View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1106. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

693 62.66%
  • No

413 37.34%
    Dude, open up a hedge fund!!!
    Haha...you should see all my portfolios...and I don't mean green, I mean hedged...

Posted via CB10
    12-31-15 09:07 AM
    Nice to see the proactive actions taken by BB.

"The day after this PRIV review was published, BlackBerry contacted me to see if they could rectify the problems I had encountered. The plan was to have me speak with an engineer/expert to try to fix my main problem: the operating system would freeze and require a total reboot after being on for 8 hours."

Updated review and recommendation.

"I can now recommend PRIV to everyone. It's not perfect (nothing is) but it is now capable of providing a large dose of what both Android and BlackBerry fans would want from a smartphone. Yes, it's somewhat heavy and yes it's expensive. But it's also a good-looking device that's fun to use now that everything works exactly as you would expect. Even the slide-down keyboard makes sense now that the phone works properly. Plus, an update to Android 6.0 (Marshmallow) is reportedly coming very soon."

Need to catch up with many unread pages of this thread in the New Year.

Happy, healthy and prosperous New Year wishes to all!

The BlackBerry (BBRY) PRIV Is an Android Phone With Lots to Like - TheStreet
    12-31-15 09:18 AM
    The Globe Headline Hack Writers haven't got to this one yet it seems.

BlackBerry to stay as Pakistan drops server-access request
    WATERLOO, Ont. The Canadian Press
    Published Thursday, Dec. 31, 2015 10:09AM EST

BlackBerry to stay as Pakistan drops server-access request - The Globe and Mail

"BlackBerry says it will remain operating in Pakistan after that countrys government backed off from its request to gain access to the companys servers.

Marty Beard, chief operating officer of BlackBerry, wrote on the companys blog Thursday that the Waterloo, Ont.-based technology firm decided to stay there once the governments decision was made.

BlackBerry previously said it would rather close its operations in Pakistan than provide the government unfettered access to its BlackBerry Enterprise Servers.

Pakistani officials had wanted to monitor all traffic in the country, including every email and BlackBerry Messenger correspondence. BES communications are routed through the companys servers in Canada, BlackBerry had said before the resolution announced Thursday.

The company had been considering its options ahead of a Dec. 30 deadline.

We are grateful to the Pakistan Telecommunication Authority and the Pakistani government for accepting BlackBerrys position that we cannot provide the content of our customers BES traffic, nor will we provide any so-called back doors to our BES servers, Beard said in the blog entry.

Exiting Pakistan wouldve put BlackBerry in a difficult position as it tries to recover a share of the international market.

The company has built its reputation on security, buying up specialized software firms and marketing its phones, including the new Priv, on their privacy features.

BlackBerry is rolling out its latest Priv smartphone across the world. The phones distribution will spike to 31 countries by the end of February when the companys fourth quarter ends.

Deflecting requests for its phone users data isnt a new situation for BlackBerry. In 2010, several countries including India and Saudi Arabia threatened to ban BlackBerry over its refusal to hand over correspondence between its customers.

Similar to Pakistan, India said it had public safety as its primary concern as it tried to combat militants in the wake of the 2008 attacks in Mumbai that killed 166 people. BlackBerry was able to convince each country to comply with its existing lawful access policies.

However, there are some exceptions to BlackBerrys policies on privacy.

Earlier this month, chief executive officer John Chen said hed be willing to hand private customer information over to law enforcement under certain circumstances.

He cited BlackBerrys long-standing policy that outlines when the company would be willing to give access to police under a court order. Those instances would not provide actual correspondence between users, but would be able to provide a phones location, which users contacted each other and certain metadata, Chen said."
    12-31-15 10:24 AM
    12-31-15 12:01 PM
    Hey guys,
    7:36 PM here so we're all about tonight here, already.
    As I don't want to spoil nor bring back luck, I'd just want to wish you the uttermost best in every area for this last day of the year and the following 365 ones !
    No chart for this (presumingly) last post of the year, just a friendly and sincere hug for you all, the BBRY fellows !
    It's been over 4 years now and I keep in mind we have to perform hard until this thread's 5th anniversary.

