View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    BlackBerry Priv: 5 reasons why you need to buy it right now

BlackBerry Priv symbolises a spectacular return for BlackBerry ever since the first iPhones rolled out from Apple's stable in 2007. The company took too long to fathom touchscreens and big displays but with the Priv, it’s back in the reckoning.
    BlackBerry Priv combines the best of Android with its own enterprise software and security features | Mobile Choice
    11-16-15 11:38 AM
    Right, let's get back on tracks.

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-capture.png
    11-16-15 11:43 AM
    I fully agree. But even if you tamp down expectations it seems undeniable that the Priv is selling. In what quantities? Who knows?
    We have all learned to be careful regarding phone sales but this time it does feel good doesn't it? The market is holding up well, AAPL backed off, it clearly doesn't want to go above its 50-dma anytime soon. But the rest of the market looks stable so we just have to close above $ 7.42/shr today and we should be back on track for a new nominal high around $ 8.50/shr going into the launch. The World response to Paris has been very good indeed, everyone is united in their resolve.
    11-16-15 11:46 AM
    We have all learned to be careful regarding phone sales but this time it does feel good doesn't it? The market is holding up well, AAPL backed off, it clearly doesn't want to go above its 50-dma anytime soon. But the rest of the market looks stable so we just have to close above $ 7.42/shr today and we should be back on track for a new nominal high around $ 8.50/shr going into the launch. The World response to Paris has been very good indeed, everyone is united in their resolve.
    Hey Morgan, could you please elaborate on what launch you are referring to? I wasn't able to dig anything up.

Thanks in advance!

Posted via CB10
    11-16-15 11:54 AM

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture.PNG 
Views:	1498 
Size:	41.4 KB 
ID:	380845

When I watch BBRY today, in 2min candlesticks, I see 3 long ranges of minutes without any transaction. Bug? Drunk yet???

How to consider it?
    11-16-15 11:56 AM
    Hey Morgan, could you please elaborate on what launch you are referring to? I wasn't able to dig anything up.

Thanks in advance!

Posted via CB10
    Ha! I don't consider the phone to be launched until they sell phones in real time. This idea of launching on the 6th and then telling the world that the real date to get your product is the 24th doesn't cut it to me. The proper way to launch a product is to have it available for everyone to own, you read some reviews, go to the carrier, check it out, walk out the door with a phone. I think the results would have been a heck of a lot different for Chen and company if they could talk about phones rolling out from day one. So I expect to hear a great deal more out of them in a matter of days now. For me, the launch occurs on Nov 24th.
    11-16-15 12:08 PM
    11-16-15 12:19 PM
    12, 4, then ten minutes, without any transaction. I think it's the fist time I see that in that kind of BBRY graph... And no; I did count every drinks I had today (near 8PM here), and I can't be drunk

The overall volume seems to be quite usual... so... a lack of sellers?
    bungaboy, rarsen, sidhuk and 1 others like this.
    11-16-15 12:49 PM
    Ha! I don't consider the phone to be launched until they sell phones in real time. This idea of launching on the 6th and then telling the world that the real date to get your product is the 24th doesn't cut it to me. The proper way to launch a product is to have it available for everyone to own, you read some reviews, go to the carrier, check it out, walk out the door with a phone. I think the results would have been a heck of a lot different for Chen and company if they could talk about phones rolling out from day one. So I expect to hear a great deal more out of them in a matter of days now. For me, the launch occurs on Nov 24th.
    Ah, got it! I definitely also agree that it would be much different if they had a stronger start. From my understanding they were rushed as they were trying to launch this phone before holiday season.

Thanks as always Morgan! I lurk here all the time but never post.

Posted via CB10
    11-16-15 12:59 PM
    I agree Morgan. I have been thinking along the same lines. This definitely so far has felt like an extremely controlled launch. I obviously don't know why, but you could speculate it's due to quarterly spending concerns, carrier issues, manufacturing/software concerns, or possibly misjudgement of demand. Who knows. Or maybe this is somewhat of a soft launch trying to figure out what type of demand or reaction there is to the phone, plus solve any significant software concerns. Whatever the case is, we really haven't had any type of marketing/manufacturing push, so I agree that the 'launch' hasn't happened to date.

