View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1106. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

693 62.66%
  • No

413 37.34%
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares]-img_20160908_221428.png
    "...$1049 or $899 for the regular gold/rose gold/silver models and $1179/$1049 for the Black versions 😑😑😑

That's ridiculous. Your last gen iPhone is the same price as this gens phone...Ha.

That's the price of a new computer, two months mortgage for some folks, 3-4 months car payments, a vacation to London.

Bro...you're not that special."

I remember how much BlackBerry gets blamed for high price for Priv.
    Somethings I will never understand.

Posted Via blackberry passport.
    Corbu, ZayDub, CDM76 and 7 others like this.
    09-08-16 10:17 PM
    9am this morning....
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares]-img_20160908_093546.jpg

Posted via CB10
    09-09-16 12:31 AM
    No offense, but all the Canadian governments I'm aware of switched to bb /bes10 before most of the private sector. And I'm talking about all the biggest ones. What's happening is that BlackBerry (the company) is finally ending bb7 support so those old Bolds now have to be upgraded.

Posted via CB10
    Actually is a Cdn Gov dept. Apparently Shared Services had an issue moving us into the fold, with all the other depts, as our email client didn't play well with BB10. Although we didn't change email clients yet, we have finally moved to BB10. Too bad the Z30 isn't still available.....

Posted via the CrackBerry App on DTek50
    09-09-16 01:40 AM
    Actually is a Cdn Gov dept. Apparently Shared Services had an issue moving us into the fold, with all the other depts, as our email client didn't play well with BB10. Although we didn't change email clients yet, we have finally moved to BB10. Too bad the Z30 isn't still available.....

But you got a classic or pp?

Posted via my BlackBerry PRIV
    09-09-16 06:07 AM
    Everyone got Classics. Didn't even know they were coming. The old ones just stopped working and everyone had to hand them in. Couple days later these showed up.

theRock1975 likes this.
    09-09-16 06:33 AM
    Federal regulators say employees*at Wells Fargo (NYSE:WFC) created millions of fake bank accounts and credit card numbers over the past five years in an illegal bid to boost their sales figures. The bank has been fined $185M for the practices, including a record $100M by the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau. Wells Fargo has also fired at least 5,300 employees who were involved in the scam, sources told the*NYT

WTF! Big time. You need to throw them in jail.

Posted via my BlackBerry PRIV
    CDM76 likes this.
    09-09-16 07:22 AM
    Please share why you find this so humorous.
    Auto-persuasion can make weird things happen lol.

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares]-capture.png
    09-09-16 07:32 AM
    Auto-persuasion can make weird things happen lol.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture.PNG 
Views:	957 
Size:	56.2 KB 
ID:	408071
    Well that's embarrassing ...................... cheers.
    09-09-16 07:37 AM
    Some lite entertainment for a Friday

Passport on ATT or Priv on Verizon
    09-09-16 08:33 AM
    [info]Ok guys, please let's avoid storm in here and let alone the IP7 where it belongs (SWIDH)
    Thanks ![/info]
    howarmat, CDM76 and Dunt Dunt Dunt like this.
    09-09-16 08:49 AM
    Option trades:
    Seeing continued spread trades on a daily basis of a 2 for 1 trade. A seller of the Jan $7 CALLS for 2018 and buying 2x of the the Jan $8 CALLS for 2017.
    As I have explained before this is a way for a trader to finance the cost of the near term calls by selling longer dated calls. They believe the stock will be higher in the next few months.

Posted on my Priv
    morganplus8, CDM76, bbjdog and 8 others like this.
    09-09-16 11:55 AM
    I'm contemplating on buying more call options that expire in 2017 but I don't know if I should buy them now or wait a few days. Do you guys think the stock will continue to go down next week or will it stay close to the $7.50 range?
    09-09-16 12:22 PM

Gartner Critical Capabilities for High-Security Mobility Management

"Software is the New BlackBerry"
    09-09-16 07:51 PM
    It's Friday, the market sucked, and that's okay as I made my last leg of the journey home. 8 hours of no ****ing wind. All engine, and that old diesel is loud. Haha. On the bright side, it allowed for a couple of pics.

Sorry Morgan. No video of me coming in to dock. But, here's one with my morning coffee yesterday. Lol.

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares]-img_20160909_094234.jpg
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares]-img_20160909_114113.jpg
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares]-img_20160909_135010.jpg
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares]-img_20160909_143156.jpg
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares]-img_20160909_154356.jpg

Attachment 408098
    Last edited by cjcampbell; 09-09-16 at 08:20 PM.
    09-09-16 08:05 PM
    Debentures:
    We now know who the purchasers of BlackBerry's 3.75% unsecured subordinated convertible debentures (U.S.$605,000,000) are:

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares]-schedulea.png

Well... But for one!
    09-10-16 08:37 AM
    CJ - I won't re-post those pictures for fear of losing them but that's the highlight of my day, following you around deep water! Thanks for that and consider giving us your "charts" for your next trip, forget about BBRY! Okay I'm kidding about that ......................

The BBRY Golden Cross - yes, we did see the 50-dma pass up through the 200-dma on Friday, (Thursday they were even) but the benefit of that TA indicator was lost on the general markets and the massive sell-off. You will note that the IBB Index did the same thing this week, it caused biotech stocks to rally to nice heights only to see the same Index fall hard, below both major lines in fact. HALO and many others broke below their key levels on Friday as well. The good news is that 50/200-dma's are long running Indexes and one day does not make a market. I would look for them to mount a comeback after we base out early next week.

