View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1106. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

693 62.66%
  • No

413 37.34%
    JC has been more active on Twitter, lately...

06-30-16 12:49 PM
    Corbu!

You've successfully opened a direct line of communication from this humble thread to Blackberry's management. Well done, sir! Thank you!
    CDM76, KuroKei, La Emperor and 9 others like this.
    06-30-16 12:57 PM
    Why My Smartphone Is the #1 Tool in My Zombie Apocalypse Survival Kit

http://blogs.blackberry.com/2016/06/...-survival-kit/

I had to do a double take. If BlackBerry is hinting toward a Zombie Apocalypse, then perhaps the last run of BB10 devices will integrate 'other' means of protection.

Leap will employ razor edges that can be thrown like a Ninja Star.
    PRIV will slide up to a Stilletto style switchblade.
    Classic will use the headphone jack to blow poison zombie darts.
    You will also notice that the Passport will read "This side toward enemy" under the BlackBerry logo.

Just warming up for the long weekend folks.
    06-30-16 01:25 PM

Published on Jun 30, 2016
    In the most critical situations, the world trusts BlackBerry.

BlackBerry has a proud history of connecting people through secure mobile communications at work and at play. But the true measure of our technology—and the thing we’re most passionate about—is the reassuring response it provides under extraordinary circumstances. One of our UX designers made this video to honor and illustrate that legacy. It was just shown at a company meeting and employees loved it so much that they asked if we could share it with everyone. After all, when we say ‘together’, we include BlackBerry customers, employees, and everyone who has been with us on this decades-long journey to connect and protect the world. We’re honored to continue that journey with you.
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares]-bb.png
    Last edited by Corbu; 06-30-16 at 03:20 PM.
    06-30-16 03:05 PM
    Tank you Corbu !!!
    And thank you Mr. Mystery too !

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    Corbu, rarsen, Mr BBRY and 1 others like this.
    06-30-16 04:03 PM
    I wouldn't bet on that. Unless we talk about carrier specific model (At&T ?) this is absolutely the opposite direction of what I've been told in person by Enterprises pre-sales director in Paris a few weeks ago. There is no equivalent (device wise) today to BB10 security and the stronger offer they have is clearly BB10 + Good Suites + BES.

Asked my contact at BlackBerry to comment ... get ready for a "We stand committed ..."
    Follow-up, with a BlackBerry official statement :
    Note : bold and underline are mine.

Will you stop producing Classic and Leap smartphones? How will you support your loyal customers in the enterprise and regulated industries?

BlackBerrys device strategy is based on a cross-platform model where well continue to support our BlackBerry 10 platform while expanding our device offering to include Android-based devices. In the near-term, were are focused on software updates for BlackBerry 10, with version 10.3.3 scheduled for next month, and a second update to follow next year. Our 10.3.3 update, is under review to be certified for NIAP compliance this means BB10 will have passed the strictest government-grade security certifications. This achievement will enable us to further support our government and regulated customers who use BB10 devices and demand the highest levels of security.

While the manufacturing cycle will cease for some BlackBerry 10 smartphones, as a normal industry cycle, customers can continue to purchase our Classic and Leap devices unlocked online. Were actively supporting sales of our BlackBerry Passport smartphone to partners and customers in most markets. And for customers choosing our Android devices as their next smartphone, there will be a seamless transition, including special hardware/software bundles, and without compromising security of their mobile operations or integration to the most secure enterprise platforms.

We believe that being truly cross platform from supporting the BB10 software platform our customers have come to trust and use, to the recent success weve seen with our secure Android devices will allow us to best serve our customers across the world.
    Not surprising, but may have to be repeated.
    07-01-16 04:21 AM
    07-01-16 07:38 AM
    07-01-16 09:30 AM
    BlackBerry is tripling its Android efforts in the coming year despite the reports of lackluster sales of the Priv, its first Android smartphone.

>>>Related articles:
    http://www.valuewalk.com/2016/07/bla...three-android/

BBM Channel: C002165D3 Tour 9630 > Bold 9650 > Q10 > Playbook > Classic AND Passport SE!!!
    07-01-16 10:36 AM
    BlackBerry is tripling its Android efforts in the coming year despite the reports of lackluster sales of the Priv, its first Android smartphone.
    Followed the link on that article to The Verge article on same. For the iVerge the comments were decently positive for BlackBerry.
    morganplus8, Corbu, ZayDub and 2 others like this.
    07-01-16 01:01 PM
    Happy CANADA DAY!!!!