Really liking some of the recent reviews and the 'sold-out' buzz has been somewhat positive even if most people assume and probably rightly so that the supply wasn't that huge. I'm still quite bullish on the Priv. And I always qualify that by saying I know that most of the long-term growth drivers are going to likely come from software and future acquisitions, but still optimistic of near-term hardware growth. They need to commit and push for the next quarter or two though, which remains to be seen.
    11-16-15 01:44 PM
    12, 4, then ten minutes, without any transaction. I think it's the fist time I see that in that kind of BBRY graph... And no; I did count every drinks I had today (near 8PM here), and I can't be drunk

The overall volume seems to be quite usual... so... a lack of sellers?
    We are following AAPL, the stock popped in the morning and sold off, and now it is rallying again and right at its 50-dma. If its okay for AAPL to close above its 50-dma, it is more than okay for BBRY to resume its rally. As long as our sector isn't in the toilet, we are heading higher as we carry far better relative strength then AAPL does. Hope that makes sense. You don't need volume to go up once you find support at the 50-dma and confirm the trend as being up. We will go higher as AAPL improves.
    bungaboy, Mr BBRY, rarsen and 9 others like this.
    11-16-15 01:45 PM
    Should've had a physical keyboard. rofl

http://arstechnica.com/gadgets/2015/...ta-entry-fail/

Posted via CB10
    11-16-15 01:51 PM
    My two cents on the "delayed" shipping for the pre-orders, and subsequent push out for any new orders being entered.....

Seeing as they have stated, a few times now, that it's due to demand, I feel that the carriers are ordering more, faster than anticipated. Since they are selling more than the pre-orders had garnered, BB likely decided to appease their carrier partners ahead of the pre-order customers. Personally, this makes perfect sense as carrier relations have been strained as of late so giving them enough to sell and replace defective units seems like the logical choice. As for those customers that have been shafted, and there are many, I think BB should offer some sort of apology discount or some way to make up for the delay. I know people that put there money down on day one expecting a shipping notice on the 6th, yet today, the 16th, they get an email saying sorry for the delay but we're working on it. lol....
    11-16-15 03:27 PM
    When I watch BBRY today, in 2min candlesticks, I see 3 long ranges of minutes without any transaction. Bug? Drunk yet???

How to consider it?

Not sure which program you are using but sometimes they don't pull in the information correctly. When I switched to the one minute chart, I still don't see any zero volume minutes. A few low ones, like in 100-200 range, but none with no volume.
    11-16-15 03:33 PM
    My two cents on the "delayed" shipping for the pre-orders, and subsequent push out for any new orders being entered.....
    You forgot the "Polite Canucks" part! Therefore, your value has now been downgraded to one cent.
    11-16-15 03:40 PM

Name:	Capture.PNG 
Views:	1498 
Size:	41.4 KB 
ID:	380845
    Funny...Kia Research (troll posting FUD master) on Seeking Alpha says we are doomed...still...LOL.

Posted via CB10
    11-16-15 03:49 PM
    And for my third trick.... It's chart time, or at least my version thereof. haha

I'm including two today. The first is the 3 minute chart for the last two days. I haven't added any lines or intraday musings as the daily ones seemed to be plenty as they really show, quite well, how trends can come into play. Late Friday, the SP kissed the downtrend line we cleared the previous Friday and bounced off. You can also see clearly how the moving averages play an important role when trying to see where it might go. In BBRY's case, that 20-ema is a powerful tool.

Then second chart is my daily chart so show how those lines I mentioned come into play and where. Personally, and don't take this as anything more than some crazy person who knows not of what they speak, I expect the stock to be range bound for the coming weeks. I also see a potential for a big drop still. We have 20 trading days until the ER and history dictates that FUD will be thrown and thrown hard. Quite frankly, if it does drop, I will buy a substantial portion to actually hold through the ER.

