View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1106. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

693 62.66%
  • No

413 37.34%
    You asked for it!

There, this should save you from any temptation...

Love the natural beauty. Reminds me of the Priv and probably runs just as hot Keep postin'
    Corbu, sidhuk, bbjdog and 5 others like this.
    12-23-15 11:03 AM
    You asked for it!

There, this should save you from any temptation...

Thanks mate! My head is totally empty now! Lol

P.S. Can't watch what's coming!

Back on topic, BBRY had a nice bounce from the 9.22 upper pivot point.

Posted via my BlackBerry Passport
    bungaboy, Corbu and 3MIKE like this.
    12-23-15 11:03 AM
    What is the BlackBerry 9720?

According to these sites, the report states that the NFI could read the flash memory of a Blackberry 9720. “In this data 325 encrypted email messages were found. Of these, 279 could be deciphered. Email messages were exported from the secured data and then decrypted using a method developed by the NFI”, the report states.

About a five year old phone. Maybe they used brute force to decrypt it and it took 5 years.
    12-23-15 11:04 AM
    OT: ECA

Morgan, do you see this one retesting yesterdays low? Quite a nice bounce today. I didn't want to take funds out of SPHS for this one......yet!
    As you well know, its hard to predict where stock prices can go let alone oil/gas, US dollar and the general market. I think ECA is done on the downside. I'm looking for a rally to $ 7.00/shr now. The WTI Index is turning and the stock is too so a close above $ 5.02 puts it positive on the week, its a matter of time now. All stocks look good now. So that would be no retest, it might briefly get down to $ 4.85/shr but not likely as $ 5.00/shr will become support pretty quickly. GL
    12-23-15 11:05 AM
    You forgot to say "and all's well" after the time and quote.

Posted via CB10
    Ooops... my apologies. I've been swamped for the last 3 weeks with Audi's release of new products and training and caught up with condo/home possessions but trying my best to keep up with our favourite thread

Didn't want to say all's well until we are solidly above the US$9 mark for a few days. I think we're all liking what we are seeing and it's such a blessing to have BB begin to change market perception and how this company is being viewed as a whole...this is what I feel to be the most important thing going forward. AAPL is one of the most powerful marketing companies that I/we have ever seen and if we can grasp just a tad of that, we will have no problem sailing further up from here. It's free marketing that can translate directly into sales and we will begin to see the speculative value get stacked on top of the SP with the help of exiting shorts.

I'm actually a bit surprised that BB didn't purchase more shares in the past quarter and I'm skeptical as to whether they will want or need to do this with the price steadily strengthening - it's already $2 higher than what they could have repurchased at.
    12-23-15 11:11 AM
    About a five year old phone. Maybe they used brute force to decrypt it and it took 5 years.

9900 re-edition for several markets. Runs BBOS 7(.1). No details given but this device was probably not in a BES architecture.
    As usual, means close to nothing besides the fact that any other device of the same generation wouldn't need any special effort besides an USB cable. So: LOL.
    12-23-15 11:23 AM
    9900 re-edition for several markets. Runs BBOS 7(.1). No details given but this device was probably not in a BES architecture.
    As usual, means close to nothing besides the fact that any other device of the same generation wouldn't need any special effort besides an USB cable. So: LOL.
    I remember when I was a kid and got my first phone, it was a two can system with some fair weather string. We decided to talk between our two houses at night and the neighbours would tell us to shut up! As you state, the Blackberry 9720 was on similar levels of technology back then. My question is, why would they tell us this now? I find the article to be positive in many ways as the best minds in the world are only breaking down really old technology, ..... something for Inside BlackBerry to brag about me thinks.
    12-23-15 11:37 AM
    Thank you very much for your input on AMD gents. I've been watching it for the last 2 years and sure about this bet...but thanks for your input.

#BBFactCheck
    12-23-15 11:43 AM
    That's maybe likely for an old and not updated device. "9720

#BBFactCheck
    12-23-15 11:44 AM
    Wouldn't it be easier if they sent a warrant on a donkey? The case was before the courts if I'm correct. Five years wasted, let's start again.

_dimi_, bungaboy and 3MIKE like this.
    12-23-15 11:49 AM
    http://n4bb.com/blackberry-priv-sold...to-play-store/This is just in. The picture is worth.......words.

