View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    I think MOBL will soon announce a round of funding (through issuance of shares).. Reading between the lines, I think analysts would back the idea. They have had *some* momentum the past couple of weeks even though it's still near its all time lows (went up 7% yesterday on SVP hire, major German airport announced they are going with MobileIron, they are leading the EMM quadrant just behind VMware) .. will they seize the opportunity to go at it alone?

Posted via CB10
    06-14-16 02:25 PM
    OT
    Samsung considers using Tizen in all products. Posted : 2016-06-13 17:21

Samsung Electronics is considering expanding the use of its Tizen software in all company devices to cut its heavy reliance on the Google Android platform, a senior Samsung Electronics executive said Monday.

"If you don't have your own ecosystem, then you will have no future. Tizen isn't just a platform developed for use with mobile devices," the executive said
    Corbu, morganplus8, rarsen and 5 others like this.
    06-14-16 04:56 PM
    OT: Security
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/world...7a0_story.html
    National Security
    Russian government hackers penetrated DNC, stole opposition research on Trump

The folks called in to investigate and secure...
    https://www.crowdstrike.com/

http://www.googlecapital.com/company/crowdstrike/
    rarsen, morganplus8, W Hoa and 2 others like this.
    06-14-16 06:54 PM
    Hello Gang!

It’s been a while and quite the journey since my last post, so I think it’s time I dial in to give my insight on what’s happening with our beloved BBRY as we approach the next ER.

First of all, I too was quite disappointed with the results of the last earnings release in April (Q4 FYE2016). It’s obvious why the market punished the stock for the past 3 months since we saw significant revenue declines highlighted by underwhelming hardware numbers. The stock price going into last ER was frothy due a hopeful beat due to Priv sales, but we fell short (far short). Even though we’re generating positive cash flow, managing expenses extremely well and a reporting organic growth in software, it just doesn’t seem to matter in the short term for the market. IP, QNX and other verticals are not seen as added value yet either. But this theme is not all that uncommon these days. The market has mostly rebounded from its terrible 2016 start, but only for the “show me the money” stocks (sorry, but BBRY doesn’t make the cut). Company valuations are hardly affected by potential in this market and companies that do not post solid revenue or earnings growth continue to be punished. Biotechs are the perfect example. We have HALO valued at 1/3rd its peak market cap despite its ever improving fundamentals and proven success of its two pillar strategy. There’s ACAD who received FDA approval on Nuplazid, and has performed quite well since then, but is still valued at less than before the approval. PSDV just withered away because the market doesn’t have the patience to wait for them to start booking sales on Medidur, even though trial results have been promising to say the least. SPHS is showing signs of potentially curing prostate cancer for crying out loud, yet is valued at $40MM (although I think this one will be going way higher soon)! My point is… all of this does not matter in the current market unless it translates to $ in the bank.

Unfortunately, I don’t know if this trend is going to change any time soon or what it will take for P/E ratios to revive from the recent downfall. So while we wait for the DOW and global markets to get their act together, I’d prefer to focus on fundamentals, and I think BlackBerry is in much better shape than they are given credit for. I like Chen’s strategy of building BlackBerry up as a secure software company and support his effort to continue to build on the industry’s most complete EMM offering (i.e. AtHoc, Good, WatchDox integration). It’s a less glamorous BlackBerry and certainly not as exciting, but it’s the most probable path to success. I know many analysts are guiding for BlackBerry to throw in the towel on hardware, but I’m with Morgan and others here and want to see Chen figure out a way to make it work. Operational costs are down substantially, so I think they he can pull it off, even with lower ASP’s, which the industry is trending towards. I understand several shareholders have grown impatient with Chen and management, but I think we need to realize that BlackBerry, like so many other companies, have fallen victim to today’s market conditions. I’m still willing to give them more time. We seem to be honing in on a leaner meaner BlackBerry, but the market just isn’t ready to accept it yet. I’m still holding my shares and playing with options while watching the RSI.

Lastly, I owe a shout out to the regulars who keep this thread going strong. We’ve made it through some very hard months / years in the past and I have no doubt we’ll get over this current pitfall. Even during a time where there is little to get excited about, the conversation has been interesting and extremely informative. Thank you!

PS – Congrats to CJ on the new marine residence!

PPS – I approve the new thread name. BBRY Caf�. Very classy!

PPPS – I second the motion for the $20 party. It’s a much more attainable goal and will still be easily justified with my profits by the time we reach that point.

