View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    01-29-16 03:24 PM
    So long January. That was one f'd up New Years joke you played. haha. Glad to see it ended well at least and I look forward to the rest of the year. Now if news outlets could stop reporting of a looming recession, we could avoid the self fulfilling prophecy and get growth again.
    01-29-16 03:49 PM
    Hey Morgan... I had $250 pegged as the next line for the IBB. Today it kissed $260 and the last 2 days seem to have set the most consistent flat-ish days in weeks, forgetting opening movement. Do you think the index has room to go or do you see a floor put in. The members of the index are more than a tad beat up.
    01-29-16 03:57 PM
    Today's recap (shorts) :

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-capture.png

As mentioned before, I like when SP is up and volume is low.
    Is that you, John ? #haha
    La Emperor, sidhuk, dusdal and 5 others like this.
    01-29-16 04:05 PM
    Hey Morgan... I had $250 pegged as the next line for the IBB. Today it kissed $260 and the last 2 days seem to have set the most consistent flat-ish days in weeks, forgetting opening movement. Do you think the index has room to go or do you see a floor put in. The members of the index are more than a tad beat up.
    I think its barely back into oversold for the second time but it will be saved by the general market. The large caps in the IBB sector are really oversold. I see the Dow up 600 more pts (for Feb.), the S&P 500 up 60 more points and then we need to look at everything again. If you look at CELG, it dipped into bear country, reversed and Thursdays major drop was no longer confirmed as a breakdown. There are a number of large caps that look the same way, they dropped hard but were saved today. So now I see the general market moving higher in February. There is plenty of damage to the charts but many of these stocks can still make a very nice recovery starting next week. It took 400 pts on the DOW to get BBRY up to resistance, that's a lot of rally for such a modest gain. I do think BBRY gets to its 50-dma this time around and then its up to world governments to stimulate their respective economies before we can continue for the rest of the year. I'm mostly in biotech but I will be fading into this rally until I know that the general market is safe to continue. There is some very good support at $ 260 on the IBB and the general market looks to be as glad as you and I that January is behind us. As for something like BBRY, I would be a seller of covered calls on the next leg up from here. Its one of those markets where you have to assess it every couple of days it seems. GL
    rarsen, cjcampbell, Corbu and 5 others like this.
    01-29-16 05:54 PM
    OT: Apple and its cash
    Apple?s Cash Pile Triggers Talk of Capital Returns and Acquisitions - The CFO Report - WSJ

For analysts following Apple Inc. cash is back to being a four-letter word.

The headline news on the company’s fiscal first-quarter earnings call earlier this week all about slowing iPhone sales growth, which dampened investor spirits. Analysts, though, are focusing their attention on the $215.7 billion in cash, cash equivalents and marketable securities on Apple’s balance sheet.

The 21.2% run-up in Apple’s cash from $178 billion a year ago far outpaces earnings and sales growth, and has triggered talk as to how it should be spent.

“It’s such a hot button issue,” said Daniel Ives, a managing director at FBR Capital Markets & Co. “There is more pressure for them to spend it.”

Wall Street is generally eager to see the money returned to shareholders— via dividend hikes, big share buybacks– or, more controversially, through a large, game-changing acquisition.

Analysts are at least anticipating a return of capital, according to Gene Munster, a senior research analyst at Piper Jaffray & Co. “Investors are well-prepared for an increase in the dividend and the buyback,” he said. Mr. Munster’s colleague, research analyst Doug Clinton, said many are targeting a 10% rise this year on Apple’s dividend of 52 cents. They are looking for a $50 billion share buyback authorization, Mr. Clinton added, on top of the $50 billion authorized last year.

An Apple spokeswoman did not return a phone call and an email seeking comment.

Mr. Ives calculates the cash stockpile amounts to $40 a share. “The street is not going to give them credit for that,” he added. Apple shares closed at $94.09 Thursday, down 10.6% so far this year.

The timing of any announcement is expected in the April quarter, according to Brian Colello, director of technology research at Morningstar Inc., when Apple may address its capital allocation plans.