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-screen-shot-2015-11-16-4.36.58-pm.png

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-screen-shot-2015-11-16-4.38.27-pm.png
    11-16-15 03:50 PM
    General information pertaining to BBRY from the Fairfax Financial Holdings files:

Tracking Prem Watsa's Fairfax Financial Holdings Portfolio - Q3 2015 Update - Fairfax Financial Holdings Ltd. (OTCMKTS:FRFHF) | Seeking Alpha

"BBRY is Watsa's largest position at 26.45% of the US long portfolio. The stake was first purchased in 2010 at around $50 for 2M shares. Since then, the position was aggressively built up to the current stake of almost 46.7M shares (~9% of the business). His cost-basis is around $17 and the stock currently trades at $7.22. There has only been very minor activity in the last seven quarters.

Note: In Q4 2013, Fairfax co-sponsored a cash-infusion of $1B through convertible debentures ($10 conversion price earning 6% interest) - they financed $500M of that transaction and the remaining was funded by a consortium of other investment funds - the implied dilution takes their ownership up to ~16.5% of the business."

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-john-vincent_origin.jpg
    11-16-15 04:04 PM
    Not sure which program you are using but sometimes they don't pull in the information correctly. When I switched to the one minute chart, I still don't see any zero volume minutes. A few low ones, like in 100-200 range, but none with no volume.
    It was on Google finance (it's not so easy from France to have a real time chart on US stock exchange :[ ) ... A bug?

Thanks

Posted via CB10
    11-16-15 04:20 PM
    General information pertaining to BBRY from the Fairfax Financial Holdings files:

Tracking Prem Watsa's Fairfax Financial Holdings Portfolio - Q3 2015 Update - Fairfax Financial Holdings Ltd. (OTCMKTS:FRFHF) | Seeking Alpha

"BBRY is Watsa's largest position at 26.45% of the US long portfolio. The stake was first purchased in 2010 at around $50 for 2M shares. Since then, the position was aggressively built up to the current stake of almost 46.7M shares (~9% of the business). His cost-basis is around $17 and the stock currently trades at $7.22. There has only been very minor activity in the last seven quarters.

Note: In Q4 2013, Fairfax co-sponsored a cash-infusion of $1B through convertible debentures ($10 conversion price earning 6% interest) - they financed $500M of that transaction and the remaining was funded by a consortium of other investment funds - the implied dilution takes their ownership up to ~16.5% of the business."

Name:	John-Vincent_origin.jpg 
Views:	925 
Size:	93.4 KB 
ID:	380863
    Man he's had a rough quarter.
    11-16-15 04:20 PM
    It was on Google finance (it's not so easy from France to have a real time chart on US stock exchange :[ ) ... A bug?

Thanks

Posted via CB10
    Try tradingview.com or freestockcharts.com
    11-16-15 04:21 PM
    Has this been posted yet?

11-16-15 05:05 PM

Seeing as they have stated, a few times now, that it's due to demand, I feel that the carriers are ordering more, faster than anticipated. Since they are selling more than the pre-orders had garnered, BB likely decided to appease their carrier partners ahead of the pre-order customers. Personally, this makes perfect sense as carrier relations have been strained as of late so giving them enough to sell and replace defective units seems like the logical choice. As for those customers that have been shafted, and there are many, I think BB should offer some sort of apology discount or some way to make up for the delay. I know people that put there money down on day one expecting a shipping notice on the 6th, yet today, the 16th, they get an email saying sorry for the delay but we're working on it. lol....
    They sort of did by offering a free case and car charger for us who pre-ordered.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    bungaboy and sidhuk like this.
    11-16-15 05:05 PM
    I support BBRY and I buy shares... Portfolio Update!

(SWIR) Sierra Wireless up %16 today. Not sure why.
    3MIKE, rarsen, morganplus8 and 4 others like this.
    11-16-15 05:21 PM
    http://www.ctvnews.ca/sci-tech/how-t...logy-1.2661154

"That widespread use of encryption, which was previously restricted to more powerful desktop or server computers, is exactly what worries members of the intelligence and law enforcement communities. Some are now using the occasion of the Paris attacks to once again argue for restrictions on encryption, saying it hampers their ability to track and disrupt plots like this one."

Posted via CB10
    11-16-15 05:32 PM
113,256 ... 36883689369036913692 ...