View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Thanks Corbu! I have been following this apple news since day one, but I still can't get my head around it.
    What is it the government asked that is differently compared to many cases that BlackBerry had gone through?
    P.S I find this whole thing is just another free marketing or PR due to the last few blows up of iclouds.

Sorry for the OT.

Posted via CB10 on my BlackBerry Passport
    3MIKE, Corbu, Andy_bb_king and 6 others like this.
    03-06-16 11:38 AM
  2. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    03-06-16 04:27 PM
    03-07-16 07:39 AM
  4. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    03-07-16 08:34 AM
    OT: SPHS
    Not much of BlackBerry activities but sphs is one of our popular stock so hey...
    @Morgan sir, I believe tomorrow is there ER. May I know your thoughts on it..

Posted via my PRIV
    03-07-16 08:59 AM
    OT: SPHS
    Not much of BlackBerry activities but sphs is one of our popular stock so hey...
    @Morgan sir, I believe tomorrow is there ER. May I know your thoughts on it..

Posted via my PRIV

Not sure I agree about that ER for tomorrow but it doesn't matter to me, I want to know how they will finance future drug programs, that's it. I'm in this for the financing and the results of those remaining 7 patients on the control test. This company waits 6 weeks to report on earnings and it is well past the end of December/2015 so they need to do something, just haven't heard that it goes down tomorrow, that's all. If you have a link please post it. April is when the fireworks kick off, that and any update on financing and the next study. It would be nice to get an update from them soon, no big deal though.

I'm staring at the market today and can't see a single trade developing here. BBRY is holding up nicely though, I'm really hoping it pulls back a bit as I missed it first thing this morning darn it! GL
    03-07-16 09:34 AM
    OT:
    For anyone into oil.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/arthurbe.../#7927d6dc6f45

Oil prices should*fall, possibly hard, in coming weeks.*That is because fundamentals do not support the present price.

Prices should fall to around $30*once the empty nature*of an OPEC-plus-Russia production freeze is understood. A return to the grim reality of over-supply and the weakness*of the*world economy could push prices well into the*$20s.

Saudi Arabia�s Minister of Petroleum & Mineral Resources Ali Al-Naimi speaks at the annual IHS CERAWeek global energy conference Tuesday, Feb. 23, 2016, in Houston. (AP Photo/Pat Sullivan)

A Production*Freeze Will Not Reduce The Supply Surplus

An OPEC-plus-Russia production cut would be a great step toward re-establishing oil-market balance. I believe that will happen later in 2016 but is not on the table today.

In late February, Saudi oil minister Ali Al-Naimi stated categorically, �There is no sense in wasting our time in seeking production cuts. That will not happen.�

Instead, Russia*and*Saudi Arabia have apparently agreed to a*production freeze. This is meaningless*theater but it helped lift oil prices 37% from just more than $26 in mid-February to almost $36 per barrel last week. That is a lot of added*revenue for Saudi Arabia and Russia but it will do nothing to balance the over-supplied world oil market.

The problem is that neither Saudi Arabia nor Russia has greatly increased production since the oil-price collapse began in 2014 (Figure 1). A freeze by those countries, therefore, will*only ensure that the supply surplus will not get worse because of them. It is, moreover, doubtful that Saudi Arabia or Russia have the spare capacity to increase production much beyond present levels making the proposal*of a freeze cynical*rather than helpful.

Figure 1. Incremental liquids production since January 2014 by the United States plus Canada, Iraq, Saudi Arabia and Russia. Source: EIA & Labyrinth Consulting Services, Inc. (click image to enlarge)

Saudi Arabia and Russia are two of the world�s largest oil-producing countries. Yet in January 2016, Saudi liquids output was only*~110,000 bpd more than in January 2014 and Russia was actually producing ~50,000 bpd less than in January 2014. The present world production surplus is more than 2 mmbpd.

By contrast, the U.S. plus Canada are producing ~1.9 mmbpd more than in January 2014*and*Iraq�s crude oil*production has increased ~1.7*mmbpd.*Also, Iran has potential to increase its production by as much as*~1 mmbpd during*2016. Yet, none*of these countries have*agreed to the*production freeze. Iran, in fact, called the idea �ridiculous.�

Growing Storage Means Lower Oil Prices

U.S. crude oil*stocks increased by a remarkable 10.4 mmb in the week ending February 26, the largest addition*since early April 2015. That brought inventories to an astonishing 162 mmb more than*the 2010-2014 average and 74 mmb above*the bloated levels of 2015 (Figure 2).

