View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    While I agree that leaks can hurt BlackBerry's reputation, that didn't stop Crackberry from sharing other's exclusive leaks from twitter/blogs etc? So I don't really see where you're going with this.

Also, there's no reason why Crackberry should wait until 6 November before they can finally show some enthusiasm for PRIV. And protect the brand from unsubstantiated criticism.

Perhaps it's the whole set-up of Mobile Nations that is now causing a dilemma with BlackBerry going Android. If they have a seperate section (Crackberry) dedicated to one specific Android OEM... could that create a problem for Android Central, and perhaps its fund providers if these are Android OEM's? All speculation of course.

But you gotta wonder where in the process Crackberry lost its courage to defend what they once believed in. I'm reaching that point where all it takes is a simple BlackBerry fan blog, with a vision (but without politics interfering) , and I'm outta here! I'm sure every one will follow once Morgan is on board! LOL

Posted via CB10
    I understand your frustration _dimi_, I largely feel the same way about CB as a whole. But at the same time, I believe that SF and the moderators are doing a wonderful job of looking after the content of this thread. If CB wants me to look beyond this thread, they will have to clean up the endless amount of negative print. When I notice the threads are balanced and informative, I'll start to read them too. For now, I look at the main page once a week and the balance of my time is in this thread. The bottom line is that BlackBerry can fix all of this by getting their company to a place where the numbers are sound and the products speak for themselves. I believe that day is around the corner as we drop YoY comparisons in financial data and the core phones start to take some market share. GL
    11-01-15 01:46 PM
    Mercedes 1-2 at Mexican GP!

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-capture_20151101_154701.jpg
    3MIKE, bungaboy, sidhuk and 3 others like this.
    11-01-15 02:51 PM
    11-01-15 04:00 PM
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-img_20151101_165115.png

As I said. Some people will do anything to bad mouth BlackBerry. The damage that EVLEAKS tried to do.

Posted via CB10
    11-01-15 04:52 PM
    Respectively SF, we have been waiting almost 2 years . . .

http://forums.crackberry.com/general...dition-889377/
    Only 5 more days (or such) to go. I think we can handle that
    What I'd want to see is a long lasting "final bouquet" (I'm refering to fireworks, not sure that's the proper experession, correct me), lasting several days, with sharp reviews on all sides, from the HW to the deepest hidden feature. And I know a couple of guys here at CB (and friends) that are very capable of that. Details, howto's, advices, best combos, interactions with wearables ... MoNA full force on the Priv.
    Ignore trolls, that's so BI ("Before Iphone", just learned that, had to place it somewhere lol), demo the goodness and enjoy. Prove them wrong with facts, usage and competitive advantages.

I wish I was black an can sing the blues ...
    11-01-15 04:55 PM
    Well, this isn't the blues, SF - jazz, rather - but you should enjoy that bit from 0:20 on...

11-01-15 06:04 PM
    5 reasons why the BlackBerry Priv is the comeback king

"The BlackBerry Priv will soon be in our hands but I already want one. And you should too. It's an expensive handset – around US$700 – and although it might seem destined to be a niche success, here are five reasons why the BlackBerry Priv is going to be a comeback king. And why you're going to want one. . . . "

https://www.androidpit.com/5-reasons...lackberry-priv
    sidhuk, Corbu, rarsen and 12 others like this.
    11-01-15 06:10 PM
    Nice of DHabkirk to call @evleaks out. Those guys should be called out more often. Make them accountable.

C003F4547 makes a valiant effort at singling trolls out but getting back directly to them is even better.

Well done DH!
    bungaboy, rarsen, sidhuk and 8 others like this.
    11-01-15 06:37 PM
    11-01-15 06:55 PM
    Well, this isn't the blues, SF - jazz, rather - but you should enjoy that bit from 0:20 on...
    Rufus ... stokes 1/2 god.
    but if you want the blues ...

That'll be my lullaby tonight (not suggesting we get in bed together )
    Corbu, 3MIKE, bungaboy and 4 others like this.
    11-01-15 07:17 PM
    OT:
    Valeant Short Seller Dials Back Warning of Bombshell Report on Monday - WSJ

A short seller attacking Valeant Pharmaceuticals International Inc. has pulled back on hints that he would unleash new bombshell revelations Monday about the drug company.

