View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Just saw a Z10 commercial on NBC watching the Bruins-Pens game. Probably not the big of deal to many but it brought a nice smile to my face knowing how we'll all be looking back at our insane emotional roller coaster 2 years from now.

I'm hoping this ER and the next will make my upcoming college graduation that much more enjoyable.
    Superfly_FR and bungaboy like this.
    03-17-13 01:25 PM
    Just saw a Z10 commercial on NBC watching the Bruins-Pens game. Probably not the big of deal to many but it brought a nice smile to my face knowing how we'll all be looking back at our insane emotional roller coaster 2 years from now.

I'm hoping this ER and the next will make my upcoming college graduation that much more enjoyable.
    Yes. It is good to see.
    03-17-13 01:27 PM
    This data has nothing to do with Q4. It is concerning Q3 only.

BlackBerry Maker discloses losses smaller than expected

...and the shares start the week in the green

Honestly though, these earnings may sound very much like December's ER but with greater losses of BIS, fewer subscribers, and significantly lower BB 7 sales. Despite some positive news on the BB10 sales it is quite likely there will be concerns raised about the rate of loss during this transition period.
    03-17-13 01:29 PM
    Hi Morgan; do you think that our safety net is $14.75 - $14.68 tomorrow? It looks like tomorrow could either 1. rally to $16.14 to form the top of the cup, create a handle, and do a bullish setup pre-ER, or 2. breaks below $14.95, which means breaking the parallel trend line to test the symmetrical triangle trend line with the range of $14.75 - $14.68, or 3. we got big news, and it could rally to $16.45 - $16.50. I am undecided for a good entry price; thinking of $15, but am concerned that it'll break that symmetrical trend line. Just a novice attempt here.

Chart: The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-screen-shot-2013-03-17-3.15.06-pm.jpg
    Shanerredflag and _dimi_ like this.
    03-17-13 02:20 PM
    This data has nothing to do with Q4. It is concerning Q3 only.
    I know. However, this one may not sound terribly different. It's an ER during the company's transition with a series of positives and negatives.

Let's just hope the positives outweigh the negatives this time.
    03-17-13 02:31 PM
    Looks as though Verizon will not be selling the HTC One.

Confirmed: HTC One not coming to Verizon in the USA - GSMArena.com news

HTC USA has confirmed via its official Twitter account that HTC One won't be available on Verizon's networks. It also suggests to check the HTC DROID DNA instead, if you are into Verizon.

@cizzlen The HTC One will not be available on the Verizon network, but have you seen the awesome, #DROIDDNA? https://t.co/8Xkyyd2t5sFri Mar 15 19:28:23 via SocialEngage HTC USA
    HTCUSA

It seems the recently announced Galaxy S4 will be a competitor short on the Verizon's network. The DROID DNA is surely a powerful smartphone - it is powered by the quad-core Snapdragon S4 Pro chipset and comes with a 5.0" 1080p display, but it's been around for four months already and, let's face it - the DROID DNA is not as beautiful as the One.

On a positive note, the DROID DNA will be updated with Android 4.2 Jelly Bean and will get the HTC Sense UI 5.0, which premiered with the HTC One.

A few days ago we informed you of possible production bottlenecks for some of the HTC One components. The good news is those won't affect the US release date for the carriers, which will get it - AT&T, Sprint and T-Mobile. While a fixed date has not been announced yet, it might as well be this very month.
    bungaboy likes this.
    03-17-13 02:39 PM
    Looks as though Verizon will not be selling the HTC One.

Confirmed: HTC One not coming to Verizon in the USA - GSMArena.com news

HTC USA has confirmed via its official Twitter account that HTC One won't be available on Verizon's networks. It also suggests to check the HTC DROID DNA instead, if you are into Verizon.

@cizzlen The HTC One will not be available on the Verizon network, but have you seen the awesome, #DROIDDNA? https://t.co/8Xkyyd2t5sFri Mar 15 19:28:23 via SocialEngage HTC USA
    HTCUSA

It seems the recently announced Galaxy S4 will be a competitor short on the Verizon's network. The DROID DNA is surely a powerful smartphone - it is powered by the quad-core Snapdragon S4 Pro chipset and comes with a 5.0" 1080p display, but it's been around for four months already and, let's face it - the DROID DNA is not as beautiful as the One.

On a positive note, the DROID DNA will be updated with Android 4.2 Jelly Bean and will get the HTC Sense UI 5.0, which premiered with the HTC One.

A few days ago we informed you of possible production bottlenecks for some of the HTC One components. The good news is those won't affect the US release date for the carriers, which will get it - AT&T, Sprint and T-Mobile. While a fixed date has not been announced yet, it might as well be this very month.
    I'm wondering whether any of these new phones will have to wait 2 or 3 months the same way the Z10 did.
    bungaboy likes this.
    03-17-13 02:43 PM
    It will be extremely interesting to see how the subs are disclosed considering they changed the way they are calculating subscribers for the 4th quarter and all subsequent quarters...

