Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Hey guys, just a friendly reminder !

While we'll keep in mind that CB10 users won't be happy with large quotes,
    please remind that only posting a link w/o any contextual information (summary, quote, you take, ...) is pretty much out of bounds.
    Thanks !
    SF
    01-12-16 03:09 AM
    Thanks chrysaurora

...we believe another potential point of option value is the in the area of asset tracking,� says Tse. �Based on a presentation by BlackBerry�s President of BlackBerry Technology Solutions, Sandeep Chennakeshu, it appears there�s more movement on this initiative that was originally presented in a similar forum at last year�s CES. While it�s still early, it appears BlackBerry has been able to sign on a number of large trials with potential transportation/logistics customers for its end-to-end proprietary tracking solution that would work globally.

Tse says that while delivering on the many irons that BlackBerry now has in the fire is a very real risk, he also thinks that the value in the company�s stock means these things are free or cheap options for investors.
    BlackBerry could make a serious move into asset tracking, says Cormark - Cantech Letter
    3MIKE, zlatno, Mr BBRY and 8 others like this.
    01-12-16 06:18 AM
    OT:

I love those BBC stories where the name of the company isn't written properly...

Dutch police 'read' Blackberry emails - BBC News
    3MIKE, bungaboy, rarsen and 2 others like this.
    01-12-16 07:09 AM
    OT:

I love those BBC stories where the name of the company isn't written properly...

That's because it's a third party software they read. They didn't crack BlackBerry. Even the site that promotes the service spells it wrong and I'm guessing for legal reasons.

http://www.toppgp.com/our-pgp-encryption/

Posted via CB10
    Corbu, Mr BBRY, 3MIKE and 5 others like this.
    01-12-16 07:24 AM
    OT:

Let's take a guess, maybe the 9720 phone again? Disclaimer!

"However, we can't comment on this claim as we don't have any details on the specific device or the way that it was configured, managed or otherwise protected, nor do we have details on the nature of the communications that are claimed to have been decrypted," a spokeswoman told the BBC.

Posted via my BlackBerry Passport
    Corbu, 3MIKE, morganplus8 and 4 others like this.
    01-12-16 07:27 AM
    Media will run with the headline and ignore everything else.

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy likes this.
    01-12-16 07:30 AM
    I knew the above sounded familiar (from spiller):
    http://forums.crackberry.com/bbry-f3...l#post12169483

So, it's basically the BBC taking up this story three weeks later... :
    Dutch forensic team cracks Blackberry encryption - NL Times

Original source, dated December 21:
    Onderwereld in paniek na achterhalen versleuteling BlackBerry PGP door NFI
    3MIKE, foxdog0007, Mr BBRY and 6 others like this.
    01-12-16 07:48 AM
    Let's take a guess, maybe the 9720 phone again? Disclaimer!

"However, we can't comment on this claim as we don't have any details on the specific device or the way that it was configured, managed or otherwise protected, nor do we have details on the nature of the communications that are claimed to have been decrypted," a spokeswoman told the BBC.

Aaanndd!! They had to have access to the phone. Lol
    bungaboy likes this.
    01-12-16 08:00 AM
    Good loving with reading material.

https://www1.good.com/about/press-re...ification.html
    3MIKE, Corbu, morganplus8 and 6 others like this.
    01-12-16 08:10 AM
    Aaanndd!! They had to have access to the phone. Lol
    Indeed! rare phone to find! I was looking up the endangered phone list and found that the 9720 was on it. I truly admire the dedication and commitment in tracking this phone down. All the power to them! LOL
    01-12-16 08:15 AM
    Alright let's get back ....

Posted via my PRIV
    01-12-16 08:48 AM
    I never understand why folks get so twisted when we are in this type of market. These times are ideal for some amazing prices for so many depressed stocks. I really don't care that my portfolio is in the red, substantially on a few I might add. It's all going to come back eventually and we will be golden... IF you have spare cash you can also average down too. Just love this market. Always have spare cash just in case!

ECA is at stupid prices. Any bounce in the oil price will send it back to well over $10. Patience my friends and relax. Go have a cuppa tea!
    IF oil bounces back in the next few years. And no one knows how long this oil glut will last. Could end tomorrow, could end next year, could be 5 years.

Posted via CB10
    01-12-16 09:39 AM
    Okay Mr. Analyst

Posted via my PRIV
    01-12-16 10:04 AM
    OT: Tech Resources vs Encana.

I made some good cash on TCK during the last crash but folks around here seem to be focused on ECA.

Thoughts?

