12-20-15 11:33 AM
    I voted for hot!

'it all started with the  Priv...then the Vienna?'
    rarsen and 3MIKE like this.
    12-20-15 11:43 AM
    7:50... "Most improved"!
    12-20-15 12:08 PM
    12-20-15 12:32 PM
    I have found a very interesting and we'll written financial analysis following this link: https://a-valtsev.whotrades.com/blog...urce=maxsocial

What I don't fully comprehend is the Debentures explanation. Perhaps some of the financial gurus in this forum have better understanding to clarify this aspect as the drop from +30 to (390) is quite large.

Posted via Money making BlackBerry Passport!
    You have to be very careful reading anything into what some amateurs have to say about investments, this goes for MF, SA and this site. This "author" took this statement from the SA article in question:

"For the sake of comparison, debentures fair value adjustment expenses swung from a positive $382 million to a negative $287 million between Q4 2014 and Q1 2015. The quarterly bottom line also improved in kind, from a net loss of $423 million to $23 million in net income through this same time frame. Investors should remain skeptical of a BlackBerry business model that appears to rely upon wild fair value fluctuations within privately placed securities to derive income, instead of delivering quality product and selling phones."

Two wrongs don't make a right and his quoting someone else who doesn't know what they are talking about isn't good for anyone. If you click on the article from SA and ignore it, as you should, look at what the message board has to say about his claims. Nearly everyone there has a better idea of what's going on then the "author".

The adjustment is purely a non-cash accounting requirement that BlackBerry has to provide as part of a conservative reporting obligation. We look at Non-GAAP financials just like everyone else in the world. GAAP accounting concerns all aspects of the business including non-cash transactions and valuations, as such, it isn't material to how a company is doing. That is why we shouldn't spend much time looking at the GAAP loss of $ 89 MM this quarter or $ .17/shr as it includes one time charges, non-cash etc.. There is some info in there but nothing material to how the company performed over this past quarter.

The convertible bonds are no different than any other convertible issued in the world today, they convert at a price, they carry an interest charge and they have first rights to a bankruptcy liquidation proceeding. So many analysts subtract the face value of these bonds to determine cash. This is totally wrong for the most part and misleading at the least, cash is cash, if you have cash in the bank, you can spend it, that's the Priv of paying interest.

If this guy was on his game, he would have stated that as BB/BBRY improves, the bond debt is inversely proportional to the success of the price of the stock. Re: GAAP accounting only, they will show higher negative non-cash losses as the stock increases its probability of going above the strike price of the convertible bonds ($ 10 exercise price). Big deal. The point is, it isn't material to anything, no one cares, if reporters even report GAAP losses in their headlines they should be slapped.

To conclude, as the company does better, as their balance sheet improves, as they grow nearer to profitability, the price of the stock will go up, this will make it more likely that those bonds will be exercised and that implies dilution to the outstanding shares as they are, which is something GAAP accounting wants us to know about. I think we do know already thank you for nothing SA.
    sidhuk, Corbu, snaponsly and 18 others like this.
    12-20-15 12:32 PM
    You have to be very careful reading anything into what some amateurs have to say about investments, this goes for MF, SA and this site. This "author" took this statement from the SA article in question:

"For the sake of comparison, debentures fair value adjustment expenses swung from a positive $382 million to a negative $287 million between Q4 2014 and Q1 2015. The quarterly bottom line also improved in kind, from a net loss of $423 million to $23 million in net income through this same time frame. Investors should remain skeptical of a BlackBerry business model that appears to rely upon wild fair value fluctuations within privately placed securities to derive income, instead of delivering quality product and selling phones."

Two wrongs don't make a right and his quoting someone else who doesn't know what they are talking about isn't good for anyone. If you click on the article from SA and ignore it, as you should, look at what the message board has to say about his claims. Nearly everyone there has a better idea of what's going on then the "author".

The adjustment is purely a non-cash accounting requirement that BlackBerry has to provide as part of a conservative reporting obligation. We look at Non-GAAP financials just like everyone else in the world. GAAP accounting concerns all aspects of the business including non-cash transactions and valuations, as such, it isn't material to how a company is doing. That is why we shouldn't spend much time looking at the GAAP loss of $ 89 MM this quarter or $ .17/shr as it includes one time charges, non-cash etc.. There is some info in there but nothing material to how the company performed over this past quarter.

The convertible bonds are no different than any other convertible issued in the world today, they convert at a price, they carry an interest charge and they have first rights to a bankruptcy liquidation proceeding. So many analysts subtract the face value of these bonds to determine cash. This is totally wrong for the most part and misleading at the least, cash is cash, if you have cash in the bank, you can spend it, that's the Priv of paying interest.