Figure 2. U.S. crude oil stocks. Source: EIA and Labyrinth Consulting Services, Inc. (click image to enlarge)

The correlation between U.S. crude oil stocks and world oil prices is strong. Tank farms at Cushing, Oklahoma (PADD 2) and storage facilities in the Gulf Coast region (PADD 3) account for almost 70% of total U.S. storage and are critical in WTI price formation. When storage exceeds about 80% of capacity, oil prices generally*fall hard. Current Cushing storage is at 91% of capacity, the Gulf Coast is at 87% and combined, they are at a whopping 88% of capacity (Figure 3).

Figure 3. Cushing and Gulf Coast crude oil storage. Source: EIA and Labyrinth Consulting Services, Inc. (click image to enlarge)

Prices have fallen hard in step with growing storage throughout*2015 and early 2016.*Since talk of a production freeze first surfaced, however, intoxicated investors have ignored storage builds and traders are testing new thresholds before they fall again.

The truth is that prices will not increase sustainably until storage volumes fall,*and that cannot happen*until U.S. production declines by about 1 mmbpd.

Despite extreme reductions in rig count and catastrophic financial losses by E&P companies, production decline has been painfully slow. The latest data from EIA indicates that February 2016 production will fall approximately*100,000 bpd compared to January (Figure 4).

Figure 4. U.S. crude oil production and forecast. Source: EIA STEO, EIA This Week In Petroleum, and Labyrinth Consulting Services, Inc. (click image to enlarge)

That is an improvement over the average 60,000 bpd monthly decline since the April 2015 peak. *It is not enough, however, to make a difference in storage and storage controls price.

EIA and IEA will publish updates this*week on the world oil market balance and I doubt*that the news will be very good. IEA*indicated last month that the world over-supply had increased almost 750,000 bpd in the 4th quarter of 2015 compared with the previous quarter. EIA data*corroborated those findings and showed*that the surplus in January 2016 had increased 650,000 bpd from December 2015.

Oil Prices and The Value of the Dollar

Why, then, have oil prices increased?*Partly, it is because of hope for an OPEC production freeze and that*sentiment is expressed*in the OVX crude oil-price volatility index (Figure 5).

Figure 5. Crude oil volatility index (OVX) and WTI price. Source: EIA, CBOE and Labyrinth Consulting Services, Inc. (click image to enlarge)

The OVX reflects how investors feel about where oil prices are going. It is sometimes called the �fear index.� That suggests that*investors are feeling pretty good and less fearful about the oil markets than in the last quarter of 2015 when oil prices fell 47%. Since mid-February, prices have increased 37%.

But there is more to it than just hope*and that*may be found in the strength of the U.S. dollar. The negative correlation between the value of the dollar and world oil prices is well-established. The oil-price increase in February was accompanied by a decrease in the trade-weighted value of the dollar (Figure 6).

Figure 6. U.S. Dollar value vs. WTI NYMEX futures price. Source: EIA, U.S. Federal Reserve Bank and Labyrinth Consulting Services, Inc. (click to enlarge)

Now, that trend has reversed. The U.S.*jobs*report last week was positive so*continued strength of the dollar is reasonable for awhile. Assuming the usual correlation, that means that oil prices should fall.

*Oil Prices Should Fall Hard

It is a sign of how bad things have gotten in oil markets*that we feel optimistic*about $35 oil prices. It should*also be a warning that the over-supply*that got us here has not gone away.

Oil storage volumes*continue to grow and that is the surest indication that production has not declined enough yet to make a difference. It is impossible to imagine oil prices rising much beyond present levels until storage starts to fall. In fact, it is difficult to understand $35 per barrel prices based on any measure of oil-market fundamentals.

The OPEC-plus-Russia production freeze is a cynical*joke designed to increase their short-term revenues without doing anything about production levels. An output*cut would make a difference but a freeze on current Saudi and Russian*production levels means nothing. *It apparently made some investors feel better but it didn�t do anything for me. Iran got this one right by calling it ridiculous.