Cheers gang! Peace out!
    06-15-16 08:07 AM
    Hey gang,

Haven't been posting as much lately because nothing to exciting as been happening with BBRY.

I've been watching the Microsoft purchase of LinkedIn and think they have once again over paid but after that news Twitter has been on the rocket train. Yes Twitter was at all time lows because of disappointing growth but now it seems like it is far under valued. Lets say LinkedIn is worth 26 billion. Where does that put twitter ? I personally think Twitter would go for much more then LinkedIn would but that's just my opinion. Twitter has become a part of our society and just needs the right direction to capitalize on this and grow earnings. Does any one see a heavy weight taking a run at twitter ?
    06-15-16 08:40 AM
    Hello Gang!

PPPS – I second the motion for the $20 party. It’s a much more attainable goal and will still be easily justified with my profits by the time we reach that point.

Cheers gang! Peace out!
    At this point, I'd be happy with $20 party too!
    06-15-16 10:53 AM
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-img_20160615_085457.png

C0003C17C

Posted via CB10
    06-15-16 10:55 AM
    06-15-16 11:48 AM
    At this point, I'd be happy with $20 party too!
    Yeah, I'm happy with $20 party, but only if we are talking USD and Canada dollar remains weak.

OT.... I am enjoying the SPHS bump. In the past, Morgan you mentioned this was a September stock, Are we still tracking September, or do you see this happening sooner?
    ... and thanks again for the heads up on this one!

Posted via CB10
    06-15-16 12:17 PM
    I thought this was worth noting here: Android Central still feels the Priv is worthy of note (this was just updated today):

The best Android phones of 2016 | Android Central
    06-15-16 12:29 PM
    Yeah, I'm happy with $20 party, but only if we are talking USD and Canada dollar remains weak.

OT.... I am enjoying the SPHS bump. In the past, Morgan you mentioned this was a September stock, Are we still tracking September, or do you see this happening sooner?
    ... and thanks again for the heads up on this one!

Posted via CB10
    Good to see you guys coming back to this thread! I still think that the Biotech Index is being held under water until the electron is behind us this Fall. It has nothing to do with HALO, SPHS, PSDV etc., it is Hilary and her wide swipe at pharma in general. You know, a year ago, HALO was at $ 25.00, the IBB Index was at 400, MOBL was at $ 9.00/shr and all stocks were trading at higher relative levels including BBRY. Today, all stocks are down except SPHS, it was below a dollar a year ago and today it is comfortably above $ 2.00/shr and in a matter of days, it will be losing its delisting status with the NASDAQ. The company has much better fundamentals today and should trade much higher if you are using year ago statistics. Now, we have all sorts of stocks trading lower because funds like the Baker Brothers are tapped out with little cash to maintain pricing at higher levels. Only the very best of breed can move higher until the election is behind us. SPHS needs to end the delisting status, absorb all of the shares trading today above $ 2.00/shr and slowly move higher and hold those gains until fund money can come into the investment at higher prices.

I will make one point here, this works for me, not everyone likes my theory but it is how I like to make money. I like to see only one of two of my investments going higher, there is nothing worse than seeing them all do well as I prefer to rotate from one to the next. And so if SPHS can move higher, perhaps BBRY as well, that leaves me with HALO to move into on a TA/timing basis. So I'm happy to have individual trades moving at any given time. I have always believed that you haven't truly made any money in the market at all if they all follow the general market higher. Real money is made at a time when few stocks are trading above their 50-dma, or 200-dma as we are seeing today. Hope this makes sense! GL
    06-15-16 01:08 PM
    06-15-16 09:34 PM
  13. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    Ok.. will drive to Waterloo for the Shareholder Meeting on the 22nd .... what will we learn?

Posted via CB10
    06-16-16 07:59 AM
    Ok.. will drive to Waterloo for the Shareholder Meeting on the 22nd .... what will we learn?

Posted via CB10
    Keep us in the loop if you do.

Posted via my BlackBerry PRIV
    06-16-16 09:34 AM
    Not much there, but FTR:
    The challenges of mobile security in a connected world
    Waterloo Chronicle
    rarsen and OlympusMons like this.
    06-16-16 10:46 AM
    BBRY India
    BlackBerry India to push enterprise software sales via HCL Infosystems partnership | ET Telecom

The move to extend the reach to new segments such as small and medium enterprises and startups, besides the big enterprises coincides with BlackBerry’s revival strategy under which it is rebuilding its business with main focus on enterprise sales.

