View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Yes, Toyota is on board. See my links above.

I also answered my own question...HERE was bought by Daimler, BMW, and Volkswagen Audi

QNX is involved behind the scenes here...you don't just throw out major news releases within the same 10 seconds like that unless it was pre-planned. If anyone knows more about SDL, I would appreciate some discussion, thanks.
    A bit more info here:
    QNX Auto Blog: Ford Ports SmartDeviceLink to QNX CAR Platform

QNX joins Ford, Toyota, and other industry leaders to help drive new standard for app integration.

Paul Leroux

For as long as I can remember, QNX Software Systems has been at the forefront of integrating cars and smartphones. Through our flexible OS architecture and large automotive ecosystem, we provide automakers and Tier 1 suppliers with the ultimate choice in connectivity options for smartphones and other smart devices. And now, QNX customers will have even greater choice, with the availability of Ford’s SmartDeviceLink (SDL) technology for the QNX CAR Platform for Infotainment.

If you’ve never of SDL, it’s the open source version of Ford AppLink, the software that allows Ford SYNC users to access smartphone apps through voice commands and dashboard controls. Ford donated AppLink to the open source community to create a standard way for consumers to interact with smartphone apps, regardless of which phone they use or vehicle they drive.

SDL is quickly gaining industry advocates, including Toyota, UI Evolution, and, of course QNX. What’s more, companies like PSA, Honda, Subaru, Mazda are evaluating it for use in next-generation vehicles.

Why the interest in SDL? Because it’s a flexible, vendor-neutral standard that can benefit drivers, automakers, and developers alike. With SDL:

- Drivers can interact with apps by using voice commands, steering-wheel buttons, and other in-car controls, so they can keep their eyes on the road and hands on the wheel.

- Automakers can deliver a consistent app experience across vehicles, while retaining the flexibility to customize that experience for each vehicle brand or model.

- Developers can create apps that can work across multiple smart devices and multiple automotive brands — which means they have greater incentive to create automotive apps.

SDL for QNX builds on a history of successful collaborations between Ford and QNX, including the QNX-powered Ford SYNC 3 infotainment system. According to Paul Elsila, CEO of Livio, the Ford subsidiary that maintains the SDL open source project, “With its large market share, QNX can play a key role in driving the adoption of auto industry standards, and we are excited to work with them in building vendor-neutral technology that can simplify the integration of smartphone apps in any brand or type of vehicle.”

SDL works with multiple smartphone platforms. Moreover, it is highly flexible: it can work across a full range of vehicles, from entry-level to premium, and across a wide range of displays. It can even be used in systems without displays — for instance, in systems that use a voice interface.

To learn more about SDL, check out the announcements that Ford, Toyota, and QNX issued this morning.
    01-04-16 10:06 AM
    Alert !
    Stop buying I'm back on the block
    [P.S : Attn. newbies; this is a funny running gag comment, not an advice]

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-capture.png
    Last edited by Superfly_FR; 01-04-16 at 11:02 AM.
    Mr BBRY, sidhuk, rarsen and 5 others like this.
    01-04-16 10:50 AM
    01-04-16 12:00 PM
    Alert !
    Stop buying I'm back on the block
    [P.S : Attn. newbies; this is a funny running gag comment, not an advice]

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture.PNG 
Views:	1189 
Size:	36.5 KB 
ID:	386578
    No one believes me! When you posted the Nasdaq chart it was siting around 8.96 and now it's around 9.10. I will be creating a new Bbry indicator called SF, it will be linked to your charts. LOL

Posted via my BlackBerry Passport
    sidhuk, morganplus8, Corbu and 7 others like this.
    01-04-16 12:14 PM
    FYI; semi-crash on China Stock Exchange : -7% .
    Enough to suspend quotation before the bell ...
    Be cautious, beware the backwash.
    01-04-16 12:16 PM
    No one believes me! When you posted the Nasdaq chart it was siting around 8.96 and now it's around 9.10. I will be creating a new Bbry indicator called SF, it will be linked to your charts. LOL
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-image.png

Please ...

