1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Bullish!!!!

Presented to you by real phone - Passport
    01-07-16 02:57 PM
    I think the circuit breaker did more harm than good. People were afraid that they couldn't sell so they tried to out sale others. Now, they have more time to think before placing orders.

man, it's blood on the street.
    I agree, but the fear is already there now.

Posted via CB10
    01-07-16 03:09 PM
    I agree, but the fear is already there now.

Posted via CB10
    Yes but the uncertainty about ability to sell is removed. What I don't get is why all the blood bath in biotech? What do they have to do with China?
    01-07-16 03:15 PM
    Buying trigger finger ready for tomorrow

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy and gedob like this.
    01-07-16 03:16 PM
    Bullish!!!!

Presented to you by real phone - Passport
    I would rearrange some letters and add a "T". LoL
    01-07-16 03:16 PM
    Brutal day. Happy New Years to all of us, huh.
    I'm a buy and hold guy, myself. So daily swings don't directly impact me. But going to go check my accounts to see the damage. It could be ugly. But I won't be selling anything. Never have sold in a declining market, and not going to start now. One of my best moves was buying aggressively in 2008. I didn't even come close to timing the bottom, I bought in and things kept dropping. But I was sitting pretty by 2010!
    kadakn01, Corbu, bungaboy and 10 others like this.
    01-07-16 03:22 PM
    Brutal day. Happy New Years to all of us, huh.
    I'm a buy and hold guy, myself. So daily swings don't directly impact me. But going to go check my accounts to see the damage. It could be ugly. But I won't be selling anything. Never have sold in a declining market, and n
    ot going to start now. One of my best moves was buying aggressively in 2008. I didn't even come close to timing the bottom, I bought in and things kept dropping. But I was sitting pretty by 2010!
    Same with me.
    01-07-16 03:30 PM
    Yes but the uncertainty about ability to sell is removed. What I don't get is why all the blood bath in biotech? What do they have to do with China?
    That's where most gains are so they are being sold to offset loss'. The market has lost over $2.5 Trillion so far in 4 bloody days. People are getting scared. The TSX closed in bear market territory, the Nasdaq in correction territory, and the DOW and S&P are right above correction territory. I'm 75% cash so have limited exposure. I sold a few earlier in the week for a gain and glad I did. Had I not, today would have been more painful than it was and may have joined the crew selling to protect and limit exposure.
    rarsen, 3MIKE, KuroKei and 5 others like this.
    01-07-16 03:43 PM
    That's where most gains are so they are being sold to offset loss'. The market has lost over $2.5 Trillion so far in 4 bloody days. People are getting scared. The TSX closed in bear market territory, the Nasdaq in correction territory, and the DOW and S&P are right above correction territory. I'm 75% cash so have limited exposure. I sold a few earlier in the week for a gain and glad I did. Had I not, today would have been more painful than it was and may have joined the crew selling to protect and limit exposure.
    Well it was painful for me today!! I didn't see that one comming... 😨😬
    01-07-16 04:16 PM
    And another one of those AT&T/BlackBerry sponsored reviews:
    Life & Style with the New BlackBerry PRIV | Loren's World

They seem to be targeting women...
    3MIKE, morganplus8, rarsen and 4 others like this.
    01-07-16 04:29 PM
    Someone please tell these manipulators that if they are going to try to have their way with me, that I like to be bought dinner first.
    3MIKE, ZayDub, OlympusMons and 9 others like this.
    01-07-16 04:33 PM
    Looks like BBRY is finally finding support at $7.95. Feels a bit late though...

 Priv... cue the comeback! 
    Why thank you. Some would have ever known that or known where to look.
    3MIKE, KuroKei, sidhuk and 1 others like this.
    01-07-16 05:25 PM
    Semi-OT
    I'd guess we'll hear about BlackBerry in Barcelona...

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    Attached Thumbnails The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-88190.jpg  
    sidhuk and bungaboy like this.
    01-07-16 05:40 PM
    That was one crazy day! We sold off in the morning as expected, then, China proudly announces that they will lift trading restrictions and we rally hard on that news, then, we suddenly figure out that we can dump all stocks cross traded on their exchange today and prepare for a blood bath tonight ..............

We saw BABA, BIDU, AAPL and every stock related to China get dumped on which brought down our markets, that's great, now China has to catch up to our negative trading in their companies assuring us that we'll have another wild day tomorrow! You have to love how these things work out so well for the hedge funds. Its like every day is a Hedge Fund Christmas it seems, only the markets are still open while we celebrate!

Tonight should be fun, their market is akin to the Vancouver Stock Exchange in its hay day so we should see some interesting trading take place. Who would have thought that China wanting to devalue its currency by far less than the Canadian Dollar has dropped, would be such a big deal, or maybe it is a big deal if you are a short hedge fund. Get the popcorn!