Andrew Left, who heads short-selling research firm Citron Research, on Sunday in an interview with The Wall Street Journal said investors shouldn’t “expect anything earth-shattering” when he issues a new report on Canada’s Valeant on Monday. He said he plans to update his view of the company, including with comments about the company’s “corporate culture.” Short sellers wager against stocks.

Mr. Left had tweeted Friday that he planned a new report on Valeant on Monday, following his Oct. 21 report that accused the company of using specialty pharmacies for “phantom sales” to inflate its financial results. In the tweet Friday, he said Citron would “update full story,” adding: “Dirtier than anyone has reported!!”

On Sunday, Mr. Left said didn’t have plans for further major allegations against Valeant, after having consulted with lawyers. His lawyers asked him how sure he was about what he had in mind to publish, on a scale of one to 10, and he was only at “eight,” he said. Mr. Left stressed he stood by his initial allegations.

His lawyers have advised him to “let the story evolve,” Mr. Left said.

Valeant defended its accounting in an Oct. 26 investor call while saying that it was establishing a board committee to look at allegations surrounding its relationship with specialty pharmacy Philidor Rx Services LLC.

In a statement Sunday, Valeant called Mr. Left’s claims “sensational” and “false and misleading,” and said it was “confident in our compliance with applicable accounting rules, regulations and laws.” The company reiterated its previous comments that Mr. Left’s statements were an attempt to drive down Valeant’s stock price, and that it has asked the Securities and Exchange Commission to investigate Mr. Left and Citron.

Mr. Left’s tweet late morning Friday came as hedge-fund manager William Ackman, a major Valeant shareholder, was conducting a nearly four-hour conference call with investors in defense of the stock.

Valeant shares ended Friday down 16%. The company has now lost 47% of its value in the past two weeks, since Valeant discussed its relationship with specialty pharmacy Philidor, which it hadn’t previously detailed.

Valeant’s relationship with Philidor has come under scrutiny in part due to what former employees and pharmacy industry officials called the pharmacy’s unorthodox tactics to ensure that pharmacy-benefit managers pay for Valeant’s often high-price drugs, rather than lower-cost alternatives preferred by insurers. Valeant on Friday severed its ties with Philidor after major pharmacy-benefit managers said they would stop doing business with Philidor. Philidor, which Valeant said would shut down, declined to comment Sunday.

Earlier, Philidor said it “is the patient’s advocate in seeking to ensure that they receive the medication that was prescribed by their doctor at the lowest possible cost to them.”
    11-01-15 09:44 PM
    Guess what. Almost same weight and screen size as iphone but much shorter than iphone and has keyboard.
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-img_20151101_220518.jpg

Posted via CB10
    11-01-15 10:08 PM
    Time for my #upstream fix !
    Grab this for your breakfast
    BerryFlow Upstream Podcast - Heart | CrackBerry.com

Ready for the most exciting week of the year ?
    Warm up your fingers, take your pills if you're subject to uncontrolled blood pressure, revise the "I'll bite my tongue (twice) before throwing flames" (because I want to sleep a little), be nice, be sport, be enthusiast, be serious still ... Let's have FUN !!!
    smart548, ibpluto, Corbu and 12 others like this.
    11-02-15 03:31 AM
    Time for my #upstream fix !
    Grab this for your breakfast
    BerryFlow Upstream Podcast - Heart | CrackBerry.com

Ready for the most exciting week of the year ?
    Warm up your fingers, take your pills if you're subject to uncontrolled blood pressure, revise the "I'll bite my tongue (twice) before throwing flames" (because I want to sleep a little), be nice, be sport, be enthusiast, be serious still ... Let's have FUN !!!
    Yessir!

Posted via CB10
    11-02-15 04:17 AM
    What would a BlackBerry event be without our friend's take on it?

Morgan Stanley

James E Faucette

November 1, 2015

BlackBerry Ltd

Pre-launch Priv Awareness Low; Optionality in Reducing Device Spend

Checks and search trends indicate low Priv awareness ahead of launch. Absent a notable acceleration, potential cost savings through shutting down the device business look increasingly attractive.