With love from Paris.
    SF
    12-31-15 12:41 PM
    12-31-15 12:54 PM
    Hey guys,
    7:36 PM here so we're all about tonight here, already.
    As I don't want to spoil nor bring back luck, I'd just want to wish you the uttermost best in every area for this last day of the year and the following 365 ones !
    No chart for this (presumingly) last post of the year, just a friendly and sincere hug for you all, the BBRY fellows !
    It's been over 4 years now and I keep in mind we have to perform hard until this thread's 5th anniversary.

With love from Paris.
    SF
    Antoine, it is a pleasure being here and a part of your life.

Thank you!

Be safe!

See you next year!

With love from Cape Breton!
    12-31-15 12:55 PM
    From the bottom of the Mother Thyme post:
    "Disclosure This is a sponsored post. I received compensation and a Blackberry Priv from AT&T*in exchange for this review and*post. All opinions are my own."

And from Hello Spendid:
    "THANKS TO AT& T FOR SPONSORING THIS POST. #PRIV"

Good to see AT&T holding up their end of the exclusivity!
    12-31-15 01:02 PM
    Happy New Year everyone! Here's to a strong year for BBRY!!

Posted via CB10
    12-31-15 04:10 PM
    Just in case I happen to come across a beer or two, and forget/not know what I'm doing later, here's an early happy new year to all of you fantastic people!

Posted via CB10
    12-31-15 04:52 PM
    Hey, couldn't resist
    Have a ******* happy year !
    0:19 Paris time.
    Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    sidhuk, bungaboy, rarsen and 15 others like this.
    12-31-15 05:19 PM
    Happy New Year everyone!

Posted via CB10
    12-31-15 06:20 PM
    Happy New Year, bros!
    May 2016 be a BBRY year.

Posted via CB10
    12-31-15 06:23 PM
    Happy new year all....may the sun shine on your dreams and loved ones. (I took this little beauty with the Priv this morning...last sunrise in the last time zone of 2015...(well, almost the last time zone).
    Cheers

you've been made privy to my thoughts.
    Attached Thumbnails The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares]-24674.jpg  
    12-31-15 07:06 PM
    Wishing a Safe, Healthy, Prosperous and Happy New Year to everyone.

May 2016 be a Berry Good Year!
    12-31-15 07:25 PM
    Yeah, my low ball bids on ECA.to keep getting hit. Also, I have some Jan options that I'm still hoping to clear soon. BBRY is strong on a down day.

Posted via CB10
    I've been so tempted to buy some more eca.to but want to see the bottom first. After today I'm considering making the move, but will wait until Tues to be sure.

Posted via CB10
    12-31-15 08:04 PM
    I imagine in 2 hrs I'll be kissing the floor so I'll say it now....Happy New Year from Halifax NS.
    Here's to a prosperous 2016.

Posted via CB10
    12-31-15 08:07 PM
    Happy New Year, everyone!

Posted via CB10
    12-31-15 08:25 PM
    I'll miss you guys... see you next year!!🙈🙊🙉
    12-31-15 08:44 PM
    Just in case I happen to come across a beer or two, and forget/not know what I'm doing later, here's an early happy new year to all of you fantastic people!

Posted via CB10
    Same here...happy new year everyone!

Posted via my BB PRIV App for Android
    12-31-15 09:05 PM

you've been made privy to my thoughts.
    Corbu, bungaboy, rarsen and 4 others like this.
    12-31-15 09:30 PM
    Wishing you all nothing but the best for 2016! Bonne anne tous!

Oh yes, I almost forgot! Xenia also wishes to extend her best wishes of a terrific year to all the members of this awesome thread... Cheers!

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares]-12394031_166504327041997_429464395_n.jpg
    12-31-15 09:38 PM
    Happy New Year to the great members of this thread!

I feel undeserving being the first post of 2016, but let me assure you; I will be here to see the last of 2016 as well.

Cheers to a HAPPY and HEALTHY 2016. The rest is all for fun!
    12-31-15 11:58 PM
    01-01-16 04:51 AM
    Well, this was a great night and despite my baby bottle training, this was mandatory!

Have a great year my friends.
    May peace conquer the fools,
    May love surround you all,
    May health be our daily gift.

Love is all you neeed.
    SF

P.S : G_d bless you Howarmat, thanks for being our angel 24/7.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    Attached Thumbnails The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares]-79651.jpg  
    Last edited by Superfly_FR; 01-01-16 at 06:29 AM.
    rarsen, Corbu, morganplus8 and 7 others like this.
    01-01-16 04:52 AM
105,637 ... 37753776377737783779 ...