No*terrible*economic news has surfaced*in recent weeks but that does not change the profound weakness of*a global economy that is burdened*with debt and weak demand. The*announcement last week by the People�s Bank of China that it sees room for more quantitative easing may have comforted stock markets but it*only added to my*anxiety about reduced oil consumption and future downward shocks in oil prices.

I hope that oil prices increase but cannot find any substantive reason why they should do anything but fall. As*market balance reality*re-emerges*in investor consciousness and*the false euphoria of*a*production*freeze recedes, prices should correct to*around $30. A little bad economic or political news could send prices much*lower.

Of course for every negative article there is a positive one. So roll your dice and make your bets. lol

Posted via CB10
    03-07-16 09:40 AM
    @Morgan thanks for your inputs as always. I saw it on google.com/finance
    Mar8 Q4 2015 Earnings release (estimated)
    Corbu could you please help

Posted via my PRIV
    03-07-16 10:11 AM
    OT:

TG Therapeutics, Inc. (NASDAQ: TGTX) will host a live conference call and webcast to discuss the results of the fourth quarter and fiscal year 2015, to be held today, Monday, March 7, 2016 at 4:30 PM Eastern Time.

Morgan, do you still have any interest in these guys? I've added quite a few more shares when it tumbled below $8 in January and just sitting tight.
    03-07-16 10:24 AM

Posted via my PRIV
    I thought as much, that's Melissa Mayer being a Yahoo and guesstimating the date based upon historical dates. The company will post its date and it is usually released one week prior to the official date, maybe this week? As mentioned before, I care about the data coming up in April and how they will finance that short safety study into Summer. We'll hear from them soon enough!
    Corbu, sidhuk, rarsen and 2 others like this.
    03-07-16 10:26 AM
    OT:

TG Therapeutics, Inc. (NASDAQ: TGTX) will host a live conference call and webcast to discuss the results of the fourth quarter and fiscal year 2015, to be held today, Monday, March 7, 2016 at 4:30 PM Eastern Time.

Morgan, do you still have any interest in these guys? I've added quite a few more shares when it tumbled below $8 in January and just sitting tight.
    I wish I could post my phone screen for you! It is on my short list of most watched stocks and I have that one but I didn't think anyone else was in it.

Corbu?

I'm sure someone else is in it too. Like all biotechs, this one has been shot and left for dead but they have great prospects going forward. I'll be listening tonight. GL
    03-07-16 10:30 AM
    I was not able to find anything firm in terms of date. Tomorrow is "Estimated". The best info we have is: "Earnings Date: Mar 8 - Mar 14 (Est.)".
    I have emailed them to find out.

I am still in TGTX. Pretty good day so far. I hope they can recover some of their former glory, as so many other biotech stocks.
    03-07-16 10:34 AM
    OT. Talk about a BIO recovery today. Crazy market that's for sure

Posted by my Passport SE
    03-07-16 11:06 AM
    Thanks Corbu, Morgan.

Posted via my PRIV
    Corbu likes this.
    03-07-16 11:08 AM
    OT: Hagens Berman: Apple to Pay Consumers $450 Million in E-books Price-Fixing Antitrust Class Action

SAN FRANCISCO (Business Wire) -- Hagens Berman attorneys representing a class of e-book purchasers announced today that the Supreme Court denied appeal from Apple (NASDAQ: AAPL) in an antitrust suit brought against the company for its role in an alleged e-book price-fixing scheme with five of the nation's largest publishing companies, bringing a $450 million settlement to e-book purchasers.

With the Supreme Court's denial to review findings against Apple, consumers will receive an additional $450 million, reaching a total amount of more than $560 million when combined with settlements with the publishing companies � more than twice the amount of losses suffered by the class of e-book purchasers. Hagens Berman litigated the case jointly with the United States Department of Justice and attorneys general from 33 U.S. states and territories.

News Sources - The Globe and Mail
    03-07-16 11:08 AM
    OT. Talk about a BIO recovery today. Crazy market that's for sure

Posted by my Passport SE
    You had to be patient, its Financials, Transportation then Materials, after that they rotate into Healthcare, Bio and so on.

