View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1110. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

694 62.52%
  • No

416 37.48%
    Lowest short number in 3.5 years (May of 2012) and highest institutional ownership in 6.5 years (May of 2009)

Attachment 377810

Attachment 377811
    Mr Whoa...that is great perspective and a much appreciated bit of research right there. Thx so much! Was watching a commentary from an ANALyst the other day and he called BB dead money...it has been (depending)...but do investment houses follow ANAlyst's? Thx again!

Posted via CB10
    bbjdog, 3MIKE, morganplus8 and 1 others like this.
    10-28-15 08:29 PM
    Ok I'll throw out another theory on the late launch event - I think Superfly posts a media event in France for November 16th? "Blackberry Experience". It would be great if this was a global launch event with concurrent events in a few big markets like London, somewhere in Germany, Toronto and/or New York. Recent Blackberry statements suggest they will provide more information over the coming weeks but to enjoy your Priv in the meantime. Priv is available November 6th. So more information in the coming weeks after November 6th. So the OS and blackberry experience apps are done. So they are either waiting for more carriers to have the Priv available before doing the event (US ATT / T-mobile?)....OR....this is my guess.... they are a few weeks behind releasing the Windows / Mac OS X Blend apps for Android and they want to demo this at the event AND have it ready to download on the event date. We saw a marketing add with the Android in a blender....so Blend for PC must be coming.
    Wowowowoowowoowowowowow!
    I really love your enthusiasm but...
    The event is the 19th and the "ad" you saw may be... my funny thinking alone (and a really ugly photoshop work ! ) ...

So: I'm with you about Blend on Priv (but that's only my hopes, nowhere info) . I really believe this would be a MASSIVE differenciator in Android world, one of these 'nowhere else than on a BlackBerry' feature that will contribute to make the device pricing really legit.

P.S: is this the pic you were referring to ? If yes, I confirm that's "mine", not BlackBerry's,
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares]-img_20151029_013008.jpg
    10-28-15 08:31 PM
    Just...
    Attachment 377979
    New beta zone app... smells... good !
    10-28-15 08:38 PM
    Wowowowoowowoowowowowow!
    The event is the 19th and the "ad" you saw may be... my funny thinking alone (and a really ugly photoshop work ! ) ...

So: I'm with you about Blend on Priv (but that's only my hopes, nowhere info) . I really believe this would be a MASSIVE differenciator in Android world, one of these 'nowhere else than on a BlackBerry' feature that will contribute to make the device pricing really legit.

P.S: is this the pic you were referring to ? If yes, I confirm that's "mine", not BlackBerry's,
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20151029_013008.jpg 
Views:	2331 
Size:	90.0 KB 
ID:	377969
    Oh this isn't an official BlackBerry pic? Tear

BBM Channel: C002165D3 Tour 9630 > Bold 9650 > Q10 > Playbook > Classic AND Passport SE!!!
    10-28-15 09:24 PM
    10-28-15 09:26 PM
    Oh boy. I sincerely hope that this is not going to be the only focus of marketing. Privacy is not the most important feature of this phone. People need to know it's got top specs, curved screen, very clear about Android, keyboard, battery maybe one or two original software features, etc. I'm hoping that this will change after release since they haven't really shown the software and hardware features off yet. I could be way off, but man I just don't get it right now. This phone has mainstream potential, it doesn't have to be super niche.

I don't want to overreact from a few ads, but this does seem to be the trend and plan given the name. I will hold out hope that there will be some more ads showing and telling the basics of this phone after launch.

Edit: like this! lolol (obviously needs editing for an ad spot)
    10-28-15 09:37 PM
    Best commercial yet!

PRIV features

Z30STA100-5 10.3.2.2339
    10-28-15 10:15 PM
    Wowowowoowowoowowowowow!