Current search trends for the Priv are not promising. Looking at Google Trends, search traffic for the Priv post-product announcement is currently trailing that of the Passport, Q10 and Z10 (See Exhibit). We would expect search volume for the Priv to continue rising through the launch date (as demonstrated by previous handset launches) , but we think awareness must significantly increase if BlackBerry is to reach its break even target of 5mm units annually. Further, conversations with channel contacts indicate that inquiry activity is low. We estimate that BlackBerry will need to sell roughly 1.25mm Privs over a year (or >300k quarterly on top of the current total device sell-through of 800k) to achieve break even, assuming the decay in sales of other handset models remains relatively stable. We also note that the Priv is currently priced at the premium tier ($699); if management needs to discount to spur demand Priv unit volumes would need to be much higher.

Contemplating options for the hardware business. While management plans to take another 6 - 9 months to make a determination, we believe failure to achieve break even in the coming product cycle could result in spinning off, selling or shutting down the hardware business entirely. If the hardware business were discontinued, we think management would be able to save roughly $300mm in opex, most notably within R&D ($641mm FY15). Our estimate does not contemplate one-time costs related to severance and shutting down facilities.

Remain EW on cash balance and flexibility, but updated data points add risk to view. Our $7 PT is 4-5x our forecast for a ~$575mm/yr software and messaging business and ~$2.50/share in net cash (post AtHoc and Good acquisitions). In our view, the flexibility of the balance sheet, the opportunity to cut costs further both in the core business and acquired assets, and the ability to generate cash at reduced revenue levels outweighs poor business fundamentals for the time being, leaving us EW. However, the lack of organic software growth and the continued willingness to give runway to the hardware business likely adds risk.

Risk Reward

Valuation reflects balance sheet flexibility

Investment Thesis
    • CEO Chen will aggressively cut OPEX to preserve assets, allowing for future optionality.
    • Pressure will continue to mount on hardware platforms in the form of both lower pricing and lengthening life cycles, with value creation opportunities primarily in software.
    • Cash balance worth $3.5 - $3.75/share ($2.5/share post-acquisitions).

Key Value Drivers
    • Can the company stabilize its user base? We are skeptical.
    • Will the company be able to achieve ~$600mm software & messaging revenue in FY16? Not achievable in FY16, but acquisitions could help company leave FY with a $550mm/yr run rate.
    • Is there room for a third or fourth independent player in the MDM/messaging platform market? There are already more advanced vendors in the market with proven solutions for heterogeneous device environments. Acquisition of Good Technology could help.

Potential Catalysts
    • Signs of success with its various turnaround initiatives.
    • Acquisition offers avenue to monetize remaining BB7 users.
    • Break-even on hardware business.

Risks to Achieving Price Target
    • Management isn’t prepared to further expand operating expense cuts; drains cash.
    • Makes major acquisition that burns cash without adding value.
    • Low multiple ascribed if just reselling acquired company software.

Price Target $7 4-5x Software+Messaging Revenue (in-line with software universe)

Bull $11 6x Bull Case Software Revenue
    Acquires mobile security software vendor, able to accelerate sales. Acquires a mobile security software vendor that has meaningful share and revenue in the market. Grows this business by converting remaining base of BB7 users to acquired software
    platform. Able to become a ~$700mm revenue business, about double current size. Achieve a better software revenue multiple on account of growth and secular mobility theme.

Base $7 4-5x Base Case Software Revenue
    Build software business through small acquisitions, continue to accumulate cash. The company continues to make small acquisitions that help i t become a $400-500mm software company. Continue to cut opex in order to generate cash for acquisitions. Preserve existing cash balance.

Bear $4 2x Bear Case Software Revenue
    Revenue from acquired assets does not continue, cash balance deteriorates. Revenue generated from acquired assets falls as subscribers leave. Service revenue falls off quicker than expected, company does not make necessary opex cuts and cash balance deteriorates. Trades at a minimal software multiple.
    11-02-15 06:12 AM
  16. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    What would a BlackBerry event be without our friend's take on it?
    This upcoming quarter must be the beginning of the turning point upwards, as CEO Chen alluded to on his last conference call.... PRIV must be solid on launch with some marketing and excellent carrier support... PRIV software must be solid on day one ... only then can we shut up people like this and begin to seriously flush out the Shorts.... and see this stock propel upwards in a significant way....

