View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    SWIR suddenly got a lot cheaper for BB. They missed on revenues but the numbers are interesting indeed. They are buying back cheap shares starting Feb 9th too. Come on BB, help these people out and take them off the exchange.
    02-04-16 04:33 PM
    SWIR reported and although they are buying nearly 10% of their shares back, their revenue was below expectations, due to softer demand. Mkt cap was nearly 1.5B just about a year ago, and now (in AH down about 20%) it is about 385M, so an easy tgt for BBRY. They have no debt and about 93.9M in cash, which is about 5.5M higher than last quarter. Options mkt did not price in this move and were betting on a beat, with calls at the 17.50 and 20 strikes the most active
    On the call now. ASP was down, profit was even below their lower end of guidance, revenue year over year was down about 2%,Guidance is now 1st qtr revenue135M to 145M flat from a year ago, and eps to be either slightly negative or positive
    They made 3 acquisitions in cellular connectivity last year. They are in a 20B mkt by 2020 per CEO, they say are positive about longer term, and they will be active in M&A in the future (maybe they will be bought!)
    The analysts questioned the last 2 qtrs they have guided lower and the recovery seems not possible- they answered lost share in enterprise, but they think with new sales leadership they can get it back, and in OEM they have not seen share loss, but OEM are more on hold due to macro environment. They have confidence in this due to long sales cycle here.

Update at 6:26pm EST
    Overall analysts question their ability to make numbers as they missed a few quarters in a row, wait and see is their answer.....
    A great question from Richard Tse (also covers BBRY). He asked about the competitive environment with the acquisition of Jasper by Cisco. He said how do you compete?
    The CEO answered "Interesting valuation with Jasper, huh!- We have the whole chain, from security to cost of service. Their are 15M devices that are new opportunities, and our distribution leverage (interesting what they could do here with BBRY and regarding security!).
    Posted via CB10
    Last edited by kadakn01; 02-04-16 at 05:35 PM.
    02-04-16 04:40 PM
    Thanks for the summary, kadakn01!
    02-04-16 05:09 PM
    Here is just my guesses, some of BBRY'S competitors / partners in auto space ( some cases, a competitor is also a partner and a partner is also a competitor) like Harman, SWIR, are going downward crazy for the past year, do you think QNX is gaining shares against them? Ford, for example, is QNX's gain for sure.

Presented to you by real phone - Passport
    bungaboy, Corbu, 3MIKE and 1 others like this.
    02-04-16 05:34 PM
    Check this below, sounds like Mr. Chen has a new target to joke on who is eating who's lunch later.

http://www.barrons.com/articles/BL-TB-50642

Following the company�s conference call,*Mainz was kind enough to spend a few minutes chatting with me by phone. Mainz was formerly president*of*Wind River, an embedded operating system maker that was bought by*Intel (INTC). As such, he has a perspective on what it means to be part of a larger company, and he expressed enthusiasm for being the �pure play� in mobile management versus*BlackBerry (BBRY) and*VMware�s (VMW)*Airwatch unit.
    �We see BlackBerry,*or Good [Technology, bought out by BlackBerry last year], less and less,� said Mainz. �Air watch we do see in the market. I was part of being a company that was acquired, or being in a situation with competitors where you*are not the standalone outfit, and I think we*have the advantage of being a standalone in this case. We are not*distracted, and in this*business, speed wins. I think we have the opportunity to outrun the competition for some*quarters to come.�

Presented to you by real phone - Passport
    Corbu, morganplus8, rarsen and 7 others like this.
    02-04-16 05:43 PM
    OT: SWIR
    For those that want to listen to the call:

A webcast presentation will also be available for viewing in conjunction with the conference call. To access the webcast, please follow the link below:

https://event.on24.com/eventRegistra...epage=register

For those unable to listen live, the webcast will remain available at the above link for one year following the call.
    02-04-16 06:06 PM
    SS, I pm you but not sure if you got them. My app freezes everytime I try to pm.

You might be right, in same boat as Olympic want it to reach a certain sp to buy bbry again. I found it weird that there was no halt for the news...halt was due to volatility, was triggered when it jumped to 2.70

Posted via CB10
    Lol guess I'm not alone...bored enough i bought some HALO to day trade, might as well take advantage on the swings and make a few hundred..beer money!

Posted via CB10
    02-04-16 09:13 PM
    LinkedIn down 30 percent.. Sierra Wireless down 15 percent.. and Mobile Iron CEO sees BlackBerry/Good "less and less" in the market. What a laughable statement I don't think they intend to stay around on the Nasdaq for too much longer as statements like these can catch up on someone eventually...

Posted via CB10
    02-05-16 01:15 AM
    OT: MOBL
    A word from our friend...