Some investors thought Apple’s cash-rich problem was solved back in 2012 when, under activist pressure, chief executive Timothy Cook reinstated the company’s cash dividend for the first time since 1995. The company has also repurchased shares since then.

Analysts are looking for signals that Apple has the appetite for a major acquisition. As iPhone sales slow, the company could try to boost its enterprise-related business, or expand its streaming media, automotive or wearable device efforts. “This is a golden opportunity for Cook to take the cobwebs off the cash,” said Mr. Ives.

Others are skeptical. “Apple’s tradition has been to build rather than buy,” said Mr. Colello. “We’re not counting on it.”

Analysts point out that since the vast majority of the cash is domiciled overseas and subject to steep taxation if it’s repatriated, there is another option, albeit one that requires patience.

“Maybe the best thing is to wait for a tax holiday and bring back $200 billion,” Mr. Munster
    bungaboy, sidhuk, rarsen and 1 others like this.
    01-29-16 09:00 PM
    Earnings Announcement for MOBL: Feb 04, 2016
    MobileIron, Inc. is expected* to report earnings on 02/04/2016 after market close. The report will be for the fiscal Quarter ending Dec 2015. According to Zacks Investment Research, based on 2 analysts' forecasts, the consensus EPS forecast for the quarter is $-0.23. The reported EPS for the same quarter last year was $-0.21.

Posted via CB10
    01-30-16 02:49 AM
    Earnings Announcement for MOBL: Feb 04, 2016
    MobileIron, Inc. is expected* to report earnings on 02/04/2016 after market close. The report will be for the fiscal Quarter ending Dec 2015. According to Zacks Investment Research, based on 2 analysts' forecasts, the consensus EPS forecast for the quarter is $-0.23. The reported EPS for the same quarter last year was $-0.21.

Posted via CB10
    If they can't get the cash burn under control they're toast.

Posted via CB10
    01-30-16 08:49 AM
    Anyone think AAPL could actually repatriate this kind of money? I mean, who could cough that much up all at once? If shareholders want their share they may have to become Irish residents.

Posted via CB10
    01-30-16 08:54 AM
    Anyone think AAPL could actually repatriate this kind of money? I mean, who could cough that much up all at once? If shareholders want their share they may have to become Irish residents.

Posted via CB10
    Ya. It's pretty crazy the predicament they are in. They are incurring debt just to do their share buyback program.

Posted via CB10
    01-30-16 09:24 AM
    If they can't get the cash burn under control they're toast.

Posted via CB10
    With their revenue rising and market cap falling, I think they're becoming a very attractive acquisition target. I wonder if JC would still consider a bid if their largest competitor in MDM, VMware, starts showing interest in MobileIron.. despite current lay-offs etc going on.

Posted via CB10
    01-30-16 09:27 AM
    Looking forward to the end of Q.

Blackberry is expanding Priv to many markets. They are counting everything shipped to carriers in the numbers sold. So they will count sales for everything shipped to carriers plus sold through via direct distribution channels. Pretty much - everything they are making will count as a sale.

Share buyback. They need to buy 17M shares by end of June. About 4-5 months. Say 4M buys per month, 20 trading days, 200K avg per day. About 2% of avg daily volume. Also removing shortable shares. Tighten a squeeze at Q4 / full fiscal.

Hardware. Keep strategy, offer BB10 for healthcare / government who want to maintain best security. Everyone else has the secured Android offering. Offer ONLY the BB10 Passport at pretty decent ASP. Forecast 4M Blackberry Android sales and high ASP Privs. Total 5M BB10 (1M) plus 4M Android this year. Hardware unit profitable and increasing ASP, revenue, margin. I just wish they'd get Blend out there for their Androids as a great differentiator.

Q/Q for the rest of the year will keep increasing QNX Auto license rev.

I predict should be over $9.50 after Q4 earnings, over $10 by mid April, over $12 by end of calendar year.
    01-30-16 11:53 AM
    I just wish they'd get Blend out there for their Androids as a great differentiator.
    Amen.
    01-30-16 05:53 PM
    I just wish they'd get Blend out there for their Androids as a great differentiator.
    I wonder why they haven't done so yet? Waiting to see if Priv/Droid catches on before they do, maybe?
    01-30-16 06:37 PM
    I had to read this 3 or 4 times.

