View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Shipping and channels weighting may be (also part of) the answer you're looking at.
    They may have stock in warehouse but not in distributors' hands.

BTW: anyone knows who is building this device ? Foxconn ?
    Perhaps it's just the case that the shops would only agree to take on limited stock. BlackBerry.com shouldn't run out for any reason, though. Who knows.

Posted via CB10
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    11-10-15 08:01 AM
    In the bloomberg vid Chen says QNX will ramp up as the cars using it ramp up and are sold. How many 2016 Fords with QNX have been sold since September. I think the December ER will be good, I think the March ER will confirm the turnaround, shake the shorts, and get the analysts fighting to up their PTs.
    11-10-15 08:02 AM
    As an active investor in BBRY you guys know that I want the phone/company to succeed. So the following comments are my true impressions of the phone. I have the -3 variant of the phone

+ Phone is gorgeous, love the design and the slider. It's definitely the nicest looking phone I've seen yet.
    + Hub is back! I missed it greatly since I switched to Android and it's the phone's greatest asset.
    + Call quality is phenomenal, I never liked the sound quality of my Android devices and missed it when I moved away from the Z30.
    + Camera! Omg. Freaking awesome. No lag that I can see, gorgeous pics.
    + Double tap to wake is great, I use it all the time now.
    - Keyboard is really sub-par considering it's coming from BlackBerry. It would be passable from another manufacturer but as a former BB user, it's not their best work. Yes, I understand the technical limitation of cramming the keyboard in such a small, tight space, but it doesn't change the fact that it's not the most comfortable keyboard to type on quickly.
    - Laggy! Coming from Samsung Galaxy S5 running CyanogenMod this phone feels much slower. Playing Fallout Shelter the game micro-freezes constantly.
    - Runs very warm. I can understand why, the thickness of the phone must bring the SoC chip close to the back of the phone but still very noticeable.
    - Having issues with my Moto 360 2015 connecting/disconnecting all the time. Android Wear keeps crashing, might not be BB related.
    - Battery life is not that great so far but could be just New Phone Syndrome.
    - Cell Signal is definitely inferior to the S5, In my basement the connection drops entirely where I have one bar on the S5. Not a huge issue since I have a Cell Signal Booster on a shopping list anyways (my old one doesn't do LTE)
    - Really disappointed with the fact that the carrier version doesn't do wireless charging, I have charge mats all over the house.

On a side note, I find myself using the on-screen keyboard a lot more than the PKB. This of course could change with time as it's a matter of getting used to the phone. I really hope I can find tempered glass screen protector for the PRIV but I suspect that could be a challenge due to the curvature of the screen. I don't think I can ever go back to a plastic screen protector as I always keep my phones naked.

Most of these issues can be resolved via software update and it's not enough for me to return the phone, but given the hype and how much I was looking forward to the phone, I can't help but to feel a little bit disappointed.

Final verdict: Keeping the phone for now, still helluva better than the Galaxy S5
    11-10-15 08:08 AM
    SPHS After hours this morning !!! 321% up
    11-10-15 08:12 AM
    HOLY CR*P!

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/sophir...132729036.html

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-sphs-1d-chart-11.10.15.png
    11-10-15 08:16 AM

Thanks!
    11-10-15 08:17 AM
    OT!!! SPHS!! Meets stage 3 targets

Thank you Morgan I am up 500% helps offset amaya today

Posted via CB10
    11-10-15 08:33 AM
    [sorry guys, out of thanks buttons, but you know, right ?]

There was a review I expected a lot and strangely, I missed it (dated the 6th).
    Al Sacco did it, pretty well (he's also planning an enterprise oriented one, to come) and positively.
    I liked the way he described it as a "Frankenstein-esque mash-up"

The much-anticipated BlackBerry PRIV, BlackBerry's first Android phone, is now available in the United States, and it's sure to rekindle some old flames for former BlackBerry lovers.

But is it a BlackBerry … or an Android phone? Fact is, PRIV is a Frankenstein-esque mash-up of both. However, BlackBerry loyalists will be pleased to learn that the unique new smartphone still very much feels like a genuine BlackBerry, thanks in no small part to the following four features
    P.S: Video in the article.
    4 old-school-BlackBerry features in the new PRIV | CIO
    11-10-15 08:54 AM
    Good ear SF

The girl either wasn't listening or was confused, but buddy was talking about Mobileye, an autonomous driver software company trading at 100x future outlook and she interjected with mobile iron, then it all got muffled and confused.

Why are the interviewers always so friggin brutal??? They never listen to answers, just always want to ask questions

I guess that's their job, ask the questions and let someone else understand the response.

Sure would be nice to hear an interview that's more like a conversation rather than 2 independent speakers talking.