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-ob_5705f6_tumblr-m4lskc1l7q1rqa07ko1-500.gif

morganplus8, Corbu, rarsen and 6 others like this.
    01-04-16 12:22 PM

Name:	image.png 
Views:	1059 
Size:	93.2 KB 
ID:	386580

Please ...

Name:	ob_5705f6_tumblr-m4lskc1l7q1rqa07ko1-500.gif 
Views:	1056 
Size:	477.8 KB 
ID:	386581

LMAO!!!!!

Update, its now at 9.13!
    Another update, now at 9.19!
    Superfly_FR, Corbu and 3MIKE like this.
    01-04-16 12:28 PM
    deleted
    [anti-jinx countermeasures !]
    Last edited by Superfly_FR; 01-04-16 at 12:52 PM.
    01-04-16 12:38 PM
    More reading material

http://blogs.blackberry.com/2016/01/...-car-platform/

Last edited by bbjdog; 01-04-16 at 01:07 PM.
    plasmid_boy, 3MIKE and bungaboy like this.
    01-04-16 12:56 PM
    Girls, nice to see everyone has come back to the board and happy! It is even better not to be reading "why is the stock down today?" silly talk too! Hope everyone had some time off with their family and put aside all things related to the stock market? Super-Fly, we sent you to the South of France over Christmas because you were so tardy with your chart/price updates, you were not keeping up my friend! So now we are ready for your best efforts in 2016, and this time, just update the same chart 10 times and that will solve the late to the price party problem, or PPP!

We are doing so well, the DOW dropped over 450 pts and we drifted down and found support just like we have done at $ 7.00/shr in the past. Now we are finding out that $ 9.00 is the new $ 7.00 and that means we have huge support today at higher levels then the Fall. BBRY is staging an afternoon rally on some positive CES news, when was the last time we saw our stock lead the market back?

The Chinese market cratered over night, we got drawn into that mess even though the two markets are polar opposites. The Chinese market is made up of 85% retail traders like you and I. They have an economy to support their market of 34 MM people and about the size of California. That is one tiny market when you stop to look at North America. So it isn't surprising that we are seeing some strength this afternoon as everyone clears the wine/beer/hard stuff from their brains and realize this is the time of year to BUY stocks! So let's get past this nonsense and begin to rally here.

A note about HALO - HALO announced that they took on debt, debt is not necessarily a good thing, right? So don't think the stock will rally on its own in the face of additional costs to the bottom line. The remarkable news in all of this is that those bonds are not convertible into stock, and, they are backed by future revenues from Enhance !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Who does that? Name a company in the world today that can get a bond issue floated on the back of some future royalty agreement. I have never heard of that before but I have been saying that they can sign those Enhance $ 25 MM agreements every month until we all retire with BBRY riches. WOW.

Back to BBRY, I thought if the DOW closes down 350 pts and we can close above $ 9.00/shr we would be the winners today. Now, we are looking at a $ 9.20 print and that is crazy good strength for this play. This isn't a DOW 30 stock, it is a return from the dead stock and to lead the market is crazy good news for January. We did this with 5 - 6 MM shares worth of early morning support while the DOW was down 450 pts so it is remarkable.

Don't get me wrong, I love China, they have hot girls too, they also make the best Rolex watch for under $ 200 so I do like their business sense, but, they aren't much of a stock market and we shouldn't be too concerned of that market goes to zero. Let's burn the clock here and get to the finish line for trading today. I thought Chen was especially excited about CES and hope I read that right in the Q3 breakout party. Enjoy the day, buy a couple of weak stocks in Pharma and wait for tomorrow trading to come. GL

PS. I almost forgot, in terms of TA, we have the 50-dma only $ .40/cents away from the 200-dma and both are moving higher fast. We will cut up through the 200-dma which is the Golden Cross in TA, sometime this month so the stock could see one heck of a rally in the weeks ahead.
    BThunderW, rarsen, sidhuk and 28 others like this.
    01-04-16 12:58 PM
    OT from the Related Technologies file for those making Resolutions at the beginning of the year and want to reduce their Technology Addiction:

New Year Resolution: Control my technology addiction | ZDNet
    "Unlike food-related anxiety, however, technological-induced anxiety is for the most part purely self-inflicted. You can choose at any time to turn the social networks off. You can decide at any time when work hours stop and personal hours begin."
    sidhuk, morganplus8, Corbu and 7 others like this.
    01-04-16 01:00 PM
    New year, old Morgan (aka KNOWLEDGE).

