Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Thanks Corbu

I saw it yet.

If we cannot speak of results in an AGM, of what could we speak? They can't give us results before the street, am I right?

Posted via CB10
    06-17-16 09:10 AM
    Hi Christophe,

I believe you will find many answers here:
    SEC Document

BLACKBERRY LIMITED
    Notice of Annual and Special Meeting of the Shareholders

NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN THAT the Annual and Special Meeting of the shareholders (the “Meeting”) of BlackBerry Limited (the “Company”) will be held on June 22, 2016, at the Humanities Theatre, University of Waterloo, 200 University Avenue West, Waterloo, Ontario N2L 3G1, at 10:00 a.m. (Eastern Daylight Time) for the following purposes:

1. TO RECEIVE and consider the consolidated financial statements of the Company for the fiscal year ended February 29, 2016 and the auditor’s report thereon;
    2. TO ELECT the directors of the Company;
    3. TO RE-APPOINT the auditors of the Company and to authorize the board of directors to fix the auditors’ remuneration;
    4. TO CONSIDER an ordinary resolution to ratify unallocated entitlements under the Company’s Equity Incentive Plan;
    5. TO CONSIDER an advisory (non-binding) resolution on executive compensation; and
    6. TO TRANSACT such further and other business as may properly come before the Meeting or any adjournment or adjournments thereof.

Details of the foregoing transactions are contained in the accompanying management information circular. The management information circular is deemed to form part of this notice.

[...]
    06-17-16 09:30 AM
    Thanks Corbu, that's now clear for me !

I was on the way to buy a couple of C/P options.

Posted via CB10
    Corbu likes this.
    06-17-16 09:39 AM
  4. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    Hi Christophe,

SEC Document
    Thanks Corbu.. Think I won't waste my time driving down for this... although I always like visiting the campus of University of Waterloo...

Posted via CB10
    Corbu likes this.
    06-17-16 09:55 AM
    Hopefully they will announce that BlackBerry will be allowed to sell CDMA/Verizon phones directly.

Posted via CB10
    It's not a matter of being "allowed" to sell Verizon compatible devcies...

True, usually if Verizon agrees to take on a device... they place restrictions on the sell of CDMA devcies to protect their pricing structures. Bet AT&T is having a hard time selling PRIV's at full price right now. With the Z30 Verizon was selling it for $499 right up till the removed it from the line up late last year.

But Verizon is now open, you can bring any device to their network... if it works on their network. Latest Nexus devcies are compatible, as are many others. The vendor just has to be willing to pay for and build those devcies.... reason the Passport didn't see a CDMA version, was BlackBerry choice.
    06-17-16 09:58 AM
    Hi Christophe,

SEC Document
    So in other words, since shareholders can receive and review thee financial results at the meeting, if the results are bad, wall street would start the knife stabbings on 6/22 with twisting of the knife on 6/23?

Only half joking here.

Posted via CB10
    06-17-16 10:00 AM
    Guys, since I did it by heart, there was some approximation or errors here and there, so please consider the bolded sections below as edited. Sorry !

Hi guys,
    I had a presentation at BlackBerry's France office on Tuesday with Jean-Philippe Combe (Enterprises pre-sales director). The goal was to get a better picture of Enterprises positioning and Services/Products comprehension.

First, let me put this straight : most of you know it all so, it's basically only a confirmation.
    - Yes BlackBerry IS an Enterprise software and services (first) oriented
    - Yes, BlackBerry 10 will remain as there's no equivalent offering in competition on the security side of things (short : balance is a whole environment V.S containerization + You need full access to the OS if you want "end to end")
    - Yes, Priv is the most secure option on the Android route but as of date, it's not as strong as BB10

On the offering, some general reminders :
    - BES is dedicated to Management. Its is the one stop place to manage devices (mobiles, desktops, tablets, IoT's (cars ...)). A unified management console where all the BlackBerry offering is handled.
    - SOME services/software offers can be (as of date) installed either under BES umbrella or as stand alone products. This should change progressively in the next releases and all will be sitting on BES (to offer a better experience and enhance horizontal (cross-Services) communications.
    - BES Cloud is offering the same capabilities than On-premise installations. Biggest clients will prefer generally on premise (or mixed) setups as it will avoid transfers of sensitive contents (each transfer is a threat, whatever your security level is) and moreover, the costs delta (in house servers and admin, maintenance, support ...) for these type of clients is like the "line thickness" (mhooo : neglectable) compared to the whole project.
    - SecuSmart IS alive ! (sorry, I didn't heard about them for a while, so ... in case you were wondering )
    - BlackBerry Secure Workspace will be replaced by the Good Secure EMM suites, migration is on its way on a per client basis.

