View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1106. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

693 62.66%
  • No

413 37.34%
    Greetings from the Texas Coast...hope you all enjoy your weekend!

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares]-img_20160506_193812.jpg

Attachment 399222

Attachment 399223

Attachment 399224

BBM Channel: C002165D3 Tour 9630 > Bold 9650 > Q10 > Playbook > Classic AND Passport SE!!!
    05-07-16 01:18 PM
    OT: SPHS
    More info on today's presentation

Saturday, May 7, 2016 4:00 PM- Tuesday, May, 10 1:00 PM
    SDCC: Late-Breaking Science & Technology Poster
    Funding: Sophiris Bio Corp
    LB-S&T-04: Prospective, Randomized, Double Blind, Vehicle Controlled, Multinational, Phase 3 Clinical Trial of the Pore Forming Protein PRX302 for Targeted Treatment of Symptomatic Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia
    Claus Roehrborn*, Dallas, TX, Reginald Bruskewitz, Madison, WI, Richard Yocum, Allison Hulme, La Jolla, CA, Marc Gittelman, Aventura, FL

Abstract: LB-S&T-04

Introduction and Objectives
    Patients with lower urinary tract symptoms (LUTS) due to benign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH) desire treatment options besides medications, which have side effects and lack of sustainability, and more invasive surgical interventions, which also have side effects and complications. PRX302 (topsalysin) is a genetically modified pore-forming protein (aerolysin) activated intraprostatically only by enzymatically active PSA, and thus a specific, highly-targeted, localized approach to lysing cells in the prostate transition zone.

Methods
    479 patients from 75 sites in 6 countries with International Prostate Symptom Score (IPSS) >=15, peak urine flow (Qmax) 5-15 mL/s, and prostate volume (PV) 30-100 mL were randomized 1:1 to a single transrectal intraprostatic injection of PRX302 vs. placebo (vehicle) and then monitored for 52 weeks. BPH medications were washed out and prohibited on study. Injection was 20% of PV and 0.6 ug PRX302/g PV.

Results
    92% of patients completed all 52 weeks. A single administration of PRX302 provided 7.6 points mean improvement in LUTS that was statistically significantly superior to vehicle-only injection, sustained through the Week 52 end of monitoring. This IPSS primary endpoint efficacy was supported by secondary endpoints, including positive findings for Qmax and two patient-rated disease-specific quality of life instruments. Relative to vehicle, PRX302-apparent toxicity was in general mild, transient, limited to irritative urinary symptoms (dysuria 20%, pollakiuria 10%, urinary retention 4%), local discomfort/pain (perineal pain 9%), and general constitutional symptoms (fever 8%, chills 2%), occurring primarily on the day of injection, with no adverse effect on sexual function.

Conclusions
    A single intraprostatic administration of PRX302 as a short, office-based procedure was well tolerated and produced clinically meaningful and sustained improvement in BPH LUTS over the 52 weeks of follow-up. Additional studies are planned.

Date & Time: May 7-10, 2016 10:30 AM-11:30 AM
    Session Title: Late-Breaking Science & Technology Poster
    Sources of Funding: Sophiris Bio Corp
    05-07-16 01:25 PM
    Hello guys!
    Thank you Morgan again for the analysis. I would like to underline the first sentence of the first paragraph of yours “First, SPHS, it is reporting on its 18 patients today”. Are you sure that they are presenting the results of the remaining prostate cancer patients today? If you are referring to this press release:
    Sophiris Bio To Present Topsalysin Phase 3 Data from Positive PLUS-1 Study as a Late Breaking Poster During the 111th American Urological Association Annual Meeting (NASDAQ:SPHS)
    it says that the presentation will be about the phase 3 prostate hyperplasia trial.
    So right, I was trying to respond to so many of the concerned messages about SPHS that I missed the indication for the Phase III and read the part on the Phase IIA instead. I wanted to get the info out there ASP while typing with my new broken thumb! I had plenty to say and little time away from my health-care wife to say it!

