View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    FWIW, I've just read that a seller is paying 650€ (VAT excluded) for each Priv. We are kinda having a confirmation that this phone will cost a lot..Imo(again), too much.
    That is $738 US. Not a bad price. IMHO
    morganplus8, sidhuk, 3MIKE and 1 others like this.
    10-20-15 11:39 AM
    Konichawa.

It's been a while.

2 Years ago, this was the most engaging, emotional, and fierce forum in the entire stock market (no joke). You had paid trolls, unimaginable tails of riches, conspiracies, highs, lows, and blows. Some gained, many of us fell short but we eventually got back up and moved on with life. Money is an interesting thing, it can control you, it can dictate you, it can deceive you. The stock market, is an even funnier thing... Oh yes. How the action of the morning dips, the hover over the $15 break point, the major crash of the infamous 2nd quarter report of 2013, and so on kept some rallying while others threw the book. I haven't paid attention to BBRY much since I sold a few months after that event. In fact, I'm no longer and may never return to the market. Sometimes I do wonder however, what life would have been like if we all hit that $100 mark. Nonetheless, we are all still here, living and breathing and enjoying life (I hope!). No amount can touch that! I'm still searching though, searching for that breakthrough idea, or to find my calling.

Ya know, time flies, I'm no longer a kid anymore... It's time to grow up... Lock myself into a career, buy an un-affordable house, get married, have children, and fit into what is deemed 'normal'.

But before I do, I had to make one last trip to Tokyo... Go BBRY.

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-capture.jpg
    10-20-15 12:07 PM
    Konichawa.

It's been a while.

2 Years ago, this was the most engaging, emotional, and fierce forum in the entire stock market (no joke). You had paid trolls, unimaginable tails of riches, conspiracies, highs, lows, and blows. Some gained, many of us fell short but we eventually got back up and moved on with life. Money is an interesting thing, it can control you, it can dictate you, it can deceive you. The stock market, is an even funnier thing... Oh yes. How the action of the morning dips, the hover over the $15 break point, the major crash of the infamous 2nd quarter report of 2013, and so on kept some rallying while others threw the book. I haven't paid attention to BBRY much since I sold a few months after that event. In fact, I'm no longer and may never return to the market. Sometimes I do wonder however, what life would have been like if we all hit that $100 mark. Nonetheless, we are all still here, living and breathing and enjoying life (I hope!). No amount can touch that! I'm still searching though, searching for that breakthrough idea, or to find my calling.

Ya know, time flies, I'm no longer a kid anymore... It's time to grow up... Lock myself into a career, buy an un-affordable house, get married, have children, and fit into what is deemed 'normal'.

But before I do, I had to make one last trip to Tokyo... Go BBRY.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture.JPG 
Views:	1384 
Size:	241.5 KB 
ID:	376640
    Sure, sure... grow up as much as you like, but don't forget to send us those pics! LOL
    Good to see you.

Posted via CB10
    morganplus8, sidhuk, 3MIKE and 8 others like this.
    10-20-15 12:19 PM
    10-20-15 12:42 PM
    10-20-15 12:44 PM
    FWIW, I've just read that a seller is paying 650€ (VAT excluded) for each Priv. We are kinda having a confirmation that this phone will cost a lot..Imo(again), too much.
    Posted via CB10
    Same source ?
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...rlands-1043453

PhoneBucks (Netherlands). They advertise it at €799 public price (incl. VAT) for preorders.
    Price subject to change depending on final price.

About the price itself: we received information that we had to take in mind that we have to pay the phone for between 645€ and 655€ each excl. 21% VAT and levy's. Do the math yourself: our price is not that bad after all.

Kind regards,
    PhoneBucks
    Edit,

One last, made my day.

http://bizblog.blackberry.com/2015/1...is-byod-dying/
    Seems Google worked with BlackBerry but there's no master/servant position, nor BYOD praise ... at security cost.
    Whether BYOD adoption continues to grow or decline over the next few years, the one thing that appears certain is that it is not going away completely any time soon. Personally owned devices can enable better productivity and help reduce costs for enterprises. But to get there, employers will need to get smarter about how to manage personal device use in the enterprise. And employees will just have to get used to the idea of at least some limitations on their ability to use personal phones and tablets at work.
    love&hate ...
    Among those pointing to a slowdown is security vendor Bitglass. In a recent survey, Bitglass found that 57% of end users and 38% of IT professionals do not currently participate in their company’s BYOD program due to concerns about their employers’ IT group snooping on them. Another study, this one by CompTIA earlier this year, showed that 53% of enterprises currently do not allow BYOD at least partly because of security concerns. That figure is up significantly from the 34% who reported the same thing in 2013.