BBRY - the best time to start a position in a stock is at major support, yesterday we saw BBRY touch its 50-dma ($ 7.45/shr) for a moment and then rally to "even" on the day while the DOW/S&P dropped hard. The stock is showing signs of bottoming out here and if the general market had not tanked it would have been a positive day for the stock. And so the logical point to place a bet is at the 50-dma on Monday. If the stock tests that level again, you would be a buyer of options/stock.

The BBRY Debt - its no surprise that Prem needed to roll his entire bond investment into the next series as his stock purchase price average is way too high. With the bonds he resumes his dollar cost averaging down to the $ 13.00/shr level and is protected against an acquisition. What's more interesting in that list is the absence of names in the prior issue so it would be worthwhile to see how many of Manu Life's Funds re-invested or rolled their bonds like Prem did. There were no surprises here, if any of the new owners are first time owners, that would be interesting and I don't have the time to figure that out!

In all, a bad finish to a great week, let's regroup on Monday and resume the rally.
    09-10-16 10:13 AM
    [B]CJ[/BBBRY - the best time to start a position in a stock is at major support, yesterday we saw BBRY touch its 50-dma ($ 7.45/shr) for a moment and then rally to "even" on the day while the DOW/S&P dropped hard. The stock is showing signs of bottoming out here and if the general market had not tanked it would have been a positive day for the stock. And so the logical point to place a bet is at the 50-dma on Monday. If the stock tests that level again, you would be a buyer of options/stock.

In all, a bad finish to a great week, let's regroup on Monday and resume the rally.

Morgan, I was feeling the same way yesterday and even requested pre-clearance from the employer to buy some more BlackBerry stock when I saw it hit 7.44 for a brief period. Unfortunately by the time the approval was granted and I was able to check again during the workday, it was already rebounding into the high 7.50s.

I'm posting this comment bc I remember thinking to myself that I didn't know the TA levels, but that 7.44 price just seemed like a bargain considering everything that's happening and where we've been price wise lately. I purchased a lot w/in the last wk or so in the 7.60 range too which is around my cost basis for the entire position currently.

Anyways, cheers to more positive news for us overall and I hope all the great people of this thread are doing well. Enjoy your weekend gang!

BBM Channel: C002165D3 Tour 9630 > Bold 9650 > Q10 > Playbook > Classic AND Passport SE!!!
    09-10-16 11:52 AM
    OT: GOOD and BES

Anyone here know if Microsoft dynamic CRM available for BYOD on android or IOS?
    My understanding from the BlackBerry website they do support but I wanted to know if anyone here is using it or know someone is.

Thanks in advance.

Posted via CB10 on my BlackBerry Passport
    09-11-16 02:14 PM
    I was thinking about adding to my BBRY position, but I'm unsure. I feel like earnings in two weeks will either be real positive or real disappointing. Not like last quarter which was very mixed. Hmmmmmm What to doooooooooooo
    alludba likes this.
    09-11-16 05:52 PM
    I was thinking about adding to my BBRY position, but I'm unsure. I feel like earnings in two weeks will either be real positive or real disappointing. Not like last quarter which was very mixed. Hmmmmmm What to doooooooooooo
    Just my opinion of course, but I don't see it being disappointing. Software IS going to grow and hardware shouldn't be much worse, with discounted Privs and a full month of Dtek50 sales, plus whatever impact Radar has. Throw in an announcement (I'd say we're due) and we get a nice little surprise!

We should see a recovery from Friday which will bump us up a bit

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    09-11-16 07:47 PM
    Reminder:

Q2 Quarter End: August 31, 2016
    Reporting Date: September 28, 2016
    09-11-16 08:37 PM
    https://www.ft.com/content/05b5efa4-...8-b372cdb1043a

If you can't see article try searching 'bitcoin banks security' and click through from there...

Essentially saying due to recent cyber attacks, banks are getting more concerned about implementing blockchain technology. As I understand it the attacks occur not because of weaknesses with blockchain, but with the 'teething code' around it and the use of new code required to integrate it into systems.

Just reminded me of BlackBerry's CHACE program for code that prememptively defends against cyber attacks, and how BlackBerry could use this to boost its role as the Internet of things 'Bouncer'/ go-to security consultant.

Posted via CB10
    rarsen and theRock1975 like this.
    09-12-16 03:51 AM
    Looks like there may be some interesting times ahead..

http://business.financialpost.com/in...d-angst-builds

"Financial markets have been jolted out of a period of calm by an uptick in concern over the outlook for central bank policies."

"What has changed is the markets comfort with the assumption that central banks will be providing sufficient liquidity support for a rally, said Ken Peng, an Asian investment strategist at Citi Private Bank in Hong Kong."

09-12-16 07:33 AM
    http://www.insidermonkey.com/blog/bl...nsider+Monkey)

According to this article, Fairfax nearly doubled its stake?! What is going on here.. look at the summary table at the end of the article? Plus he's allowed to convert the debt into shares at any time before 2020, while BlackBerry only has the option to redeem at maturity. Is he taking it private?

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by _dimi_; 09-12-16 at 09:30 AM.
    09-12-16 09:19 AM
    Short interest update
    as of Aug 15 ------------ 54.1M

as of Aug 31 ----------- 57.1M

Increase of about 3M

Posted on my Priv
    Corbu, rarsen, masterful and 5 others like this.
    09-12-16 03:05 PM
105,473 ... 39783979398039813982 ...