View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Have a look at ICON in AH. HOLY P**P!!! (yes... I had to (*) p o o p as that word is actually moderated here)
    Sorry for the OT but this stock has traded over 10.6 mil shares already....crazy volume. Really liking the gains BBRY is showing today though!
    morganplus8, CDM76, rarsen and 1 others like this.
    11-06-15 10:24 AM

I like that part :

"We're responding to current — and prospective — BlackBerry users who need it all: choice, innovation, security, privacy and productivity."

Hope it means what I mean
    11-06-15 10:26 AM
    Officially launched in the U.S and the U.K. Friday, industry websites have been beaming out favorable reviews for the new Blackberry Priv. Thenextweb.com called it probably one of the best Android phones it has ever used and the U.K.'s Daily Mirror newspaper described it as "the comeback that gadget fans have been waiting for." Technology website AndroidCentral stated that "BlackBerry can make one hell of an Android phone."

BlackBerry ships its Android phone?is it a comeback?
    Then how can CNET, Engadget et all have it wrong? Aren't they the big boys? :P Good to see more unbiased reviews outside of Apple paid USA.
    11-06-15 10:31 AM
    I can't wipe this smile off my face ! Lol
    11-06-15 10:32 AM
    shipping date moved to 23rd . I am gonna take My Rogers Reservation instead. LOL it moved down today from 170s to 40s.
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-bb.jpg
    11-06-15 10:36 AM
    Trends :

https://www.google.com/trends/explor...tz=Etc%2FGMT-1

BlackBerry CEO plans more acquisitions as handset sales struggle - The Globe and Mail

"“We are still a $3-billion company and have over $3-billion in cash,” Chen said in an interview Friday with Bloomberg TV."

Sorry John, a 4.2 billion company!
    Good to see more unbiased reviews outside of Apple paid USA.
    Well said!
    sidhuk and OlympusMons like this.
    https://www.ibuildings.nl/blog/2015/...-private-files

I would love to see BlackBerry partnering with more companies to help them plug security holes, their knowledge is valuable they need to use it...
    CDM76 likes this.
    11-06-15 10:42 AM
    11-06-15 11:02 AM
    Short bit of JC on Fox:
    BlackBerry CEO Betting on Comeback with First Android | Fox Business

Check out what he says at the end...

We should learn more later this afternoon, I suspect.

Last edited by Corbu; 11-06-15 at 11:48 AM.
    11-06-15 11:03 AM
    Chen hinted that worst case handsets go under they still have the BB experience suite to sell. So i guess selling the experience suite may depend on phone success. Or, they sell it anyways and the Priv is there for the PKB market.
    11-06-15 11:15 AM
    Looks like Blackberry is in a giving mood, case & car charger.
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-priv.jpg
    11-06-15 11:18 AM
    11-06-15 11:22 AM
    Chen hinted that worst case handsets go under they still have the BB experience suite to sell. So i guess selling the experience suite may depend on phone success. Or, they sell it anyways and the Priv is there for the PKB market.
    Think they will sell it anyway...

PRIV might be a test bed for these Android Apps, once stable they can offer them to who ever they plan to offer them to.

Hasn't been clear if it would be suites that could be added to a BES subscription or if the would breakout individual apps for sale to consumers.

Sadly some of the PRIV reviewers like that the BlackBerry apps could be removed... and that you ended up with a pretty stock Android installation.
    ZayDub likes this.
    11-06-15 11:31 AM

Sadly some of the PRIV reviewers like that the BlackBerry apps could be removed... and that you ended up with a pretty stock Android installation.
    sometimes Just to write one line, one has to start with two extra lines to get in to the game. what are you so sad about DUNT DUNT DUNT? can you eleborate please?
    11-06-15 11:36 AM
    Good lord, I knew I should have saved up to purchase the PRIV. Do I bite and purchase a 24 month contract right away? It's tempting, it really is.
    sidhuk likes this.
    11-06-15 11:42 AM
    I'm moments away from doing my part to supporting our favorite brand. I love that I'm walking into a large AT&T retailer in my area and seeing this right in the front of the store. Today is a great day!

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-img_20151106_123758.jpg

Posted via BlackBerry Classic
    11-06-15 11:43 AM

PRIV might be a test bed for these Android Apps, once stable they can offer them to who ever they plan to offer them to.

Hasn't been clear if it would be suites that could be added to a BES subscription or if the would breakout individual apps for sale to consumers.

