View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Wow,shaking my head to the very uninformed. Two months back I made a lot of research and posted through a rebuttal that Samsung with KNOX2.x (they alone have this) has encryption and hardware level right down the chip set to the cou components JUST LIKE BlackBerry does at the same level of encryption and security. Why on earth do you think the two companies partnered?? Samsung Galaxy S6 lineup supports this along with KNOX2.X, why do you think BlackBerry partnered with them collaboration of KNOX within BES12?! Big deal BlackBerry uses a PIN* the methods differ for a checksum like system but the level of security is equal.

Posted via CB10
    Isn't an added benefit of the PIN to target Priv devices with immediate hot fixes?
    11-05-15 11:09 AM
    A couple of translations:

"This phone is <expletive> handsome in my first impression!"

"It will probably officially enter China in March 2016"

Presented to you by real phone - Passport
    It should have Marshmallow by then. Unless camera sensor tech gets better and a better sensor can fit in the very thin 5mm front slider screen piece, the only weak point now AND in the future may be the front facing camera (still TBD..just going by the 'rumour mill').

PPI is amazing. CPU is plenty fast. 2TB SD capability. Enormous battery considering the thinness of the back piece. Put those Edges to work with productivity features.

So what is the next Qualcomm processor...the 820? if that doesn't have heat issues like the 810 just throw that in this phone for Gen 2. This could be a lasting design. maybe they will put on a metal or glass or carbon fibre back piece in other versions.

Isn't the PKB a big win for chinese character typing?
    11-05-15 11:14 AM
    Attachment 379085

Some profit taking?
    Dunno but got 1k more shares of BB-CA at 10$ this morning !
    Mr BBRY likes this.
    11-05-15 11:17 AM
    https://cc.readytalk.com/cc/s/regist...d=rlqolo9q7n7l

Change is Good: How BlackBerry's Acquisition of Good Technology will Revolutionize Mobility Management

Please register for this meeting.

Meeting Description:

With the recently closed acquisition of Good Technology by BlackBerry, we are accelerating the transformation of the enterprise mobility industry driving more value, more innovation, and more security. By integrating the natural software synergies of Good and BlackBerry, customers will soon have access to the most comprehensive, secure and unified mobile platform and app ecosystem on the market, in addition to new innovations across the BlackBerry Enterprise portfolio. Learn more by attending this webinar event, followed by a live Q&A session.
    Thu, Nov 19, 2015 / 11:00 AM EST
    11-05-15 11:20 AM
    Attachment 379085

Some profit taking?
    Hitting resistance. In upwards channel. Time frame is Daily.

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-price-channel.png
    Last edited by Heinz Katchup; 11-05-15 at 02:50 PM.
    Superfly_FR, 3MIKE, rarsen and 1 others like this.
    11-05-15 11:29 AM
    OT: Kinda...Another coincidence? Is someone being set up as the new sheriff in town...

New Android adware hits thousands of apps, can't be removed | ZDNet
    So will the PRIV be impervious to this type of app, or because a user allows access will it be able to do this as well ?

While reading article I thought, great way to drive sales - create adware that is non-removable and require the user to buy a new device. I wouldn't put it past some companies.

Second thought : all this recent news about security issues with Android could go one of two ways for BlackBerry. People will say that Android isn't secure so BlackBerry isn't. Or BlackBerry is the only (followed closely by Samsung) secure Android available and these types of attacks don't happen on BlackBerry.

Thoughts ???

Posted via CB10
    Superfly_FR and rarsen like this.
    11-05-15 11:30 AM
    And Vint works at Google still, right?
    theRock1975 likes this.
    11-05-15 11:31 AM
    A couple of translations:

"This phone is <expletive> handsome in my first impression!"

"It will probably officially enter China in March 2016"

Presented to you by real phone - Passport

I think somewhere along the line with my poor translation he said , " this is a kick*&%&^*ss phone" ...lol
    Superfly_FR, Corbu, rarsen and 3 others like this.
    11-05-15 11:32 AM
    Can you quote the article for those of us without subscriptions ? Thanks

Posted via CB10
    11-05-15 11:32 AM

Cut down to exactly 30 seconds.... edited for TV spot maybe?
    11-05-15 11:44 AM

Hopefully. That's a good 30 second ad.
    La Emperor and CDM76 like this.
    11-05-15 11:54 AM
    Nice find Snaponsly. Just add the voice-over ...
    La Emperor likes this.
    11-05-15 11:54 AM
    So will the PRIV be impervious to this type of app, or because a user allows access will it be able to do this as well ?

While reading article I thought, great way to drive sales - create adware that is non-removable and require the user to buy a new device. I wouldn't put it past some companies.

Second thought : all this recent news about security issues with Android could go one of two ways for BlackBerry. People will say that Android isn't secure so BlackBerry isn't. Or BlackBerry is the only (followed closely by Samsung) secure Android available and these types of attacks don't happen on BlackBerry.

Thoughts ???

Posted via CB10
    From the article :
    It works like this: the user installs an app from a third-party store, and the app auto-roots gaining access to the entire phone's system -- an act alone that punches a hole in Android's security, opening up more ways for hackers to launch their attacks. Periodically from there, the app will serve ads, which generates money for the attacker.
    Still wonder why Priv is non rootable (i.e you cannot gain sys privilege ... oh, isn't that funny BTW) ?
    11-05-15 11:57 AM
    11-05-15 12:05 PM

Thoughts ???