On progress
    - Magic quadrant "Leader" position is a very, VERY important milestone and acknowledges all the acquisitions and integration work done in the past months. (Remember it's been only months !)

My "you won't probably reply" questions :
    - What if BlackBerry went/goes the "Cyanogen mod" route ? =>
    - Some words about relationships with Microsoft ? => Well, you can now setup BES on Azure ! - Aha, I meant about deeper relationships =>
    - Some words about relationships with Google ? => (lol, I did try, they're strong !)
    - Priv pricing: isn't that a bit high considering the wide Android offering ? => It's not really intended to compete for individuals that do not focus on security, it's intended for those (enterprises) who do. Price delta is inherent to extra security (encoded chips, etc.) so you cannot compare on specs or design only.

Voila. Just a few words and my final thought : They know where they are and, furthermore, where they're leading to. And yes, given the answers I had, I'm now confident enough (again) to build my BlackBerry based project in the coming months ... stay tuned !

Have a great day gang !
    06-17-16 10:22 AM
    It's not a matter of being "allowed" to sell Verizon compatible devcies...

True, usually if Verizon agrees to take on a device... they place restrictions on the sell of CDMA devcies to protect their pricing structures. Bet AT&T is having a hard time selling PRIV's at full price right now. With the Z30 Verizon was selling it for $499 right up till the removed it from the line up late last year.

But Verizon is now open, you can bring any device to their network... if it works on their network. Latest Nexus devcies are compatible, as are many others. The vendor just has to be willing to pay for and build those devcies.... reason the Passport didn't see a CDMA version, was BlackBerry choice.
    Seeems like revisionist history to me. Weren't the reports at the time that BlackBerry had a CDMA Passport that BlackBerry was testing, but since VZW didn't pick it up, there was no point in making one because they couldn't sell it? I'm guessing here, but aren't virtually all initial sales of a device sold by the carrier or by third parties WITH a carrier plan? If so, how is it BlackBerry's choice?

If Verizon is "now open" when did the "now" start? I haven't seen any news of them becoming like T-Mobile in terms of bringing your own device.

Posted via CB10
    06-17-16 10:24 AM
    06-17-16 11:27 AM
    Seeems like revisionist history to me. Weren't the reports at the time that BlackBerry had a CDMA Passport that BlackBerry was testing, but since VZW didn't pick it up, there was no point in making one because they couldn't sell it? I'm guessing here, but aren't virtually all initial sales of a device sold by the carrier or by third parties WITH a carrier plan? If so, how is it BlackBerry's choice?

If Verizon is "now open" when did the "now" start? I haven't seen any news of them becoming like T-Mobile in terms of bringing your own device.

Posted via CB10
    You are free to bring your own device to Verizon now. Just not that many compatible devcies on the market.

But the Nexus 6P is compatible with Verizon and never sold by Verizon... know three people that own them.
    Also ZTE make one, as I have a friend that has it working on Verizon. Huge thing, more tablet than phone.

Might be that with the Passport (that was almost two years ago now), that Verizon had not opened the door yet to other devcies. But with the Rome and Hamburg if these aren't picked up by Verizon, BlackBerry will be free to have them made with compatibility for Verizon's networks.

But then over on Android Central they were using the PRIV without CDMA on Verizon without issues.... probable depends on the market and the LTE coverage there.
    06-17-16 12:02 PM
    You are free to bring your own device to Verizon now. Just not that many compatible devcies on the market.

But the Nexus 6P is compatible with Verizon and never sold by Verizon... know three people that own them.
    Also ZTE make one, as I have a friend that has it working on Verizon. Huge thing, more tablet than phone.
    This was discussed last year by Raino in the Verizon Wireless forum on CB. Check out:

The Nexus 6 worked because it had been approved by Verizon, but they may not have started selling it at the same time as the others. So since the approvals were in and the phone had the requisite bands for Verizon (obviously--it's necessary for approval,) it was just a matter of IMEI provisioning.

BB could make a Verizon-friendly Passport tomorrow--CDMA and all--but if Verizon doesn't approve the device for use on their (CDMA voice) networks, it would be a paperweight.

No, it won't work. No CDMA bands plus non-approved device.

voLTE can't get here soon enough. But I fully expect Verizon to somehow throw up roadblocks even then.

So, back to your point, it isn't BlackBerry's choice. Lack of CDMA BlackBerry phones is on the carriers that use CDMA.

Posted via CB10
    Corbu, morganplus8 and rarsen like this.
    06-17-16 04:31 PM
  12. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    Quarterly results forecasts ... any takers?
    EPS?
    Revenue?
    No. Of phones sold?....
    will they miss on all accounts? Or surprise us?

