View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    I still maintain that those 1,000,000 are Enterprise related with plenty of value-added fees.
    It would be great IF how yesterday they announced 1,000,000 sold to "partner" a day before the Samsung launch.
    Then today, the day of Samsung's announcement, BBRY tells us it was in fact... enterprise.

Wishing
    03-14-13 10:10 AM
    It would be great IF how yesterday they announced 1,000,000 sold to "partner" a day before the Samsung launch.
    Then today, the day of Samsung's announcement, BBRY tells us it was in fact... enterprise.

Wishing
    You read my mind! And based on yesterday... the news should come out at around 3:30pm.
    bungaboy likes this.
    03-14-13 10:14 AM
    How about sap?

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930
    bungaboy likes this.
    03-14-13 10:20 AM
    How about sap?
    How about The security firm Secusmart, the ones rolling out BB10 for the German Government, it looks like they personalize the phone in some way, I am sure they have a lot of other government contracts.
    03-14-13 10:24 AM
    61K employees worldwide according to wiki so that maybe a little too much for them.

How about sap?

03-14-13 10:28 AM
    61K employees worldwide according to wiki so that maybe a little too much for them.

16k z10's for each employee
    bungaboy and OMGitworks like this.
    03-14-13 10:30 AM
    well guys, I just bought another thousand shares, ironically i still haven't seen a z10 in person but i will come march 22. just remembe att is only pre ordering for personal users at this time. corporate and business will order starting march 22. i am sure you guys can do the math there.
    bungaboy and bigbbrybeliever like this.
    03-14-13 10:32 AM
    doubled at 15.84
    bungaboy likes this.
    03-14-13 10:33 AM
    well guys, I just bought another thousand shares, ironically i still haven't seen a z10 in person but i will come march 22. just remembe att is only pre ordering for personal users at this time. corporate and business will order starting march 22. i am sure you guys can do the math there.
    It's a sexy looking phone. That's why it won this:

BlackBerry Z10 claims Red Dot Award for Product Design 2013 | CrackBerry.com
    bungaboy likes this.
    03-14-13 10:35 AM
    This just in:

The partner that ordered 1MM phones was Wal-Mart. They have decided to take the future of retail sales to the next level by connecting their >1 million employees to each other around the world with the BlackBerry solution. As you know, Wal-Mart cares deeply about the efficiency and ubiquitous knowledge of their employees.

This time next month, you will be able to walk into Wal-mart anywhere in the world and ask for a price check on toilet paper and condoms anywhere Blackberry and their partners provide services.

03-14-13 10:39 AM
    This just in:

The partner that ordered 1MM phones was Wal-Mart. They have decided to take the future of retail sales to the next level by connecting their >1 million employees to each other around the world with the BlackBerry solution. As you know, Wal-Mart cares deeply about the efficiency and ubiquitous knowledge of their employees.

This time next month, you will be able to walk into Wal-mart anywhere in the world and ask for a price check on toilet paper and condoms anywhere Blackberry and their partners provide services.

Where is that in writing?
    03-14-13 10:44 AM
    Pure speculation.....
    03-14-13 10:46 AM
    Points taken and rightfully agree with you. The order size is to be expected given the huge US market and respective number of customers of each carriers.
    So I'm wondering if the order size is norm, why would AT&T allow this announcing just a business as usual order, assuming of course it could be confirmed later. It's almost like they forcing the hands of other carriers to do the same ( which favors BB of course.)

And why? Here's my theory. Because they want BB to succeed as well along with IOS , Android and Windows Phone. I've said it before, and I continue to believe that having more than a duopoly in the smartphone business is good for consumers and carriers. More choices means more competition thus more innovation. For carriers, they cannot be bullied around because there are other players in town.

