View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    This should make it easier to purchase for the holidays! I'd also assume demand is strong if have the world's largest retailer jumping on board. In addition, I'd also assume they've been able to ramp up production significantly if they are now carrying these in EVERY walmart in the US. We may have a pleasant surprise come this next ER!

BBM Channel: C002165D3 Tour 9630 > Bold 9650 > Q10 > Playbook > Classic AND Passport SE!!!
    Upon further review, it appears these are not actually in the store (at least in my area, based on zip code). Walmart is giving the option to purchase online and pickup in store, with an expected arrival date of Dec 17th, at this time

Either way, it's still good to have another distributor on board! We haven't had this type of support in some time! I'll take it!

BBM Channel: C002165D3 Tour 9630 > Bold 9650 > Q10 > Playbook > Classic AND Passport SE!!!
    Corbu, 3MIKE, lech31 and 13 others like this.
    12-09-15 04:26 PM
    Uh oh....down to $7.21 after hours.....on....

about 50 shares. :P

Let's see a reversal back to $7.63 tomorrow!
    Mr BBRY, Shanerredflag and 3MIKE like this.
    12-09-15 07:19 PM
    Musical interlude time gentlemen.

Book mark this one ...she's a keeper

you've been made privy to my thoughts.
    3MIKE, Corbu, cjcampbell and 5 others like this.
    12-09-15 08:33 PM
    BBM stickers contest #2.

http://blogs.blackberry.com/2015/12/...our-potential/

Posted via my BlackBerry Passport
    Corbu, 3MIKE, rarsen and 2 others like this.
    12-09-15 09:23 PM
    I am sure everybody here already knows but thought this was a good story on global news BC.  http://globalnews.ca/news/2391430/po...-and-security/

Posted via CB10
    Corbu, cjcampbell, 3MIKE and 5 others like this.
    12-09-15 09:59 PM
    Auto Makers Losing Battle for Dashboard Apps - WSJ

Hyundai gives up building its own software; CarPlay, Android Auto gain new support

After several years of building its own software to connect mobile apps in its cars, Hyundai Motor Co. is throwing in the towel, becoming the first global auto maker to embrace software from potential rivals Apple Inc. and Alphabet Inc.�s Google.

It may not be the last, according to drivers and industry researchers. New car buyers are asking for vehicles that have Apple�s CarPlay and Alphabet�s Android Auto, which control the dashboard displays now providing drivers with information and entertainment�and perhaps future revenue from purchases.

CarPlay and Android Auto only recently have been installed by auto makers, but could be in 80% of new cars sold by 2022, says researcher IHS. Autotrader.com, an auto website, says 44% of its customers surveyed would pay $1,499 more to get a car with CarPlay or Android Auto.

Tyler Theilken, 24 years old, of Springfield, Ill., recently installed Apple�s CarPlay in his Jeep Wrangler using an aftermarket Alpine Electronics Inc. system. Fiat Chrysler Automobiles NV, which owns the Jeep brand, offers its own rival �UConnect� system, and Mr. Theilken has used Ford Motor Co.�s rival Sync system.

�I don�t see how any in-car system could be better,� he said of CarPlay. �I think one day, those [auto maker systems] are going to be gone.�

Car makers are loath to give up the key information and entertainment links in their vehicles, hoping to turn dashboard technology into a reason for buying their vehicle and potentially to earn revenue by selling information and mobile connectivity.

As a result, many auto makers continue to spend big money working on their own systems, even as they increasingly offer links to Apple or Google�s systems alongside their own. General Motors Co. and Honda Motor Co., for instance, recently started installing CarPlay as an option in new vehicles, and both say the software is well received. Android Auto is coming soon for their newer models.

Jay Guzowski, a senior product manager at American Honda, said the company can�t give up on its own system, called HondaLink. �Not everybody has an Apple or Android phone or they aren�t interested in using that environment,� he said.

Other car makers, including top global seller Toyota Motor Corp., are largely avoiding Silicon Valley�s tech giants and rely exclusively on their own systems to maintain the most direct link with customers.

In part, Toyota and others say Apple and Google systems aren�t the right fit for every buyer. Not everyone owns a smartphone capable of linking to CarPlay or Android Auto, and the third-party systems can�t be used in every market.

In countries including China, the modified Android operating systems used in phones won�t work with Android Auto and Apple�s iPhone isn�t as widely used as it is in Europe and the U.S. In addition, the Apple and Android systems don�t typically link to the buttons on a car�s steering wheel, or function well in areas with poor mobile phone reception. The systems also don�t connect to the auto�s heating and air-conditioning.

Potentially handing troves of driver and driving-data to Apple or Google also presents red flags, and has ignited debate among auto executives.

�We are competing for mind-share inside the vehicle,� said Don Butler, Ford Motor�s director of connected vehicles. The Dearborn, Mich., company first released its Sync system, which runs apps, sends texts and receives messages through voice activation, in its 2008 model year cars.

