Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    12-21-15 10:27 AM
    Monday�s analyst upgrades and downgrades

"BlackBerry Ltd. (BBRY-Q, BB-T) �appears no longer at the brink,� according to RBC Dominion Securities analyst Mark Sue, noting software revenue is likely to exceed revenue from service access fees (SAF) in the next quarter.

Removing the $53-million (U.S.) earned from intellectual property licensing fees, Mr. Sue said the tech company�s third-quarter results �slightly exceeded� both his expectations and the consensus view. Non-GAAP revenue of $557-million beat his $493-million estimate and the consensus of $488-million. Excluding IP revenue, he estimated adjusted earnings per share of a loss of 8 cents would�ve beaten The Street (a loss of 15 cents) and his estimate of a 11-cent loss.

He noted software momentum is building. Excluding IP revenue, software revenue rose 48 per cent quarter over quarter to $109-million, topping his $98-million estimate.

�The primary negative in the quarter is the accelerating decline of high margin service (SAF) revenue,� he said. �SAF revenue declined 18-per-cent quarter over quarter, which was worse than management guidance for 15-per-cent decrease. The accelerating decline of high margin service (SAF) revenue is an incremental headwind to profitability; however, BlackBerry is no longer at the brink where SAF was the only source of positive gross margin revenue - we estimate software revenue (excluding IP revenue) is likely to reach 27 per cent of total revenue next quarter, exceeding SAF (25 per cent). Still much work remains to establish the company�s software business, and competitors are likely to try to instill [fear, uncertainty and doubt] during the BlackBerry/Good integration.�

He added: �The company is balancing the need for investments to fuel software growth and finance the launch of Android-based devices against its commitment to sustain positive FCF and adj. EBITDA. We believe higher levels of investments are likely to weigh on near-term profitability, but enhance the probability of longer-term success for new products.�

Accordingly, he moved his 2017 EPS estimate to a loss of 34 cents from a loss of 12 cents.

He maintained his �sector perform� rating for the stock while raising his target price to $9 from $8. The analyst average, according to Bloomberg, is $7.64.

�We believe BlackBerry�s multiple is improving as it is making progress in its turnaround with the increasing focus on software and the path to profitability looks within reach,� he said. �We believe a premium to the recent historical average is justified given the improving metrics for the company.�
    Chen said they expect sustainable profitability in 2017, and RBC reduces EPS from a loss to a bigger loss?
    12-21-15 10:29 AM
    I really need to learn all about that stuff you just mentioned. Morgan speaks of it a lot and it sounds like it can be quite profitable

On a side note, anyone have a good app or website for realtime BB.TO? I'm tired of always logging onto my Scotia account.

Posted via CB10
    Morgan talks about writing (selling) covered options, which is a way to make a small amount of regular money on an existing position, whereas I'm talking about buying options, which is more like buying a lottery ticket on a given sp for a given date (that you can trade up until the expiry date). Can explain more if interested.

Posted via CB10
    12-21-15 10:35 AM
    Sorry I jinxed it
    BBRY isn't doing well. Hopefully there'll be a rally, even if it's a small one

'it all started with the  Priv...then the Vienna?'
    "With patience and faith expectations you must set" (Yoda - Also known as Morgan+8)
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-capture.png
    12-21-15 10:44 AM
    Chen said they expect sustainable profitability in 2017, and RBC reduces EPS from a loss to a bigger loss?
    Yeah. Saw that. I don't even read half these. I found this thread has more info than these so called experts when it comes to BlackBerry.

Posted Via blackberry passport.
    12-21-15 10:50 AM
    My contribution this morning has been zero! So here is some reading material.

http://blogs.blackberry.com/2015/12/...android-phone/

Posted via my BlackBerry Passport
    12-21-15 10:57 AM
    I really need to learn all about that stuff you just mentioned. Morgan speaks of it a lot and it sounds like it can be quite profitable

On a side note, anyone have a good app or website for realtime BB.TO? I'm tired of always logging onto my Scotia account.

Posted via CB10
    I do two things with options, I write covered calls and I sell naked puts. Today I have an order in for naked puts on ECA, I'm starting with 200 put options for sale at a $ 5.00 strike going out to February of next year, at $ .60/option. If the stock is below $ 5.00/shr I'll end up getting put to for the stock at $ 5.00 but my cost will be $ 4.40/shr net.

I have calls for sale against some BlackBerry (BBRY) at $ 9.00 out to January for $ .65/option, 650 of those. If I sell them against some of my block I'll get paid $ 65/US for each 100 shares. I like to generate some income on some of my shares to buy into other plays. If I do have those shares called away, I'll write naked puts to get them back. If you have questions about any of these trades please ask.

For the record I rarely ever buy calls outright as they rarely every make money. I broke with that rule when BBRY was below $ 7.00/shr and bought several blocks/series which I then sold on Friday afternoon when the stock went above $ 9.08/shr. That's my full disclosure for today! GL
    12-21-15 11:16 AM
    $-_--$$!!!'!-;--'''''''---'$2>..!!!??!.?!?

Posted via CB10
    12-21-15 11:22 AM
    $-_--$$!!!'!-;--'''''''---'$2>..!!!??!.?!?