Thanks in advance

Posted via CB10
    01-12-16 10:09 AM
    01-12-16 10:25 AM
    It is fascinating to watch the stock market wait for oil to drop below $ 30.00/bbl to prove all analysts and traders right. We were up nicely at the start with China literally laughing at North America for thinking they have economic/stock market issues and then we sold off. BBRY gapped up, rallied nicely and looked to be on its way. Then we saw oil start to drop, no surprise there, and now we are waiting for oil to drop below $ 30.00 and get the press it deserves. At that point, there will be a massive number of traders short oil and no one long ................. now what can happen when everyone is in the same direction?
    01-12-16 11:01 AM
    It is fascinating to watch the stock market wait for oil to drop below $ 30.00................ now what can happen when everyone is in the same direction?
    Wailing and gnashing of teeth, I presume.
    Back to waking up with a bedsheet wedgie for me. I am really under water with SW especially.

Say, is everyone Privy to this site? I really dig the info display concept:

http://finviz.com/map.ashx

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-stream_47980417..jpg
    01-12-16 11:07 AM
    More on Ford's Applink, this time working with Alibaba.

This next version of AppLink benefits from the open-source SmartDeviceLink initiative that is driving new feature innovation. As part of that project, Ford is working with Alibaba, a global consumer Internet service, to extend the group’s map, navigation and music services to vehicles. This has led to the integration of SmartDeviceLink into AutoNavi, Alibaba’s app for navigation services, demonstrating how it can be projected onto a vehicle touch screen for seamless use – just like on a smartphone.
    https://media.ford.com/content/fordm...n-apps-to.html
    01-12-16 11:09 AM
    Haha, you killed me; was busy translating it in French !!!
    P.S: under insideBlackBerry's moderation as I speak

Edit :
    O.T : learn French with SupaMhoooh
    That's what we call "enfoncer le clou" (drive the point)

re: the app gap; "everybody's my friend now".
    http://blogs.blackberry.com/2016/01/...-productivity/

Microsoft Office Mobile, available in the Google Play store for the PRIV, BlackBerry’s first Android-powered smartphone, offers users an efficient and powerful way to access and manage Word, Excel and PowerPoint documents from your PRIV. This suite of applications that Microsoft aptly calls “The Real Microsoft Apps” combine the familiar look, feel and quality of Office with a touch-friendly experience designed for Android.
    01-12-16 11:27 AM
    Reading material as we wait for oil to drop below 30.

BUZZ-BlackBerry beats Apple Watch in holiday online searches - UBS (Thomson Reuters)

** "iPhone" dominated global online searches over the holiday shopping season but searches for Apple Watch were middling, falling below Fitbit, GoPro, BlackBerry and Amazon Kindle, according to a note by UBS analyst Steven Milunovich

** Revenue from the Apple Watch is insignificant compared to the iPhone but many analysts believe the device could become central to Apple's expansion into wearables, health tech and the connected home

** Shares of Apple recovering for third day after steep selloff over worries about that iPhone could fall for first time in 2016; stock last up 1.2 pct

** Apple is oversold versus UBS' $130 price target and is likely to rise as investors better appreciate Apple as an annuity business, Milunovich writes

01-12-16 11:37 AM
    Reading material as we wait for oil to drop below 30.

BUZZ-BlackBerry beats Apple Watch in holiday online searches - UBS (Thomson Reuters)

** "iPhone" dominated global online searches over the holiday shopping season but searches for Apple Watch were middling, falling below Fitbit, GoPro, BlackBerry and Amazon Kindle, according to a note by UBS analyst Steven Milunovich

** Revenue from the Apple Watch is insignificant compared to the iPhone but many analysts believe the device could become central to Apple's expansion into wearables, health tech and the connected home

** Shares of Apple recovering for third day after steep selloff over worries about that iPhone could fall for first time in 2016; stock last up 1.2 pct

** Apple is oversold versus UBS' $130 price target and is likely to rise as investors better appreciate Apple as an annuity business, Milunovich writes

Apple is also overvalued.

 Priv... cue the comeback!
    01-12-16 12:04 PM
    Some Classic love!

http://blogs.blackberry.com/2016/01/...berry-classic/

01-12-16 12:12 PM
    faucette strikes again lowering software estimates
    01-12-16 12:20 PM
    A good read on the Ford, Toyota Smartdevicelink push into becoming a standard. For the benefit of those who may have missed it.

Ford, Toyota push SmartDeviceLink as auto industry smartphone app standard | MobileSyrup.com
    01-12-16 12:27 PM
    It seems again that the bullishness this morning has turned into another bear raid.

 Priv... cue the comeback!
    01-12-16 12:29 PM
113,256 ... 37933794379537963797 ...