NEW DELHI: BlackBerry, the Canadian enterprise software and smartphone maker, has roped in HCL Infosystems as the national distributor of its enterprise products and solutions in India, aimed at increasing the total addressable market for these products.

The move to extend the reach to new segments such as small and medium enterprises and startups, besides the big enterprises coincides with BlackBerry's revival strategy under which it is rebuilding its business with main focus on enterprise sales.

Under the leadership of BlackBerry India's managing director Narendra Nayak, the company has built a completely new enterprise-focused team with sales people in all key cities.

"Enterprise software and solutions is really our growth engine. Our go to market strategy has now changed, and the appointment of HCL as our national distributor for enterprise products is a part of the new strategy," Nayak told ET. "HCL has a reach into top 3000 account and 800 channel partners that can take us to new customers."

Nayak added that the recent visit of company CEO John Chen has helped the India unit in reviving the customer interest.

Richard McLeod, Vice President Global Channels at BlackBerry said that India is a priority for BlackBerry's enterprise software business.

Under the partnership, HCL will have an exclusive team focused on BlackBerry products and solutions. The partnership further strengthens HCL's Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEMs) alliances by expanding their enterprise software portfolio. In addition to selling and supporting BlackBerry's enterprise software portfolio, HCL Infosystems will also provide value-added services such as technical support and consulting.

"We were looking at a partner with the understanding of enterprise as well as the software space, and the reach into the market through channel partner associations," Nayak said.

As well as sales support, customers will also have access to HCL Infosystems' IT deployment support and integration capabilities that will help them to migrate seamlessly or consolidate their Enterprise Mobility Management (EMM) investments.

Bimal Das, Joint President, Enterprise Products Distribution Business, HCL Infosystems said, "We have MDM practice already. BlackBerry is strategically is going to be an important alliance for us, as it will help in creating significant opportunity for the channel."

In the last quarter, BlackBerry managed to get a number of enterprise deals from existing and new customers.

"Few of our existing customers converted to our suite of solutions. In addition, we had new customers, and couple of old legacy customer who migrated to the suite," Nayak said, adding that these wins will significantly reflect in revenues at the year-end.

In addition to traditional verticals such as BFSI, legal and regulatory driven business, the company is seeing traction coming from FMCG and startups in India for its enterprise solutions.
    HCL Infosystems website:
    https://www.hclinfosystems.in/
    06-16-16 04:08 PM

Posted via CB10
    Hopefully they will announce that BlackBerry will be allowed to sell CDMA/Verizon phones directly.

Posted via CB10
    06-16-16 06:57 PM
    Hi guys,
    I had a presentation at BlackBerry's France office on Tuesday with Jean-Philippe Combe (Enterprises pre-sales director). The goal was to get a better picture of Enterprises positioning and Services/Products comprehension.

Edit : Please jump here for the edited/modified version
    Last edited by Superfly_FR; 06-17-16 at 10:23 AM.
    06-17-16 03:28 AM
    06-17-16 07:07 AM
    Thanks SF!

Posted via CB10 on my BlackBerry Passport
    Corbu, OlympusMons, rarsen and 1 others like this.
    06-17-16 07:25 AM
    Bringing Android to Work With BES12: BlackBerry-Google Alliance Explained [video] | Inside BlackBerry for Business Blog

Published on Jun 16, 2016
    David Arnold, Senior Enterprise Solutions Manager at BlackBerry, and Nicholas Barretta, Devices Sales Engineer at Google, talk about the partnership between BlackBerry and Google and the work they are doing together as the leader in mobile security and the world’s most popular mobility platform with BES12 and Android for Work. See the links below...
    06-17-16 07:39 AM
    Thanks Supa

Did someone ask about this AGM "special event" planed one day before ER?

It's very intriguing no?

Posted via CB10
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    06-17-16 08:43 AM
    Thanks Supa

Did someone ask about this AGM "special event" planed one day before ER?

It's very intriguing no?
    FWIW: From Bla1ze
    BlackBerry annual and special meeting webcast to be held on June 22 | CrackBerry.com

UPDATE - Since people keep asking, the 'special meeting' mention isn't anything new. They've called it that for a few years now rather than calling it what it was previously known as. AGM - Annual General Meeting. Same thing, different name.
    06-17-16 08:59 AM
113,256 ... 39323933393439353936 ...