Voters
1107. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

693 62.60%
  • No

414 37.40%
    06-10-16 07:42 AM
    And Annual Meeting on Wednesday, the 22nd:

Annual and Special Meeting of the shareholders (the “Meeting”) of BlackBerry Limited (the “Company”) will be held on June 22, 2016, at the Humanities Theatre, University of Waterloo, 200 University Avenue West, Waterloo, Ontario N2L 3G1, at 10:00 a.m
    rarsen, morganplus8, W Hoa and 2 others like this.
    06-10-16 07:51 AM
    Messaging app operator Line Corp plans dual Tokyo, New York IPO - The Globe and Mail

Line Corp on Friday said it plans to list shares in Tokyo and New York next month through an initial public offering (IPO) that would value the Japanese messaging app operator at 588 billion yen ($5.50-billion).

Last year, users numbers rose just 13 million to 218 million at the end of March, the IPO filing showed.

That made Line the seventh-most used messenger app globally, far behind WhatsApp with 1 billion monthly active users and Messenger with 900 million, as well as WeChat with 697 million, ....

It boasts the most users among messaging apps in Japan, but the only other markets it leads are Taiwan, Thailand and Turkmenistan
    So can we infer from this that BBM is worth $2.25 billion?
    06-10-16 10:53 AM
    06-10-16 12:25 PM
    BBRY going low on low volume, we are not going below 7 USD are we? Come on keep it up.

Posted via CB10
    06-10-16 12:40 PM
  6. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    Messaging app operator Line Corp plans dual Tokyo, New York IPO - The Globe and Mail

So can we infer from this that BBM is worth $2.25 billion?
    BBM.. too late to the party as always...could have been the dominant player cross platform had they acted in a timely manner...

Posted via CB10
    masterful likes this.
    06-10-16 01:28 PM
    BBM.. too late to the party as always...could have been the dominant player cross platform had they acted in a timely manner...
    Well a couple of their former employees did....and it's called Kik
    06-10-16 01:35 PM
    Not just that, Balsillie wanted to move cross platform long before they did. They even made presentations to the phone companies to make BBM a new form of texting. Lazardis and Heins disagreed and when Heins got the company he squashed it according to the book "Losing the signal"
    06-10-16 01:40 PM
    Why would they hold their annual meeting the day before ER?

Posted via CB10
    06-10-16 03:36 PM
    What's wrong with that

Posted via my BlackBerry PRIV
    06-10-16 04:41 PM
    Nothing to yell at them about yet haha

Posted via CB10
    06-10-16 05:00 PM
    What's wrong with that

Posted via my BlackBerry PRIV
    If I'm holding a meeting with shareholders to discuss my company's performance, I would make sure we're not discussing old data. Especially if postponing the meeting by one day would allow us to stay on topic... Of course, perhaps the results will be without any surprises - but if there are any negative ones... than that's not a very smart move for someone who's working for the shareholders?

Posted via CB10
    gg22 likes this.
    06-10-16 05:08 PM
    Hope Morgan is doing ok. Or is he building a group to get a nice controlling interest in SPHS?

Posted via CB10
    06-10-16 05:25 PM
    Buyout offer for bbry on the table on the 22? Bad results 23.

Posted via CB10
    06-10-16 05:26 PM
    If I'm holding a meeting with shareholders to discuss my company's performance, I would make sure we're not discussing old data. Especially if postponing the meeting by one day would allow us to stay on topic... Of course, perhaps the results will be without any surprises - but if there are any negative ones... than that's not a very smart move for someone who's working for the shareholders?
    If you want to make vague statements about great progress and don't want to answer questions about specific numbers, it is useful if people don't have specific numbers until the next day.
    06-10-16 05:35 PM
    Hopefully there's nothing to this sequence of events...not expecting much from quarterly numbers, but starting to get impatient waiting for stronger signs of growth.

Posted via CB10
    06-11-16 10:44 AM
    06-11-16 01:27 PM
    Let's not bring a copied version of BBM into the discussion! You have the original or nothing! Sounds like a innovative company we know!