Posted via CB10
    morganplus8, 3MIKE, Corbu and 12 others like this.
    11-02-15 07:14 AM
  17. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    http://web.tmxmoney.com/article.php?...5&qm_symbol=BB

BlackBerry Completes Good Technology Acquisition
    WATERLOO, ONTARIO--(Marketwired - Nov. 2, 2015) - BlackBerry Limited (NASDAQ:BBRY)(TSX:BB), a global leader in secure mobile communications, today announced it has completed the acquisition of Good Technology. BlackBerry will integrate Good's software solutions and services with its own software suites to offer the industry's most complete end-to-end solution that secures the entire mobile enterprise, across all platforms and applications while protecting personal privacy.

With the acquisition of Good, BlackBerry has expanded its ability to offer a unified, secure mobility platform with applications and services for any mobile device on any operating system - supported by security that has been certified by governments around the world embedded in every component of the mobility infrastructure.*

"The Good and BlackBerry solutions are very complementary. Combined, BlackBerry solves one of the biggest challenges for CIOs - to*securely manage all types of deployment models for any device*operating system platform, whether on-premise or in the cloud," said John Chen, BlackBerry Executive Chairman and CEO. "We are creating a higher-value solution with the capability to extend across enterprise mobility management, collaboration and application enablement in order to provide customers with the best and most secure products, services and support to meet their enterprise mobility objectives."

"BlackBerry's completion of the Good acquisition brings two leading companies in the mobile security space together to offer a secure cross-platform EMM solution," said Stacy Crook, Research Director, Enterprise Mobility at IDC. "Good brings additional value to the BlackBerry platform by offering strong application containerization on iOS and Android, and will provide solutions to containerize custom and third-party applications."

BlackBerry and Good have natural platform synergies that will be integrated, offering the best of containerization and enterprise mobility management (EMM), and will leverage BlackBerry's global network infrastructure. Customers and partners can expect easily managed migration options and seamless, uninterrupted integration with the combined platform. Customers can look forward to:

The broadest set of options to meet the full cross-platform needs of an enterprise for EMM, including support for iOS, BlackBerry, Windows, and Android including Samsung KNOX� Workspace and Android� for Work.
    Support for varying deployment models such as bring-your-own-device (BYOD); corporate owned, personally enabled (COPE); corporate owned, business only (COBO); as well as environments with multiple user interfaces and operating systems.
    The most secure container solution in the market; used on millions of devices around the world to meet the highest security requirements, protecting data independent of device, app, user or location.
    The widest portfolio of secure enterprise productivity applications in the industry, including over 2,000 Independent Software Vendor (ISV) and custom applications with software development kit (SDK) support.
    Secure mobile applications such as WatchDox for secure sync and file share, AtHoc for crisis communication and BBM Protected for messaging.
    Secure mobile collaboration applications like Good Work, Good Access, and Good for Salesforce1 CRM.
    BlackBerry anticipates the acquisition to be accretive to earnings and cash flow within the first year after closing. BlackBerry also expects to realize approximately $160 million in GAAP revenue from Good in the first year, including the impact of an expected write-down of certain deferred revenue of Good.

For more information, please visit www.blackberry.com/good.*

Posted via CB10
    11-02-15 07:23 AM
    Now I want everyone to stop what they are doing, get out of that lazy chair and do the happy dance because this is wonderful news for BlackBerry!! Thanks to World Traveler for spotting this right away. We will see $ 40 MM in revenues each quarter with a 1/3 of that this quarter, it all adds up!!

Now let's launch the best phone on the planet ..........................
    Corbu, bungaboy, Mr BBRY and 14 others like this.
    11-02-15 07:44 AM
    And right on schedule.

From the last EC:

On the M&A front, we established investment software. This, of course, reflects our confidence in our free cash flow outlook and our current cash situation. Our recent announced investment in AtHoc and Good Technology will provide both near and long-term benefit. By the way, AtHoc, as I said, closed this week, in the beginning of the week, and Good Technology will close towards the end of the year; I hope towards the end of November.