We are at the initial breakout point for Bio, the Index is about to take off and mid to lower tier stocks are on the move now. We shouldn't have much trouble going after the 50-dma on the IBB Index.

Note SPHS, I have placed orders at different price levels for 15,000 - 50,000 shares and none of them are getting filled. I might pull my orders as this is not the day for a bargain.

BBRY is still doing well here, quietly moving higher on moderate volume.

Nice day all around.
    03-07-16 11:45 AM
    Hey gang !
    Just passing by for a salute, I'm so deep into my work that I barely can add to all your contributions, I'm even slow to catch up ... Sorry for that, but I don't have any valuable substance to offer as I'm also disconnected from my usual feeds and discussions.

I'm happy with what I see today, seems we're heading back to the $8+ territory and the (Nasdaq user's) 1 year estimate is now back to $7.75.

So, just to let W.S know that the SF index is still *very* bullish and I can't wait for the 1st of April figures ...

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-capture.png

Cheers & hugs,
    SF
    03-07-16 12:19 PM
    Nice run today. Probably will breath here for a couple of days. 8.90 before the ER?

Posted via CB10
    La Emperor and Superfly_FR like this.
    03-07-16 12:38 PM
    You had to be patient, its Financials, Transportation then Materials, after that they rotate into Healthcare, Bio and so on.

We are at the initial breakout point for Bio, the Index is about to take off and mid to lower tier stocks are on the move now. We shouldn't have much trouble going after the 50-dma on the IBB Index.

Note SPHS, I have placed orders at different price levels for 15,000 - 50,000 shares and none of them are getting filled. I might pull my orders as this is not the day for a bargain.

BBRY is still doing well here, quietly moving higher on moderate volume.

Nice day all around.
    Being biased towards the Bio sector and being able to average down during the sell-off recently I am sitting pretty with many of my stocks. Seeing as we seem to be on the rebound this is going to be a lot of fun. Thank you M+8 for your ongoing commentary!
    03-07-16 12:40 PM
    On Topic

Any speculation on why we are seeing a pretty big positive move today? Though we've given a bit back already. At one point BBRY was up 5%. Any news driving this?
    03-07-16 01:58 PM
    On Topic

Any speculation on why we are seeing a pretty big positive move today? Though we've given a bit back already. At one point BBRY was up 5%. Any news driving this?
    I'm guessing it's just getting even with the extra hard fall it had in the market free fall we've recently had

 Priv... cue the comeback!
    03-07-16 02:01 PM
    OT: HALO
    Halozyme Therapeutics - Halozyme Appoints Jim Daly To Board Of Directors

SAN DIEGO, March 7, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- Halozyme Therapeutics, Inc. (HALO), a biotechnology company developing novel oncology and drug-delivery therapies, today announced the appointment of Jim Daly to its board of directors. Mr. Daly is a biopharmaceutical executive with 30 years of experience leading U.S. and global businesses.

"We are very pleased to have Jim join our board," said Dr. Helen Torley, president and chief executive officer. "With extensive experience in launching and building major brands, particularly in oncology, he will serve as a valuable resource to our directors and executive leadership team as we move toward the potential commercialization of our investigational drug PEGPH20."

Mr. Daly previously served as executive vice president and chief commercial officer at Incyte Corporation from 2012 to 2015. Prior to Incyte, Daly was senior vice president of North America Commercial Operations, Global Marketing and Commercial Development for Amgen, with P&L responsibility for all U.S. and Canadian businesses. Daly also served as vice president and general manager for Amgen's Oncology Business Unit.

Mr. Daly began his career in the pharmaceutical industry at GlaxoSmithKline where he held positions of increasing responsibility, including senior vice president and general manager of the company's Respiratory and Anti-infective Business Unit, as well as senior vice president of U.S. Marketing. He earned a Bachelor of Science degree in Pharmacy and Master of Business Administration from the State University of New York at Buffalo.
    03-07-16 02:03 PM
    OT: Verizon supercookies, good reading.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...-supercookies/

Posted via my BlackBerry Passport
    03-07-16 02:13 PM
    Where is our CJ and his charts

Posted via my PRIV
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    03-07-16 03:22 PM
    03-07-16 04:14 PM
113,250 ... 38473848384938503851 ...