1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Reading material on DTSec.

http://blogs.blackberry.com/2016/01/...net-of-things/

Posted via my BlackBerry Passport
    Last edited by bbjdog; 01-13-16 at 10:58 AM.
    morganplus8, 3MIKE, Corbu and 5 others like this.
    01-12-16 12:31 PM
    BlackBerry 10.3.2 and BlackBerry Blend 1.2 Coming to All BlackBerry 10 Devices | Inside BlackBerry

UPDATE – January 12, 2016: A BlackBerry 10.3.2 Hot Fix Update has started to roll out across the globe to BlackBerry 10 devices. The update includes Calendar update, removal of the BBM Meetings app and patches to the Android Player. Please check with your carrier for local availability details.
    01-12-16 12:55 PM
    Well we're not oversold yet but quickly approaching RSI=30 on the daily chart..... I'm glad I didn't get back in yesterday.... still have room to go down as there is no more clear support level at this point
    01-12-16 01:10 PM
    So why is it called "support" when the stock price routinely breaks through?
    01-12-16 01:16 PM
    @corbu all? Not priv

Posted via my PRIV
    01-12-16 02:06 PM
    So why is it called "support" when the stock price routinely breaks through?
    It's a highly debated subject..... not everyone sees it the same

Support & Resistance Basics | Investopedia
    3MIKE, rarsen and masterful like this.
    01-12-16 02:14 PM
    Nice end of day rally almost across the board. I can't believe that even the TSX came back to green on the day. I now wonder what oil will do tomorrow. Was that moment ago dip under $30 enough to satisfy?

Posted via CB10
    3MIKE, Mr BBRY, La Emperor and 6 others like this.
    01-12-16 03:02 PM
    BBRY short interest
    As of 12/15----- 77.8M
    As of 12/31----- 75.8M
    Decrease of 2M shares

Posted via CB10
    01-12-16 03:06 PM
    So, anyone think stocks trade independently? lol... Here's the "FANG" 3 minute charts for the day. A tad similar me thinks.

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-screen-shot-2016-01-12-4.09.53-pm.png
    01-12-16 03:12 PM
    So, anyone think stocks trade independently? lol... Here's the "FANG" 3 minute charts for the day. A tad similar me thinks.
    Another view with the DJI thrown in

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-anotherview.jpg
    01-12-16 04:13 PM
    This (old) story seems to be getting a bit of media attention of late:

Dutch police claim they can crack PGP-encrypted BlackBerrys

However what most are not saying is:

If a BlackBerry device isn�t paired to a BlackBerry Enterprise Server (BES), it may be possible to attack it using chip-off (literally removing chips from the device for forensic analysis) or through a JTAG debugging connection on older devices. Devices that are attached to a �friendly� BES server can also be hacked by using the BES to reset the device�s credentials remotely.

If a device is attached to an unfriendly BES, it�s essentially impossible to crack.
    Dutch police claim they can crack PGP-encrypted BlackBerrys | ExtremeTech
    01-12-16 04:48 PM
    01-12-16 05:04 PM
    Nice charts CJ!

Posted via CB10 my BlackBerry Passport
    01-12-16 05:41 PM
    OT, but good reading material.

http://www.cmegroup.com/education/fe...appetites.html

morganplus8, 3MIKE, Corbu and 3 others like this.
    01-12-16 07:01 PM
    Reading material for self driving fans!

LOS ANGELES (AP) � Google's futuristic self-driving cars needed some old-fashioned human intervention to avoid 11 crashes during testing on California roads, the company revealed Tuesday, results it says are encouraging but show the technology has yet to reach the goal of not needing someone behind the wheel.

http://news.yahoo.com/google-self-dr...001723776.html

01-12-16 10:00 PM
    This (old) story seems to be getting a bit of media attention of late:

Dutch police claim they can crack PGP-encrypted BlackBerrys

However what most are not saying is:

Dutch police claim they can crack PGP-encrypted BlackBerrys | ExtremeTech
    It's really old news. Was in the Dutch papers in december. The Dutch police force is still using BlackBerries , so I guess it's still safe.

Posted via CB10
    01-13-16 01:12 AM
    It's really old news. Was in the Dutch papers in december. The Dutch police force is still using BlackBerries , so I guess it's still safe.
    Bla1ze has made an interesting comment about this on another thread:

But you know, heaven forbid someone Google something before flying off the handle. Here's a video from 2012, as an example of how long some of this stuff has been claimed. Every few months Cellebrite and Elcomsoft issue a bunch of press releases touting the ability to pull forensic data from BlackBerry's (among other devices), Cellebrite even has a pretty webpage dedicated to BlackBerry. A bunch of sites pick up on it and then post, and there's a ton of hoopla for a few days then it disappears. Yadda, yadda, yadda.
    http://forums.crackberry.com/general...ticle-1057881/
    3MIKE, rarsen, Superfly_FR and 5 others like this.
    01-13-16 06:28 AM
    Good Powered by BlackBerry Secure Container and Apps Receive Highest Level of Certification for Both iOS and Android

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/good-p...140000055.html

This is better than the rewashed article we've been seeing lately!
    bungaboy, La Emperor and CDM76 like this.
    01-13-16 07:28 AM
    I don't think this has been posted before.

