View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Thank-you M+8 for the kind words regarding my chart. Means a heck of a lot coming form a man who makes serious bids when anticipating a BBRY uptrend. I was reminded of a chart you posted earlier before the recent uptrend BBRY experienced. In short you were saying BBRY was building price bases in which it was diving off. But at the time you said it looked set to move upwards this time around. You were bang on however short lived it was. Keep up the great work! Learning lots! Thank-you!

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-channel-cross.png
    11-15-15 01:26 PM
    Somewhat OT

Thinking of the Selfie craze, and ppl complaining about the Priv 2mp front camera

Well, I just realized something with my camera Passport this weekend, I'm sure all BlackBerry do it... pressing the volume up or down snaps a picture

So my daughter and I got some nice 13mp Passport selfies by looking at the camera lense and tapping the volume button

Admittedly, it took a couple tries to center us, but it got easier the more I took

So, like I said before, get a small mirror on the back of the phone or case and take some 13mp or in the case of Priv, 18mp selfies

...5mp selfies on other devices, lol, that's nothing compared to Priv's 18mp!

Good weekend all

Posted via CB10
    lech31, morganplus8, W Hoa and 6 others like this.
    11-15-15 01:55 PM
    Somewhat OT

Thinking of the Selfie craze, and ppl complaining about the Priv 2mp front camera

Well, I just realized something with my camera Passport this weekend, I'm sure all BlackBerry do it... pressing the volume up or down snaps a picture

So my daughter and I got some nice 13mp Passport selfies by looking at the camera lense and tapping the volume button

Admittedly, it took a couple tries to center us, but it got easier the more I took

So, like I said before, get a small mirror on the back of the phone or case and take some 13mp or in the case of Priv, 18mp selfies

...5mp selfies on other devices, lol, that's nothing compared to Priv's 18mp!

Good weekend all

Posted via CB10
    Alternatively use the spacebar instead, it does the same and makes it easier and gives you more reach

Posted via CB10
    Superfly_FR and 3MIKE like this.
    11-15-15 02:40 PM
    New Android Exploit Can Hack Your Phone From a Website

All a person has to do is use Chrome to visit a compromised website with the new exploit loaded in, and that's it. Smartphone attacked.

"The impressive thing about Guang's exploit is that it was one shot; most people these days have to exploit several vulnerabilities to get privileged access and load software without interaction,"

"As soon as the phone accessed the website the JavaScript v8 vulnerability in Chrome was used to install an arbitrary application (in this case a BMX Bike game) without any user interaction to demonstrate complete control of the phone."
    New Android Exploit Can Hack Your Phone From a Website | News & Opinion | PCMag.com
    11-15-15 02:40 PM
    Mercedes 1-2 at Brazilian GP!

11-15-15 05:53 PM
    11-15-15 06:38 PM
    OT...kinda. I was in a course all weekend (20 folks). I whip out my trusty daily driver Classic during breaks. First day, get a few stares, second day (today) we all were more comfortable with each other and one fellow asks "have you seen the new BlackBerry?". I said "that Android one?". "Yeah yeah" then half the room is engaged in the discussion...lol. Anyway...without exception, each and every person who currently used Android (about 2/3 of folks engaged in discussion)) knew about it and were excited by it.

Bodes well for sales me thinks.

Cheers and have a great evening.

Posted via CB10
    11-15-15 06:40 PM

edited by SF :
    Since the link you provided brings no additional content and may be confusing readers about the source of this review, please let me substitute the BerryIL reference
    YT page : https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCnJ...qo7W5qCTlrWMSg
    Last edited by Superfly_FR; 11-16-15 at 06:08 AM.
    11-15-15 07:12 PM
    https://www.blackberrycentral.com/ne...wo-weeks-priv/
    Two Weeks With The BlackBerry Priv
    DYLAN HABKIRK

F I N A L C O N C L U S I O N S

The first BlackBerry I used was an 8700, moving to the 8800, 9000, 9500, 9700, 9550, 9800, 9900, Z10, Q10, Z30, Passport, Passport SE. I've owned a lot of devices, and despite the initial issues, Priv is hands-down my favourite BlackBerry handset to date.

This is a device to marvel, and pulling it out in public will guarantee you at least 4 sets of eyes, and plenty of questions. I can't really compare it to the Passport awe that folks had when I'd show it off around launch - because people seem to not want to hand the device back this time around. Apps are the biggest selling point, security is a bonus, and the physical keyboard seems to seal the deal with users. For me, having a device that has kept my schedule productive has been most important. The Priv definitely shines in that division.

Did I ditch my Passport for the Priv? No way. I actually have a hard time leaving the Silver Edition to collect dust while I use the Priv - it keeps calling me back. Keyboard wise, I can't see myself being as efficient or fast as on the Passport, but that's because less finger travel means faster emails and BBMs. Otherwise, Android can't really compete in the multitasking department like BlackBerry 10 - and I'm sure that's another draw back for most. We'll have to see what BlackBerry can do, since other OEM's can't seem to even come close. Lack of Blend is probably one of my biggest beef's with Priv. I'm constantly at my desk throughout the day, and being able to access my device without having to touch it has become a learned habit that's hard to lose. Sure, Blend is coming for Priv, but that's still been inconveniencing for a BlackBerry 10 convert. I'm hoping that by March we see it introduced.