Here is a nice on topic, monkey eating the black berries.

Monkey Eating Berries Stock Footage Video | Getty Images
    07-01-16 02:34 PM
    To close the 'debate'.

BlackBerry has not informed Verizon or AT&T that BlackBerry 10 devices have been discontinued

http://crackberry.com/us-senate-staffers-blackberry

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    Corbu, theRock1975, rarsen and 2 others like this.
    07-01-16 04:10 PM
    For those who thing Blackberry should join the auto pilot ????.

http://mobile.abc.net.au/news/2016-0...opilot/7560126

Posted via my BlackBerry Passport
    Corbu, rarsen and morganplus8 like this.
    07-01-16 04:19 PM
    The thing is autopilot is a great application for QNX. The application suits the design very well.

There are going to be accidents with auto cars. The question is do computers crash more or less often than people do. I think it's early to tell, but the tech will improve over time while humans largely don't.

I've "driven" about 2 hours in autopilot mode in friends' Teslas. It is a very nice feature, and it would help tremendously with traffic if more people used it.
    iamagod and 3MIKE like this.
    07-01-16 04:37 PM
    The thing is autopilot is a great application for QNX. The application suits the design very well.

There are going to be accidents with auto cars. The question is do computers crash more or less often than people do. I think it's early to tell, but the tech will improve over time while humans largely don't.

I've "driven" about 2 hours in autopilot mode in friends' Teslas. It is a very nice feature, and it would help tremendously with traffic if more people used it.
    Thanks for your input! But I don't trust my wife and kids when they drive, how on earth will I trust a computer!!!!!!

Take your life in your own hands, but Don't but the general public life in the hands of a computer.

Last edited by bbjdog; 07-01-16 at 06:26 PM.
    CDM76 likes this.
    07-01-16 04:42 PM
    07-01-16 04:43 PM
    How many people die every day in car accidents? How many people have died with a computer driving the vehicle?

Yeah, I'll take computers driving all the cars over being on the road with other people driving.

Posted via CB10
    CDM76, iamagod and 3MIKE like this.
    07-01-16 04:57 PM
    foxdog0007, rarsen, bbjdog and 1 others like this.
    07-01-16 05:03 PM
    Thanks Corbu! I can see a muzzle put on articles like these after settlement. Lol

Last edited by bbjdog; 07-01-16 at 06:11 PM.
    07-01-16 05:59 PM
    How many people die every day in car accidents? How many people have died with a computer driving the vehicle?

Yeah, I'll take computers driving all the cars over being on the road with other people driving.

Posted via CB10
    I can see where your bias lies!!!!

How many cars with autopilot on the road(people actually using it)?

Use that number to start the count until you reach world population in automobile. To me it sounds like a big number.

Last edited by bbjdog; 07-02-16 at 02:00 PM.
    Bacon Munchers likes this.
    07-01-16 06:00 PM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	vanessas-law-canada.jpg 
Views:	368 
Size:	110.1 KB 
ID:	403234
    You do realize that the maple leaf will soon be replaced by a marijuana leaf, right?
    bbjdog and 3MIKE like this.
    07-02-16 04:19 PM
    For those who thing Blackberry should join the auto pilot ????.

http://mobile.abc.net.au/news/2016-0...opilot/7560126

I vote that we wait for what is being used to totally crash and burn, and then QNX become the industry standard by default.
    Aside from the 'glitches', how long before the hacks begin?

If QNX doesn't become the underlying standard by 2020, I'll eat a bug.
    07-02-16 04:25 PM

Seriously ? You don't think they have ?

Posted via CB10
    07-02-16 05:26 PM
    I vote that we wait for what is being used to totally crash and burn, and then QNX become the industry standard by default.

If QNX doesn't become the underlying standard by 2020, I'll eat a bug.
    Prevention is better than cure

Posted via CB10
    07-03-16 04:58 AM
105,649 ... 39433944394539463947 ...