If this guy was on his game, he would have stated that as BB/BBRY improves, the bond debt is inversely proportional to the success of the price of the stock. Re: GAAP accounting only, they will show higher negative non-cash losses as the stock increases its probability of going above the strike price of the convertible bonds ($ 10 exercise price). Big deal. The point is, it isn't material to anything, no one cares, if reporters even report GAAP losses in their headlines they should be slapped.

To conclude, as the company does better, as their balance sheet improves, as they grow nearer to profitability, the price of the stock will go up, this will make it more likely that those bonds will be exercised and that implies dilution to the outstanding shares as they are, which is something GAAP accounting wants us to know about. I think we do know already thank you for nothing SA.
    Thanks Morgan and love the way you used Priv in your sentence!!

Cheers

Posted via my BlackBerry Passport
    12-20-15 12:43 PM
    Fascinating info on that short volume, Bacon.

I wonder if carrier stores will present the Priv as an option to folks looking for an Android phone...

Don't know Jon. Just as a FYI, I was at Walmart British Columbia this morning trying to be a good father for my kids' (Bacon Munchers) to shop for stocking stuffers, and I asked the Teeny-girl sleeping behind the counter if they have the Priv. After a few seconds of pale-faced blank floor-staring, she uttered "no. We don't carry BlackBerry ".
    Waiting for the air to exit from her head I told her that she will learn soon enough. The till dude said that he heard it was THE Android phone to have.

Wal-Mart backs the Priv | https://www.blackberrycentral.com/ne...rt-backs-priv/

Off to Church!
    Last edited by Bacon Munchers; 12-20-15 at 01:18 PM.
    12-20-15 12:54 PM
    Love the chart Morgan and my eyes concur with the moderate upwards moving price channel. I have two other channels in my BBRY chart where it shows Fridays price rejected by the bottom line of the top channel. As with Friday one can see that BBRY has been rejected by the bottom line of this top channel at least 6 times in the last 2 weeks of November. Hope to see it enter the top channel next week.
    Attachment 385069
    Ha! I threw that chart up first thing in the morning to establish our target for the day of aprox. $ 8.60/shr. We hit it, and more, on a day of triple witching, the DOW down 370 pts and a general mess for everyone but us. Your hyper chart showing an accelerated path for BBRY is a real possibility too, Friday was such a bad day for the general market though. We are seeing the last of the Funds dumping stock for this calendar year. This week should be much better and I believe we are setting up for a very nice rally. BB has CES in mid-January, Priv sales leaks and a positive stock well over the $ 8.00 mark, above its 200-dma and the 50-dma raising too.

I have a trading account and because I hold so many shares of BBRY in all accounts, I finally caved into my wife and sold 40,000 at $ 9.00 and bought ECA with that money. I'm looking for ECA to pop a bit going into January as dogs are purchased after the Funds close their books.

Getting back to BBRY, I do believe a chunk of that volume was short covering and James F. trying to talk us into buying MOBL while his brokerage firm was buying up BBRY stock on Friday, now that was comical!

Shareholders have been waiting a long time for this breakout, it is coming off a 6-month base so it is strong. We spent a year above $ 10.00 on far less promising news so this thing has some legs now. Even the worst brokerages have to be considering raising of their targets for BB on the back of this data. Our average will be going higher. Great work by everyone on this thread, sound reasoning on many levels, much better than some analysts so we are rocking this thread as the place to be for all news on BlackBerry. Well done everyone!
    12-20-15 01:22 PM
    Thanks Morgan and love the way you used Priv in your sentence!!

Cheers

Ha! Ha! Thanks for noticing! I would Trade Mark it for use in social media but BlackBerry already has dibs. If we all used it to mean "privilege" when using social media ...... as I did in "Priv", we could redefine the label to not mean toilet! LOL

Okay, I'm a little giddy over Q3 still.

As mentioned earlier, I think we fell back at the close on Friday due to the -370 pts on the DOW, triple witching, late in the day/week and exhaustion from such huge volume so I see us picking up where we left off this coming week. GL

#Priv'dtobehere
    12-20-15 01:35 PM
    One more thing, I can't remember who posted it on Friday morning but I drew a tear when I read a message that, "the RSI is at 62 and that means we have more room to go higher". I'm not correct in the text but the statement showed me that this thread is a step above all others for investment. Way to go whomever you are, I was away for the afternoon but I was reading your messages gang and the talk was excellent.
    sidhuk, dusdal, bungaboy and 12 others like this.
    12-20-15 01:40 PM
    Attachment 384888

RSI = 65. Which means there's still room to go. At this point, I'm looking for a mid-day dip and then rally to finish at HOD. Ohhh I can see the champagne (beer actually) flowing this weekend already!