Based on the BB7 launches that took place early in Q4 (Mexico, India, Indonesia), I'm pretty bullish on existing BB7 sales. The real wildcard here is the "shipment" number of Z10s, as they command a substantially higher ASP leading to improved gross margins for the bottom line.

I know. However, this one may not sound terribly different. It's an ER during the company's transition with a series of positives and negatives.

Let's just hope the positives outweigh the negatives this time.
    Last edited by fedakd; 03-17-13 at 03:05 PM.
    bungaboy and BBInPlay like this.
    03-17-13 02:44 PM
    It will be extremely interesting to see how the subs are disclosed considering they changed the way they are calculating subscribers for the 4th quarter and all subsequent quarters...

Based on the BB7 launches that took place early in Q4 (Mexico, India, Indonesia), I'm pretty bullish on existing BB7 sales. The real wildcard here is the "shipment" number of Z10s, as they command a substantially higher ASP leading to improved gross margins for the bottom line.

I would love to see some amazing numbers. Something none of us expect. Anything under 1 million will be terrible but it will take 1.5 million + to really impress and by recently announcing an order of 1 million, going towards next quarter, certainly supports sales going forward.
    Last edited by Charles Martin1; 03-17-13 at 03:24 PM.
    fedakd likes this.
    03-17-13 03:08 PM
    Just saw, for the first time a Z10 advertising on the first channel here (TF1).
    Good sign...

Posted via CB10
    03-17-13 03:43 PM
    Here are some intersting numbers:

Facebook Likes
    BlackBerry - 25,374,883
    Samsung - 16,163,298
    iphone - 3,139,952

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-scrapbook_2013-03-17_13.39.26.jpg

Can't really read to much into these numbers without seeing previous numbers to compare with.
    If the like numbers for BB doubled recently then it would be an indication that their marketing campaign was a huge success.
    Anyone have any idea why BB numbers so high, and iphone numbers are so low.
    03-17-13 03:47 PM
    I am new to stock market, bought some bbry, i have been checking the post on this site on daily basis, it gave me some knowledge, thank you for that. But lately, you guys are not talking about the stocks! I would like to know the prediction for the tomorrow? Please and thank you
    03-17-13 03:48 PM
    I see commercials on CNBC all the time during the trading hours but nothing outside of that, which might change now the US launch is approaching and the Keep Moving advert has allegedly started making the rounds.

The Indonesian launch has gone well BlackBerry Z10 launched in Indonesia - YouTube
    bungaboy and Acumenight like this.
    03-17-13 03:54 PM
    I am new to stock market, bought some bbry, i have been checking the post on this site on daily basis, it gave me some knowledge, thank you for that. But lately, you guys are not talking about the stocks! I would like to know the prediction for the tomorrow? Please and thank you
    Welcome aboard
    No predications from me
    If it drops in the morning I will pick up more shares
    If it doesn't I will ride with what I got
    I am long BBRY and very bullish
    BlackistheBerry and bungaboy like this.
    03-17-13 04:03 PM
    If we knew whats going to happen tomorrow, we would all be millionaires The movement of the stock is not purely based on charts (historical data) but also on the outside environment (competitors, news, overall market sentiment etc.) Almost everything that we discuss here (including the hilarious S4 event or that provider will not be selling HTC) is relevant. Most we can do is take all of that information into the account when 'predicting' how will the share price react.

The success of the investor is not based on listening what others do or say, but their own research, never forget that.
    03-17-13 04:07 PM

Facebook Likes
    BlackBerry - 25,374,883
    Samsung - 16,163,298
    iphone - 3,139,952

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Scrapbook_2013-03-17_13.39.26.jpg 
Views:	859 
Size:	60.3 KB 
ID:	141953

Can't really read to much into these numbers without seeing previous numbers to compare with.
    If the like numbers for BB doubled recently then it would be an indication that their marketing campaign was a huge success.
    I think that BlackBerry has always been at the top, not positive though. The reason that I "liked" BlackBerry, subscribed to their YouTube channel, and "follow" them on twitter, is because they give out good content. Their BlackBerry keep moving project is a joy to watch, and I feel like they are doing a good job in the way they are doing social media.. They are never really trying to "sell" you anything.. They just give you useful and enjoyable information/content. Not to mention, I kind of WANT people to know that I'm a BlackBerry person.. I feel like people with iPhones and Galaxy's don't necessarily care if people know what type of phone they have.. They just kind of use the phone as it is, and upgrade to the newest device once their select company releases a new one.. They don't really want additional information. BlackBerry is always giving tips and tricks about the phone that some people may have never been aware of, and other things. Because the BlackBerry OS has always had so many hidden features, BB has been able to use this to their advantage when informing people about their phone VIA social media.

It could also be a sign that BlackBerry people are more socially connected which is something that they always mention at their keynotes.. So those who use BlackBerry are more apt to "like, follow, and subscribe" because we are already more socially connected than the competitors. Also, to be fair, you should have posted the link to "Apple" which has 8.8m likes, because the iPhone would be equivalent to BlackBerry making a page like "BlackBerry Bold" or something.