Posted via CB10
    Hey, another catch...If you listen real closely and intently, Chen did say, "you are probably right on the Mobile Iron part,'. I think this is in reference to her jumping in comment regarding them being an acquisition target. The gentleman was first asking a question about Mobile Eye being an acquisition target, then the interviewer answered his own question about Mobile Eye being too expensive for BlackBerry and after the lady chimed in about Mobile Iron and disrupted the convo, Chen then stated what I quoted above.

BBM Channel: C002165D3 Tour 9630 > Bold 9650 > Q10 > Playbook > Classic AND Passport SE!!!
    11-10-15 08:58 AM
    Uhhh, what's going on? Did I miss something?

-3.20% so quickly wasn't what I expected for today.
    ZayDub likes this.
    11-10-15 09:02 AM
    Oops BBRY diving. Sun ting wong?

Posted via CB app on my BlackBerry Classic
    11-10-15 09:05 AM
    OT!!! SPHS!! Meets stage 3 targets

Thank you Morgan I am up 500% helps offset amaya today

Posted via CB10
    Here we go with the OT!!

Re: SPHS
    I wouldn't have known until I checked my phone for quotes this morning! Great news, I for one wanted the CEO to reconsider the $ 30 MM on that study and reduce it by $ 20 MM because it was really about an affirmation of data already out there. He stuck to his guns and even risked losing a NASDAQ listing but now he looks like a genius. He has preserved the listing, can get all the financing he needs for years now, and made shareholders rich. This is the tiniest of micro chip companies with a future. I hadn't talked about it because I didn't think anyone owned it so good for you guys! This one could be worth a bundle, I have to look at the data.

HALO is the victim of a run from $ 13.00 - $ 18.60 and no new info. They pushed out a study date in their webcast and shortened another. So the short-term is to correct for a couple of hours. I have to see how far back they want to retrace the stock price here, I'll buy more.

BBRY is backing up right now, we need some news to go with that launch on Friday Chen! I was speculating on the number of phones they might have produced and got my decimals wrong on my guess. I still wonder how many units they produced but SF really doesn't want our tying up space here on conjecture so I'll drop that topic and let Chen tell us one day. Let's put a bottom on this profit-taking this AM and get back to rallying.

My support is currently right where we are, at $ 7.80/shr:

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-bb-nov-10-2015.png

We could drop back into the $ 7.60's area briefly, but I still think we'll find support in here. Where is James Faucette with the return rates for the Priv?
    11-10-15 09:09 AM
    Morgan = SPHS = Some very very good bubbles for me and Michelle tonight!!

Thank you M+8
    11-10-15 09:26 AM
    I still wonder how many units they produced but SF really doesn't want our tying up space here on conjecture so I'll drop that topic and let Chen tell us one day
    Thanks, Morgan, I - sorry, WE - appreciate.
    But if you dare stepping out in "hostile territory" (jokin') I've been trying to find a way to estimate possible scenarios here : http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...l#post12064434

My post, there (Updated later, thanks to the gang, RE: Wistron), please, shall you (all) consider adding up to this .... hit the link above !
    Guessing numbers ... that's a funny exercise.
    I think they'll be very conservative for the first batch of devices ... but what's the first batch quantity ?

All the bellow should be estimated before we can play (for fun) ...
    Fill in, correct, estimate figures and calculations at will : THIS IS ONLY DRAFT !

1. What's the device cost (to build) ?
    Say they have (a) : +/- 48% gross margin
    Say the carrier margin is (b) : +/- xx %
    Starting with a rounded sale price @ $700
    We should find :
    (700 - (700 * b)) = gross price (d)
    d -( d * a) = device cost (e)

2. What's the distribution cost
    This one is tricky, bc several channels; direct (web), carriers, and VARs.
    Take a 5% out of my hat ?

3. What's the full target ?
    Say the target is 5 million in one year (that's not, that's with BB10 devices, but let's use it as an assumption).
    We're on the basis of 417,000 devices per month. But should we assume it's linear ?

4. What's the production delay
    How long between two batches of production ?
    [there goes the question : who is building this device ? Foxconn ?]
    What we've seen (AT&T) is a first batch with delivery planned the 6th, then delayed the 23rd.
    Say 3 weeks (plus shipping) ?

5. What's the risk V.S striving ?
    Say they have at least $2 Bil. in hands (again, rough (under) number bc we don't know many parameters).
    What's the max. inventory cost load they can reasonably assume ?
    It is, of course depending on their risk management strategy.
    As I write, latest statements by Chen (BB10) were particularly conservative.
    As an example :
    Say they have a device cost (e) around $200 : 200,000 device will cost $40Mil to build plus 2 Mil. distribution. Total : 42 $Mil. : conservative ?

6 (et seq) . What ... ?

Haha, I know, brains are heating ... but this may be a way to figure some possible scenarios (no way to nail a single one). Let's have fun !

