View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1104. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

693 62.77%
  • No

411 37.23%
    Did anyone gamble today in hope of a good run on Monday and the week?

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    01-08-16 08:52 PM
    Did anyone gamble today in hope of a good run on Monday and the week?

Just a tad. Re-entered ECA with a nibble, as well as MSL and BBD.B.
    Jahcure likes this.
    01-08-16 09:57 PM
    Oh didn't know that you were interested in bbd.b

#BBFactCheck
    Last edited by masterful; 01-09-16 at 09:01 AM.
    01-08-16 11:15 PM
    If I am not wrong this is the same website which was predicting the BBRY survival quotients and now when I see their articles, they are all bullish on BBRY. So should we trust the Blackerry stock or go safe with apple instead.
    Go safe with AAPL?! AAPL is falling. Something like GOOG or AMZN is a better bet once stocks stabilize. I feel that right now that BBRY is a bit too volatile.

01-09-16 06:30 AM
    More and more articles appear with positive note on the PRIV. Even on SA... http://seekingalpha.com/article/3799...ty-of-interest

Together with the rumor on Apple slashing the production of the 6s, could it be that people are getting fed up with the duo poly Apple/Samsung? Maybe a sign/start of a market shift?
    In that case the PRIV going Android was a good choice, which will carve out that niche in the Android mobile market segment for BlackBerry. Paving the road for the Vienna. I'm hoping that the BB10 phones will get some positive attention in the slip stream of the PRIV.

I hope next week will be a week with recovery of the stock. I'm waiting for an entry point to buy a small block just below the Friday's closing.

Posted via CB10
    01-09-16 07:10 AM
    Recognize revenue on sell-in to carriers and sell-through to distribution.
    I see it as good and bad. At least we got the "true" sell through number before. Now, we need to try and figure out what went to carriers, and what went to other channels. Makes the real picture harder to see imo.
    I would suggest that the bulk of sales will come through the carriers so most of the revenue will be recognized. At the same time, the recognition method prevents channel stuffing by 'selling' large numbers of devices to, say, ShopBlackBerry or distributors, which are restricted to sell-through, providing a more transparent view of the "true" sell-through numbers.
    01-09-16 08:42 AM
    Oh didn't know how you were interested in bbd.b

#BBFactCheck
    I follow it loosely. Only grabbed a couple thousand shares to see what happens. Considering the mass market sell off, it held itself quite well so I figured it could be an ok bet. SHOP is another one that performed well. I can't buy it yet as I used it as a tax loss sell so I'm hoping it will stay down here or go a tad lower yet.
    01-09-16 08:47 AM
    Short sellers pounding the hell out of the stock.. still, iMO... bad timing with China gave them fuel...

Posted via CB10
    Yep. Would love to see a blast of buybacks right now.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by DaSchwantz; 01-09-16 at 02:16 PM.
    01-09-16 08:48 AM
    Could BBRY have dropped more significantly when comparing it to its counterparts due to the Wells Fargo note? JC is no longer providing a specific timeline for reaching sustainable non-gaap profitability? Didn't JC say they had a decent chance of achieving profitability in Q4?

In other news, it seems that TWTR is being punished severely.. an all-time low at just under 14 billion dollars? Surely it is worth more than that? I'd love to hear your ideas..

Posted via CB10
    01-09-16 08:49 AM
    OK perhaps I'm overreacting.. JC did say they had a decent chance of achieving non-gaap profitability.. This time they would not repeat this (probably had an Investors call with someone else than JC) And Wells Fargo doesn't like taking a leap of faith in a member of its own board of directors

Posted via CB10
    lech31 and bungaboy like this.
    01-09-16 08:56 AM
    I think the Wells Fargo note tells you the new FUD line...Vienna will undermine Priv revenues and tax rebates are going to be less than expected. Really, that's the best they've got left, lol.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by DaSchwantz; 01-09-16 at 02:19 PM.
    zlatno, 3MIKE, bungaboy and 4 others like this.
    01-09-16 09:35 AM
    Could BBRY have dropped more significantly when comparing it to its counterparts due to the Wells Fargo note? JC is no longer providing a specific timeline for reaching sustainable non-gaap profitability? Didn't JC say they had a decent chance of achieving profitability in Q4?

In other news, it seems that TWTR is being punished severely.. an all-time low at just under 14 billion dollars? Surely it is worth more than that? I'd love to hear your ideas..

Posted via CB10
    They don't make any money and they have no clear path to profitability. They are still overpriced.
    01-09-16 09:47 AM

Posted via CB10
    I think TWTR still has room to drop. I've been a bear on this one pretty much since the IPO as I don't like massive valuations on companies that haven't shown they can turn a profit. In the case of TWTR, they have growing revs, but also growing debt and still no profit and declining cash. From what I've heard, is that their advertising has started to decline too. I also don't know how they can diversify into other revenue generating ventures beyond advertising.
    _dimi_, Corbu, morganplus8 and 9 others like this.
    01-09-16 09:51 AM
    I think TWTR still has room to drop. I've been a bear on this one pretty much since the IPO as I don't like massive valuations on companies that haven't shown they can turn a profit. In the case of TWTR, they have growing revs, but also growing debt and still no profit and declining cash. From what I've heard, is that their advertising has started to decline too. I also don't know how they can diversify into other revenue generating ventures beyond advertising.
    Except for the hardware component (inventory) of the business, both Twitter's story, balance sheet and operating income is very similar to BlackBerry's. Perhaps not very intelligent of me to compare the two, but if you compare their operating expenses, you have to wonder why BlackBerry can operate with a LOT less.