Others have numbers pointing in the opposite direction. A new report from Strategy Analytics shows that nearly two-thirds of all tablets and smartphones shipped for business use in 2015 were personal-liable or BYOD. And Gartner has predicted that by 2017, half of all employers will actually require employees to use personal devices for work.

And now, drums time !

CU2morrow gang !
    Last edited by Superfly_FR; 10-20-15 at 01:01 PM.
    Corbu, sidhuk, morganplus8 and 7 others like this.
    10-20-15 12:48 PM
    860� in Romania too, available for pre-order. That's a sick price, almost $1k.

Posted via CB10 from my exquisite Passport on TMO Romania
    Intrestor likes this.
    10-20-15 01:20 PM
    love&hate ...
    Among those pointing to a slowdown is security vendor Bitglass. In a recent survey, Bitglass found that 57% of end users and 38% of IT professionals do not currently participate in their company’s BYOD program due to concerns about their employers’ IT group snooping on them. Another study, this one by CompTIA earlier this year, showed that 53% of enterprises currently do not allow BYOD at least partly because of security concerns. That figure is up significantly from the 34% who reported the same thing in 2013.

Others have numbers pointing in the opposite direction. A new report from Strategy Analytics shows that nearly two-thirds of all tablets and smartphones shipped for business use in 2015 were personal-liable or BYOD. And Gartner has predicted that by 2017, half of all employers will actually require employees to use personal devices for work.

Me personally, I would not connect a personal device to a work network.... just adding a simple email account, can give your work a lot of control over your device. I think this is wrong, just adding an email account shouldn't allow some guy in IT to track me or wipe my phone.
    CDM76 and Superfly_FR like this.
    10-20-15 01:46 PM
    10-20-15 02:08 PM
    860€ is just overpriced. I can't believe that BlackBerry makes the same mistakes over and over again. They try to make a comeback and do not have the reputation or the "coolness-factor" like Apple to by able to justify such a price tag... :-(

To let me be clear. This device is amazing but probably not compelling for many at this price. It does not matter what we think here on this board. BlackBerry-fans will probably get it anyway but what about the masses? Companies will probably order it only for their executives, if at all all and the average consumer probably will not pay 950 Dollar (860 Euro) for a BlackBerry...

If you go back on this thread users praised every single device as a "game changer" for BlackBerry. And what happened? Nothing. Sales are declining rapidly. The Priv won't be a success at this price. I know that's an unpopular opinion here... but we will see...

Just keep in mind that companies keep trying to cut cost and only few people are willing/able to spend almost a 1.000 Dollar on a phone from a company that already stated that they might leave the hardware business a year from now...
    Elephant_Canyon likes this.
    10-20-15 02:10 PM
    860� is just overpriced. I can't believe that BlackBerry makes the same mistakes over and over again. They try to make a comeback and do not have the reputation or the "coolness-factor" like Apple to by able to justify such a price tag... :-(

To let me be clear. This device is amazing but probably not compelling for many at this price. It does not matter what we think here on this board. BlackBerry-fans will probably get it anyway but what about the masses? Companies will probably order it only for their executives, if at all all and the average consumer probably will not pay 950 Dollar (860 Euro) for a BlackBerry...

If you go back on this thread users praised every single device as a "game changer" for BlackBerry. And what happened? Nothing. Sales are declining rapidly. The Priv won't be a success at this price. I know that's an unpopular opinion here... but we will see...

Just keep in mind that companies keep trying to cut cost and only few people are willing/able to spend almost a 1.000 Dollar on a phone from a company that already stated that they might leave the hardware business a year from now...
    Yes but keep in mind the number that Chen put out there.... 5M phones.... do you know how little that is in the overall market??
    Even at a $1000usd, I believe that number is achievable with an BB/Android premium phone...