Name:	IMG_20151029_013008.jpg 
Views:	2331 
Size:	90.0 KB 
ID:	377969
    Yep that was it indeed. So damn. There goes the 'ad' support evidence. Ok and Nov 19th ....well let's get Blend out by then
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    10-28-15 10:56 PM
    Since this will likely end up on a BlackBerry blog in the near future...

https://www.reddit.com/r/Android/com...priv_overview/
    Top comments:
    Of all the phones to come out this year I can't believe a blackberry is the one I want the most.
    It still boggles my mind how they kept the phone so thin, included such a big battery, and it has a physical keyboard that slides out.

While you can argue other Android phones have better specs here and there, I think this phone is up there when you really consider everything. Also, I'm glad SOMEONE's sticking with MicroSDs.
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    10-28-15 11:17 PM
    10-29-15 03:18 AM

Name:	1446102939662_663685.jpeg 
Views:	2086 
Size:	62.4 KB 
ID:	378020
    Source?? Don't answer "myself" cause I can't scream like crazy where I am now =)

Posted via CB10
    KenFletch likes this.
    10-29-15 04:15 AM
    Best commercial yet!

PRIV features

Z30STA100-5 10.3.2.2339

I do not know if it's even possible, but if it is, BlackBerry should send that commercial to all ex BlackBerry users! They have a tens of millions of people used with pkb in their database, and a lot of these are now on Droid. It is the perfect time to use it.

Posted via CB10
    zlatno, rarsen, bbjdog and 9 others like this.
    10-29-15 06:11 AM
    BlackBerry need to show some kind of confidence with this launch and break the pattern of stillbirthing their phones. Show some confidence, and put some advertising money behind it in the belief that the product and sales will pay back the investment many many times over.

Posted via CB10
    10-29-15 06:23 AM
    https://www.qualcomm.com/news/snapdr...s-privacy-mind

Need to protect yourself? Hire a security guard or a ninja warrior. Need to protect your information? Consider a BlackBerry Priv that features intricate layers of security.

The Priv, named for its focus on privacy, is powered by the Qualcomm Snapdragon 808 processor and is the first BlackBerry phone to run on the Android (5.1.1 Lollipop) operating system (OS). In order for the Priv to properly live up to its name, BlackBerry has taken multiple steps to protect your device.

Qualcomm SecureMSM technology is integrated into the devices hardware and software to provide a high level of content protection while being power efficient. During its manufacturing process, cryptographic keys are injected into the devices hardware to establish a secure foundation. Verified Boot and Secure Bootchain verify every layer of the Priv, from its hardware to its OS to your applications. Also, an enhanced Linux kernel improves security at the OS level, and a FIPS 140-2 compliant full disk encryption is on by default, applied to your data and applications.

BlackBerry has also developed an application called DTEK, which comes preloaded on the Priv. The application shows how secure your device is based on different hacker-prone components, such as the strength of your password and the applications you have installed. DTEK also provides recommendations on how to improve your devices security status.

It might seem as if the Priv is all work and no play, but thats far from the case. With Qualcomm Snapdragon StudioAccess, high resolution content from movie studios is engineered to be played without hesitation. Compressed and uncompressed video is protected through the graphics processing unit, hardware crypto engine, hardware video codec, and mobile display processor.

The latest BlackBerry features a unique designa touch screen with a sliding keyboard, which doubles as a trackpad. It has a 5.4-inch dual-curved screen and 2560-by-1440 AMOLED display. The Privs 18-megapixel rear camera and 2-megapixel front camera are certified by lens expert Schneider-Kreuznach.

So go ahead, take those high-resolution photos and record that 4K Ultra HD video. With 32GB of storage and a microSD slot that supports up to 2 terabytes of storage, your captured moments are housed safely. A 3410-mAh battery with Qualcomm Quick Charge 2.0 fast charging technology, designed to provide 50 percent charge in 40 minutes, doesnt hurt either.

