• Yes, I'm acting now !

694 62.52%
  • No

416 37.48%
    02-11-16 07:42 AM
    Another bloodbath today.

 Priv... cue the comeback!
    02-11-16 08:25 AM
    OT from the Related Technologies file, some smartphone brands rise & others reduce and reallocate sectors:

Microsoft cuts 'dozens' more employees with its mobile unit: Report | ZDNet
    "The cuts are happening in Finland and heavily targeting those involved in marketing. A Microsoft spokesperson confirmed that any job cuts happening now are not part of that original 7,800, the majority of which were focused on those involved in the phone business. Company officials told Wall Street analysts to expect the decline in handset sales to continue in the next quarter, as Microsoft is following through on its previously announced strategy to cut back on the number of phones it makes to focus on a few key categories."
    Last edited by rarsen; 02-11-16 at 08:45 AM.
    02-11-16 08:28 AM
    Can someone please call the bottom of this ugly market?... because apparently I'm not very good at it.

Seriously though, good luck to anyone else holding equities (especially in biotech) through this nightmare. There seems to be no end to the pain. Anyway let me run, I need to go find some more funds to throw at these ridiculously low valuation stocks!
    02-11-16 08:40 AM
    Can someone please call the bottom of this ugly market?... because apparently I'm not very good at it.

Seriously though, good luck to anyone else holding equities (especially in biotech) through this nightmare. There seems to be no end to the pain. Anyway let me run, I need to go find some more funds to throw at these ridiculously low valuation stocks!
    QE4?

Posted via CB10
    3MIKE likes this.
    02-11-16 09:09 AM
    If anyone needs a break from the excitement today, there is an announcement being held in a minutes, 10:30am regarding a new breakthrough in ripples of gravitational waves. At 1, the Perimeter Institute is doing a web cast to discuss.

http://www.iflscience.com/space/watc...uncement-today

http://www.perimeterinstitute.ca/now-streaming

Posted via CB10
    02-11-16 09:27 AM

Here is a chart of the DJ going back 3 years:

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares]-dow-jones-feb-11-2016.png

As you can see, we are heading back to support that goes back several years. Just about the time we hit that line, the RSI will hit over sold. That's all I have, the North American trader wants a lower market, its that simple. Last week, Asia was up on Thursday night, we went into Friday here with oil up and all other markets up, and they hammered the DJ. Then on Monday, Asia was up over night Sunday setting us up for a rally on Monday, along with oil, what happened, we dropped hard in North America. Despite us not having any reason to drop, traders in NA hammered the market. There's not much you can do when big money wants to trash our markets. Remember, China was closed throughout this week so that crutch/excuse was taken away. There was nothing to hide behind to justify the fear and they do it anyway. Let's see if Yellen can say something right this morning. Yesterday energy was up and she stated that she is "driving less than a call girl" and the energy complex immediately turned down.
    cjcampbell, bbjdog, Corbu and 11 others like this.
    02-11-16 09:42 AM
    As we approach my downside target for the DJ, I sold out of my gold stock and put it to work in PSDV. As much as this is a ridiculous market, I think it time to buy up the weak ones. There are many that are green today, not just some of our stuff but CSCO is up, AAPL isn't down much, it looks like we could reverse here this afternoon and put in a bottom. So I'm buying the weak!
    3MIKE, cjcampbell, Corbu and 12 others like this.
    02-11-16 10:45 AM
    As we approach my downside target for the DJ, I sold out of my gold stock and put it to work in PSDV. As much as this is a ridiculous market, I think it time to buy up the weak ones. There are many that are green today, not just some of our stuff but CSCO is up, AAPL isn't down much, it looks like we could reverse here this afternoon and put in a bottom. So I'm buying the weak!
    That's funny I sold all my NGD this week and did the same thing
    02-11-16 11:20 AM
    Cleared some of my USD holdings and moved into CAD oil holdings. Anything below 27.00 is a bargain for me.

Posted via my BlackBerry Passport
    02-11-16 11:36 AM
    Forbes Welcome

Blackberry enters oversold territory.
    02-11-16 11:44 AM
    Reading material

http://blogs.blackberry.com/2016/02/...-what-you-get/

02-11-16 11:45 AM
    I'm no expert, but is it possible that the the markets come back up and oil stays low or even continue their descent?
    02-11-16 12:03 PM
  14. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    BlackBerry should be buying back their stock as quickly as they can to the max allowed. And after they have done so, announce further buybacks!