The Phase III would be enhanced if they demonstrate additional safety, more uptake from the benefit of the treatment etc., let's find out the results. All earlier comments still hold for this company. GL
    05-07-16 05:08 PM
    It's sad that bb10 is for the time being a 'dead' platform.
    I really can't believe that there are so many out there who put up with lack luster performing phones just to be able to snap chat their junk.

I obviously understand consumerism and know why bb10 more or less failed, but it is still sad to me and I can't seem to get over it

If BlackBerry had figured out just one thing that all consumers needed that they couldn't get elsewhere, we might be in a different place right now.

Posted via CB10
    I have often thought that if the classic had released instead of the Z10, if could have made a big difference. Of course, the restructing was still needed, and I'm not sure the previous leadership would have been able to make all of the required moves .

(7250 -> 8703e -> 9530 -> 9550 -> 9650 -> 9930 -> PlayBook -> Z10 -> Z30 -> Classic -> PRIV)
    05-08-16 07:53 AM
    I have often thought that if the classic had released instead of the Z10, if could have made a big difference. Of course, the restructing was still needed, and I'm not sure the previous leadership would have been able to make all of the required moves .

(7250 -> 8703e -> 9530 -> 9550 -> 9650 -> 9930 -> PlayBook -> Z10 -> Z30 -> Classic -> PRIV)
    Agreed about previous management, just playing the what if game, which is obviously pointless, but from a consumer /business user, I don't want my passport to lose any future functionality as far as android run time is concerned, as I have plenty of security Cams, temp sensors, weather stations and solar monitoring equipment that aren't web based, but app based

So, BlackBerry android needs the hub to improve dramatically and I love this PP form factor.

Anyways, I hope BlackBerry stock makes some moves this year and OT really hoping to get past my new current break even on SPHS of $2.17, taking the usa dollar when I bought and it's current value in account

Posted via CB10
    3MIKE likes this.
    05-08-16 08:45 AM
    More info on today's presentation
    Here is the drug that we are competing with:

Tamsulosin - in .4 mg and .8 mg, note the side effects of this popular drug:

Tamsulosin Side Effects in Detail - Drugs.com

Now read their drug profile versus our results and pay particular attention to the toxicity of ours versus theirs at the prescribed dosage of .8 mg.

http://www.tqfarma.com/Portals/0/doc...on%20Study.pdf

Our profile is excellent in terms of minimal side effects by a country mile with fewer dosages and a strong response profile. Nice data but I want to hear about the Phase IIA which should be in their hands now!
    Corbu, vasilisiou, bbjdog and 11 others like this.
    05-08-16 12:13 PM
    18th CEG updates military housing notifications system

4/28/2016 - KADENA AIR BASE, Japan -- The 18th Civil Engineer Group has just launched a new AtHoc Mass Notification system for the military family housing residents of Okinawa, Japan.

Source: UTBBlogs

Digging up a bit more, this is indeed an "update" as the original implementation of the system dates back to January 2014:
    http://www.kadena.af.mil/news/story.asp?id=123376117
    http://www.kadena.af.mil/news/story.asp?id=123412903
    Last edited by Corbu; 05-08-16 at 03:00 PM. Reason: Added original implementation info and link
    dusdal, sidhuk, masterful and 8 others like this.
    05-08-16 01:21 PM
    Interesting read (considering it's sunday of course ;-)) :

http://qz.com/676184/microsoft-and-g...sonal-privacy/

Posted via CB10
    05-08-16 04:05 PM

The classic was a phone that blackberry should have made. But the flow of bb10 doesn't really need a keyboard. So I see why they created a slab.

By the way, I still think it is a great looking phone. The rubber back is great. And the size is great as well. I've moved on to the Z30 but that phone is a bit too big and heavy. I'd like an updated Z10 with just a better cpu and camera.

Posted via CB10
    05-08-16 05:02 PM
    The classic was a phone that blackberry should have made. But the flow of bb10 doesn't really need a keyboard. So I see why they created a slab.

