View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Sorry about that, I'm not going to lie, when it broke below $ 1.90 I was there to catch it. I'm inching my bid up and getting nothing for it. I just came to this thread and saw your message! Will we be seeing one of your 3-minute BBRY charts soon?
    OT,
    seems like we are the only one buying. some one sold me 97 shares. dont know how that happened. LOL
    12-04-15 12:58 PM
    Liked it more when they used BMW, Bentley and Mercedes for their concept vehicles.......
    I prefer they use common vehicles. Think of how many of the Bentleys, QNX can get in, vs how many Toyotas, QNX can get in.

Posted via CB10
    12-04-15 01:01 PM
    I just feel that with the ER so close, there will be a bit of a stalemate. I don't think there will be much in the way of tax loss selling till then either and that will wholly depend on the results. Time will tell i suppose.

Posted via CB10
    BBRY has been below $ 8.00 a share for 5 months now so tax loss selling has passed for it. I don't think the stock price reflects the Priv at all and its surprising that no information on how well the Priv is doing has come forth. But BlackBerry claims to be setting up for an official launch of the product this month and I believe the DOW will hit new highs as well so it isn't asking much for BBRY to regain its 200-dma soon. The MM's are really controlling the price lately, something we haven't seen with BBRY in a very long time. Two weeks to go for some defining news!

Back to watching SPHS paint dry.

Here is one of my charts on BBRY:

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-bb-dec-4-2015.png

Aside from the one day when we dropped hard to the 50-dma on a general market route, the stock has been making higher lows for a few weeks now. I see something of a 4 stage pennant formation completing with the next leg about to hit to the upside from here. It has to happen soon though.
    12-04-15 01:07 PM
    Well, I adjusted my bid and got filled so have at'r again.

Posted via CB10

Edit - and none too soon it seems lol
    Last edited by cjcampbell; 12-04-15 at 01:39 PM.
    12-04-15 01:10 PM
    One month with the BlackBerry PRIV: How I fell back in love with BlackBerry
    Rob Enderle

I�ve now carried the BlackBerry PRIV for a month and while, as with all new devices, there are things that could be done better I�m madly in love with this new phone but not for the reasons I thought I would be. What was really interesting is that I thought the keyboard would be the killer feature but I didn�t anticipate how much I�d changed since I last carried a BlackBerry and how much retraining I�d need to get back to where I�d been a decade ago.

Let�s talk about the BlackBerry PRIV this week.

Problems

With any brand new device there are going to be issues and I think most of mine have to do with the chipset that BlackBerry had to use. The timing of this phone had them use the Snapdragon 808 chipset which is a decent platform but doesn�t have a number of the enhancements the upcoming 820 chipset will have. So the phone sometimes feels slow, likely because the needed additional security that defines it pulls some performance and it also runs hot�both of which will be addressed with the newer chipset.

The big missing feature, particularly for a phone that differentiates on security, is some form of biometric access management (which should also be coming). Finally, there are redundant Google and BlackBerry messaging apps, but this last problem is an easy fix. You just pick one and don�t log into the other, otherwise all of your calendar and messaging notices are doubled, which is annoying. But just a note that suggests you don�t do that would fix this.

So while this is a decent first effort I expect the next version to be amazing.

Why I Love The PRIV

This is a BlackBerry with apps. For every other recent BlackBerry, the big problem was it just didn�t run the apps I needed to run. Now I have access to the entire Android ecosystem and I have the BlackBerry features I was missing. For Android in particular what was missing was decent security. I was constantly worried that the Android product I had was compromised because it was so incredibly vulnerable. I don�t have those concerns with the PRIV. Now, I�ll grant you this is as much about mindset and my trust for BlackBerry, but it is also because I�ve looked at the solution and it has an app that tests security that gives me peace of mind.

