View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1110. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

694 62.52%
  • No

416 37.48%
    CeBIT 2016 / Secusmart :
    Germany's BSI (Federal Office for Information Security) grants tentative approval to classification level RESTRICTED (Classified - For official use) to the SecuTABLET

In German:
    BSI erteilt vorlufige Zulassung fr das SecuTABLET | heise online
    I'm wondering if BlackBerry will release a Priv tablet. BlackBerry hardware, Android OS with monthly security updates. Focused on the consumer. I'd like to see it. I gave up on waiting for another PlayBook. Haha!

Posted via CB10
    CDM76 likes this.
    03-16-16 11:04 PM
    As a app developer and a software engineer in general there has been a push to take apps to the Web for cross OS compatibility but this push has been from the developers not android and apple or BlackBerry. There has been whole frameworks developed to accomplish this but they have lacked the full native experience that native apps have. The OS companies don't want apps developed in the Web, they want them developed native. I don't see companies releasing there grip any time soon so for now I don't see any serious apps being developed in the web.

Posted via CB10
    Let's be sharp if we enter this area.
    It's not "in the web" it's based on HTML(5), local DB, css and javascript to name few.
    A standalone so called "web app" will not need the internet to work.

We should call them "HTML apps", as the main point is to offer a "universal" app programming language and support.
    The current status of the "HTML engines" (webkit-based, moz-based, etc) is finally close to match 100% the HTML5/CSS2-3 W3C specifications (I'd say - as a web developer - that's new and cooooool !) so that the growth could happen. But it will take several years before a new generation of developers embrace this technology for apps (and all apps will not fit, of course).

P.S: no aimed at you in particular, but to (trying to) avoid a massive OT
    Corbu, rarsen, 3MIKE and 10 others like this.
    03-17-16 05:12 AM
    Priv Love

http://blogs.blackberry.com/2016/03/...pace-engineer/

Posted via my BlackBerry Passport
    Corbu, rarsen, 3MIKE and 7 others like this.
    03-17-16 07:12 AM
    Morgan,

When you have a chance, could you please provide any insight as to why after hours has such high volume these past two days?

1.2 Mil traded yesterday, 700k so far today.

Many thanks!

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    What you are usually seeing is "end of day cross trading" inside the same group of Funds. The 700,000 share block traded yesterday was done at the high of the day for the stock price and shortly after the market closed. Tomorrow is options expiry and that alone causes some activity; and some firms want to keep their stock position but also want to show a transaction for tax reasons or simply to establish that the stock is out of a certain Fund. If the trade occurs shortly after the market close, it can simply be a missed trade from earlier in the day or a cross trade within the same group of Funds. If there was no news during the day, chances are good it is some shuffling of stock into other accounts. In our case, the stock price on the following day hasn't given us any reason to suspect that something is up here.

BlackBerry dropped back to its 200-dma this week and bounced off that low and now we are looking more like we could rally from here. The DOW and the S&P both made technical highs yesterday too, so things are firming up across the board now.
    03-17-16 09:07 AM
    03-17-16 09:12 AM
    Hey gang, won't jinx it today but seems it's a positive one looking forward to the US$ 8.20 target !
    P.S: no chart, no pain ! lol
    morganplus8, q649, Mr BBRY and 7 others like this.
    03-17-16 09:32 AM
    Hey gang, won't jinx it today but seems it's a positive one looking forward to the US$ 8.20 target !
    P.S: no chart, no pain ! lol
    Foul Play SF!

You can't say "I won't jinx it..." followed by "but seems it's a positive one..."

Lolz.

Hang on to your barf-bags fellas, we are in for some chop!

Marc Hav at it again:

Attachment 394489
    03-17-16 12:38 PM
    The BlackBerry Ltd (BBRY) Priv has, by all accounts, been a success for the company, and was a catalyst for BlackBerry stock to end 2015.
    >>>Related articles:
    http://investorplace.com/2016/03/bbr...s-for-success/

BBM Channel: C002165D3 Tour 9630 > Bold 9650 > Q10 > Playbook > Classic AND Passport SE!!!
    03-17-16 01:32 PM
    Say,

Anyone keen on what program this guy is using for this chart, or what he ingested before creating it? Really informative.

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares]-stream_51334659..png

Psychedelic, man!
    03-17-16 01:43 PM
    Say,

Anyone keen on what program this guy is using for this chart, or what he ingested before creating it? Really informative.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	stream_51334659..png 
Views:	903 
Size:	121.3 KB 
ID:	394491

Psychedelic, man!
    Let me guess, Stock Charts?