Posted via CB10
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-surprisedmonkey1.jpg
    12-21-15 11:27 AM
    12-21-15 11:30 AM
    I believe our friend kadakn01 has already told us about this, but nice to see others have picked it up:
    http://finance.yahoo.com/news/two-gu...162055397.html
    Two Gurus Buying in Motion With a Falling Stock
    12-21-15 11:31 AM
    LOL, seems like a downgrade.
    12-21-15 11:37 AM
    12-21-15 11:38 AM
    I do two things with options, I write covered calls and I sell naked puts. Today I have an order in for naked puts on ECA, I'm starting with 200 put options for sale at a $ 5.00 strike going out to February of next year, at $ .60/option. If the stock is below $ 5.00/shr I'll end up getting put to for the stock at $ 5.00 but my cost will be $ 4.40/shr net.

I have calls for sale against some BlackBerry (BBRY) at $ 9.00 out to January for $ .65/option, 650 of those. If I sell them against some of my block I'll get paid $ 65/US for each 100 shares. I like to generate some income on some of my shares to buy into other plays. If I do have those shares called away, I'll write naked puts to get them back. If you have questions about any of these trades please ask.

For the record I rarely ever buy calls outright as they rarely every make money. I broke with that rule when BBRY was below $ 7.00/shr and bought several blocks/series which I then sold on Friday afternoon when the stock went above $ 9.08/shr. That's my full disclosure for today! GL
    Thank you Morgan for the tips and advice. I will look more into it soon
    Thanks Daschwanz for clarifying too

I wish you all a happy healthy holiday season, Morgan, keep the fight!

Posted via CB10
    sidhuk, rarsen, bungaboy and 7 others like this.
    12-21-15 11:56 AM
  15. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    Strong volume again today! ... now we have a TECH COMPANY lol ... as Wall Street starts to wake up to BlackBerry! ,,, next stop $9 US, $13 CAD all aboard this LONG running train ....
    12-21-15 11:59 AM
    Nothing that we don't already really know...
    Facebook, Alphabet Ending 2015 On High Note With Apps - Investors.com

In terms of smartphone operating systems, the Android OS developed by Alphabet held at 52.6% share of the U.S. market in the third quarter, Nielsen said. The Apple operating system followed at 42.7%.

Microsoft was third at 2.8%, then BlackBerry at 0.7%. Smartphone penetration reflects all models with a high-level operating system, Nielsen said.
    12-21-15 12:02 PM
    Apple seems too high

12-21-15 12:04 PM

I need to get my head around this a bit. sounds good though.

So I think we close over $9 today and then figure out which channel we end up in.....upwards or sideways. Looking forward to a few charts over the next few days showing us some potential options.

OT: HALO - I would have thought it would pop higher than 6%. So much potential and stuck in the 16-18 range for a bit. I want to see this back to the 20-24 range by the year end.

OT: SPHS....it's just sitting around....trickling up or down a few pennies and no one is selling....no volume. That looks good to me...it should pop nicely when some buyers and volume come back.
    ZayDub, rarsen, Mr BBRY and 2 others like this.
    12-21-15 12:09 PM
    I need to get my head around this a bit. sounds good though.

So I think we close over $9 today and then figure out which channel we end up in.....upwards or sideways. Looking forward to a few charts over the next few days showing us some potential options.

OT: HALO - I would have thought it would pop higher than 6%. So much potential and stuck in the 16-18 range for a bit. I want to see this back to the 20-24 range by the year end.

OT: SPHS....it's just sitting around....trickling up or down a few pennies and no one is selling....no volume. That looks good to me...it should pop nicely when some buyers and volume come back.
    We are really seeing the end of position squaring for 2015 today, everything is all over the place right now. Funds will close out their books and then you will see some buying come into the market. BBRY is doing well but $ 9.00 is a big round number to cross today. I would be happy is we can park right under that number. Wednesday is the day to see the market for what it really is going forward.

HALO has Hilary Clinton slowing it down, it will pop after the Funds close their books but a move into $ 20.00 plus is made harder by her right now.

SPHS - is great, he is one crazy CEO and we don't know what he is planning at this stage. SPHS needs to rise some cash so he will be positioning the stock to issue more shares at much higher pricing. This is great buy, a $ 29 MM for a company that has a PHASE-III prostrate drug on its hands.

This time of the year is the silly season and you will look back at these prices and shake your head.
    12-21-15 12:25 PM
    Here comes $9! 3 cents away!

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-img_20151221_133807.png

12-21-15 12:40 PM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	surprisedmonkey1.jpg 
Views:	942 
Size:	7.1 KB 
ID:	385230
    Sorry, this is pocket posting, unauthorized as always! Sorry for the distraction. Funny it sounds like I'm mad about something but I'm not!

Posted via CB10
    3MIKE likes this.
    12-21-15 12:56 PM
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-img_20151221_135723.jpg

Look what came in the mail today boys!

Don't be jealous spiller. $9 close is coming soon!

Posted via crackberry10 on my new Z30!
    12-21-15 12:58 PM
    It almost looks like you have three privs

12-21-15 01:00 PM
    Sorry, this is pocket posting, unauthorized as always! Sorry for the distraction. Funny it sounds like I'm mad about something but I'm not!

Posted via CB10
    I really hate when that happens!

Posted via my BlackBerry Passport
    3MIKE likes this.
    12-21-15 01:32 PM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20151221_135723.jpg 
Views:	757 
Size:	31.9 KB 
ID:	385236

Look what came in the mail today boys!

Don't be jealous spiller. $9 close is coming soon!

Posted via crackberry10 on my new Z30!
    Although I only agreed to a purchase on a $9 friday close....I think I could convince myself to extend to (Morgan's) Wednesday if it doesn't happen today/tomorrow.

But do I really need one? Passport is just soooo good

And would I get carrier subsidized ($349 @ bell...wtf is that) or $899 unlocked with wireless charging.
    12-21-15 01:37 PM
113,256 ... 37553756375737583759 ...