James E. Faucette

Morgan Stanley

February 5, 2016

Securing Recurring Revenues

Industry View: Cautious / Stock Rating: Equal-weight / Price Target: $7.00

MOBL's Q4 results and outlook were helped by momentum in recurring billings, but expectations for continued opex ramp keeps us cautious even as management progresses towards its breakeven target.

Momentum in recurring revenue encouraging but we remain cautious on long-term market opportunity. MOBL's Q4 results highlighted recurring billings growth of 30% YoY as subscription and support contract revenue drove results. Management emphasized a correlation between the rate of growth in recurring revenue and cumulative seats, and highlighted continued success selling across the enterprise market. While the mix shift away from perpetual licenses gives us more confidence in management's forecasts, we continue to believe that the mobile device management market will become increasingly difficult for pureplay vendors. Our checks to date find larger enterprise vendors increasingly bundling device management features with broader solution sets while many customers' mobile security or content/application management needs do not require the most sophisticated solutions.

Upside to billings growth offset by continued opex ramp. Q4 rev. / EPS of $43mm / ($0.07) was above our original estimate of $42mm / ($0.12), driven by strong billings growth and a slower than expected hiring cadence. While management's FY16 billings outlook ($180mm - $200mm) suggests upside to our original estimate of $182mm, they also expect to resume the pace of hiring and continue to ramp its go-to-market, pointing to Q1 opex above our original forecast of $40mm ($42mm - $44mm). While upside and recurring billings growth gives us increasing confidence in management's forecasts, we think the resumption in spend leaves the company's trajectory in operating margin improvement largely unchanged.

Adjusting estimates. We now expect 1Q16 and FY16 revenues / EPS of $39mm / ($0.13) and $170mm / ($0.39) (from $38mm / ($0.13) and $163mm / ($0.38) respectively). The company continues to target operating cash flow breakeven in 4Q16, and while our estimates are in-line our operating margin forecast ticks down slightly to reflect expected opex growth.

Remain EW with $7PT. While MobileIron remains a technology leader in our checks, we remain EW as the path forward becomes increasingly difficult given the concentrating competitive landscape. We think these companies have significantly more scale that allows them to compete aggressively with MobileIron. We think valuation is limited to ~2.5x EV/16e rev for the foreseeable future given those concerns (which could likely be realized in a strategic scenario). Continued reacceleration in growth rates or acceleration towards breakeven target could make us more positive on the name.
    02-05-16 08:00 AM
    How is it Equal weight when you claim to be the leader ...

Posted via my PRIV
    02-05-16 09:06 AM
    LinkedIn down 30 percent.. Sierra Wireless down 15 percent.. and Mobile Iron CEO sees BlackBerry/Good "less and less" in the market. What a laughable statement I don't think they intend to stay around on the Nasdaq for too much longer as statements like these can catch up on someone eventually...

Posted via CB10
    _dimi_ !!

You and I know that LinkedIn was a little rich for what they can offer to the bottom line. The monster drop in SWIR is really a bit of a puzzle given their forecast is flat to positive and they are retiring shares. It doesn't look good when you forecast flat numbers and use what little money you have to grow the business, to buy back shares. BlackBerry, please help these guys out and take them off the market.

Now MOBL, back in October, their stock hit $ 2.80/shr and six months prior to that, $ 9.50/shr ...... soooo, how did the CEO manage to do so well? He stated at $ 9.50/shr that he would grow revenues and improve cash-flow and that "he didn't see BlackBerry anywhere". It wasn't long after that he needed to revise his revenue targets and guide much lower. The rest is history, their stock has plunged big time, and today, he is stating the same nonsense that got him into trouble in 2015. Even Faucette saw through this Q's numbers, on the back of cost reduction and freezes in OPEX they pumped up the data. BlackBerry, put these guys out of their misery by sitting back and watching them collapse on their own BS.

Let's send Chen a letter and tell him to buy up to 10% of SWIR shares to help them out here.

Enough rambling, it appears that oil has plunged 31 pennies and the world is coming to an end ... AGAIN! Darn that oil.
    02-05-16 09:19 AM
    How is it Equal weight when you claim to be the leader ...

Posted via my PRIV
    Credit goes to Faucette this time around for stating that an OPEX reduction saved their quarter, that's not something you expect from a troll like him.

He then went onto say that, .... "(which could likely be realized in a strategic scenario)" meaning that they are going to get $ 7.00/shr if someone buys them, that's the only way out. Months ago I saw them getting $ 4.80/shr in a buyout, today, that has dropped to $ 4.20/shr and that's with $ 97 MM in cash in the bank. Let's sit back here and watch them generate another fine quarter of minimal losses, twice in a row. At least Faucette admitted that OPEX will have to go much higher to save their forecasts.
    02-05-16 09:27 AM
    Oil every fking day. When will this story end?