Now if it was an enterprise order as M+8 suspects, then it is Great news indeed. Let's see how the story unfolds in a few days.
    In the US I think most consumers tend to stay with their current carrier. Any family plan member is tied to them by various contracts and different renewal cycles. They get you coming and going. Both AT&T and Verizon will have to sell millions of BB10 devices for it to be a US success. Each will order what they think they need. A 1M phone block order is impressive if it was one of them, but not dispositive of whether or not BB10 will be success. If it is a reload on the Z10 and taking some Q10's too, then its not a huge thing at all and should have been expected. If it is not a carrier as M+8 suspects them it is GREAT news. Here's hoping.
    OMGitworks likes this.
    03-14-13 10:47 AM
    On a stickie note in the condom Isle.

Posted via CB10
    cjcampbell and bungaboy like this.
    03-14-13 10:47 AM
    03-14-13 10:52 AM
    damn think i was a little early on the jump....oh well, just hold hold hold
    03-14-13 10:57 AM
    What market are you watching? Is it the TSX? Is there a 20 minute delay?
    03-14-13 11:00 AM
    TSX is at 15.87 You are in the green
    erodenero and Acumenight like this.
    03-14-13 11:03 AM
    Three of the biggest employers in the world are found in the US, according to BBC.
    US DOD - 3.2 million
    Walmart 2.1 million
    Macdonalds - 1.9 million

Now if it was not the carrier who did the 1million order yesterday as some of you have speculated ( I'm 50/50 between carrier and enterprise) and assuming it's a US customer , I find it hard to believe that Wally and Mickey would be arming all their employees with a Z10. That only leaves us with one logical choice doesn't it. I know there's been talk earlier about how different branches and sub-organizations of DoD do their procurement so this idea may have been debunked already. However given the recent state of cyber hacking news in the US and Obama's recent meeting with CEO's about the state of internet security it's hard not to speculate given Obama's love for his BB smartphone. Anyway, here's to hoping.
    List of largest employers - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Pure speculation.....
    zyben likes this.
    03-14-13 11:04 AM
    How about sap?

Like that idea.
    03-14-13 11:13 AM
    Three of the biggest employers in the world are found in the US, according to BBC.
    US DOD - 3.2 million
    Walmart 2.1 million
    Macdonalds - 1.9 million

Now if it was not the carrier who did the 1million order yesterday as some of you have speculated ( I'm 50/50 between carrier and enterprise) and assuming it's a US customer , I find it hard to believe that Wally and Mickey would be arming all their employees with a Z10. That only leaves us with one logical choice doesn't it. I know there's been talk earlier about how different branches and sub-organizations of DoD do their procurement so this idea may have been debunked already. However given the recent state of cyber hacking news in the US and Obama's recent meeting with CEO's about the state of internet security it's hard not to speculate given Obama's love for his BB smartphone. Anyway, here's to hoping.
    If it's the US DOD that's behind the 1M buy, I'm locking in my shares and burying the key!
    03-14-13 11:15 AM
    I like to fantasize too.

The Ferraris I would buy if the 1M Z10s is going to the US DoD.

The big order is definately from a carrier, but hey, who says dreaming is not allowed
    Pure speculation.....
    Purex . . . . . joke. LoL
    Shanerredflag likes this.
    US DOD - 3.2 million
    Walmart 2.1 million
    Macdonalds - 1.9 million

Walmart - Majority of their employees are the min wage to minimal wage and would not be a part of any company subsidized phones.
    MacDonalds - That number also includes all franchises which do not fall under any corporate governance for things like phones and again, majority of employees are low level.
    DoD - They have the volume but independant departmental budgets. Also, I don't think the Z10 would be through testing yet.

As for the meeting Obama had, since when did any government go from a meeting to action within a day?

I would love to believe, and it could very well be, that an individual enterprise entity purchased all those units but I just can't see it happening from a logical standpoint. If proven wrong, awesome!! Won't be the first time but would be one of the few times I'd be happy about it
    m0de25 and bungaboy like this.
    03-14-13 11:18 AM
    The big order is definately from a carrier, but hey, who says dreaming is not allowed
    I agree, but just in case it is enterprise related I liquidated some dead money stocks and put them on BBRY in anticipation of the 3:30 news.

That's it folks.... I don't have any more bullets to fire at this one. All I can do is play the swings now.
    bungaboy and Acumenight like this.
    03-14-13 11:21 AM
113,256 ... 368369370371372 ...