1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    It's the end of the quiet period!

'it all started with the  Priv...'
    12-17-15 08:30 AM
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-img_20151217_154001.png

Again above 8 USD...

Posted via CB10
    12-17-15 08:46 AM
    AAPL went up but it seems that it's getting pulled down

'it all started with the  Priv...'
    huwit likes this.
    12-17-15 08:48 AM
    so, what's going to happen today? any guesses? :P
    12-17-15 09:15 AM
    Anyone else excited for tomorrow?
    12-17-15 09:35 AM
    I like the sound of this news. LoL
    http://www.technobuffalo.com/2015/12...source=twitter

Posted Via blackberry passport.
    12-17-15 09:36 AM
    so, what's going to happen today? any guesses? :P
    Pre-Dump Pump.
    3MIKE, Mr BBRY and sidhuk like this.
    12-17-15 09:36 AM
    There's pills and apps for that! LoL
    12-17-15 09:37 AM
    Very curious. I always get worried with analyst upgrades during the quiet period.

Posted via CB10
    12-17-15 09:40 AM
    Very curious. I always get worried with analyst upgrades during the quiet period.

Posted via CB10
    The better to "Pump" you up my dear. LoL
    3MIKE, cjcampbell and sidhuk like this.
    12-17-15 09:41 AM
    For the first time in many years analysts have been very quiet pre-ER. Typically we've had many upgrades/downgrades just before ER.

Posted via CB10
    12-17-15 09:53 AM

Posted via CB10
    Isn't it good to hear upgrade? Aren't they just wanted to save their faces

#BBFactCheck
    12-17-15 09:54 AM
    Isn't it good to hear upgrade? Aren't they just wanted to save their faces

#BBFactCheck
    Yes and no. If all of a sudden the concensus jumps, the likelihood of a beat becomes much less achievable.

Posted via CB10
    12-17-15 09:58 AM
    For the first time in many years analysts have been very quiet pre-ER. Typically we've had many upgrades/downgrades just before ER.
    The DOW has fallen 150 pts as of now and we are still positive. We also almost made it to the 200-dma at $ 8.36/shr before the DOW let go. The volume is good, we are way outside the Bollinger Bands but we aren't testing that figure any more. I haven't seen the stock so bullish in years. At the close, we will confirm the breakout above that 6-month long overhead of $ 8.00/shr. Everything is set here for some great news and we just might get that this time. It would be fun to see all of the analysts have to racket up their targets.
    12-17-15 10:02 AM
    This could be very interesting if this is beginning of the upward portion of this story. If they can show signs of real growth, I'm back in.

I'm more conservative, so I probably won't get back in until 9 or 9.50 realistically. But happy to ride that story back to $11 or $12 over the next few months if they really have turned this thing around.
    12-17-15 10:07 AM
    I'm what you would call "cautiously optimistic".
    12-17-15 10:17 AM
    As a norm. I have been selling my 1/3 of blackberry for years now just a day or 2 before earnings. I dunno, this year getting hesitant. Decisions decisions lol

12-17-15 10:18 AM
    BBRY (TSX) 11.49

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    bungaboy and sidhuk like this.
    12-17-15 10:21 AM
    As a norm. I have been selling my 1/3 of blackberry for years now just a day or 2 before earnings. I dunno, this year getting hesitant. Decisions decisions lol

I'm with you! I have a record amount of stock and options and a sizable profit now, the stock is doing great though, so do we ride it all to the finish line tomorrow morning or sell something?

The real problem isn't with BBRY, it is AAPL and the DOW, Tim Cook is clinging to a cliff right now with AAPL below $ 110.00 and he just found out that the branch he is holding onto has no roots. If AAPL falls a buck farther, the DOW, which is at its 50-dma and its 200-dma, will likely drop below that level again. Everyone will blame the sell-off in the DOW to the price of oil but we all know that Wall Street's poster child for making money is about to collapse.
    This is the one time that I would like AAPL to turn around and head back up for a few days! Too bad they have nothing to sell consumers next year, it will hurt them badly. BBRY is in another world of reality and the stock looks great here. Tough choices, I might ride it out though.
    3MIKE, Mr BBRY, sidhuk and 3 others like this.
    12-17-15 10:28 AM
    I need this ER to deliver shocker. Like + $1 EPS with growth forecast for following quarters.
    That's it.
    Somebody make this happen.
    3MIKE likes this.
    12-17-15 10:29 AM
    Historically, bears been giving BlackBerry 30% shave after each ER. Kinda punishing. So based on that number, BlackBerry should only be down $2.40 from $8.00. Meaning it will drop to $5.60.
    Gotta have some money lined up for that. Lol
    But again, this time it feels different. No bear raids on this forum so for (fingers crossed) other than the die hard Kia on SA.
    The upside is like z10 release to $16 or so.
    Then again, mighty shorts numbers are still there, either the financial leaks have stopped or the shorts throwing out another stay quiet trick this time?
    Don't get excited folks. I am just talking/typing to my self. Lol

12-17-15 10:34 AM
    Just for the fun of it...

Here's what my Chrystal ball says, today we close at 8,28 and tomorrow 9,02 🐂
    bungaboy and sidhuk like this.
    12-17-15 10:35 AM
    I need this ER to deliver shocker. Like + $1 EPS with growth forecast for following quarters.
    That's it.
    Somebody make this happen.
    I would like to see that too but we have to be realistic here and a licensing deal makes them profitable along with some traction in software that is to hit in the latter part of F2016. We spent a year above $ 10.00 a share on far less optimism and we know that there is a huge short position that could be in the wrong direction as of tomorrow. There are ways to get us to 52-week highs this time around and that final push would come from Chen hinting that we are back in the phone hardware business for good. We'll see, but this is a great time of the year to be fully invested so who knows. GL
    12-17-15 10:36 AM
    Just for the title:
    BlackBerry CEO Calls Out Apple's Approach to Encryption - Fortune

No need to click since we reported that story two days ago.
    12-17-15 11:02 AM

Funny I did that as well before last ER, sold about 1/3 right before. This time, I bought an extra 1/3 @11:50$ this morning! We'll see what happens.

Posted via CB10
    12-17-15 11:08 AM
113,256 ... 37363737373837393740 ...