View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1106. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

693 62.66%
  • No

413 37.34%
    Old man say : woaw (my denture is having a bubble bath)
    Posted via CB10
    Edited : bubble, not bible, you stupid autocorrect!
    ... an example of a 'lost in translation joke' I take it?
    It would be funnier with the auto correct version - Mooo!
    Now my denture is back ...
    Old man say : RoaR !!!
    Last edited by Superfly_FR; 12-13-15 at 10:13 AM.
    12-13-15 06:20 AM
    This post was supposed to be reply to Bacon Munchers
    Hey Raging investor and welcome to the hottest thread around !
    SF
    P.S: I've made some mod magic for you
    12-13-15 06:26 AM
    Hey Raging investor and welcome to the hottest thread around !
    SF
    P.S: I've made some mod magic for you
    Now I am glad that I still believe in magic Thanks for the mod magic and the "hottest" thread around, Superfly.
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares]-magic-coldplay-.png
    For video, please check Youtube. I still do not have enough posts to send links
    12-13-15 07:50 AM
    For those interested in the IOT and BlackBerry 's opportunity there you should look at the players in the Industrial Internet Consortium. Lots of big names.
    Also look into Predix. GE is spending $5billion to do what we think BlackBerry should, and they are only focused on a small industrial niche.
    I really want BlackBerry to be successful in this space but they need to stake a claim soon.

Posted from my PassPort
    Christophe Piquemal and CDM76 like this.
    12-13-15 08:36 AM
    So I thought I would talk about what is happening in the general market as it is important to BlackBerry that the general market is stable. Last week, the DOW fell 600 points, the S&P 500 also took a huge bath on Friday to end a miserable week for the general markets. What did BBRY do? It fell $ .08/cents, that's it. BlackBerry basically moved sideways while the general market stumbled big time.

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares]-s-p-500-dec-11-2015.png

Why does it matter that the major markets are down, they move around all the time and BBRY is special and should ignore everything else right? The S&P 500 breached an important level on Friday of 2020.00, that's not good news because it has minor support now at 2000. If we lose 2000, the next stop is way down there and that is what everyone is worried about. BBRY really can't swim against the general market so it is important to find support on Monday and hold 2000. All day long, "experts" came onto CNBC and told us that 2020 would hold, but it didn't, so much for them. The problem here is that the Fed will be rising interest rates this week and the bond market has sold off on that news, the market hates to see cheap money disappear so it is backing up for the news. In addition, this week is the last week to sell into a deep market for tax purposes so there is that element of negative trading with us for a few more days. Funds will adjust their portfolios this week to account for the Fed and weak stocks that make their funds look bad.

Now for the good news, this is nothing new for us, we do this every year and it is followed by a rally. The rally takes place in promising stocks and those who sold off this past Fall. The winner will be tech, pharma and some energy stocks too. This is the time that you load up on shares of companies that appear to be unwanted by investors as they will get reloaded starting this week.

So on Monday, rather than ask why BBRY is down a nickle ask yourself when and at what level the S&P 500 will find support. This isn't about BlackBerry it is about the market getting past the typical end of year portfolio adjustment and setting us up for a sustained rally. BBRY is very strong compared to many other trades, it isn't BBRY's fault if the general market is tanking on Fed news, so be patient. We have one of the biggest Q's in history for BlackBerry starting before the bell on Friday so think about that and forget the price itself. The sky is the limit for the price of the stock if the numbers are positive, i.e. earnings, revenues, share buy back, forecasts, the Priv uptake etc, none of which anyone is aware of the details in advance.
    12-13-15 11:21 AM
    Happy Sunday all. After my Friday night escapades, I'm almost back to "normal". ha. Figured I'd put up the 3 minute chart for the last two trading days. With only 4 more trading days before the ER, anything can happen. Will there be a lot of profit taking for fear of what typically happens on a BBRY earnings day? Will many be buying expecting something different? Shorts piling in expecting history to repeat? With so many unknowns, it's anybody's guess as to what will happen this time around. In any case, it should be an interesting week!

I'm trying out a new charting program and so far, it's "ok" but still needs work.

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares]-screen-shot-2015-12-13-12.10.07-pm.jpg
    12-13-15 11:24 AM
    Happy Sunday all. After my Friday night escapades, I'm almost back to "normal". . . .
    Made me LoL long time!
    cjcampbell, sidhuk, bbjdog and 3 others like this.
    12-13-15 11:54 AM
    OT. Since very quiet here.

Attachment 384109

I don't think it is former blackberry guy Mike. Almost same last name.
    Posted Via blackberry passport.
    So that's where BigBadBen went!
    Miss you bros, both of you.

Posted via CB10
    12-13-15 01:42 PM
    Thank you very much for the video. First time I saw this part of interview. BTW Amber is gorgeous.

21m share pick ups - 21m share repurchase will in my opinion limit the number of outstanding common shares and help the stock price. Which is definitely good for long term shareholders and not so for short-term speculators/short sellers. Anyways, I think the 21m share repurchase should be put into context.

In fiscal 2014, Fairfax Financial Holdings Limited and other institutional investors invested in the Com-pany through a $1.25 billion private placement of the Debentures. Interest on the Debentures is paya-ble quarterly in arrears at a rate of 6% per annum. The Debentures have a term of seven years and each $1,000 of Debentures are convertible at any time into 100 common shares of the Company for a total of 125 million common shares at a price of $10.00 per share for all Debentures, subject to ad-justments.

So BBRY is buying (and cancelling) 21m shares but will have to issue 125m common shares if Fairfax & Co. decides to convert the Debentures into shares?

Back to video. Yeah, body talks 1:39+. But it is not only about Google: 1:09+, 3:08+ and 5:21+ may be also notable.

