away from me. As for BBRY, I won't buy more, it needs to find a bottom at RSI=30 and pop from here.
    09-14-16 10:39 AM
    09-14-16 01:46 PM
    Morgan, where is the support for BBRY? I'm waiting for the right time to buy!
    09-14-16 02:00 PM
    Morgan, where is the support for BBRY? I'm waiting for the right time to buy!
    BBRY has reached support at RSI = 30, plus, .... very light volume now ............. but you need to watch the general market and not BBRY. The DOW had better hold 18,000 or we will have some more downside. Small companies like BBRY lose their bids when the general market is soft. As soon as the DOW/S&P can show us a bottom, the broader market will see large bids come into the stock. If you watch BBRY, it is important that the bid volume is at least twice the size as the ask volume. Then you know it is a bottom. In addition, if the stock sits on support and can't bounce, it is more likely to be taking out the last of that support before it goes down. This isn't a bad market but it is a nervous one right now, Biotech is doing extremely well today in the face of a weak general market.
    Corbu, ZayDub, rarsen and 6 others like this.
    09-14-16 02:24 PM
    09-14-16 02:42 PM
    The Japan QNX/BTS Forum is a good place to showcase QNX technology. Japan has more robots in service than working people. I can't wait to see the future.

Unlike here in North America where people are coming up with ideas on how not to lose wireless ear phones that fall out of their ears when they move their heads a little. Pffff Apple.

Posted via CB10
    09-14-16 03:10 PM
    http://www.marketwired.com/press-rel...ry-2158538.htm

WATERLOO, ONTARIO--(Marketwired - Sept. 14, 2016) - BlackBerry Limited (NASDAQ:BBRY)(TSX:BB) will be reporting results for the second quarter of fiscal 2017 on September 28, 2016. A conference call and live webcast will be held beginning at 8 am ET, which can be accessed by dialing 1-844-309-0607 or by logging on at Investor Events - Canada.

A replay of the conference call will also be available at approximately 11 am ET by dialing 1-855-859-2056 or 1-404-537-3406 and entering Conference ID #68672235 or by clicking the link above.
    09-14-16 05:44 PM
113,256 ... 39793980398139823983 ...