Apple boss Tim Cook clashes with US government over encryption

Apple boss Tim Cook clashes with US government over encryption | Technology | The Guardian

This is sample of the last paragraph ;

In the wake of the Paris attacks in late 2015, Apple teamed up with Microsoft, Google, Samsung, Twitter, Facebook and 56 other technology companies to reject calls for weakening encryption.

� Apple, Google and Microsoft: weakening encryption lets the bad guys in
    01-13-16 07:46 AM
    01-13-16 08:15 AM
    Bla1ze has made an interesting comment about this on another thread:

http://forums.crackberry.com/general...ticle-1057881/
    Bla1ze comments.

http://forums.crackberry.com/general.../#post12205752

Right, you need physical access to the device and it needs to be one of the custom modded variations, some of which the methodology doesn't even apply to, among a ton of other variables such as whether or not the device was encrypted, had it's content protection turned on, etc. etc. On top of that, Cellebrite and Elcomsoft have been claiming this stuff for years. The only 'new' part here is the PGP-Modded stuff.

BlackBerry | Cellebrite Mobile Forensics Blog

http://www.cellebrite.com/Media/Defa...se%20Study.pdf

http://www.cellebrite.com/Media/Defa...tion-Brief.pdf

But you know, heaven forbid someone Google something before flying off the handle. Here's a video from 2012, as an example of how long some of this stuff has been claimed. Every few months Cellebrite and Elcomsoft issue a bunch of press releases touting the ability to pull forensic data from BlackBerry's (among other devices), Cellebrite even has a pretty webpage dedicated to BlackBerry. A bunch of sites pick up on it and then post, and there's a ton of hoopla for a few days then it disappears. Yadda, yadda, yadda. It's all feeling like Deja vu, the only difference, this time, is there's some interest in BlackBerry helped by the release of the Priv.

Even The Register is poking a little fun - http://www.theregister.co.uk/2016/01...ry_pgp_riddle/ and the kicker of it all really is, as BeheGOD noted, it's not even new news. It was initially reported back in December, so someone has been putting in work to get filtered back up to the top of the news cycle. That alone is pretty darn shady lol.

Seriously, just Google 'Cellebrite hack iphone' or 'Cellebrite hack Android', you'll see essentially the same thing written over and over again and Elcomsoft is even worse because they go hardcore with pushing their agenda. And to be fair, I'm not saying the stuff doesn't work, I'm just saying it's nothing new and a bit of a shame that everyone else seems to help them push their crap whether it be knowingly or unknowingly. OK. I'm done. /rant.
    Corbu, W Hoa, 3MIKE and 6 others like this.
    01-13-16 08:19 AM
    At Bungaboy, as Shane would say, put down the cup of coffee and back off. Lol

01-13-16 08:47 AM
    Dubai-based GCC retailer Axiom reports extensive demand for Priv
    By Vicky Kapur
    Published Wednesday, January 13, 2016

Within a week of the official availability of BlackBerry’s Android-powered Priv smartphone here in the UAE and across the GCC, one of the region’s largest mobile reseller says the device is selling like hotcakes.

“We are seeing extraordinary demand from our customers for Priv by Blackberry, as many would like to enjoy the flexibility offered by Android without compromising their privacy,” Faisal Al Bannai, Managing Director at Dubai-based axiom, said in a media statement.

“Sales have exceeded our expectations with many customers choosing to trade in their existing smartphones...,” added Al Bannai.
    BlackBerry Priv for just Dh149 in Dubai - Emirates 24|7

Note: GCC countries are Bahrain, Kuwait, Oman, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, UAE
    Last edited by W Hoa; 01-13-16 at 09:14 AM.
    01-13-16 09:00 AM
    One success story at a time.

How BBM’s Mobile Commerce Helps a Home Business Owner Sell More Shoes Than A Mall Store

How BBM?s Mobile Commerce Helps a Home Business Sell More Shoes | Inside BlackBerry
    rarsen, 3MIKE, bungaboy and 1 others like this.
    01-13-16 09:13 AM
    OT from the Related Technologies files:

How would you react to IoT motion-trackers under your desk? These staff fought back | ZDNet
    "employers everywhere are faced with a growing choice of Internet of Things technologies to monitor staff whereabouts and productivity, ranging from wearables to desktop software."

Of course Apple's working on electric car, says Tesla chief Elon Musk | ZDNet
    "can't hide your plans when you hire over 1,000 engineers to do the job. Welcomes the competition, viewing the likely arrival of the iPhone maker in the electric vehicle race as a bonus for Tesla. Also following Ford's announcement that it will ship CarPlay with new models equipped with Sync in 2017, Apple has now published a list of vehicles by model, brand, and year that will support CarPlay. Apple highlights that there are "more than 100 models to choose from" on the page. "
    01-13-16 09:19 AM
113,256 ... 37943795379637973798 ...