BlackBerry states that the Priv will start to ship on November 6. Visit the BlackBerry website for more information.
    10-29-15 06:44 AM
    GOOD closing = added revenue. license deal (hopefully) = added revenue. Probably see some increase rev from QNX auto. Some Priv rev hopefully more than enough to offset decline in BB10 rev (I'll guess 600K BB10 down from 800K). If Chen is confident revenue has bottomed then I definitely expect to see a license IP deal for about $50-100M.
    They should get some rev from Athock (Did I spell that correctly?)
    10-29-15 06:50 AM

Name:	1446102939662_663685.jpeg 
Views:	2086 
Size:	62.4 KB 
ID:	378020
    Is that an iphone 6?

They are so terrible looking and so dated. The exact same design since 2007.

I am so frustrated that people demand so little from apple.

Posted via CB10
    zlatno, morganplus8, Corbu and 4 others like this.
    10-29-15 07:19 AM
    BlackBerry Ltd (NASDAQ:BBRY): Mobile Marketing Association Gives BBM Media Company of the Year Award
    By Ruchi Gupta - October 29, 2015

BlackBerry Ltd (NASDAQ:BBRY)’s mobile advertising platform BBM was selected as the winner of the publisher/media company of the year category.

The company was awarded by the Mobile Marketing Association (MMA) during the 2015 ‘Smartie’ awards that were held in Indonesia. Blackberry’s Matthew Talbot the award as an important milestone for the company because it is a good indicator that BBM is widely recognized by the advertising and mobile marketing world. It also shows how well and successfully the company has transformed BBM from its initial status as a chat service into a successful platform that combines commerce ads and content.

Media and advertising are relatively new fields for the company but so far they have proved to be the right direction for BBM. The company achieved its first direct Native Ad in July last year, while video was incorporated in September 2015. Mr. Talbot reported the company has been receiving more than 1 billion ad request on a daily basis. He expressed the company’s gratitude to the MMA for noticing what Blackberry has achieved through BBM.

The team has had very good success pushing their luck in the mobile marketing industry through comprehensive use of talent. Blackberry hopes to carry on with the same momentum by attracting partnerships with ad firms and brands. The company feels that the working together can help the parties generate more value by taking advantage of all that BBM can offer.

The MMA is a non-profit trade association that represents the mobile marketing industry. Its main aim is to push the development of marketing through mobile platforms. RohitDadwal of the Mobile Marketing Association Asia Pacific Limited expressed delight in the fact that the officials selected BBM as the winner.

Mobile marketing has emerged as the best advertising platform due to its accuracy. BBM managed to take advantage over the field through its creative and innovative strategies that produce results within a short time. The organization is keen on observing BBM’s continued growth as a leader in the mobile marketing platform.

Sources: 4-traders.com
    10-29-15 08:41 AM
    10-29-15 09:19 AM
    Is it 15/11/6 yet?? Curious to take a hands on with this bad boy.

Posted via CB10
    morganplus8, sidhuk, 3MIKE and 4 others like this.
    10-29-15 09:25 AM
    Is it 15/11/6 yet?? Curious to take a hands on with this bad boy.

Posted via CB10
    TWSS?
    Superfly_FR and CDM76 like this.
    10-29-15 09:38 AM
    Ad for BlackBerry Priv points out that your entire life is inside your smartphone

A 30-second black and white ad from BlackBerry looks to be the first television commercial for the Android powered BlackBerry Priv. The message behind the ad was made clear enough. Everything about your life is inside your smartphone, so if it gets lost, stolen or hacked into, your privacy is all gone.
    10-29-15 09:43 AM
    10-29-15 09:57 AM
    Good support for price in the commenets and talk of differentiated features. Only one paid basher or Apple stock holder aggravating the posters.
    rarsen and La Emperor like this.
    10-29-15 10:22 AM
    OT:
    http://www.ft.com/cms/s/0/84264e22-7...d4728f74e.html
    Samsung bows to investor pressure with $9.9bn share buyback
    10-29-15 10:23 AM
    10-29-15 10:37 AM
107,414 ... 36423643364436453646 ...