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares]-img_20151223_115040.png

Posted Via blackberry passport.
    " BlackBerry CEO, John Chen, announced late last week that their first Android phone, BlackBerry Priv, had sold 700 000 copies. He also agreed that it was lower than they had estimated (900 000), but that stock price is still rising, and people are regaining confidence in Canadian manufacturer.

Not many info had been revealed during the press conference, but it was hinted that BlackBerry Priv will drop in price around Mobile World Congress in late February 2016.

However, there is a good reason to doubt in the announcement concerning 700 000 sold units of BlackBerry Priv. Google Play Store presents an estimation for each app they offer, so it is very simple to search for various BlackBerry related apps with your Priv and see the numbers yourself.

BlackBerry Camera: 10 000+ downloads

BlackBerry Keyboard: 10 000+ downloads

BlackBerry Services: 10 000+ downloads

BlackBerry Launcher: 10 000+ downloads

In case you do not have access to BlackBerry Priv, you can check it on your PC via Google Play Store website. Of course, there is a possibility that these estimations are not accurate, but you will agree that difference between 10 000+ and ~700 000 is enormous.

This leads us to the conclusion that BlackBerry sold 700 000 units in total, and that BlackBerry Priv is just a portion of that number, which means that Priv is not such a big hit as it is presented to the public.

Even though BlackBerry is doing everything they could to adapt to new Android market, they are still in major financial problems. Canadian manufacturer will probably try to present mid-budget Android phone during MWC in February 2016, and try to live and see another day.

BlackBerry Priv is currently available at $700."
    Corbu, morganplus8, _dimi_ and 6 others like this.
    12-23-15 11:52 AM
    BlackBerry Priv Sold 50000 Copies, According to Play Store? | N4BBThis is just in. The picture is worth.......words.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20151223_115040.png 
Views:	1509 
Size:	536.1 KB 
ID:	385475

Even though BlackBerry is doing everything they could to adapt to new Android market, they are still in major financial problems. Canadian manufacturer will probably try to present mid-budget Android phone during MWC in February 2016, and try to live and see another day.
    That is one of the best articles I have read in a very long time, thanks for finding/posting it! This is a level of stupidity that I never knew was possible in life.

It just shows you how far we have come, all of us, well with the exception of Bungaboy, have matured so much over this past year. To be able to laugh at something like this; when you compare the rage we had with the James Faucette mole who reported that, "more phones were returned than sold". The joke is really on him as he has a boyfriend in a tiny cell for a year more, now that's a funny ending to a terrible time in our life. I forgive that guy and hope "Biff" doesn't hurt him too much.

But I digress, thanks for the laugh and do post more of the same hard hitting reporting while BBRY goes up!
    bbjdog, bungaboy, arfin and 13 others like this.
    12-23-15 12:57 PM
    I've held it twice. Got hammered both times. Mind you, that was the second stock I ever bought. Still, it's on my naughty (not-y) list for eternity.
    Same here. I've mad money on it once, but then ultimately ended up losing thousands on it -- I don't touch it anymore

BBM Channel: C002165D3 Tour 9630 > Bold 9650 > Q10 > Playbook > Classic AND Passport SE!!!
    12-23-15 12:59 PM
    http://n4bb.com/blackberry-priv-sold...to-play-store/This is just in. The picture is worth.......words.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20151223_115040.png 
Views:	1509 
Size:	536.1 KB 
ID:	385475

" BlackBerry CEO, John Chen, announced late last week that their first Android phone, BlackBerry Priv, had sold 700 000 copies. He also agreed that it was lower than they had estimated (900 000), but that stock price is still rising, and people are regaining confidence in Canadian manufacturer.

Not many info had been revealed during the press conference, but it was hinted that BlackBerry Priv will drop in price around Mobile World Congress in late February 2016.

However, there is a good reason to doubt in the announcement concerning 700 000 sold units of BlackBerry Priv. Google Play Store presents an estimation for each app they offer, so it is very simple to search for various BlackBerry related apps with your Priv and see the numbers yourself.

BlackBerry Camera: 10 000+ downloads

BlackBerry Keyboard: 10 000+ downloads

BlackBerry Services: 10 000+ downloads

BlackBerry Launcher: 10 000+ downloads

In case you do not have access to BlackBerry Priv, you can check it on your PC via Google Play Store website. Of course, there is a possibility that these estimations are not accurate, but you will agree that difference between 10 000+ and ~700 000 is enormous.

