View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    OkayI I want to know who teased the newbie with the $8.99 dollar mark! Sid your the first that comes into my mind!
    bungaboy, morganplus8 and 3MIKE like this.
    12-22-15 03:15 PM
    My girlfriend has something in common with your Coco, bbjdog...

And yes, she'll be there as well!
    Corbu, I see you keep her on a chain. Smart move considering the guys in here. LoL
    12-22-15 03:35 PM
    Let me be productive in this thread. Reading material!

How The Latest BBM Update Brings Even More Privacy, Security, And Usability | Inside BlackBerry

Posted via my BlackBerry Passport
    Obviously they can't spell "Habs" or "Canadiens"!

Far, far too much "Maple". LoL

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-maple.png
    12-22-15 03:41 PM
    Let me fix that, bunga!

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-montreal_canadiens_logo_3950.png

12-22-15 03:43 PM
    Corbu, I see you keep her on a chain. Smart move considering the guys in here. LoL
    bungaboy and 3MIKE like this.
    12-22-15 03:43 PM
    What is cffo
    Cash flow from operations?
    You're like me. . . I talk to myself a lot too. LoL
    12-22-15 03:47 PM
    Let me fix that, bunga!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	montreal_canadiens_logo_3950.png 
Views:	1761 
Size:	9.2 KB 
ID:	385368

Where is the unlike button?....LOL

12-22-15 03:47 PM

Here, ibpluto, "like" this one!

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-toronto-maple-leafs-25.png
    12-22-15 03:53 PM
    BlackBerry Ltd?s growth in software is only the first step toward offsetting service fee losses, analysts say | Financial Post

BlackBerry Ltd. has tried to build products that people would buy, products that would propel the one-time behemoth to relevancy again and offset losses in other areas of its business. For years, it failed.

Before it could start to grow, BlackBerry needed to fill a void in sales that its lucrative but dying services unit has left behind. The service segment includes the monthly fee it bills to carriers and resellers, which charge their subscribers to use cell phones that operate the BlackBerry 7 operating system or older ones.

Sales from the service access fee, or SAF, have been sliding since 2013, as the Waterloo, Ont.-based tech company lost some customers and others upgraded to new models that run on BlackBerry 10. In fiscal 2012, the service segment generated about US$4.1 billion in revenue, or 22 per cent of the total. In fiscal 2015, it was responsible for sales of just US$1.6 billion that contributed a whopping 49 per cent.

With its nascent software business, propped by the recent acquisitions of former rival Good Technology Inc. and AtHoc Inc., BlackBerry has begun to make a dent in these losses. In results for its third quarter posted last Friday, its sales from software and services increased to US$154 million from US$73 million in the second quarter. In the same three months, SAF sales fell to US$173 million from US$211 million.

“What I thought was the most important point that I don’t want anybody to miss and, certainly, I didn’t want to miss myself, for the first time, our software growth this quarter more than offset the decline in SAF revenue,” CEO John Chen said to analysts. “We expect software growth to more than cover the SAF decline in Q4. We still obviously have a lot to do, but I believe we’re set up for a strong finish in FY2016.”

Even so, sales from SAF fell by 18 per cent in the period ended Nov. 28, or three percentage points more than what BlackBerry was expecting it to decline each quarter. In regulatory filings, the company said it expects revenue from the service access fee for older devices to drop by 18 per cent in the fourth quarter.

For some equity analysts, this was the chief negative takeaway from last week’s report, which exceeded expectations in many ways and pushed the company’s shares nearly 15 per cent higher in the past three trading days.

“The accelerating decline of high margin service revenue is an incremental headwind to profitability” in the short term, Mark Sue, an analyst at RBC Capital Markets, said Monday in a research note. “However, BlackBerry is no longer at the brink where SAF was the only source of positive gross margin revenue.”

He estimates that sales from software, minus any deals that BlackBerry strikes to license its intellectual property, will generate 27 per cent and SAF 25 per cent of BlackBerry’s total revenue in the next quarter.

But, still, software isn’t growing fast enough to cover declines from SAF, said Todd Coupland, an analyst at CIBC World Markets. He says BlackBerry is on track to lose US$800 million from SAF in fiscal 2016 and US$370 million in fiscal 2017. Even with the purchase of Good, he expects sales from software and licensing of its coveted I.P. to increase by US$275 million and US$178 million during the same periods.