Posted via CB10
    01-09-16 10:42 AM
    http://www.ibtimes.com/blackberry-he...launch-2257788

Great interview to enjoy, folks! Still bullish !!!!!!

Presented to you by real phone - Passport
    3MIKE, Corbu, bbjdog and 11 others like this.
    01-09-16 11:43 AM
    Excellent interview. Thanks Andy_bb_king!
    bbjdog, morganplus8, W Hoa and 4 others like this.
    01-09-16 12:09 PM
    I need to frame this:

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares]-theydidit2.jpg
    01-09-16 12:30 PM
    Except for the hardware component (inventory) of the business, both Twitter's story, balance sheet and operating income is very similar to BlackBerry's. Perhaps not very intelligent of me to compare the two, but if you compare their operating expenses, you have to wonder why BlackBerry can operate with a LOT less.

Posted via CB10
    Your right! Can't compare the two companies, for one thing Twitter doesn't have John Chen. I heard he skims from the top, bottom, and the middle, but he won't cook dinner. Lol

Posted via my BlackBerry Passport
    01-09-16 12:43 PM
    Just a tad. Re-entered ECA with a nibble, as well as MSL and BBD.B.
    ECA is an excellent choice, it rallied on Friday, closed right on its 3-ema at $ 4.89/shr and NatGas is roaring back from a mid-December low of $ 1.70 to $ 2.48 and its last hold out ... the 200-dma, is only 10 cents higher. If oil finds a bottom soon, ECA is set for a major rally from here.

My problem is that I sold a ton of BlackBerry above $ 9.00 to buy more ECA, now, I can sell some of that ECA and go back into BBRY again. Nice problem to have but I really like how ECA is setting up for a breakout.

On Friday traders stepped to the sidelines to wait for some economic data to come out in China on Sunday night. So everyone wanting to trade on Monday morning should be up on Sunday evening to get hold of their data and the reaction to that data on their stock market. Good luck to all on Monday.
    bbjdog, Corbu, W Hoa and 9 others like this.
    01-09-16 12:51 PM
    01-09-16 12:54 PM
    [video]http://rapidmobile.biz/media/Chen-BlackBerry.mp4?_=1[/url]Good stuff by JC
    http://rapidmobile.biz/media/Chen-BlackBerry.mp4?_=1

Posted Via blackberry passport.
    Thanks Sid!

Posted via my BlackBerry Passport
    sidhuk, Corbu and rarsen like this.
    01-09-16 01:02 PM
    BlackBerry Heads Into 2016 With Renewed Confidence Following Priv's Promising Launch

Great interview to enjoy, folks! Still bullish !!!!!!

Presented to you by real phone - Passport
    Favorite part:
    So, to answer your point, were starting with healthcare, but stay tuned for other vertical applications where well be embedding that capability as well. Its the start.
    Corbu, bbjdog, bbjdog and 7 others like this.
    01-09-16 01:04 PM
    My problem is that I sold a ton of BlackBerry above $ 9.00 to buy more ECA, now, I can sell some of that ECA and go back into BBRY again. Nice problem to have but I really like how ECA is setting up for a breakout.
    Made those trades as well with a lot of in/out with ECA. A lot of money going to commissions lately. Currently waiting with cash for next week. Cheers
    01-09-16 01:09 PM
    ECA is an excellent choice, it rallied on Friday, closed right on its 3-ema at $ 4.89/shr and NatGas is roaring back from a mid-December low of $ 1.70 to $ 2.48 and its last hold out ... the 200-dma, is only 10 cents higher. If oil finds a bottom soon, ECA is set for a major rally from here.

On Friday traders stepped to the sidelines to wait for some economic data to come out in China on Sunday night. So everyone wanting to trade on Monday morning should be up on Sunday evening to get hold of their data and the reaction to that data on their stock market. Good luck to all on Monday.
    Ya. I bought that, and VET last week then sold on Monday. Nice to grab ECA back below my original price.

Posted via CB10
    01-09-16 01:19 PM
    Sooo...that was not an enjoyable week. If I had to guess prior to Monday, I would have thought we would have a little rally into CES, with some car hype and such. Anyway, hopefully the markets will settle down a little and we can recover some of that post-ER run. A couple of things have jumped out at me recently:

1. The change in hardware revenue recognition for carrier sales seems like a fairly significant change. You would think this would lead to a bump for this Q with the major US carriers and others coming on board; although I don't know if this would include carrier purchase commitments or when phones are delivered to the carriers.

2. There seems to be some renewed confidence in the messaging business, which is encouraging especially given that there wasn't much optimism about it from Chen in previous quarters. Anyway, with the new healthcare partnership and hopefully others, this could be some nice high margin business that people aren't accounting for yet. I recall some talk of trying to partner with carriers to support SMS services (see below).

The second category is strategic partnerships. Together, BBM and carriers can combat IM apps and the mutual threat of reduction in SMS revenues through a co-branded BBM product called “Messages.” It’s identical to BBM and supports customization of branding, content, and services within a standard framework.
    Why SMS is Losing, but Operators Can Still Win | Inside BlackBerry
    morganplus8, Corbu, W Hoa and 5 others like this.
    01-09-16 01:59 PM
104,899 ... 37883789379037913792 ...