Ford developed an open-source language for apps that it is trying to convince other auto makers to use so that car companies don�t have to each develop their own connection to popular online music services, such as Spotify and Pandora.

There is evidence auto makers face a tough sell to keep customers from defecting to rival systems. CarPlay and Android Auto�s voice recognition, which rely on cloud-based computing, can make retrieving driving directions, using phone functions or asking for music selections easier.

California research firm J.D. Power and Associates�s June survey of new car buyers found the greatest complaints involved vehicle connectivity systems. The auto makers� voice recognition and Bluetooth pairing were top concerns, it said.

�Over the last five years, a lot of these auto makers have spent a lot of blood, sweat and tears developing their own system, with their own brands and that�s threatened� because of customers preferring to use their Apple and Google smartphones, said Mark Boyadjis, senior automotive analyst with IHS Automotive.

Hyundai, which has a research and engineering center in Silicon Valley, agrees. �Basically what we�ve found is that it is very hard if not impossible to keep up with just the music apps that consumers want,� said Cason Grover, a manager in technology planning for Hyundai�s U.S. arm. �When you have got solutions like Android Auto and CarPlay, they can just go to them.�
    12-09-15 10:31 PM
    Such a pity...

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-12317830_1701678890048389_1992196933_n.jpg
    12-09-15 10:38 PM
    Please someone tell me I'm wrong or that my pattern recognition is way off.

The bottom line is the neckline of a tilted head and shoulders (preceding a downtrend)

And the top line is a double top (preceding another downtrend)

I know you're a pro at this cj correct me, I hope I'm wrong.

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-12787.jpg

Maybe the single malt is making me see doubles.
    12-09-15 11:14 PM
    Late night OT: biotechs

Hey M8 in regards to SPHS everyone on stocktwits seem to be fascinated by this Aspire deal? SPHS can make them buy 13M worth of shares, I don't get if that is in the open market or private deal but is this considered good for us? Or does it mean dilution in outstanding shares, also technically can't aspire just dump the shares once they forced to buy? Trying to see what other catalyst will rock this to $6+ thanks in advance!

Also XOMA making waves AH but don't see much info on that just a phizer deal dated Dec, 3 2015 :/

Posted via CB10
    3MIKE and Mr BBRY like this.
    12-10-15 03:03 AM
    Some good morning energy

3MIKE, rarsen, Mr BBRY and 2 others like this.
    12-10-15 03:03 AM
    Such a pity...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	12317830_1701678890048389_1992196933_n.jpg 
Views:	1117 
Size:	92.7 KB 
ID:	383778
    I liked everything about the picture except for her choice in fruit...

But once we hit USD$100, you can still invite her to the party.
    3MIKE, tinochiko, Mr BBRY and 5 others like this.
    12-10-15 04:40 AM
    Please someone tell me I'm wrong or that my pattern recognition is way off.

The bottom line is the neckline of a tilted head and shoulders (preceding a downtrend)

And the top line is a double top (preceding another downtrend)

I know you're a pro at this cj correct me, I hope I'm wrong.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	12787.jpg 
Views:	1187 
Size:	36.1 KB 
ID:	383779

Maybe the single malt is making me see doubles.
    I'm no pro, by any stretch of the imagination, but I don't see a head and shoulders nor a double top. What I see is consolidation as we made a lower high and, depending on today, a higher low. Yesterday we closed right on the 50-dma. If it holds today, we should, in theory, bounce around in a tightening range until next Friday's ER. Now if the overall market conditions would stabilize, the likelihood of following the consolidation pattern will be more favourable.
    12-10-15 07:22 AM
    checked out the Walmart site this morning and seen the Priv out of stock. Does anyone know if they had stock or its a default settings?

BlackBerry Unlocked Phones : Cell Phones - Walmart.com
    bungaboy, sidhuk and rarsen like this.
    12-10-15 07:23 AM
    Hey Gang,

Positive press in this morning's Financial Post. The article includes some educated guesses about handset sales this quarter and the Priv Launch. Eight more days to Quarterly Results!

BlackBerry Ltd?s Priv launch seems ?solid? as investors await initial sales figures | Financial Post
    12-10-15 07:44 AM
    Nice to see the Priv make an appearance in the French Canadian version of Bell's Christmas flyer...

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-montr-al-20151210-00526.jpg
    12-10-15 08:18 AM
    12-10-15 08:28 AM
    checked out the Walmart site this morning and seen the Priv out of stock. Does anyone know if they had stock or its a default settings?

BlackBerry Unlocked Phones : Cell Phones - Walmart.com
    AFAIK, they still have to fullfill the stock

Posted via CB10
    12-10-15 08:55 AM
    I liked everything about the picture except for her choice in fruit...

But once we hit USD$100, you can still invite her to the party.
    When we hit $100, she'll be rocking our fruit.
    bungaboy, Corbu and Superfly_FR like this.
    12-10-15 09:08 AM
    Late night OT: biotechs

Hey M8 in regards to SPHS everyone on stocktwits seem to be fascinated by this Aspire deal? SPHS can make them buy 13M worth of shares, I don't get if that is in the open market or private deal but is this considered good for us? Or does it mean dilution in outstanding shares, also technically can't aspire just dump the shares once they forced to buy? Trying to see what other catalyst will rock this to $6+ thanks in advance!