By the way, I still think it is a great looking phone. The rubber back is great. And the size is great as well. I've moved on to the Z30 but that phone is a bit too big and heavy. I'd like an updated Z10 with just a better cpu and camera.

Posted via CB10
    Makes sense. I just think the core customers were keyboard users at the time. The classic could have been a defensive move to keep more of that core base. Then, release the passport, followed by the PRIV.

I'm okay with the all touch, but its a tougher market to compete in. I would have release one shortly after the classic, so they had one of each form factor for their enterprise customers. Oh well ... all hindsight and speculative .

It would be great to get some catalyst to move bbry higher. All the discounts (excl vzw of course) on the PRIV are not encouraging that they are moving a lot of units. I'd love to see direct sales take off. I'm not sure what margins the distributors and carriers take, but that could be passed along to enterprise/government.

CDM76 likes this.
    05-08-16 06:36 PM
    Sorry repeat
    Last edited by rarsen; 05-08-16 at 07:22 PM. Reason: Sorry repeat
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    05-08-16 07:10 PM
    Weekend general OT from the Related Technologies and Security file, careful about those dating sites:

One of the biggest hacks happened last year, but nobody noticed | ZDNet
    "more than 33 million users, by allegedly exploiting vulnerabilities in the website's outdated software. The hacker declined to give specific details. Peace then put the breached database -- about 4.6 gigabytes in size -- up for sale on a dark web marketplace for 0.8 bitcoins, which at the time of posting was about $400 per download. Nobody has claimed the leaked data as their own, but it almost doesn't matter. Now that millions of usernames and passwords are sitting in a dark web marketplace, and ready to be bought for a rock-bottom price, the damage is already done. "

Ransomware is now the biggest cybersecurity threat | ZDNet
    05-08-16 07:13 PM
    Hey guys !
    It's been a fantastic 15 days - almost - off the screens.
    Weekend is over, so let me please repeat that we MUST stand on topic as much as possible.

I've been rapidly browsing the thread and the % are not in our favor here ... let's just try to keep the OT under a reasonable pace !

Have a great week,
    Warm regards
    SF
    fanBBRY and pkcable like this.
    05-09-16 02:35 AM
    05-09-16 08:35 AM
    Big news:
    BlackBerry Names Ralph Pini to Replace Ron Louks as Head of Devices - WSJ

Smartphone maker extends division's corporate shake-up as it seeks profitability

BlackBerry Ltd. has appointed a new leader to oversee its device business, as the smartphone maker continues to shake up the division’s executive ranks in a bid to make the operation profitable.

Ralph Pini will succeed Ron Louks as the device division’s chief operating officer and general manager, according to the company. The executive has headed BlackBerry’s radio-frequency technology development operations for more than four years and will report to Chief Executive John Chen.

Mr. Louks left the Canadian company on Friday, a BlackBerry spokeswoman said, declining to elaborate. He joined BlackBerry in January 2014 from Pittsboro, N.C.-based software company OpenNMS Group Inc.

A key focus for Mr. Pini will be on broadening the appeal of BlackBerry devices powered by the company’s BB10 operating system and Android through the development of device hardware, software and design that emphasize security and other advantages favored by enterprise customers, he said.

The leadership change comes a little over a month after BlackBerry’s device sales for the quarter ended Feb. 29 fell short of expectations. It also follows the hiring of Alex Thurber two weeks ago to oversee BlackBerry’s in-house sales teams for devices and its efforts to generate additional revenue from sales of these products through carriers and other partners.

Mr. Thurber, previously head of world-wide sales at WatchGuard Technologies Inc., a Seattle-based developer of security firewall technology, will report to Mr. Pini.

The executives’ challenge to revive BlackBerry’s shrinking device business is made more difficult by an overall slowing of the smartphone market. That trend was underscored by Apple Inc. last month after the industry giant reported its first-ever slide in iPhone sales.