Now, here was the interesting thing about the keyboard. After around a decade of not using one regularly I found I didn�t use the mechanical keyboard at first, I fell back to using and silently cursing the screen keyboard. After forcing myself to use the keyboard again: Holy crap! My typing speed and�more importantly�my typical accuracy, significantly increased. Subjectively, I�m typing about 3x faster on the mechanical keyboard and I rarely miss-key, but on a screen keyboard I typically miss-key almost once per line. Why the hell we ever gave up mechanical keyboards is beyond me. This is one of those cases where the really stupid technology won.

The final thing is the smaller size. Don�t get me wrong, I initially had issues with moving from a monster phone down to one that is smaller but carrying that big phone was kind of a pain in that it tended to get caught on things (particularly airline seatbelts for some reason) and folks made fun of the size of my phone. Now I may eventually go back to a larger screen but it is actually kind of nice to not have this annoyance now.

Wrapping Up:

Like all first attempts the PRIV isn�t perfect but it is far better than most and it has been, and continues to be my favorite phone. If someone had asked me a few months ago if I�d ever thought a BlackBerry would be my favorite phone I would have said it was impossible, but this month it is and it clearly wasn�t. Of course part of this for me is also because not only does this phone run all the apps but it is pretty unique and everyone and their brother doesn�t have one. It is admittedly kind of fun to pop the keyboard and have folks get a WTF look on their faces. It reminds me a lot of using an iPod and an iPhone in the early years back when people said �Wow!� and didn�t yawn because everyone they knew had one too.

So, part of the reason I love this phone is I have one and you don�t. It turns out that I�m really not a �one size fits all� type of guy.
    12-04-15 01:10 PM
    12-04-15 02:45 PM
    Slightly off topic...

Curious what app or apps do most of you use to keep an eye on your stock positions. I've been trying out a few from the playstore but they are a little unstable on my passport and the native apps I have tried are a little lacking.

Sorry if it has already been discussed in the almost 93,000 posts (wow) I haven't been following since the beginning.

Thanks.

Posted via CB10
    12-04-15 03:02 PM
    Slightly off topic...

Curious what app or apps do most of you use to keep an eye on your stock positions. I've been trying out a few from the playstore but they are a little unstable on my passport and the native apps I have tried are a little lacking.

Sorry if it has already been discussed in the almost 93,000 posts (wow) I haven't been following since the beginning.

Thanks.

Posted via CB10
    I have access to Google play store from my passport and I am using "portfolio watcher" app. It is free. Works wonderfully.
    What works best is that I have yahoo stock Web pages saves as short cut in a folder for different stocks. Same for the banking logins. They all work great.

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-img_20151204_152706.png
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-img_20151204_152653.png

Posted Via blackberry passport.
    morganplus8, rarsen, Corbu and 5 others like this.
    12-04-15 03:27 PM
    HAPPY FRIDAY!!!! What a weird week. Again, some massive gainers amongst the down market. Then today, it bumps up 2%.... jeepers. Well, if was easy, we'd all be rich, sitting at a computer all day and nothing else would ever get done. lol.

I'm including 2 charts. One, is the 3 minute for the day. It basically tested support, then floated in consolidation. While the market rallied, we stayed flat but I guess there's no complaining as while the market dropped, BBRY gained so take it as a blessing.

The second is the 15 minute chart. I did draw 2 more lines taken from Morgan's pennant from his previous chart. Morgan, I made 1 slight change (I hope you don't mind ) and included the 2 days down at the 50-dma. I made the first plot back at the last time we were at $6. In this chart, you can see that once again, the resistance and support areas are in full force. You can also see the last couple of days have been a nice, well rounded slide and not a big drop or jump. If this "cup" continues, it could bode quite well. and push us right through $8 and on to $8.25 going into the ER.

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-screen-shot-2015-12-04-5.02.58-pm.pngThe BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-screen-shot-2015-12-04-4.50.12-pm.png
    12-04-15 04:03 PM
    Slightly off topic...

Thanks.