“We are still cautious on a BlackBerry turnaround,” Coupland told clients in a research note Friday. “Our view of this high-margin revenue gap is that it will continue to put pressure on earnings.”

Unless, of course, if BlackBerry can integrate the best features of Good’s product into a robust platform that makes its offering that much more compelling in the fiercely competitive arena of enterprise mobility software.
    12-22-15 03:54 PM

Also the block button for Corbu and Bungaboy! LOL
    bungaboy, Corbu and 3MIKE like this.
    12-22-15 03:58 PM
    I see that you have something nice to say about Corbu "HOT" girlfriend, but you don't have anything nice to say about my foreign photo-shopped Coco! She does have feelings!
    Corbu, La Emperor, rarsen and 2 others like this.
    12-22-15 04:05 PM
    What is cffo
    According to bbjdog's book of "Investment Definitions" it is "Can't Find Freakin' Orangutans".
    '
    Corbu, La Emperor, rarsen and 2 others like this.
    12-22-15 04:07 PM
    According to bbjdog's book of "Investment Definitions" it is "Can't Find Freakin' Orangutans".
    '
    LMAO to the point it hurts!

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-laughingorang.jpg
    Corbu, rarsen, bungaboy and 1 others like this.
    12-22-15 04:28 PM
    12-22-15 04:46 PM
    Downtown San Francisco:

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-12317841_548408648661493_1898077389_n.jpg
    12-22-15 04:52 PM
    If I'm correct, and I like to think I am, he was handed a Priv or something and sent to the South of France for Christmas, DON"T let this happen to you!
    I thought I had a reward and finally poof, the reality... :ROFLOL:

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    12-22-15 05:03 PM
    Attachment 385364

Nice reference values calculated by QuotetheRaven on twitter.

Posted via CB10
    Good info. Shows how undervalued BBRY sp really is...it's still trading in breakup value range rather than normal range. Institutions are now noticing, IMHO. They need comfort on downside risk and Chen just gave it to them. Seems to be a lot of control on through Jan expiration though...I'm betting it's about to be broken and reset a notch, but don't know....Strong defense of 9 is getting worn out.

Posted via CB10
    12-22-15 05:15 PM
    I see that you have something nice to say about Corbu "HOT" girlfriend, but you don't have anything nice to say about my foreign photo-shopped Coco! She does have feelings!
    Corbu, if that's really your gf I want to meet you just to hang out all together and talk about BlackBerry...('sorry, Corb, what was that you just said?'). Bbjdog I love Coco too, especially if she knows those other monkeys looking for a topless banana.... :-)

Posted via CB10
    rarsen, bungaboy, _dimi_ and 1 others like this.
    12-22-15 05:26 PM
    12-22-15 06:04 PM
    Downtown San Francisco:

Name:	12317841_548408648661493_1898077389_n.jpg 
Views:	1160 
Size:	67.8 KB 
ID:	385373
    Nice!
    La Emperor, Corbu, rarsen and 1 others like this.
    12-22-15 06:06 PM
    They seem to be doing that mixed typeface / caps thing on purpose...looks like crop, but hey, break the rules...'Fall in Love AGAIN'. Nice.

Posted via CB10
    3MIKE likes this.
    12-22-15 06:13 PM
    OT: And suddenly, all became clear ...
    Animated background, bigger font (see accessibility). There was a new device, assuming Android, not a BB10 transvestite.
    Now I can learn ...
    Back soon about it !

Attached Thumbnails The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-24472.jpg  
    bungaboy, Corbu, rarsen and 5 others like this.
    12-22-15 06:33 PM

Attached Thumbnails The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-24473.jpg  
    bungaboy, Corbu, rarsen and 3 others like this.
    12-22-15 06:39 PM
    Let me fix that, bunga!

Name:	montreal_canadiens_logo_3950.png 
Views:	1761 
Size:	9.2 KB 
ID:	385368

A true vision of beauty!
    Corbu and 3MIKE like this.
    12-22-15 06:43 PM
    12-22-15 06:44 PM
113,251 ... 37603761376237633764 ...