Keep in mind, the Priv has only been out for a week. Software will be updated, and most of the issues mentioned will likely be fixed in two months time. Expecting a perfect device would be unrealistic; I knew that going in. All devices from any company have their flaws, BlackBerry isn't exempt from that.

Overall, I'm in love. The Priv has (almost) all the things I'd ever need or want in a device. A good camera, superb screen, solid build, and all the BlackBerry goodies I truly need as a professional. Do I think you should buy a Priv? Totally. If you're in the market for a new device that has apps, keyboard options, and a strong focus on security - give it a try. After using it, it feels like there's no device like it.

Imagine having an Android phone that doesn't really conform to the average Android phone, but doesn't really feel 100% BlackBerry either. It's something in-between, and it's awesome.
    11-15-15 07:19 PM
    11-15-15 10:06 PM
    Very nice and detailed reviews! I am going to create another thread for these so everyone can see. Hopefully, we can get thread trending as right now - it seems like only threads where people are moaning and complaining about some minor issue or the other are trending! Basically, lot of BB10 users are using Android for the first time and then they are complaining about some issue that (technically) is an Android issue, not BlackBerry issue.
    11-15-15 10:58 PM
    11-16-15 05:15 AM

Comments are interesting too :

"Someone has removed the back on the Priv and it appears that a battery exchange is not difficult. In fact, in those terms it may be one of the easiest-to-service phones out right now."

"On Friday I asked the government Verizon account manager if we would ever get Privs, and she said we're going to Z30s as soon as they become of zero cost to the government."
    11-16-15 06:46 AM
    OT : Sorry for the abbreviations :

CANADA DATA: Sept mfg sales -1.5%, (-0.1% expected), vs Aug -0.6% ...

CANADA DATA: Sept mfg sales -1.5%, (-0.1% expected), vs Aug -0.6% (rev from -0.2%). Overall disappointing, led by autos (-10.3%), petroleum (-7.1%). Sls vol -1.6% vs Aug -0.4%, but Q3 +1.0% vs 2Q. New ordrs -2.8%, unfilled ordrs -0.7%. Inventories -0.4%. I/S 1.43 vs Aug 1.41. -- Frgn invstmt in Cdn sec'ties +C$3.3b in Sept vs Aug +C$5.8b. Cdn invsmt in frgn sec'ties -C$6.2b vs +C$8.7b.

Source Market News International (MNI) – A Deutsche B�rse company

16-novembre-2015 14:30:14

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Christophe Piquemal; 11-16-15 at 08:14 AM.
    11-16-15 07:38 AM
    And another very positive review:
    BlackBerry Priv in-depth Review | Mobile Choice
    rarsen, morganplus8, gedob and 6 others like this.
    11-16-15 07:56 AM
    T-Mobile CEO says BlackBerry 'on a comeback'.

"While we don't carry the Priv right now, we may have something to report soon," a T-Mobile spokeswoman said. "We are definitely talking with BlackBerry."

T-Mobile CEO says BlackBerry 'on a comeback' - CNET
    11-16-15 08:20 AM
    Ford sync positive review and at the 1:44 mark he even mentions that it is using BlackBerry

Corbu, morganplus8, sidhuk and 9 others like this.
    11-16-15 08:43 AM
    Got this email

http://view.b.blackberry.com/?j=ff00...77b76&cpid&r=0

Posted via my BlackBerry Passport
    11-16-15 08:51 AM
    Upcoming Dec. 19th Enterprise event by BlackBerry in Paris canceled due to recent events.
    Double pain.
    11-16-15 09:31 AM
    Upcoming Dec. 19th Enterprise event by BlackBerry in Paris canceled due to recent events.
    Double pain.
    Bad news... we do not have to surrender or to modify our lifes; if we do so, they win...
    11-16-15 10:08 AM
    11-16-15 10:26 AM
    Had a look at Amazon sales. Priv seems to be moving at about 1 every 2 minutes currently. I purposely over ordered to get the numbers remaining. Screen captures are ten minutes apart.

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-amazon.jpg

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-amazon2.jpg
    11-16-15 10:55 AM
    That was fast. All gone. 28 Priv in about 20 minutes.

Another poster wrote "It's will be in stock again on 21/11
    But you can place your order now"

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-amazon3.jpg
    Last edited by W Hoa; 11-16-15 at 11:28 AM.
    11-16-15 11:12 AM
    Had a look at Amazon sales. Priv seems to be moving at about 1 every 2 minutes currently. I purposely over ordered to get the numbers remaining. Screen captures are ten minutes apart.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	amazon.JPG 
Views:	740 
Size:	41.1 KB 
ID:	380835

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	amazon2.JPG 
Views:	737 
Size:	42.7 KB 
ID:	380836

I keep calm for now on Amazon sales.

Over users reviews, only two "verified purchase"...

Have to wait a little bit more. To be sure...

It was the same with Passport at the begining; and I was hoping for millions of new BB10 around the world... and...

Everything look better now with reviews, fora and so on. So I expect a lot of this phone; but I just do not want to wake up in a morning with that kind of deception I had when I saw that Passport sales weren't as good as I thought...
    rarsen, morganplus8, Corbu and 8 others like this.
    11-16-15 11:18 AM
    I keep calm for now on Amazon sales.
    I fully agree. But even if you tamp down expectations it seems undeniable that the Priv is selling. In what quantities? Who knows?
    11-16-15 11:23 AM
113,256 ... 36873688368936903691 ...