Disclaimer : Everything above could be missing obviousness. collaborative work in progress !
    11-10-15 09:35 AM
    OT SPHS Morgan you think this is worth a hold for the long term? I missed the selling at 3.50 which would have made back all the money I borrowed +
    MasterMoe and sidhuk like this.
    11-10-15 09:50 AM
    Thanks, Morgan, I - sorry, WE - appreciate.
    But if you dare stepping out in "hostile territory" (jokin') I've been trying to find a way to estimate possible scenarios here : http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...l#post12064434

My post, there (Updated later, thanks to the gang, RE: Wistron), please, shall you (all) consider adding up to this .... hit the link above !
    You like punishment SF! I'll leave you to that thread, you have the best research but it isn't research that group is after! LOL

The stock looks like it has tested its lows successfully now, let's base out and begin to move up from here. There was a large sell order this morning and it appears to have ended 30 minutes ago. GL
    Corbu, OlympusMons, sidhuk and 5 others like this.
    11-10-15 09:54 AM
    OT SPHS Morgan you think this is worth a hold for the long term? I missed the selling at 3.50 which would have made back all the money I borrowed +

I'm wondering this as well. Whether to take advantage of this sudden increase and sell a portion of my shares. A 200% return is quite decent
    I think its also important to realize that the market cap is still only around $45 million and who knows where the stock price will be in a few months or years.
    Last edited by MasterMoe; 11-10-15 at 09:59 AM. Reason: Quote
    11-10-15 09:54 AM
    Also Morgan you stated its a tiny micro chip company, pbly got that confused with POET. SPHS makes a prostate drug.
    11-10-15 09:55 AM
    Hi Kris!!

I still haven't had a chance to read the details of their results yet. For that matter I haven't read the revised filing for HALO either so I need to do both. For SPHS, that one was like staring down the barrel of a loaded gun, the CEO was spending a ton of precious money on a study to verify what we already knew. At the time, it looked like a terrible mistake, now, he has created a real company with a product that will get traction. This one reminds me of ACAD, it was a dog because they studied the wrong size dosage, they cleared that up and the stock went to $ 50.00 in the years ahead. This is very similar, I would hang onto it until I hear from an analyst or review the data myself. Let those profit-take the stock down today and sit back and enjoy the fact that you own a real company with a strong asset now. I'm trying not to look at it for the balance of the day but that's hard to do. It's not the price today, its the data that counts. GL
    11-10-15 10:02 AM
    Also Morgan you stated its a tiny micro chip company, pbly got that confused with POET. SPHS makes a prostate drug.
    Nope, I type fast, I meant a Micro "Cap", not a Chip! LOL
    The sad thing is that I talk that way too, I'm multi-tasking, trying to close a real estate deal while following the market! Forgive me please .......
    Mr BBRY, sidhuk, rarsen and 2 others like this.
    11-10-15 10:05 AM
    Thanks Morgan it could have been one of those auto correct spelling things that we all have gotten bit by. I got a small report on my Questrade alert so reading the small blurb I saw this.

"We believe that a statistically significant improvement in International Prostate Symptom Score, if replicated in a second Phase 3 trial, may be sufficient for registration with the FDA," said Chief Operating Officer Allison Hulme."

So from that I gather they are doing a second Phase 3 trial and if all goes good then open market production? Good luck in house buying. I may just sell enuff shares today to go by my Priv
    11-10-15 10:12 AM
    Thanks Morgan it could have been one of those auto correct spelling things that we all have gotten bit by. I got a small report on my Questrade alert so reading the small blurb I saw this.

"We believe that a statistically significant improvement in International Prostate Symptom Score, if replicated in a second Phase 3 trial, may be sufficient for registration with the FDA," said Chief Operating Officer Allison Hulme."

So from that I gather they are doing a second Phase 3 trial and if all goes good then open market production? Good luck in house buying. I may just sell enuff shares today to go by my Priv
    In fact, that's likely what happened, I type fast and don't review my work until it is posted to the board in many cases. Yes, a second Phase III would be needed but there is so much strength in this data that the financing part will be easy. The stock is under pressure right now, its a large gain that no one saw coming to be sure. I'm a holder of the stock as I think it goes higher as weak hands finally exit. A second Phase III takes time but if this data is strong in the eyes of the FDA, they will fast track it and the stock will soar. I'm willing to wait here. Good luck!

Oh yeah, the land deal is for land at the lake, I turn profits into waterfront land for our future generations and to keep me from pouring it all into stock, my wife hates that.
    11-10-15 10:23 AM
    Oh yeah, the land deal is for land at the lake, I turn profits into waterfront land for our future generations and to keep me from pouring it all into stock, my wife hates that.
    Tell your wife to heed the words of the greatest mastermind of our generation .. Lex Luthor "Land, they are not making more of it"

My last OT bit of the day. I'm going to hold. Held for the last 3yrs, what is one more year.
    11-10-15 10:31 AM
    Posted via CB10
    11-10-15 10:50 AM
    why did we fell so bad today ?
    11-10-15 10:51 AM
113,256 ... 36723673367436753676 ...