Posted via CB10
    Or maaaaybe, this will spur the adoption of BB10 and the market will have a 'Come to Jesus' moment...or if Google realizes that even almighty BlackBerry can't solidify and secure their putrid OS, they be interested in acquiring BlackBerry and pushing BB10....pure speculation lol

BBM Channel: C002165D3 Tour 9630 > Bold 9650 > Q10 > Playbook > Classic AND Passport SE!!!
    3MIKE and Corbu like this.
    11-05-15 12:17 PM
    Yes he does.
    11-05-15 12:17 PM
    Can you quote the article for those of us without subscriptions ? Thanks
    Sure.

Internet Pioneer Vint Cerf Says Individuals Should Control Their Data

NEW YORK — Individuals deserve a clearer understanding of the data that companies are collecting from their digital, connected devices, said Vinton G. Cerf, Internet pioneer and Web evangelist for Alphabet Inc.’s Google.

“It should be required that the users control this information that we accumulate,” he said Wednesday during a cybersecurity lecture at New York University’s Tandon School of Engineering. “They should have the ability to say no, I don’t want this device because I don’t want to be forced into providing that information.”

“That probably means the fine print needs to be a lot clearer than it is today,” he added.

Mr. Cerf’s comments highlighted an ongoing debate that is gaining momentum as a growing number of connected devices, machines and objects, known as the Internet of Things, takes shape. As more devices connect to the Internet and collect data about users, who ultimately is in charge of it, and how are the data collection practices communicated to the public?

A potential challenge is figuring out how to limit data access to certain parties, in certain circumstances. A person may want a doctor to have access to his or her medical records during an emergency, but may not want that doctor to have continuous access to electronic health information. “You need to have this ability to grant ephemeral access to information,” Mr. Cerf said.

In a panel discussion following Mr. Cerf’s keynote, a group of Internet of Things researchers touted the public and commercial benefits of being able to access reams of user-generated data. But some on the panel, which included Mr. Cerf, Cornell Tech computer science professor Deborah Estrin and Tandon School professor Beth Simone Noveck, cautioned against making data available solely to private interests, an outcome that could restrict consumer privacy and hamper public research efforts.

“Ultimately and finally this is an issue about control,” said Ms. Noveck, who directs The Governance Lab at NYU. “This is about getting our own data back about ourselves.” She also stressed the importance of finding ways to share societal information collected by private companies – such as weather and temperature data – with government and researchers to more effectively address policy issues.
    3MIKE, rarsen, La Emperor and 3 others like this.
    11-05-15 12:18 PM

The music is just right, if you ask me.
    rarsen, 3MIKE, Superfly_FR and 2 others like this.
    11-05-15 12:28 PM
    BlackBerry promises monthly Android patches; can override carriers for critical hotfixes | ZDNet

BlackBerry, now an Android phone maker following the debut of its first phone running the software, said in a blog post that it was "critical" to fix Android flaws in a timely fashion. BlackBerry said that its Priv smartphone, bought through the company's store, will receive over-the-air updates when they are made available. The company added that in critical cases, when an Android flaw is being actively exploited by attackers, it will issue a "hotfix" which bypasses the need of a carrier's approval. Kleidermacher said BlackBerry customers could receive a fix as quickly as 24 hours after the company is notified, depending on the complexity of the flaw. "We will patch on BlackBerry directly, and we will ask our carrier partners to give us a rapid approval," he said. Carriers have long argued they need to test Android updates, and have often been criticized for being one of the biggest barriers in the way for security updates, and one of the prime reasons why Android has become fragmented with many software versions. This year alone, there have been multiple serious vulnerabilities in Android that have left hundreds of millions of users exposed to data theft, privacy invasions, and malware attacks.
    Corbu, Mr BBRY, 3MIKE and 10 others like this.
    11-05-15 12:31 PM
    BlackBerry can bypass carriers to deliver Android security fixes

... this could be [a big deal] if you regularly use your phone for work, especially if it's a personally-owned device. Many companies tend to pick iOS over Android when choosing smartphones, in part because they can't guarantee timely security updates. That shouldn't be an issue with the Priv, where you may be protected against attacks well before most of your Android-toting peers.
    Disclaimer From Engadget
    3MIKE, rarsen, kadakn01 and 3 others like this.
    11-05-15 12:46 PM
    OT: Kinda...Another coincidence? Is someone being set up as the new sheriff in town...

New Android adware hits thousands of apps, can't be removed | ZDNet
    So, having an un rootable device has its perks.
    Let's just hope BlackBerry truley aren't rootable

Posted via CB10
    CDM76 and Superfly_FR like this.
    11-05-15 12:58 PM

Thoughts ???

Posted via CB10
    I think BlackBerry just found the best spot to run their device ads... right in those maleware apps, let people know this wouldn't have happened if they had a priv!

Posted via CB10
    11-05-15 01:02 PM

Thoughts ???

Posted via CB10
    Knowing Security is their bread and butter, I tend to lean on the latter. With confidence.
    Corbu, 3MIKE, rarsen and 2 others like this.
    11-05-15 01:20 PM
    OT:

Isn't it ironic that Halozyme's symbol is HALO and they report positive news every day?

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/first...133000105.html
    Hey Morgan, I wanted in but missed my chance... what would be a good entry point at this time?

Thanks in advance

Posted via CB10
    11-05-15 01:40 PM
    11-05-15 03:34 PM
113,256 ... 36583659366036613662 ...