Just look at the numbers;

https://www.gartner.com/newsroom/id/2996817
    morganplus8, bungaboy and rarsen like this.
    10-20-15 02:20 PM
    I wont know the price, until i see it on shopblackberry.com Period. and i am not buying from any one else. I want my phone to be unlocked and 2 years warranty.. only shopblackberry provides that.
    Corbu, morganplus8, W Hoa and 7 others like this.
    10-20-15 02:21 PM
    I wont know the price, until i see it on shopblackberry.com Period. and i am not buying from any one else. I want my phone to be unlocked and 2 years warranty.. only shopblackberry provides that.
    Well..that's not necessarily right.. I bought my two BB10 devices from ebay and, you know what? Two years warranty! ;-) Oh, and they both work on every network, at least here in Europe..

Posted via CB10
    3MIKE likes this.
    10-20-15 02:38 PM
    Yes but keep in mind the number that Chen put out there.... 5M phones.... do you know how little that is in the overall market??
    Even at a $1000usd, I believe that number is achievable with an BB/Android premium phone...

Just look at the numbers;

https://www.gartner.com/newsroom/id/2996817
    I remember when only 10 million seemed so easily achievable.....

But Android is a tough market.... it really depends on what features the user puts value in. If a KEYBOARD and PRIVACY is a concern, then for consumers the PRIV might be worth investing a "little" extra money towards.

But if you are an average Android buyer, they this is way outside your price range. If you have a tech geek or Android power user... you'll probable just wait till January and get the Galaxy S7 that will be two genteration ahead of the PRIV. Samsung may move up Galaxy S7 launch to January, report says - CNET
    Samsung is thinking of doing this because Apple is eating their lunch in the high end market where BlackBerry dares to tread.
    10-20-15 02:41 PM
    If I may, I would suggest that all this chatter around pricing is a waste of time. Within two weeks, latest, we will have pricing. Four weeks after that we'll know if the price is right.

Thank-you
    10-20-15 02:58 PM
    + Corbu
    http://crackberry.com/heres-how-blac...d-android-priv

@dunt: if only BB10 target had been these 5mil... we would be in a very different situation right now. Sometimes I regret they didn't start with a $900 hyper exclusive and private device (read: no Android RT).
    A real social diff�renciation, with no compromise written on it.

Posted via CB10
    10-20-15 03:00 PM
    Well..that's not necessarily right.. I bought my two BB10 devices from ebay and, you know what? Two years warranty! ;-) Oh, and they both work on every network, at least here in Europe..

Posted via CB10
    Thanks for the info and glad to hear that. may be you ll find a cheaper Priv same way.
    10-20-15 03:04 PM
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-img_20151020_223558.png

Aggressive marketing anyone? =)

Posted via CB10
    10-20-15 03:37 PM
    @Snaponsly

That's true! The Android-Market is huge. But it's mostly lower end smartphones. "Only" 50 Mio. smartphones with a price tag above 400 Dollars are sold each quarter. This sector is mainly dominated by Samsung. But the Priv will have a price well above 700 Dollars. So how big is the market for the Priv? I am honest and I speculate... maybe 20 Mio. units? Probably less. With say 15 Mio. smartphones shipped in this price range per quarter BlackBerry would need a marketshare of about 10 % to sell 5 Mio. Privs... competing directly with the Samsung Galxys...

I don't know whether this is realistic to assume. I believe that they will need to sell at least 3 Mio. Privs to reach their goals of 5 Mio. devices per year. I expect a steep decline in BB10 sales and this will party offset the positive effects of the Priv. Who would still buy a BlackBerry Passport or Classic (except for the BB10 diehard fans)) ...

I am not overly pessimistic but just cautious. BlackBerry used to over promise and under deliver in the past!
    10-20-15 03:46 PM
    "PRIV is for Private: How BlackBerry Secures the Android Platform

BlackBerry has a long and storied history of building private and secure mobile solutions‎. BlackBerry OS was the first to provide secure email and applications on mobile devices. We pioneered the concept of app permissions, giving mobile users control over their personal data. With BlackBerry 10, we expanded our platform to include Android apps; first with our secure Android Player and then with direct APK downloads. In BlackBerry 10.3, we introduced the ability to download Android apps directly from the Amazon App Store.