Posted via my BlackBerry Passport
    06-11-16 02:18 PM
    Corbu thanks for everything you do! Hope your eye was in the right place when it should have been. Cheers mate!

Posted via my BlackBerry Passport
    Corbu, masterful and Superfly_FR like this.
    06-11-16 02:19 PM
    Meanwhile...

QNX on board!
    bbjdog, rarsen, masterful and 2 others like this.
    06-11-16 04:24 PM
    Thks Corbu for very interesting follow-up of the Solar Impulse 2 plane trip status. I've added some previous reference on its use of QNX::

On Q: Solar Impulse returns to the skies
    "QNX Software Systems is the official realtime OS partner for the Solar Impulse team. The plane uses the QNX Neutrino OS for several control and data communication functions."
    06-11-16 06:48 PM
    Hope Morgan is doing ok. Or is he building a group to get a nice controlling interest in SPHS?

Posted via CB10
    Hi Spiller !!

I'm doing fine, it's summer around here and I'm golfing more and hitting the lake too. I do follow the thread and I'm active with SPHS and BBRY. The news for SPHS mirrored the first 7 patients in their study with the dosing issue the best news of all as they are tracking ACAD for similar adjustments to dosage in their future studies. They now have two extremely important studies behind them and at a market cap of only $ 42 MM, the investment is dirt cheap. I'm sure everyone noticed they traded 32 MM shares against a total float of only 21 MM shares, so it is clear that the stock is being manipulated.

As for BBRY, it hit an RSI = 70 at $ 7.49/shr on Wednesday and rolled over along with the DOW Jones. It then confirmed the trend change on Thursday which drove it down on Friday. The rally was from $ 6.60/shr to $ 7.49/shr and now we have backed up to $ 7.00 which is pennies below the 50-dma. I'll be placing my bets on BBRY, again, as close to the Q report as possible, a combination of Calls, Puts and stock. I really don't have any expectations for BlackBerry this Q, perhaps that's good as I won't be disappointed! Chen will lower HW costs and lose some money there but software and services could surprise and that's what we need right now.

As for SPHS, my plan was to amass a % of the company but I couldn't raise capital fast enough to get all of my shares below $ 1.00. This company reminds me of ACAD in its early stages. Best of luck everyone!
    06-12-16 09:31 AM
    OT:
    http://finance.yahoo.com/news/symant...001500206.html
    Symantec to Acquire Blue Coat and Define the Future of Cybersecurity
    06-12-16 08:01 PM
    I can't stop thinking, speculating, dreaming since I read this.
    https://www.engadget.com/2016/06/11/...1-oneplus-one/
    The OS' latest version is "MOD ready," which means the manufacturer can tweak parts of the Android-based platform it couldn't before. In fact, version 13.1 already comes with the "mods" Cyanogen introduced in February, which mostly insert Microsoft features into various parts of the software. For instance, you can now make Skype calls straight from the device's Phone app and use OneNote to take notes within the Email and Phone applications.
    So, (very) basically that's Android where you can decide who/what will be in charge of services.
    I don't pretend it'll be "plug and play" for all apps ... but ... I can't stand without thinking I wish "our" MS/BlacBerry strong Partnership may have another pair of legs ... or simply regret it doesn't ...
    Anyway, interesting to note that this might be a very significant milestone for the Android "ecosystem" and also that MSFT seems on a similar path than BBRY regarding their mobile OS future ...

Make your bets !
    Have a great week gang
    rarsen, Corbu, bspence87 and 2 others like this.
    06-13-16 03:20 AM
    Also from Engadget, Obama changes from proven technology to crippled phone:

https://www.engadget.com/2016/06/12/...is-blackberry/
    President Obama has had to use a BlackBerry since the moment he took office. The President notes that his new phone is so locked down "for security reasons" that he can't call, play music, send texts or take pictures. It's like one of those "play phones" you'd give to a 3-year-old, he says.
    bbjdog and sidhuk like this.
    06-13-16 07:07 AM
106,472 ... 39303931393239333934 ...