Posted via CB10
    Corbu, Mr BBRY, sidhuk and 10 others like this.
    01-04-16 01:16 PM
    CES:

I second what smart548 just said.

Here you go, Morgan:

I thought Chen was especially excited about CES and hope I read that right in the Q3 breakout party.
    From the latest EC:

Richard Tse - Cormark Securities
    Right. And just sort of switching gears here, you didn't really go into too much commentary about QNX and what you're doing around the IoT area. I think that was an initiative that you talked about--

John Chen - Executive Chairman & CEO
    It remains very bullish on QNX. We're winning a lot of designs. You will see a roll out of demonstrations of new technology as well as rollout of product at CES. I hope you're going to CES. So I'm going to leave this mystery for CES which only two weeks away from now.

+

And as I said earlier, we look forward to seeing you all in CES, early next month in Vegas. And there we will highlight our initiative in IOT and a new product that will come out, it will be introduced and QNX in-car applications.

And we have a lot of new partnership by the way -- I just forget to mention earlier, last couple of weeks we have been announcing steadily, some new partnership in -- when some cases are the self-driving cars, whatever the right word is the auto driving cars, so whatever they call. Anyway, so we have that and you are going to see our advanced drivers assist technology and solutions. You can experience it yourself at the booth.
    We shall soon find out!
    Mr BBRY, 3MIKE, rarsen and 8 others like this.
    01-04-16 01:46 PM
    anyone recall if Ford or Toyota were part of the Nokia map info purchase?
    As you already noted, they weren't in the initial round of investors. But BMW, Audio and Daimler were going to invite other automakers to invest in Here to make it an auto industry owned entity. IMHO, it would be very silly for other automakers to NOT invest. I think we would start hearing about other auto makers making investments in Here later this year.

Posted via CB10
    3MIKE, sidhuk, KuroKei and 4 others like this.
    01-04-16 01:54 PM
    OT Re: China...lock limit down so may have more run tomorrow...capital is fleeing China due to devaluations, so this is bigger than just the stock market...they cut off the big offshore fx trade last week so it is now obviously hitting stocks (can't convert China listed shares to USD or JPY without selling first). I sold the last of my YANG this AM so no longer have any conviction either way, and government intervention annoys me (may occur in the next day or two).

Yet AAPL completely filled the gap and went green - the real market leader today...though I'm not completely convinced. Things are acting a bit funny - for example, the ME moved a step closer to all out war, Eastern NA gets its first real blast of winter, and yet oil and gas are both down...HY bonds are still saying 'risk off', as is much of the big money....

I ultimately agree with Morgan, but I'm more cautious, and more hedged. Personally I want to see a bit more chop tomorrow to blow the pipes clear.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by DaSchwantz; 01-05-16 at 09:43 AM.
    01-04-16 03:21 PM
    As you already noted, they weren't in the initial round of investors. But BMW, Audio and Daimler were going to invite other automakers to invest in Here to make it an auto industry owned entity. IMHO, it would be very silly for other automakers to NOT invest. I think we would start hearing about other auto makers making investments in Here later this year.

Posted via CB10
    QNX + SDI + HERE.

Save yourselves from AAPL/GOOG penetration. When the consumer sees how well this stuff can work ....CarPlay an Android Auto may look a generation behind. Move fast. Mercedes was to add CarPlay but they have hit the delay button on the consumer. They seriously need to upgrade their garbage (I know - I have a 2015 with COMAND and it sucks) and stop trying to fleece consumer with MBRACE subscription. What Ford is doing is the way forward for infotainment/UI/app integration. What the German 3 are doing with HERE was also a great move. Merge these two ideas.