Also XOMA making waves AH but don't see much info on that just a phizer deal dated Dec, 3 2015 :/

Posted via CB10
    Hi slipstream89 !!

That is an interesting financing deal to be sure, SPHS sold 600,000 shares for $ 2.0 MM bucks (May / 2014) and they can apply for more sales when they choose for an additional $ 13 MM dollars worth of common stock. You don't see deals like this very often, or at least, they involve a warrant attachment that allows the holder of the warrant to exercise the paper for common stock at a pre-determined price. Nice work SPHS!

“The $2 million proceeds from this transaction will enable us to fund an investigator-sponsored proof of concept study in localized prostate cancer. The remaining $13 million available under the purchase agreement, if drawn down at the Company’s option, will be utilized to fund future development of PRX302 in BPH and localized prostate cancer as well as general corporate purposes.”

SPHS has roughly 13 more months to take them up on that deal. To answer your second question, those are newly issued shares and dilutive to the number of shares outstanding. They won't call on the financing until the stock is higher and that involves next steps for PR302, .... that's the news I'm waiting for.

Yes, Aspire can dump those shares but they won't be sold at todays' pricing, they will dump them at a much higher price, probably at least within your $ 6.00/shr plus range. Aspire gambled on getting lower cost per share financing from SPHS over that 30-month period and it looks as though they will receive fewer shares now.

I don't know what's going on with XOMA today, I haven't followed it that closely. I'm buying THLD as they have cash of over $ 1.60/shr in the bank. This is why I look for large cash reserves to offset bad results in biotech.

This is the BBRY thread so I have to mention something about BlackBerry. We needed to close above $ 7.67/shr to turn bullish again earlier this week and closed just under it at $ 7.64/shr. We proceeded to drop off the next day, and today, we dropped below the 50-dma for no apparent reason and without so much as a struggle to get down here. All of this on zero news so its little wonder that most investors cry foul and believe the market is manipulated. We haven't even tried to rally to the 50-dma ($ 7.41/shr and rising) which is a standard practice after MM's go head hunting for sell stops. The volume is poor for a breakdown as well. So you have to wonder how they brought it down again. I thought the Walmart news was particularly positive for the company as it signals to the world that BlackBerry can deliver on the number of unit sales potential out there and it is so easy to buy something unlocked at Walmart at the best price available today. I was wrong I guess. Let's get back to operating under true TA and not this manipulation on no news.
    12-10-15 09:24 AM
    Hey Gang,

Positive press in this morning's Financial Post. The article includes some educated guesses about handset sales this quarter and the Priv Launch. Eight more days to Quarterly Results!

BlackBerry Ltd?s Priv launch seems ?solid? as investors await initial sales figures | Financial Post
    I can't take an article seriously when the writer can't calculate the % increase from 800k to 900k. I stopped reading at this moment.

But I wiill say this, if hardware is up to 900k, then next Q results in March are going to be huge. And yes, this is only my opinion.
    12-10-15 09:25 AM
    I can't take an article seriously when the writer can't calculate the % increase from 800k to 900k. I stopped reading at this moment.

But I wiill say this, if hardware is up to 900k, then next Q results in March are going to be huge. And yes, this is only my opinion.
    Yeah. If sales drop 1.2 mil in a year, but go up 100 000 in one quarter, the next year, then somethings gone right.

'it all started with the  Priv...'
    12-10-15 09:32 AM
    I'm no pro, by any stretch of the imagination, but I don't see a head and shoulders nor a double top. What I see is consolidation as we made a lower high and, depending on today, a higher low. Yesterday we closed right on the 50-dma. If it holds today, we should, in theory, bounce around in a tightening range until next Friday's ER. Now if the overall market conditions would stabilize, the likelihood of following the consolidation pattern will be more favourable.
    Thanks cj, I see I was having a bad dream yesterday. I'm feeling a lot better now.
    12-10-15 09:51 AM
    Here's a quick chart to show us where we have been over the past few weeks:

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-bb-dec-10-2015.png

We based out at a level that should have been oversold by now and have since bounced off that level to regain the 50-dma. The downtrend is our next target and it would be nice to close in the $ 7.50 plus area today. The volume is solid on the rally so there appears to be some support here. Not much else going on here, let's hope the general market holds up so we can rally back to a decent level prior to earnings.
    12-10-15 10:01 AM
    well, nice bounce-back from 7.3 to 7.50
    bungaboy likes this.
    12-10-15 10:11 AM
    All in all, even if maybe BlackBerry isn't selling them in great numbers, it seems that the perception among both the customers and the AT&T's reps is great:

http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=1053367

Posted via CB10
    12-10-15 10:19 AM
113,256 ... 37183719372037213722 ...