I'm not too concerned about the Experience Suite tbh. I think allowing users to remove certain apps from the PRIV was the correct move in terms of trying to attract Android users. I think the keyboard, battery, baseline security, and maybe camera/screen are the keys here in terms of differentiation. For some the apps will be a nice surprise or welcome addition, but remember for others who are Android purists and just want that keyboard, why not offer the option?

Quite pleased with BBRY today - seems like a solid market response to the device (almost 10 million volume right now). The reviews seem as good as we can expect for a BlackBerry device at this point in time (that gizmodo mode is just lol - not much else to say there). I guess ShopBlackBerry is already out of stock, I hope that they can get some sense of what demand is here and increase production as needed esp if any marketing ramps in the coming weeks as more carriers may get on board as well. Good start here, but very early in the game still.
    11-06-15 11:45 AM
    I'm moments away from doing my part to supporting our favorite brand. I love that I'm walking into a large AT&T retailer in my area and seeing this right in the front of the store. Today is a great day!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20151106_123758.jpg 
Views:	1161 
Size:	63.0 KB 
ID:	379251

Just curious, is the phone set up as a demo unit (ie. you have preset things you can check out) or is it a fully functional unit on wifi? Thanks
    11-06-15 11:47 AM
    Short bit of JC on Fox:
    BlackBerry CEO Betting on Comeback with First Android | Fox Business

Chexk out what he says at the end... ]
    So Mr. Chen says "range of products after this", what's he got up his sleeve?
    Corbu, Superfly_FR, rarsen and 2 others like this.
    11-06-15 11:51 AM
    Just curious, is the phone set up as a demo unit (ie. you have preset things you can check out) or is it a fully functional unit on wifi? Thanks
    It's fully functional with the retail preview screen running until you wake the device. 10 minutes of playing with the Priv and so far WOW! This phone is crazy fast and the camera and display will blow you away! I know it's early but my initial feel is that the pkb does not touch the Classic. Hopefully I get used to it, but overall a VERY impressive phone.

11-06-15 12:02 PM
    sometimes Just to write one line, one has to start with two extra lines to get in to the game. what are you so sad about DUNT DUNT DUNT? can you eleborate please?
    If reviewers like removing BlackBerry "bloatware", that doesn't bode well for Chen being able to turn around and sell it. HUB is one of the best featues on BB10, but Russell who did the AC review said
    I think it's a tough sell for folks who already have a workflow they tolerate. BlackBerry Hub has a lot of positive features to it if you want everything in one place organized the way BlackBerry thinks is best. I really dig it as a social aggregate, but as a Google Inbox user I'm probably never going to use Hub for email. The way Google organizes email as a ToDo list works for me in ways nothing else has ever worked.
    Too be honest though I fully expect the BlackBerry Experience suites to be solely a enterprise solution to future improve the separation of Personal and Work spaces.
    CDM76 and OlympusMons like this.
    11-06-15 12:03 PM
    I'm sooo tempted to get a PRIV, but gosh, I certainly do not need a 3rd cell phone lol. I just purchased the Classic and PP SE several months ago lol! But boy do I ever want a slider! That's almost like the 'No Compromises' phone IMO...great keyboard and 16:9 screen to run all common apps and access to Google Play store! I still wish BB10 had all these benefits

BBM Channel: C002165D3 Tour 9630 > Bold 9650 > Q10 > Playbook > Classic AND Passport SE!!!
    11-06-15 12:04 PM
    I'm sooo tempted to get a PRIV, but gosh, I certainly do not need a 3rd cell phone lol. I just purchased the Classic and PP SE several months ago lol! But boy do I ever want a slider! That's almost like the 'No Compromises' phone IMO...great keyboard and 16:9 screen to run all common apps and access to Google Play store! I still wish BB10 had all these benefits

BBM Channel: C002165D3 Tour 9630 > Bold 9650 > Q10 > Playbook > Classic AND Passport SE!!!
    Hey ZD, out of curiosity, which phone do you use as your daily driver? Classic or Passport? The only reason I ask is because I find myself feeling nostalgic typing away my last few messages on my Classic as I get ready to retire it for the Priv. I also have the Passport but I hardly touch it because the Classic is my sweet spot. The keyboard is perfect and the toolbelt completes it. I'm going to have a very hard time leaving this device, not to mention BB10.... Jeez, if they make me wait any longer, I might just leave without the Priv!.....

morganplus8 likes this.
    11-06-15 12:13 PM
113,256 ... 36623663366436653666 ...