I thought I was seeing Get your Blend out and get Androids. LoL
    Corbu, 3MIKE, La Emperor and 2 others like this.
    01-30-16 07:32 PM
    Slightly OT....but BB did invest in NantHealth.

?NantHealth delays IPO due to market conditions - L.A. Biz
    "NantHealth delays IPO due to Market conditions"....guess not so much due to market conditions!

"With NaviNet now in the fold, NantHealth also can turn its attention back to a planned initial public offering. �We delayed the IPO because we were going through this acquisition,� Soon-Shiong confessed."

With NaviNet in the fold, NantHealth looks to integration, IPOMedCity News

NantHealth moves into payer realm with NaviNet purchaseMedCity News
    01-31-16 01:58 PM
    Interesting post to be filled with BB in Munich:
    https://bb.wd3.myworkdayjobs.com/en-...-f-_20152245-1

Be part of something special; come join the BlackBerry Technology Solutions Team!
    BlackBerry Technology Solutions (BTS) business unit, unites BlackBerry's innovative technology assets, including: QNX (embedded software), Internet of Things application platform, Certicom (cryptography applications), and Paratek (RF antenna tuning), as well as BlackBerry's extensive patent portfolio to provide innovative, industry leading and valuable end-to-end solutions to help businesses easily connect people, devices and machines.

It’s an exciting time to join us!
    We are looking for a talented Sales Manager to drive the revenue & adoption of our patented asset tracking solution across the EMEA region. This solution is truly a world’s first, encompassing both software and hardware elements which is set to revolutionize the logistics industry.

Position Summary
    Working as part of a growing global team, you will be responsible for developing, managing and leveraging relationships directly (at a senior level) with customers & Distributors to launch the asset tracking solution into your region ensuring its success. We are looking for a results driven individual with strong solutions sales & business development experience who is truly passionate about technology. As the potential for the asset tracking solution stretches far beyond a single industry, this role really does offer plenty of opportunity for growth and development. This is truly a case of results being able to deliver development opportunities for the right individual.
    Kudos to PING!!!
    01-31-16 06:28 PM
    From memory Munich is also headquarters to many large German compagnies including Siemens, BMW...
    Corbu, 3MIKE, lech31 and 3 others like this.
    01-31-16 07:19 PM
    Rarsen, you have been missing for sometime. Welcome back

Posted via my PRIV
    Corbu, 3MIKE, JLagoon and 4 others like this.
    01-31-16 09:35 PM
    02-01-16 08:00 AM
    02-01-16 08:00 AM
    Thanks. Am around even with the regular day job (to pay bills and buy more shares) keeping me exceptionally busy, so I end up doing more occasional CB drive-bys. And valuable colleagues are doing a great job, so more difficult for me to find items of potential interest. Enjoy the new possibilities of 2016.
    02-01-16 08:05 AM
    Over the weekend Chen tweeted about pricing in India: price to carrier partners is same in all regions and BBRY does not control sell through price.

Posted via CB10
    Corbu, rarsen, La Emperor and 6 others like this.
    02-01-16 09:48 AM
    OT from the Related Technologies file:

Tesla hires creator of iPhone's processor to work on self-driving car tech | ZDNet
    "Jim will bring together the best internal and external hardware technologies to develop the safest, most advanced autopilot systems in the world. Keller will presumably take a big role at Tesla to develop chips that power Autopilot. So far, Autopilot has been called far from perfect - leaving plenty for Keller and Co. to build on for the Tesla Model 3 and future vehicles."

One in four executives say Internet of Things is already delivering, survey findshttp://<br /> http://www.zdnet.com/a...-survey-finds/
    "The survey finds close to one in four organizations (22%) have reached the stage where IoT initiatives "are having a substantial impact" on their businesses. The majority of organizations (55%) expect IoT initiatives to have a high level of impact on their business over the next five years. Only two percent say there will be no impact at all.
    Last edited by rarsen; 02-01-16 at 11:02 AM. Reason: Added IoT info
    02-01-16 10:17 AM
    02-01-16 12:17 PM
113,256 ... 38173818381938203821 ...