Posted via my PRIV
    02-05-16 09:28 AM
    Oil every fking day. When will this story end?

Posted via my PRIV
    When the summer contracts kicks in, anything before that is a fake unless opec actually cuts back, which they won't.

Posted via CB10
    StormieTwo likes this.
    02-05-16 11:04 AM
    OT: oil prices should have been way down today, keep pumping the oil price to stable the markets!

Posted via my BlackBerry Passport
    02-05-16 12:04 PM
    MobileSyrup reporting on Twitter 23 mins ago "BlackBerry cuts 35% of Waterloo workforce, BlackBerry 10 and Devices staff affected"
    02-05-16 12:10 PM
    BlackBerry Ltd. has notified the State of Florida that it is laying off 75 workers, and sources close to the company say there could be significantly more cuts coming at its Waterloo, Ont. headquarters as well.

On Thursday, Blackberry issued a Worker Adjustment and Retraining Notification Notice that it would be cutting 75 manufacturing employees at its facility in Sunrise, Florida.
    BlackBerry to cut 75 jobs in Florida - The Globe and Mail
    02-05-16 12:12 PM
    MobileSyrup has received multiple reports that over the past two days a significant number of BlackBerry employees at the company’s Waterloo offices have been laid off. Multiple sources with knowledge of the company and the Waterloo region place that number close to 35 percent of BlackBerry’s total workforce in the area.

With best estimates placing approximately 2,700 BlackBerry employees in the Waterloo region, this leaves the layoffs around 1,000 employees, a number MobileSyrup has heard from multiple sources. These sources indicate that the company’s BlackBerry 10 and Devices teams were the hardest hit, the latter losing approximately 150 employees.
    BlackBerry reportedly cuts 35% of Waterloo workforce, including significant BlackBerry 10 & Devices staff | MobileSyrup.com
    02-05-16 12:17 PM
  19. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    With the Canadian Dollar at such a discount to the US $, makes sense to do more in Canada, where possible. In any event, as a percentage of total workforce this is nothing to go to press on...
    Waterloo...on the other hand, could see adjustments due to matching of future skills with future demands.... best to be proactive than reactive later....

Posted via CB10
    02-05-16 12:29 PM
    Happy Friday all.

Posted via the device I grabbed today.
    sidhuk, rarsen, 3MIKE and 1 others like this.
    02-05-16 12:39 PM
    And...hoping the layoff rumours are false.

W Hoa, morganplus8, sidhuk and 4 others like this.
    02-05-16 12:44 PM
    From BlackBerry - a small number of employees have been impacted

“As BlackBerry continues to execute its turnaround plan, we remain focused on driving efficiencies across our global workforce. This means finding new ways to enable us to capitalize on growth opportunities, while driving toward sustainable profitability across all parts of our business. As a result, a small number of employees have been impacted in Waterloo and Sunrise, FL. It also means that BlackBerry is actively recruiting in those areas of our business that will drive growth. For those employees that have recently left the company, we know that they have worked hard on behalf of our company and we are grateful for their commitment and contributions.”
    http://techcrunch.com/2016/02/05/bla...ring-facility/
    02-05-16 12:57 PM
    And...hoping the layoff rumours are false.

So now we know they might have let 0 - 1,000 employees go. What with the Good purchase and everything else that is going on including the requirement to maintain BB10 and not invent it, it seems fair that someone might have to go. We'll see. Now back to why biotech is killing the market, rumour has it they couldn't blame today's sell-off on oil. No one knows though .....................
    02-05-16 12:58 PM
    So now we know they might have let 0 - 1,000 employees go. What with the Good purchase and everything else that is going on including the requirement to maintain BB10 and not invent it, it seems fair that someone might have to go. We'll see. Now back to why biotech is killing the market, rumour has it they couldn't blame today's sell-off on oil. No one knows though .....................
    Just a thought, might the reason bee who is leading the US candidate race?

02-05-16 01:04 PM
    Just a thought, might the reason bee who is leading the US candidate race?

There's no guessing that biotech is down because Hilary took Iowa. She did it on a coin toss but just the same, the IBB Index is dead right now and our fav stocks are following it down.

The DOW Jones looks fine, the chart pattern is that of a pull back due to it being Friday more than anything else. Even BlackBerry has dropped back to support which used to be resistance for weeks. The volume across the board is really light so I'm still in the camp that we are see a pre-weekend pull back. If the DOW were even right now, oil would be up a buck a barrel. I would look for a pop in just about everything next week. The doomsday pros are still at it every day though so you never know. GL
    02-05-16 01:11 PM
113,256 ... 38223823382438253826 ...