Posted via CB10
    I recently downloaded this app from SNAP (Google play store client). It works great and best of all, it's REAL-TIME.
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-img_20151204_161900.png

BBM Channel: C002165D3 Tour 9630 > Bold 9650 > Q10 > Playbook > Classic AND Passport SE!!!
    12-04-15 04:20 PM
    OT - Topic - TA. Man what a useful tool. First and foremost, thanks to M8 for introducing me to this wonderful world. It doesn't work 100%, obviously, but it's definitely worth the best on non manipulated stocks. I'll use 3 examples, all of which I've brought up in the last couple of weeks so maybe you all will have had a look at least once and have some familiarity. Of course, overall market conditions will influence this as well so one has to take that into account.

XON - I asked M8's opinion on this one. I liked what I saw but also noticed some patterns so held off for confirmation. Yesterday it broke down through the shorter term trend line with authority and boy was I glad I hadn't bought yet. Today it continued right down at open to "almost" the support I see and bounced. It didn't look back at that point and went from around 7% down, to over 4% up. Not a bad bounce. For the record, still not in this one.

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-screen-shot-2015-12-04-5.24.53-pm.png

GFF - I mentioned this a week or so ago as a possible trade as it cleared it's long term channel. Like BBRY, it had made a few attempts and kept being shoved back down to reload. This time, the RSI was below 50 as it made it's run and it pushed on through and hasn't looked back. I'm out of this one now and will reload when/if it comes back to test the 20-ema that is catching up quickly.

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-screen-shot-2015-12-04-5.29.55-pm.png

IDRA - I've been following this one for a couple of months now and have been in and out. I've been waiting for my opportunity and today presented itself but I was getting a bloody coffee!!! ARGH!! I was only looking for a trade as I still don't have confidence in moves out of the current trends but still would have been nice. Here's another that is having a hard time pressing through the resistance area. It spent the whole week trying to get above and stay above. Yesterday, it got pushed back and, like XON, it dropped right at open only to find the 20-ema trailing. It bounced and continued the rest of the day looking to tackle the downtrend.

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-screen-shot-2015-12-04-5.36.41-pm.png

With all that said, this is a fantastic way to see where stocks "might" go. At the very least, you can have some fun seeing what the market thinks of these things. When computers are in control of trading, these are the things they use to trigger buy and sell signals that thousands of people use.
    12-04-15 04:41 PM
    Nice. And BlackBerry should make a point to include a big banner that says "This one won't be hacked..."
    That would be an unfortunate choice since the Jeep that was hacked was actually running on QNX.

Not that the vulnerability was due to QNX as far as we know. Nor did QNX prevent it either. It's not magic.

I'm excited to see what they have to show in IoT.
    12-04-15 06:10 PM
    OT: Friday night, time to reflect . . .

12-04-15 06:19 PM
    That would be an unfortunate choice since the Jeep that was hacked was actually running on QNX.

Not that the vulnerability was due to QNX as far as we know. Nor did QNX prevent it either. It's not magic.

That is what I understand too, but to take it a step farther, QNX did only what was asked of it, which is why BlackBerry did not get fried over the issue.
    Now, had QNX been trusted with more, there most likely would not have been any bad news to speak of.

Here's to QNX running the show!

Cheers then.
    12-05-15 02:00 AM
    slipstream89 !!

Hope all is well with you?!

You are right, this one is not my thing as it has debt and a business model that is really hard to understand from a growth point of view. The upside potential is definitely there, they have scale, an evolutionary business sector and apparently good management. I think you nailed it, the guidance was not good and it came at a time when some funds could dump their positions in November and get out to take the trade off their books. That's what I think happened to this one. From a TA point of view, RSI is just at the oversold point as mentioned, today the volume has dried up, it is December now and soon we will see the market turn positive and the stock is close to completing a double bottom or a retest of its closing low for this cycle. You might buy some below $ 20.00 but you shouldn't look for much more weakness here. GL
    Hey Morgan! All is well, just haven't been too active on the forums due to time difference, trading is much more difficult in australia.

Thank you for your analysis, hoping aya.to will recover to pre Q earning soon but looks like they need to rebuild some trust. Good thing is analyst still love the stock all buy ratings and pretty high targets still. When does the books close for hedge funds for the year? Because you are right the volume has been dead for the last two weeks but noticing some decent buy blocks.