BlackBerry is expanding its mobile handset business beyond traditional smartphones to include devices such as its new Radar tracking system for use by trucking companies to monitor their fleets and cargo in real time.

The company aims to anticipate new demands before they emerge, “such as securing all the endpoints in an Internet of Things world,” where devices are used to connect a range of consumer and industrial products to wireless networks, Mr. Pini said in an email.

BlackBerry’s main focus is on selling higher-margin mobile-device software and services to reignite growth, but Mr. Chen also wants to make the money-losing hardware business profitable to help buttress this strategy.

Mr. Pini joined BlackBerry in 2012 as part of its acquisition of New Hampshire-based Paratek Microwave Inc., where he was CEO. Before that, he said he held various senior roles at Motorola and was part of the team that developed Motorola’s RAZR, once one of the world’s most popular mobile phones.

Some analysts think BlackBerry should abandon its handset business due to its tiny share of the smartphone market and ongoing struggles to boost sales amid competition from Apple and Samsung Electronics Co. Such a move would eliminate an earnings drag and free up money to invest in software and services, which is growing.

BlackBerry launched the Priv, its first-ever Android-powered smartphone, in November. The phone incorporates the security features of BlackBerry’s older phones alongside the greater number of social media and entertainment apps available through the Google play store to appeal to a broader audience.

Still, in the fourth quarter, BlackBerry recognized revenue on 600,000 smartphones, down from 700,000 in the third quarter.

BlackBerry has said it needs to focus more attention on selling the premium-priced Priv to enterprises to help boost sales. It also has plans to release two new, lower-priced Android phones in its current fiscal year to lure more price-sensitive customers. Additional sources of revenue could also come from efforts to license out all or part of its security-based Android operating system, the company has said.
    Uzi, randall2580, rarsen and 7 others like this.
    05-09-16 09:15 AM
    05-09-16 09:25 AM
    Looks like more focus on the software side reading from the interview
    05-09-16 09:30 AM
    USD 6.55... who would've thought...

Posted via CB10
    05-09-16 11:59 AM
    Makes me wish there was some more activist action... :-)

Posted via CB10
    05-09-16 12:14 PM
  20. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    BlackBerry is down 29 percent year to date ... seriously pathetic ... They seem determined to make hardware profitable ...and very soon ... so, Let's see ...September to show HW profitable...his words... "hopeful" is no longer acceptable...after that....
    Last edited by world traveler and former ceo; 05-09-16 at 02:40 PM.
    3MIKE likes this.
    05-09-16 12:38 PM
    BBRY hitting 13 year lows. Chen is probably ok with it as long as he is buying back shares. Once the share buy back is closed off in June I would hope to see a bump.
    CDM76 likes this.
    05-09-16 12:41 PM
    I suggest we put together all of our shares and have Morgan represent our activist group. Heck, I'd even pay :-)

Posted via CB10
    abouthsu and JLagoon like this.
    05-09-16 12:46 PM
    BBRY hitting 13 year lows. Chen is probably ok with it as long as he is buying back shares. Once the share buy back is closed off in June I would hope to see a bump.
    I don't think they are.. if JC is serious about retiring those convertible bonds then there's not much point in buying back shares? Problem is, who will support our SP?

Posted via CB10
    05-09-16 12:50 PM
    down 29 percent year to date ... seriously pathetic ... They seem determined to make hardware profitable ...and very soon ... so, Let's see ... if this has not turned around by year end ...
    Thanks A LOT, CEO! Because of your post, I checked my trading account and am in the same boat...
    05-09-16 12:51 PM
    Remember guys, BlackBerry can be doing all the right things, but the street still judges on hardware. Currently, the tech sector has been a dog thanks to AAPL and a few others so few are willing to go long, especially in an uncertain name. Even though BlackBerry met their software target, it's ignored until either the hardware picks up, or is dropped, and knowing they're planning on new devices this year, we better hope it picks up.

Posted via CB10
    05-09-16 12:53 PM
105,499 ... 39123913391439153916 ...