We know TATA is partnering with QNX. They sell $100K cars with total garbage infotainment systems.

I'm surprised no one seems to have licensed QNX car2? I guess they want to build their own UIs.
    01-04-16 03:21 PM
    Sorry - Double post...

But here's my thought for the day.

If QNX can now already run the SDL version of Spotify, how long before BB10 phones can run that same SDL version of Spotify without needing a bb10 version? And where is the SDL app store located?

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by DaSchwantz; 01-04-16 at 03:52 PM.
    01-04-16 03:32 PM
    BlackBerry at CES 2016

There have been few rumours as to what BlackBerry will reveal at CES, but new handsets are not expected.
    Instead, it is likely to focus on security and the Internet of Things, with a media briefing on those subjects announced for Wednesday, 6 January, starting at 11am PT (7pm GMT).
    01-04-16 04:11 PM
    Anyone still remember about the one mystery company that they were working with and it was not disclosed.
    I'm still wondering who could that be...

#BBFactCheck
    Superfly_FR and 3MIKE like this.
    01-04-16 04:15 PM
    More promoted content:
    Going from Work to Play with the BlackBerry PRIV - Joe's Daily

Plus this:
    01-04-16 04:16 PM
    Reading material

http://blogs.blackberry.com/2016/01/...s-at-ces-2016/

bungaboy, rarsen, smart548 and 3 others like this.
    01-04-16 05:07 PM
    I realize Cramer is pretty reviled around here but he was pretty positive about bbry tonight called it a buy, states limited downside wants CEO to come on the show.

Posted via CB10
    3MIKE, 3_M4N, Mr BBRY and 1 others like this.
    01-04-16 05:13 PM
    CES: QNX

More info on today's announcement:
    CES 2016: A look at the first tech announced in Vegas - BBC News

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-_87481872_190ec38f-4e7a-42a4-9162-056c7b012a02.jpg

On the roads, Toyota has thrown in its lot with Ford and committed itself to adopting the SmartDeviceLink platform.

The system allows smartphones to connect to a vehicle's dashboard and represents an effort by the automakers to pursue their own technology rather than fitting Google or Apple's in-car alternatives.

Ford said Peugeot, Honda, Subaru and Mazda are also considering supporting SDL.

It's curious timing bearing in mind Ford is soon expected to announce a separate tie-up with Google to build driverless cars.
    Plus Toyota's annoucement:
    Toyota to Commercialize New Telematics System Using SmartDeviceLink | Business Wire

More on SDL:
    https://developer.ford.com/pages/sdl
    http://www.livioconnect.com/livio-connect/
    01-04-16 07:41 PM
    Thanks for the updates guys. It's nice to be able to come here and get all caught up on all things BBRY and BB.

I was busy picking icewine today, so wasn't able to check in during the day, but this thread is the best at getting back up to speed.

I can't wait for some more great BlackBerry news from CES tomorrow.CES....another year and another show I'm going to miss. Maybe that would be a good time and place for the $100 party!

Posted via CB10
    3MIKE, Superfly_FR, rarsen and 4 others like this.
    01-04-16 09:16 PM
    QNX + SDI + HERE.

Save yourselves from AAPL/GOOG penetration. When the consumer sees how well this stuff can work ....CarPlay an Android Auto may look a generation behind. Move fast. Mercedes was to add CarPlay but they have hit the delay button on the consumer. They seriously need to upgrade their garbage (I know - I have a 2015 with COMAND and it sucks) and stop trying to fleece consumer with MBRACE subscription. What Ford is doing is the way forward for infotainment/UI/app integration. What the German 3 are doing with HERE was also a great move. Merge these two ideas.

We know TATA is partnering with QNX. They sell $100K cars with total garbage infotainment systems.

I'm surprised no one seems to have licensed QNX car2? I guess they want to build their own UIs.
    Had an ML...sold in the fall....crappie begins to describe the UI (sad face)

you've been made privy to my thoughts.
    3MIKE, Mr BBRY and bungaboy like this.
    01-04-16 09:34 PM
113,251 ... 37773778377937803781 ...