Posted via CB10
    Attachment 402366
    Last edited by world traveler and former ceo; 06-18-16 at 06:18 AM.
    06-17-16 04:47 PM
  13. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    Could never understand why they could not make a (blackBerry) phone with exact same keyboard as Bold 9900...without doubt, best of all time... not Classic, not Priv, and not Passport.... they had the iconic winner of all time... just don't get it...

Posted via CB10
    OlympusMons and theRock1975 like this.
    06-17-16 04:55 PM
    Could never understand why they could not make a (blackBerry) phone with exact same keyboard as Bold 9900...without doubt, best of all time... not Classic, not Priv, and not Passport.... they had the iconic winner of all time... just don't get it...

Posted via CB10
    I think people didn't like the screen size of the 9900 when all the phones is 5"inches average.

Posted via my BlackBerry PRIV
    06-17-16 05:45 PM
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-c00164a6d_7dc35940-34b8-11e6-8877-0200ac11f424.jpeg

Source: BlackBerrys.ru
    06-17-16 06:13 PM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	C00164A6D_7dc35940-34b8-11e6-8877-0200ac11f424.jpeg 
Views:	2158 
Size:	32.9 KB 
ID:	402307

Me too.

Passport running on 10.3.2. 2876
    Corbu, rarsen, morganplus8 and 3 others like this.
    06-17-16 09:50 PM
    Showed up on Berryflow channel. No description.

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-img_20160618_105706.png

Posted Via blackberry passport.
    06-18-16 10:58 AM
    Per Dylan Habkirk, alleged "official" render of the Rome, .

Originally showed up on C00164A6D

FWIW...
    sidhuk, rarsen, Mr BBRY and 1 others like this.
    06-18-16 12:01 PM
    Looks slick
    06-18-16 12:16 PM
    If only they could offer it as a bb10 version
    06-18-16 12:17 PM
    So.... This is what seems to be the original source of that render:

https://www.instagram.com/confidenceswe/

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-13408921_901660933278422_712602163_n.jpg

Today, the Swedish share the Confidence the Business , which is the authorized partner for the sale of BlackBerry Enterprise products company, posted on his page on Instagram a new post:

Pictured render BlackBerry Rome keyboard. According to the Confidence the Business , the machine receives a fingerprint scanner, which is implemented in the key "Space", as well as a USB port Type-C. It is worth noting that the design of the side of the device is made ​​in the same style with the iPhone and other devices on Android.

Props to Blackberrys.ru
    Last edited by Corbu; 06-18-16 at 01:09 PM.
    06-18-16 12:44 PM
    This was discussed last year by Raino in the Verizon Wireless forum on CB. Check out:

So, back to your point, it isn't BlackBerry's choice. Lack of CDMA BlackBerry phones is on the carriers that use CDMA.
    Verizon has opened up a little bit, but it's still a 'you can have color of the Model T as long as it's black' type of a situation. They have whitelisted some non-CDMA phones like the CDMA-less ShopBB Priv, but not all (like the ShopBB Passport.) The STV100-1 Priv in some specific situations gets LTE data and can make calls/sends texts over LTE (i.e. voLTE.) More interestingly, Verizon was under no obligation to allow the Priv -1 to work on their network, at all. If anything, the Passport is the one they're supposed to accommodate.

The bottomline is that it still comes down to Verizon being willing to play ball. They have to be willing to allow a phone on. If one's really motivated, he/she could fight to have a band 13 phone included but Verizon could just (out of spite, or whatever) allow it on as nothing more than a tablet. And getting them to do that might be a bigger PITA than what will come out of it.
    06-18-16 12:44 PM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	C00164A6D_7dc35940-34b8-11e6-8877-0200ac11f424.jpeg 
Views:	2158 
Size:	32.9 KB 
ID:	402307

Love the shoes do they come in brown, and really like the on topic. LOL

Cheers mate!

Posted via my BlackBerry Passport
    Corbu, rarsen, sidhuk and 2 others like this.
    06-18-16 01:37 PM
    John Chen, CEO, BlackBerry

My father gave me great advice when I started my first internship in Hong Kong, which really changed the way I looked at tackling challenges.

I was working for a travel agency and they didn't give me any real tasks to do. When my father asked me how my job went and I told him what happened, he told me to go back to the office early the next morning before everyone arrives, and sharpen their pencils.

When they came in and saw me sharpening pencils, they said, “What in the world are you doing?” After that, I started getting real work to do. It was an important lesson in my life.

This lesson taught me to look for something to improve and solve problems, to be proactive in my own career if I wanted to succeed, and to never leave any job unfinished.
    06-19-16 02:27 PM
    Caf�... as in Kopi?

;-D

�   There's a Crack in the Berry right now...   �
    smart548 likes this.
    06-19-16 05:23 PM
113,256 ... 39333934393539363937 ...