Now for the first time ever, BlackBerry and Google have combined the most secure mobile platform with the most flexible application ecosystem to create a device that will revolutionize the way you look at smartphones, as our Chief Security Officer David Kleidermacher explained in his blog last week, How PRIV Sets the Bar for Android Privacy.

Building on decades of experience securing mobile devices and years of experience integrating Android technologies, the brand new PRIV by BlackBerry is the perfect smartphone for businesses and consumers looking for productivity, privacy and security. Kleidermacher outlined the four principles*that guide our strong privacy approach; I�ll delve a little bit into the*technology that delivers on our promise.

BlackBerry has applied its world-renowned security model to Android, including:

BlackBerry�s Hardware Root of Trust, a unique manufacturing process that injects cryptographic keys into the device hardware, providing a secure foundation for the entire platform.
    Verified Boot and Secure Bootchain, which uses the embedded keys to verify every layer of the device from hardware to OS to applications in order to make sure they haven�t been tampered with.
    A hardened Linux kernel with numerous patches and configuration changes to improve security.
    FIPS 140-2 compliant full disk encryption on by default to protect your privacy.
    The BlackBerry Infrastructure, a secure distributed global network that transmits petabytes of encrypted data to and from the world�s most powerful leaders and professionals.
    BES12, the leading Enterprise Mobility Management platform used by the world�s most powerful governments and corporations.
    Whether you�re protecting your personal privacy or business-critical data, the BlackBerry PRIV is designed to keep you safe and secure.

Protect Your Sandbox

PRIV integrates seamlessly with Android for Work to provide secure separation between work and personal data and applications. The Personal Space lets you download apps and protects your personal privacy, while the Work Space lets the enterprise secure its corporate data.

Safeguard Your Privacy

PRIV comes pre-loaded with the brand new BlackBerry DTEK application, designed to help you manage and protect your privacy. DTEK tells you which apps access your personal data and shows the overall security of your device based on factors such as the strength of your password, your encryption settings and the apps you have installed. DTEK even makes recommendations on how you can improve your overall security rating.

Work Hard, Play Harder

PRIV comes with full access to Google Play, the world�s largest mobile app store. For the first time ever, you get unlimited access to the entire Android ecosystem, giving you even more productivity and flexibility on the world�s most secure mobile platform.

IT administrators can also use Google Play for Work to manage and deploy enterprise applications. This allows them to whitelist apps to create a custom catalogue, self-host the APK files and ensure that users cannot download apps to their work space from anywhere else.

Over the next few weeks, we�ll go into a lot more detail on the features above and much more. In the meantime, enjoy your new PRIV by BlackBerry, with the flexibility of the full Android ecosystem and the peace-of-mind of the world�s most trusted name in mobile privacy and security."

Just had to post in details here becuase. IMO BlackBerry has made the difference.
    http://blogs.blackberry.com/2015/10/...agement||priv|

Posted via CB10
    10-20-15 05:18 PM
    So, a competing BlackBerry fan blog whose name I can not mention have posted an article claiming a Windows 10 update might include the removal of Android Support... due to their phones lagging when there's 'too much Android running on it. Just a rumour for now, of course.
    LOL. So it is like the first releases of BB10....

If true, I wonder if that is the MSFT spin or if Android put their foot down while having an agreement under wraps with BBRY.
    10-20-15 06:53 PM
    Let's be honest.

A $700 Android phone with a few features very few want will not outsell a fully loaded $600 phone that has everything a person would actually want.
    10-20-15 06:56 PM
    As of right now, four days in...

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-untitled.png
    10-20-15 07:02 PM
    Let's be honest.

A $700 Android phone with a few features very few want will not outsell a fully loaded $600 phone that has everything a person would actually want.
    I think everyone here is trying to be honest

But I am curious what is not fully loaded about the priv and what the $600 fully loaded phones have that the priv doesnt?

Are there any $600 phones with a physical keyboard? Because that is one feature that is a must or at least a huge perk for some people.

I never thought I would be a pkb guy until the passport came along and now I don't think I could ever go back.

Posted via CB10
    10-20-15 07:09 PM
    10-20-15 07:29 PM
113,256 ... 36263627362836293630 ...