Oh yeah, next time China, tell us what you are up to AFTER our market closes thank you.
    01-07-16 05:44 PM
    OT:

Hey Morgan,

Don't blame China too much now... after all, they are still relatively new to this stock market trading thing In my mind, the only advantage they have over the rest of the world is cheap labour (and providing knock off products to wannabees). Unfortunately, with their decades long enforcement of the single child family, this new generation grows up spoiled, entitled, and unwilling to work for cheap when they see what us in the "West" have. Eventually, everything there will reach a crossroads and the more their leadership tries to skew and manipulate the market, the more it will amplify market movements. Perhaps a short lesson in free markets 101.
    morganplus8, Corbu, 3MIKE and 4 others like this.
    01-07-16 06:10 PM
    OT:

Hey Morgan,

Don't blame China too much now... after all, they are still relatively new to this stock market trading thing In my mind, the only advantage they have over the rest of the world is cheap labour (and providing knock off products to wannabees). Unfortunately, with their decades long enforcement of the single child family, this new generation grows up spoiled, entitled, and unwilling to work for cheap when they see what us in the "West" have. Eventually, everything there will reach a crossroads and the more their leadership tries to skew and manipulate the market, the more it will amplify market movements. Perhaps a short lesson in free markets 101.
    Wouldn't it be fun if China gets it and takes advantage of the US by purchasing all the stock back at these low prices all night long. They could retire a ton of stock cheap while America sleeps. We will know shortly whether China can turn this thing around and make our panic sell-off look pedestrian.
    Corbu, 3MIKE, Mr BBRY and 8 others like this.
    01-07-16 06:24 PM
    A massive accumulation overnight would be the most hilarious and ironic turn of events but I'm not betting on it (however, I'd trust your hunches much more than my own). One thing that's for certain, a lot of Asia has the most lemming like behavioral tendencies. It's a me too please type of mentality (being from SE Asia, I have seen and experienced this first hand growing up); experts at being copy cats and a severe lack of fresh original thoughts. The US is normally the trend setter for products and the stock markets worldwide and I don't see that changing any time too soon either.
    bungaboy, 3MIKE, gedob and 1 others like this.
    01-07-16 06:50 PM
    That was one crazy day! We sold off in the morning as expected, then, China proudly announces that they will lift trading restrictions and we rally hard on that news, then, we suddenly figure out that we can dump all stocks cross traded on their exchange today and prepare for a blood bath tonight ..............

We saw BABA, BIDU, AAPL and every stock related to China get dumped on which brought down our markets, that's great, now China has to catch up to our negative trading in their companies assuring us that we'll have another wild day tomorrow! You have to love how these things work out so well for the hedge funds. Its like every day is a Hedge Fund Christmas it seems, only the markets are still open while we celebrate!

Tonight should be fun, their market is akin to the Vancouver Stock Exchange in its hay day so we should see some interesting trading take place. Who would have thought that China wanting to devalue its currency by far less than the Canadian Dollar has dropped, would be such a big deal, or maybe it is a big deal if you are a short hedge fund. Get the popcorn!

Oh yeah, next time China, tell us what you are up to AFTER our market closes thank you.
    OT. Rant warning.

What a cluster-unowhat. Truth is that this is being caused by big capital fleeing the Yuan devaluation while ham handed central authorities try to maintain control of the peg.

So called hedge funds usually are more often 'leverage funds' than actual hedge funds, and are usually the first to start blowing up like popcorn when events like this happen (for example, the biggest single exposure by hedge funds right now is long AAPL). And China has already basically thrown the short-heavy funds in jail or run them out of town.

What's really going on this time is that China clamped down on the currency trading operations of the biggest players. Think Deutsche Bank, JP Morgan, Nomura etc. (speculation). Big money reacted more negatively than even I expected, and is now fleeing China. This has confirmed the 'risk off' trade in stocks that had already done it's work in commodities and high yield bond markets.

Never let a communist nation convince you that they have a free-market. When push comes to shove, the last thing they will let go of is the labour costs of their own people (i.e. currency).

Sigh. Sorry for those who were over-exposed today. I think it's close to over. I've now cleared almost all my puts (no longer short AAPL, still have some NFLX puts). Will likely start clearing my inverse etfs tomorrow (SPXS first, then SDS). I'm 75% long now and will likely go over 90% if this persists. Wish I had more capital to deploy...lots of deals abound. May buy some more ECA and some longer dated BBRY calls (my Jans are garbage now).

Posted via CB10
    01-07-16 06:52 PM
    Nikkei and Hang Seng off to a great start so far, lets see if it holds.

Posted via CB10
    3MIKE and bungaboy like this.
    01-07-16 07:40 PM
    It's a bit long to load ... but here it is, sorry for the long text, CB10 users
    Excellent analysis. Bang on.

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy likes this.
    01-07-16 07:40 PM
    The Asian markets seem to be back in the green now. I'm hoping to see the same thing tomorrow in the US. Fingers crossed!
    theRock1975, Mr BBRY and bungaboy like this.
    01-07-16 07:45 PM
    All quiet on the Eastern Front. Maybe we are back to normalcy.
    theRock1975, Mr BBRY and bungaboy like this.
    01-07-16 07:53 PM
    What's really going on this time is that China clamped down on the currency trading operations of the biggest players. Think Deutsche Bank, JP Morgan, Nomura etc. (speculation). Big money reacted more negatively than even I expected, and is now fleeing China. This has confirmed the 'risk off' trade in stocks that had already done it's work in commodities and high yield bond markets.

Never let a communist nation convince you that they have a free-market. When push comes to shove, the last thing they will let go of is the labour costs of their own people (i.e. currency).

One things for sure. At least the communist nation had the cajones to actually do something other than close their eyes, plug their ears, and whistle a tune like regulators in certain free nations.

Posted via CB10
    01-07-16 08:16 PM
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-img_20160107_221102.png

Shanghai up.

World is watching like Apollo 11 mission. No circuit breaker this time.

Posted via CB10
    Corbu, Superfly_FR, 3MIKE and 2 others like this.
    01-07-16 09:18 PM
    Newbie question: I'm a little confused about the "break circuit" can someone please elaborate. Hope things will be back to normal soon.

#BBFactCheck
    01-07-16 10:11 PM
113,252 ... 37843785378637873788 ...