This leads us to the conclusion that BlackBerry sold 700 000 units in total, and that BlackBerry Priv is just a portion of that number, which means that Priv is not such a big hit as it is presented to the public.

BlackBerry Priv is currently available at $700."
    Nice one Sid! But how did you get a picture of me in the 80's? I remember those days, it was cloudy, but the sun was always out. Funny thing is that I never figured it out. Lol

12-23-15 01:00 PM
    That is one of the best articles I have read in a very long time, thanks for finding/posting it! This is a level of stupidity that I never knew was possible in life.

It just shows you how far we have come, all of us, well with the exception of Bungaboy, have matured so much over this past year. To be able to laugh at something like this; when you compare the rage we had with the James Faucette mole who reported that, "more phones were returned than sold". The joke is really on him as he has a boyfriend in a tiny cell for a year more, now that's a funny ending to a terrible time in our life. I forgive that guy and hope "Biff" doesn't hurt him too much.

But I digress, thanks for the laugh and do post more of the same hard hitting reporting while BBRY goes up!
    I have learned long ago that . . . all publicity is good publicity. LoL
    12-23-15 01:08 PM
    I have learned long ago that . . . all publicity is good publicity. LoL
    Ha! Ha! You are one of my fav posters here, I still can't figure out how you have posted 14,000 plus messages on CB and still be banned for several days at a time , like a 1,000 times!! The only reason I'm not banned all the time is because you take the heat so often I would be plagiarizing you if I did say anything!

And, it is a whole lot easier to get along around here when the stock is doing so well. I remember on last Friday morning when the usual trolls came along to bash BB and the stock went straight up and you didn't have to take them and yourself out! (Cool that .............. but I still think we have matured more than you, just sayin'). Have a good one!
    12-23-15 01:17 PM
    http://mobile.nytimes.com/2015/12/27....co/IQ0VjOG667

Good Tech's sale to BBRY

Posted via CB10
    kadakn01 likes this.
    12-23-15 02:05 PM
    http://mobile.nytimes.com/2015/12/27....co/IQ0VjOG667

Good Tech's sale to BBRY

Posted via CB10

Old news!!!
    bbjdog, La Emperor, rarsen and 2 others like this.
    12-23-15 02:06 PM
    Old news!!!
    Hump day yet?

La Emperor, bungaboy and 3MIKE like this.
    12-23-15 02:11 PM
    12-23-15 02:19 PM
    Old news!!!
    Maybe the story will be the same with Rusty Iron... ;-) hmm..
    bbjdog, bungaboy, sidhuk and 1 others like this.
    12-23-15 02:20 PM
    Maybe the story will be the same with Rusty Iron... ;-) hmm..
    We will have to wait and see. Isn't their report coming soon?

#BBFactCheck
    12-23-15 02:25 PM
    7 Stocks That Will Benefit From the 'January Effect' - TheStreet

Though BlackBerry's dominance in the smartphone market has collapsed to a mere 0.3%, from more than 20% several years ago, the company's niche of delivering the market's most secure smartphones to security-conscious consumers and corporate clients may substantially raise its market share in 2016.

What appears as unconfirmed evidence of sold-out stock at retailers, Wal-Mart and Best Buy, may indicate a better-then-expected demand for its smartphones and a better-than-expected bottom line to 2016 quarterly income statements.

If sold-out stock at two of the largest retail outlets in the U.S. indicates better-then-expected demand, the consensus estimate of an 11-cents a-share loss may turn out to be too pessimistic.

The stock trades closer to the bottom of its 52-week trading range, suggesting that a bias toward a negative sentiment among traders may not be appropriate. Evidence of a turnaround may be visible at this time.

At a Price-to-Sales, Price-to-Book of 1.58 and 1.16, respectively, most traders remain unconvinced of a successful turnaround attempt. Future surprises weigh in favor of the bulls.
    12-23-15 02:42 PM
    Feb. 2016. By then the SP could further slide down if the trend continues.
    sidhuk, bungaboy, rarsen and 2 others like this.
    12-23-15 02:44 PM
    Feb. 2016. By then the SP could further slide down if the trend continues.
    And all the downgraded recently too and many more to come before February. It might turn out to be cheaper than GOOD to purchase.

#BBFactCheck
    La Emperor and sidhuk like this.
    12-23-15 02:50 PM
105,476 ... 37633764376537663767 ...