OT: this market belongs in the institution for?????? ??????????.
    I have become bearish on the global economy, but I am 99 percent wrong all the time. For example I see oil back at 28.00 dollars. Lol

03-17-16 02:49 PM

Last edited by Corbu; 03-17-16 at 03:18 PM.
    morganplus8, bbjdog, 3MIKE and 4 others like this.
    03-17-16 03:04 PM
    http://blogs.blackberry.com/2016/03/...per-community/
    Great Apps on BlackBerry! A Strong Commitment to BlackBerry Users and Developers

John Chen Verified account @JohnChen
    I care about BB10 Great Apps on BlackBerry! A Strong Commitment to BlackBerry Users and Developers | Inside BlackBerry … Show your support @Facebook @WhatsApp #ILoveBB10Apps
    10:42 AM - 17 Mar 2016
    John Chen Verified account @JohnChen
    We fixed @Twitter for BB10 today. More enhancements to come next month
    10:44 AM - 17 Mar 2016
    03-17-16 03:06 PM
    03-17-16 03:10 PM
    http://blogs.blackberry.com/2016/03/...per-community/
    Great Apps on BlackBerry! A Strong Commitment to BlackBerry Users and Developers
    It feels like JC, Marty Beard and Michael Clewley just sat in a meeting and decided that this was their best strategy to get more developers on board.. or keep some of them on board.

#IloveBB10apps ?

Strange... why stop releasing SDK's, launch an Android, pause 4 months, and then this...

Posted via CB10
    03-17-16 03:52 PM
    I have to add, perhaps I'm a bit more negative regarding BB10 development than most of you are (2 of my banking apps stopped working after an update so it feels like I've gone backwards)...

Posted via CB10
    03-17-16 04:05 PM
    I hope we will have some information regarding a new bb10 device and confirmation bb10 is here to stay for A LONG TIME during E.R. If they want to remove android runtime, be it. I'm guessing most of us who are sticking to bb10 don't give a damn about cheesy apps.
    Andy_bb_king and bbjdog like this.
    03-17-16 05:14 PM
    I hope we will have some information regarding a new bb10 device and confirmation bb10 is here to stay for A LONG TIME during E.R. If they want to remove android runtime, be it. I'm guessing most of us who are sticking to bb10 don't give a damn about cheesy apps.
    It's time to remove android runtime!

Posted from my trusted Passport
    03-17-16 06:20 PM
    In french, but it seems to be a serious threat for all android phones and more (objects connected). Priv and Nexus ones seem safe :

Android touch par une variante de Stagefright et une faille dans les SoC SnapDragon - Next INpact
    Corbu, masterful, bbjdog and 3 others like this.
    03-17-16 06:48 PM
    What you are usually seeing is "end of day cross trading" inside the same group of Funds. The 700,000 share block traded yesterday was done at the high of the day for the stock price and shortly after the market closed. Tomorrow is options expiry and that alone causes some activity; and some firms want to keep their stock position but also want to show a transaction for tax reasons or simply to establish that the stock is out of a certain Fund. If the trade occurs shortly after the market close, it can simply be a missed trade from earlier in the day or a cross trade within the same group of Funds. If there was no news during the day, chances are good it is some shuffling of stock into other accounts. In our case, the stock price on the following day hasn't given us any reason to suspect that something is up here.

BlackBerry dropped back to its 200-dma this week and bounced off that low and now we are looking more like we could rally from here. The DOW and the S&P both made technical highs yesterday too, so things are firming up across the board now.
    Ah I see now, that makes sense! Thanks Morgan for taking the time to reply. Always appreciate your insight!

Cheers,

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    Last edited by rampagingpanda; 03-17-16 at 08:56 PM.
    morganplus8, rarsen and sidhuk like this.
    03-17-16 08:39 PM

A swift death for BB10!

Z10 STL100-3/10.3.2.2876
    03-17-16 08:42 PM
    03-17-16 09:04 PM
    A swift death for BB10!

Z10 STL100-3/10.3.2.2876
    Swift death is holding on to the Z10! My Z10 has been retired to streaming video to my TV, and it's working like a charm!

morganplus8, rarsen and sidhuk like this.
    03-17-16 09:34 PM

I fought with that idea for a long time, but I've come to the belief that the Runtime is needed for many of us. The only thing I clamor for is FULL control in the 'Permissions' settings. I'd like to see BlackBerry offer that Android 'Threat Level' app to bb10 Android Runtime environment. Also, having BlackBerry Guardian offers another layer of comfort.

Hey! If the Android Experience isn't guaranteed to work, then having full control over the use should be an option, because if it doesn't work, who can you blame?

PS - Another opinion to add to our thread. Credit to PowerTriggerTrade:

Attachment 394552
    03-17-16 11:50 PM
    In Italian, but quite easy to understand.

BlackBerry - Letko Brosseau & Associates Inc. compera 24.950 azioni BlackBerry

Funds are buying more and more BBRY stocks
    03-18-16 06:38 AM
    I may have found the equivalent in English, Christophe:
    Letko Brosseau & Associates Inc. Buys 24,950 Shares of BlackBerry Ltd (BBRY) - Financial Market News

I seem to recall they established their initial position of about 2.3 M shares in the spring of 2015. Among the top 30 BBRY shareholders.
    03-18-16 07:46 AM
106,813 ... 38543855385638573858 ...