Your (daily) short volumes chart is quite interesting and important short sellers can affect the stock price significantly; definitely not only in these (pre-earnings) days. I have already found the chart source. Thanks for the chart.
    Nice reply R-I-M. (I see what you did there).

There are super investors here that will gladly answer your stock questions.

Yes, the video tells a lot; at least to me. Thanks for the timing plots for the gang to follow.

The charts are under dailytradingvolumes.com as you alluded to. I crop them down as much as possible so that the super geeks (me incl. ) can better see them when browsing with their mobile devices.
    Some here like me can't see tweets, some charts, or pics often because of the fore mentioned.

Cheers!
    12-13-15 01:50 PM
    Android privacy.

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares]-1450040043846_049017.jpeg

12-13-15 02:56 PM
    Android privacy.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1450040043846_049017.jpeg 
Views:	2804 
Size:	22.8 KB 
ID:	384278

Is that a Privy?? Lol.

you've been made privy to my thoughts.
    12-13-15 03:32 PM
    Android privacy.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1450040043846_049017.jpeg 
Views:	2804 
Size:	22.8 KB 
ID:	384278

That's one place to definitely use a protector like DTEK!
    12-13-15 04:15 PM
    That's one place to definitely use a protector like DTEK!
    This one is worth a repost!!!!!! I almost fell off my chair! Lol

Posted via my BlackBerry Passport
    bungaboy and 3MIKE like this.
    12-13-15 04:41 PM
    Looks like BlackBerry putting some name out.

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares]-img_20151213_172510_edit.jpg

12-13-15 05:28 PM
    My TA predictions for Friday is that BBRY will either Gap Up into upper channel or Gap Down into lower channel.
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares]-gaps.png
    lech31 likes this.
    12-13-15 05:42 PM
    @ Heinz Ketchup:

So you are saying that the stock will either go up or go down?
    You should become an analyst! I think you would qualify for Goldman Sachs! ;-)
    12-13-15 06:02 PM
    No, he failed because he didn`t predict that it could go sideways!
    Heinz Katchup and CDM76 like this.
    12-13-15 07:06 PM
    CBS 60 Minutes aired a segment on Lewis Hamilton tonight:
    Lewis Hamilton - CBS News

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares]-12357338_1680244965591333_679021649_n.jpg
    Last edited by Corbu; 12-13-15 at 10:08 PM.
    12-13-15 09:33 PM
    While on the subject of 60 Minutes, from last week's episode:
    Hands off the Wheel - CBS News
    3MIKE, rarsen, Mr BBRY and 2 others like this.
    12-13-15 09:49 PM

BlackBerry ‏@BlackBerry
    Thanks @MariaSharapova for visiting the #BlackBerry #PRIV booth during #MariaAndFriends charity tennis event
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares]-cwjwdo0weaawlhs.jpg
    12-13-15 10:01 PM
    I wanted to order a Priv from Amazon... I finally decided to sell/retire my Passport and I discovered that the Price for the BlackBerry Priv went up? It shows $799!! Could someone please tell me if this is the "official" link?

Amazon.com: Priv Blackberry Unlocked Smartphone - Black (U.S. Warranty): Cell Phones & Accessories

Or is this a third party seller? I would like to order from Amazon because I've heard not so good things about the BlackBerry delivery service... but an extra hundred bucks? In this case I rather buy it from Walmart even though I try to avoid this store....

Thanks
    12-13-15 10:21 PM
    I wanted to order a Priv from Amazon... I finally decided to sell/retire my Passport and I discovered that the Price for the BlackBerry Priv went up? It shows $799!! Could someone please tell me if this is the "official" link?

Amazon.com: Priv Blackberry Unlocked Smartphone - Black (U.S. Warranty): Cell Phones & Accessories

Or is this a third party seller? I would like to order from Amazon because I've heard not so good things about the BlackBerry delivery service... but an extra hundred bucks? In this case I rather buy it from Walmart even though I try to avoid this store....

Thanks
    Sorry,... it's back to $699??? Either it was a problem with my PC.... or I don't know... weird... well time to order :-)
    CDM76, Superfly_FR, 3MIKE and 2 others like this.
    12-13-15 10:23 PM
    weird, I see it at 799$

Posted with a BlackBerry Priv.
    12-13-15 10:59 PM
    I'm happy that BlackBerry has finally understood the important of marketing once again and doing so in full force. The sad thing to me is its ONLY about the Priv. Period. Not further efforts beyond their internet internet channels (inside, help and business blogs), or internal main website sub sites, is being done.

It's very sad, almost like their trying to milk the BB10 faithful to continue purchases like the Passport SE which I've finally saw the first time on the TTC subway heading West by some dude playing need for Speed lol during rush hour Friday night (well around 6/7)!

Now the sponsor ans support with Maria Sharipova has an app that is IOS and Android ONLY; but yet she claims to love the brand and the product for years - well last I checked iOS is not owned nor made in anyway by BlackBerry nor Android beyond 30 days ago.

So after December 18th - say 5 days, then we're going to be back to single digit numbers. Only those trading beyond 5 digit numbers in share volume will have a significant profit. So what will this really gain for us and the company? What other news, deals, restructuring plans will benefit the company beyond this quarter?!

That I think is the key aspect we're all very much kissing. BlackBerry need to make big strides in varying numbers of news across and in between quarterly announcements in the public eye in order to affect the stock.

вιaсĸвεггч Z30 via CB10 (Z30STA100-5/10.3.2.2639) ‎Bell Mobility on BES12
    12-13-15 11:33 PM
    Wow. You lost me a couple of times there. But I think I understand what you're saying. I think. LoL

Posted via CB10
    12-14-15 01:09 AM
105,501 ... 37283729373037313732 ...