I need to clarify two misperceptions from reading the research notes from our Good announcement. The first deals with the degrees of product overlap with us between BlackBerry and Good. The second is on opportunity for our cost synergy. So I'll take the first one first. BlackBerry and Good have strength in non-overlapping areas. This is one of the major reasons why this acquisition is so attractive to us. BlackBerry is strong in cost platform in the end and a lot of the value added surface, as you know. We also have a growing base of Android users to go with our BB10 base, as well as the BBOS base. Good is good mobile apps management and bringing a larger benefit of IOS users and I believe they are 64% of their licenses on IOS. And we share a common heritage in privacy and security. Combined, we will have the broadest and the deepest platform in the EMM space.

On the cost synergy side, we will have full integration plan on day one. We will move quickly, especially in the back office functions and by eliminating duplicated infrastructures. We are targeting a 30% reduction in combined enterprise infrastructure costs at the start. To reiterate expectation we provided on September 4, we expect significant operating expense synergies allowing us to be cash flow and earning secretive within the first years of the combined acquisitions. We anticipate approximately $160 million in GAAP revenue from Good in the first year. This includes the impact of an expected write down of certain deferred revenue of Good. Our model also excludes deferred IP license revenue from BlackBerry and factors in modest degrees of revenue attrition, due to the limited product overlap.

[…]

Both Good and AtHoc have subscription revenue model. We will focus on growing, based on this recurring revenue going forward.
    11-02-15 07:50 AM
    11-02-15 07:52 AM
    11-02-15 08:03 AM
    Now I want everyone to stop what they are doing, get out of that lazy chair and do the happy dance because this is wonderful news for BlackBerry!!
    I did precisely that. In the middle of it, one of my interns walked by my office, stopped, and stared at me with a confused look on her face. LOL
    11-02-15 08:09 AM
    I did precisely that. In the middle of it, one of my interns walked by my office, stopped, and stared at me with a confused look on her face. LOL
    Ha! Ha! Ha! I just want to know what happened to Corbu on this breaking news!??? I contacted EVLeaks and they said he was either in the washroom having a "time-out" or having sex again this morning. It's not like Corbu to miss breaking news so thank goodness we have World Traveler there to pick up the slack!

All seriousness aside, this is great news, now we have the launch, a chart that is yearning to breakout, and the company can now focus on next steps to propel this stock higher. GL
    11-02-15 08:21 AM
    Ha! Ha! Ha! I just want to know what happened to Corbu on this breaking news!??? I contacted EVLeaks and they said he was either in the washroom having a "time-out" or having sex again this morning. It's not like Corbu to miss breaking news so thank goodness we have World Traveler there to pick up the slack!

All seriousness aside, this is great news, now we have the launch, a chart that is yearning to breakout, and the company can now focus on next steps to propel this stock higher. GL
    Nice of you to remind me of my failings Morgan! I know... I must step up my game! Heck, we have such a crack team of bright and dedicated people on this thread that we do not have to worry about missing anything... Kudos to World Traveler!

By the way, EVLeaks was wrong about his first guess...

Thanks again Morgan and have a good week, everyone!
    11-02-15 08:30 AM
    Nice of you to remind me of my failings Morgan! I know... I must step up my game! Heck, we have such a crack team of bright and dedicated people on this thread that we do not have to worry about missing anything... Kudos to World Traveler!

By the way, EVLeaks was wrong about his first guess...

Thanks again Morgan and have a good week, everyone!
    I knew that I would get a rise out of you!! (Okay, wish I didn't say that .......)

It is our time to shine, the company has promised us no more falling revenues and I want to believe them. They closed a critical deal that one could argue, (based upon the current price of MOBL stock) was a steal for BB. We have a phone that is getting plenty of buzz, its now up to BB to make this launch work. We are holding onto Friday's gains and that despite MS coming out with a comprehensive analysis suggesting that the stock could go down, or it could go up or, that it could remain unchanged. Its that kind of analysts that makes me want to purchase bonds and move to Alaska. Anyway, its a new week, a very important one too, let's see some support on the stock later today.
    W Hoa, bungaboy, kadakn01 and 11 others like this.
    11-02-15 08:40 AM
113,256 ... 36483649365036513652 ...