Posted via CB10
    ZayDub, 3MIKE, morganplus8 and 6 others like this.
    02-11-16 12:30 PM
    I'm no expert, but is it possible that the the markets come back up and oil stays low or even continue their descent?
    We always have negative oil price as an option. Lol

3MIKE and _dimi_ like this.
    02-11-16 01:23 PM
    BlackBerry should be buying back their stock as quickly as they can to the max allowed. And after they have done so, announce further buybacks!

Posted via CB10
    I'm no expert, but with this market condition, would it not be wise to go shopping for companies instead of buying back shares?

3MIKE and zlatno like this.
    02-11-16 01:26 PM
    I'm no expert, but with this market condition, would it not be wise to go shopping for companies instead of buying back shares?

I'm no expert, but I think they have a guy to spare to hit the buy button a couple of times a day.

Posted via CB10
    3MIKE, morganplus8, rarsen and 2 others like this.
    02-11-16 01:33 PM
    I'm no expert, but I think they have a guy to spare to hit the buy button a couple of times a day.

Posted via CB10
    If they don't have that guy, I will send BlackBerry my resume. I have experience in pushing buttons. Lol

02-11-16 01:45 PM
    Bbjdog, panic button?

Posted via my PRIV
    bbjdog, 3MIKE, cjcampbell and 1 others like this.
    02-11-16 01:48 PM
    Bbjdog, panic button?

Posted via my PRIV
    Lol!

No I removed the panic button from my devices and replaced it with the hold and buy button.

morganplus8, rarsen and Mr BBRY like this.
    02-11-16 01:52 PM
    OT: Amazon stock-buyback
    Amazon: Can?t Buy Back Investor Love - WSJ

Amazon.com apparently thinks its stock is cheap. That is a bit of a leap at more than 100 times estimated forward earnings.

The e-commerce giant said late Wednesday that its board had authorized a $5 billion stock-buyback program. The program, which has no expiration date, allows Amazon to repurchase its shares “when it believes that doing so would enhance long-term shareholder value,” the company said in a securities filing.

With Amazon shares down nearly 30% this year, its shareholders might welcome the buyback as a sign management will be more disciplined in its approach to investment. That could help avoid a repeat of projects like its Fire smartphone, whose flame-out led to a $170 million write-down in October 2014 and a decision last August to scale back its hardware division.

On the other hand, tech companies must constantly invest to remain competitive. This is particularly true of Amazon, where top-line growth—not profits—has historically been a major driver of its stock. In this sense, the stock buyback may have a whiff of desperation.

It also raises another potential concern given a large portion of Amazon’s employee compensation comes in the form of stock. The company reported $2.1 billion in stock-based compensation expense in 2015. Because it isn’t a cash cost, that is excluded from operating cash flow. This is the basis for the free-cash flow metric many on Wall Street tend to follow. But if Amazon turns around and buys back stock, it is effectively putting cash toward employee compensation.

For investors, the announcement of an Amazon stock buyback is more fraught than most.
    02-11-16 02:07 PM
    If it was November and oil was at this price then i would be really concerned. Two more contracts to go before it goes full on bull.

Posted via CB10
    02-11-16 02:08 PM
    Dang oil!!
    02-11-16 02:48 PM
    Interesting 13 G filing with the SEC today:

Canso Investment Counsel Ltd.
    Sole Voting Power
    Percent of Class Represented by Amount in Row (9)
    6.8%
    Pursuant to Rule 13d-3(d)(1) aggregate amount of shares beneficially owned includes (i) 36,942,900 shares issuable upon the conversion of $369,429,000.00 principal amount of convertible debentures of Blackberry Limited and (ii) 225,900 shares, which may be acquired upon the exercise of a call option that expires in January 2017.

http://www.sec.gov/Archives/edgar/da...377_sc13ga.htm

Morgan+8 could you offer some insight? As far as I see it this is merely a housekeeping process.
    Last edited by W Hoa; 02-11-16 at 04:17 PM.
    _dimi_, Corbu, morganplus8 and 8 others like this.
    02-11-16 03:47 PM
    02-11-16 04:01 PM
107,097 ... 38283829383038313832 ...