Here it is Mr. BBRY !!! You are good! I smiled big time when I read this and it made me wonder what else we'll be hearing on a TA basis that affects the prospects for the stock so much. Thanks for that post! This thread has come so far from 2 years ago.
    bungaboy, sidhuk, Corbu and 8 others like this.
    12-20-15 01:46 PM
    By the way on SA watch out for KIA. His a articles are always negative for BlackBerry. They are a diehard BlackBerry hater

'it all started with the  Priv...then the Vienna?'
    Ribes Nigrum likes this.
    12-20-15 01:47 PM
    I don't think I have seen this before but a number of blogs seem to be doing a second review of Priv. I don't think I have seen that done with other devices.

Living with the BlackBerry Priv hooked me on its keyboard

I wish they'd go and outright say I LOVE IT because these kind of reviews don't do a lot for BlackBerry. If you add qualifiers everytime you write a review (it's good but cramped, keyboard is great but sometimes misses gesture etc), regular prospective customers aren't going to get excited. I wish they'd just recommend PRIV without any reservations.

That said, it sounds to me like, generally speaking, techies like the BlackBerry Priv. But they just can't bring themselves to come outright and say it. Perhaps they have made fun of BlackBerry in the past so now it is difficult for them to say 'I love this' because that'd be a complete U-turn, hurt their ego or pride.

Or perhaps the publication owners are anti-BB or something else.

But the fact that Engadget did a second review (I think Android Central also did a second review) implies to me that people genuine like this device. They can't admit to loving it (without hurting their ego/pride) but you can see noticeable shift in their opinion.

Perhaps next BB Android model will receive outright unqualified recommendation. And of course, by the time it's time for next BB Android model, the BB Android OS would have also matured significantly. That's all I can hope.
    12-20-15 01:49 PM
    Getting back to BBRY, I do believe a chunk of that volume was short covering and James F. trying to talk us into buying MOBL while his brokerage firm was buying up BBRY stock on Friday, now that was comical!
    Whats even better is this quote!!! really good laugh!!

This thread has become the place for a good laugh, just what the doctor ordered!!
    12-20-15 01:53 PM
    As mentioned earlier, I think we fell back at the close on Friday due to the -370 pts on the DOW, triple witching, late in the day/week and exhaustion from such huge volume so I see us picking up where we left off this coming week. GL
    We also have to remember the twits that raised the price for profit!! then it settled down around the 200 DMA. Thanks Morgan!! how about an update on your battles? if you wish, tell me to go fly a kite!!

P.S. can i copy that Priv'dtobehere!! Nice!!
    rarsen, morganplus8, 3MIKE and 2 others like this.
    12-20-15 02:04 PM
    Picture of me, after Fridays results!

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-surprisedmonkey.jpg
    12-20-15 03:46 PM
    Picture of me, after Fridays results!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	surprisedMonkey.jpg 
Views:	818 
Size:	6.2 KB 
ID:	385163
    Can't imagine what you'll look like a few Qs from now, dog...
    bungaboy, sidhuk, 3MIKE and 3 others like this.
    12-20-15 03:48 PM
    Can't imagine what you'll look like a few Qs from now, dog...
    Does this help!!

Lets try French again!! cette aide!!

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-monkeydrinkingbeer.jpg
    Last edited by bbjdog; 12-20-15 at 04:31 PM.
    bungaboy, Corbu, sidhuk and 4 others like this.
    12-20-15 04:01 PM
    My eyes hurt!

Sorry mate, I need something to recover my senses...

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-12269714_939155782839792_246554199_n.jpg

12-20-15 04:52 PM
    My eyes hurt!

Sorry mate, I need something to recover my senses...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	12269714_939155782839792_246554199_n.jpg 
Views:	1352 
Size:	216.4 KB 
ID:	385165

Are you claiming, she is better looking then pictures of me! If I wasn't to busy laughing at my Passport screen, I would let you have it!! Lol

Corbu, morganplus8, rarsen and 3 others like this.
    12-20-15 05:15 PM
    LOL mate!

Just for you Corbu.

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-monkeyindress.jpg
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-monkeyindress2.jpg
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-monkeyindress1.jpg
    12-20-15 06:16 PM
    Pretty nice dress you're wearing there, dog...

bungaboy and 3MIKE like this.
    12-20-15 06:21 PM
    Pretty nice dress you're wearing there, dog...

LMAO!!!

Don't make me blush.

Corbu, bungaboy, 3MIKE and 1 others like this.
    12-20-15 06:28 PM
    Back on topic! Reading material.

http://www.stocksnewswire.com/hot-pe...7428842015871/

bungaboy, Corbu, 3MIKE and 3 others like this.
    12-20-15 07:39 PM

Thank you very much for this Morgan. I new there was a better explanation for that and I knew I could count on this fine group of investors!

Posted via Money making BlackBerry Passport!
    Corbu, morganplus8, rarsen and 5 others like this.
    12-20-15 08:14 PM
113,256 ... 37523753375437553756 ...