ALSO --> Samsung Mobile USA FaceBook has 23 million likes, which is much closer to BlackBerry. Seems like they have like 5 seperate FaceBook pages, and that's why its a bit confusing, but Samsung has a good 65+ million "likes" collectively across all of their pages. http://www.facebook.com/SamsungMobileUSA?fref=ts
    03-17-13 05:13 PM

Facebook Likes
    BlackBerry - 25,374,883
    Samsung - 16,163,298
    iphone - 3,139,952

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Scrapbook_2013-03-17_13.39.26.jpg 
Views:	859 
Size:	60.3 KB 
ID:	141953

Boulben at work. Told you the guy was a must. We are right in the plan (with late US launch adaptation) social media is one of the top key. And yes, the RIM BlackBerry story is about to be written in books now im pretty sure. Dudes, these guys are good...
    Who would have say a German and a French would have lead the strike back?

Posted via CB10
    03-17-13 05:17 PM
    This week will be news-driven, (and will drift down in absence of news) and next week will go up in anticipation of selling the news of the ER.

Keep in mind my last prediction turned out to completely miss the mark
    I think over the next 2 weeks it will be almost all news driven. I will look for the bears/shorts to beat up BBRY on the Canadian price cuts (if true or not) and US pre-orders and launch and then to absolutely try to drive down the stock at ER no matter what is announced. I hope they fail, but I must say here in the northeast US I see absolutely no buzz about BB10. Mine is pre-ordered and I am excited to get it but I seem like I am just yelling into the wind. I hope this is not true, but I would fear the shorts machine right now. A while ago I posted that I wasn't ready to invest but if forced I would absolutely go long, but right now if I was forced to invest, I'd flip a coin. The market has absorbed a ton of good/great news with little upside and this would scare me. I hope I am wrong. GLTA
    03-17-13 05:58 PM
    I think over the next 2 weeks it will be almost all news driven. I will look for the bears/shorts to beat up BBRY on the Canadian price cuts (if true or not) and US pre-orders and launch and then to absolutely try to drive down the stock at ER no matter what is announced. I hope they fail, but I must say here in the northeast US I see absolutely no buzz about BB10. Mine is pre-ordered and I am excited to get it but I seem like I am just yelling into the wind. I hope this is not true, but I would fear the shorts machine right now. A while ago I posted that I wasn't ready to invest but if forced I would absolutely go long, but right now if I was forced to invest, I'd flip a coin. The market has absorbed a ton of good/great news with little upside and this would scare me. I hope I am wrong. GLTA
    One thing that always seems to remain true in the market is that when something is out of wack it will eventually correct itself.
    03-17-13 07:11 PM
    I would be surprised if they managed to ship more than one million BlackBerry 10 phones. That would mean over 500k for UK and Canada each.

Posted via CB10
    03-17-13 07:52 PM
    No it wouldn't. There were other markets launched in Q4.

Posted via CB10
    03-17-13 08:26 PM
    I am still waiting to see details of their China launch plans, definitely a market that needs to be addressed for long term success on a global scale.
    Shanerredflag likes this.
    03-17-13 08:31 PM
    TMobile US is supposed to launch the Z10 on March 27; just one day, before ER. If this holds true, then I hope, market movers would consider this as a catalyst to catapult the stock. With the international launches from January 30 - end of February, there has to be a good amount of sold units that beat the estimates.
    Shanerredflag likes this.
    03-17-13 08:38 PM
    Interesting interview of Thorsten in Australia had this tidbit:

�In the context of the financial viability of the company that is where I shake my head sometimes and wonder what everyone is talking about. The company has no debt, I will report pretty good cash position by the end of March in my earnings call, so I think we did a really diligent job in, not just keeping the company afloat, but also bringing it back to health,� Mr Heins said.

http://www.afr.com/p/technology/blackberry_chief_lays_news_survival_eDD7I35OesjnkE Y5anJlZP
    03-17-13 09:41 PM
    Interesting interview of Thorsten in Australia had this tidbit:

“In the context of the financial viability of the company that is where I shake my head sometimes and wonder what everyone is talking about. The company has no debt, I will report pretty good cash position by the end of March in my earnings call, so I think we did a really diligent job in, not just keeping the company afloat, but also bringing it back to health,” Mr Heins said.
    Helping out with this link to the article, it was originally posted by sonbuster in its own thread. A MUST read cause he talks about a heck of a lot more than the quote captured by Take99. I've actually read it 3 times now and am shocked at a couple of things he elaborates on. Hope the N/A media picks it up in the a.m. It's got the potential to cause bit of a stir. Quite a bit of a stir actually. What a classy way to blow off steam btw...in the middle of it all giving credit to Apple where credit is due. Wow.

BlackBerry chief lays out survival plan and says iPhone is old news
    Last edited by Markymark 23; 03-17-13 at 10:30 PM.
    03-17-13 10:08 PM
113,256 ... 394395396397398 ...