Excited about SPHS too, waiting for this to take off higher which I'm really hoping for soon as well, could use some nice Christmas gifts hell if this can pull off a kbio i might be buying a cottage beside you (one can wish haha)

Posted via CB10
    morganplus8 and rarsen like this.
    12-05-15 04:18 AM
    I recently downloaded this app from SNAP (Google play store client). It works great and best of all, it's REAL-TIME.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20151204_161900.png 
Views:	2077 
Size:	153.2 KB 
ID:	383085

BBM Channel: C002165D3 Tour 9630 > Bold 9650 > Q10 > Playbook > Classic AND Passport SE!!!
    Yes that's what I use too, REAL TIME for US stock. The only thing is you can't put the number of shares you bought in your portfolios. That's why I still use my Z30 with the same application were you are able to do it but again this time with only one portfolio!!
    I'm still looking for the perfect one, maybe with a price tag on it.
    ZayDub likes this.
    12-05-15 09:47 AM
    OT - Topic - TA. Man what a useful tool. First and foremost, thanks to M8 for introducing me to this wonderful world. It doesn't work 100%, obviously, but it's definitely worth the best on non manipulated stocks.
    Ditto that. Having followed the TA talk on this thread for so long now, I just picked up some leisure reading...

Technical Analysis of the Financial Markets: A Comprehensive Guide to Trading Methods and Applications (J. Murphy)
    ZayDub, rarsen, Corbu and 6 others like this.
    12-05-15 11:52 AM
    George Kesarios (S.A) seems to do it (bad) again, based on "Priv reviews".
    Not sure I want to link it.
    Once a huge supporter, now seems to embrace another cause ...

Have an awesome weekend gang !
    12-05-15 12:14 PM
    George Kesarios (S.A) seems to do it (bad) again, based on "Priv reviews".
    Not sure I want to link it.
    Once a huge supporter, now seems to embrace another cause ...

Have an awesome weekend gang !
    He is up and down more than a toilet seat!
    12-05-15 01:28 PM
    Since Priv released, my Q10 has started to feel inadequate to me. Small screen and (I recently moved to NYC) limited app selection (you can get a lot done with apps in NY - lot of restaurants, drycleaners, taxi, transit/trains have their apps - so you are constantly reminded you don't have that app).

I am still holding out for White/Red variant or employee deal (whichever occurs first). But I don't know how much longer I can wait. I had planned to wait until end of Jan but can I hold out for another 8 weeks? It seems unlikely now. I may end up getting Priv sooner rather than later.

Posted via CB10
    zlatno likes this.
    12-05-15 07:15 PM

It was entirely hacked through the CanBus...period....no magic. An engineering choice that had zero to do with the "infotainment" operating system.
    Nice try though....surprised no one else called you on it.

you've been made privy to my thoughts.
    12-05-15 09:22 PM
    It was entirely hacked through the CanBus...period....no magic. An engineering choice that had zero to do with the "infotainment" operating system.

You have a better way with words than I.
    About as subtle as a slap in the belly with a frozen tuna, I reckon.

Virtual suds to the crew!
    12-06-15 12:19 AM
    So that was the point I was trying to make. Someone suggested that BB should advertise their new QNX concept infotainment as making the vehicle impervious to attack. It probably doesn't do that.

I think some people have this idea that putting QNX into something makes that whole thing secure. I think we can agree that's actually not true.
    12-06-15 11:16 AM
    True....and apologies if I misunderstood.

12-06-15 12:44 PM
    So that was the point I was trying to make. Someone suggested that BB should advertise their new QNX concept infotainment as making the vehicle impervious to attack. It probably doesn't do that.

I think some people have this idea that putting QNX into something makes that whole thing secure. I think we can agree that's actually not true.
    All this has been talked about in previous post. Is there new information that we don't know about??

Posted via my BlackBerry Passport
    12-06-15 01:20 PM
113,256 ... 37133714371537163717 ...